• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

BL makes BE look like the Dawn Brigade kek

Blue Lions = Best units

If the Black Eagles are the Dawn Brigade in comparison to the Blue Lions, then the Golden Deer will look like a group of units even worse than that.
I know they have Hilda and Lysithea, but still. The Golden Deer are the worst out of the three unit-wise. Easily.
It's not a good sign when you kill off half the house, recruit some replacements and you suddenly feel like the game got a whole lot easier, is what I'm saying.

...she's one of my strongest xD

As a not-so-wise man once said: "RNG is weird."

She was probably my strongest until Sylvain got a Wyvern and Dimitri started destroying everything he looks at xD

Dimitri OP btw. The 2nd coming of Ephraim. He could probably capture a castle alone with 3 other peeps.

The Dimitri experience.
In my very first playthrough, he solo'ed major parts of certain maps for me. I didn't even switch him out of his personal class post-time skip.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

That's why you make her a mage.

I tried that once. She basically turned into Lorenz, which isn't much better.
In fact, I'd say that made her even worse.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Happy Lulua brings smiles to everyone.

That she does.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Blue Lions = Best units

Even Ashe is one-shotting stuff...

With Iron Bows!

I am not kidding. He made the West Wall Chapter alot easier because he could one shot the Archers from 6 Range away while still having 70 hit on them lol.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The Golden Deer are the worst out of the three unit-wise. Easily.

So a challenge again, eh? BL has been kinda a breeze...

even if post time skip is proving to be kinda challenging. Nothing like SS or CF however xD

I didn't even switch him out of his personal class post-time skip.

His class is freaking amazing. Finally a good footie lance class.

Maybe later today i should make pics of my Blue Lions peeps xD

Also, Sylvain, Annette and Ingrid now Master Classes wohooooooo!

Now they can kill stuff even faster and satisfy the boar's hunger

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
Even Ashe is one-shotting stuff...

With Iron Bows!

I am not kidding. He made the West Wall Chapter alot easier because he could one shot the Archers from 6 Range away while still having 70 hit on them lol.

Nice!
Wait until you get him to Bow Knight (if he isn't already).

even if post time skip is proving to be kinda challenging. Nothing like SS or CF however xD

AM gets rough later on.
If you recall, there was a certain thing I didn't tire to cry about after I finished the route, upon which you informed me that some past FE games (i.e. Thracia) had it way worse.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
Also, Sylvain, Annette and Ingrid now Master Classes wohooooooo!

Let me guess: Wyvern Lord, Gremory and Falcon Knight, right?
R.I.P. everything.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
So a challenge again, eh? BL has been kinda a breeze...

The amount of challenge you get in the Golden Deer route is basically dependant on a coin flip. If Claude, Hilda and Lysithea grow well, it'll be smooth sailing. If not, you can only pray that your boat stays in one piece until you reach the next harbor.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Wait until you get him to Bow Knight (if he isn't already).

He is still Sniper, next map he should get lvl 30 to Bow Knight for Maximum pew pew pewness

Also, it was 86 hit, not 70 hit, from 6 Range away....

Don't ask how xD

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Gremory

This one is wrong. Mortal Savant.

Yes, i heard it's bad and all, but i don't wanna deal with 5 MoV only, especially since she needs to reach people to rally them xD

upon which you informed me that some past FE games (i.e. Thracia) had it way worse.

I heard that some later maps do have Kaga elements xD

If Claude, Hilda and Lysithea grow well, it'll be smooth sailing.

While 3 stronger units will make my life easier i bet, with how much i have to split my forces apart, it won't make it that much easier xD

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
He is still Sniper, next map he should get lvl 30 to Bow Knight for Maximum pew pew pewness

Also, it was 86 hit, not 70 hit, from 6 Range away....

Don't ask how xD

Combat arts.

I found Ashe to improve a lot by becoming a Bow Knight. Being able to snipe things from very far away is invaluable on AM, especially with some of the... stuff that comes your way later on.

This one is wrong. Mortal Savant.

Yes, i heard it's bad and all, but i don't wanna deal with 5 MoV only, especially since she needs to reach people to rally them xD

Hey, I'm not judging. I made Lysithea one in my first Golden Deer run just because I liked how the class outfit looks on her.
I actually wanted to make Annette one in a future run for the fun of it.

Did you do the Ashe/Catherine paralogue before the time skip? That one gives you this games' version of the Boots, which can improve movement woes on your mages, I found.

I heard that some later maps do have Kaga elements xD

These particular ones will make you wish for a map-wide Gate of Babylon-like spell...

While 3 stronger units will make my life easier i bet, with how much i have to split my forces apart, it won't make it that much easier xD

There is a paralogue that utterly destroyed me on my GD Hard Mode run, because of that very reason.
Definitely recruit Shamir and Catherine.

Edited by DragonFlames

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Combat arts.

Deadeye doesn't improve hit rate xD

So if we take range penalty, that's -80 hit at 6 range... and he still had 86 xD

Did you do the Ashe/Catherine paralogue before the time skip? That one gives you this games' version of the Boots, which can improve movement woes on your mages, I found.

Yeah, got it, didn't use it yet however. Could give it to Gilbert if i decide to use him. For now, he is an Adjutant for Annette for Support.

Just as i thought, Amors are extra Bleh. 35 Prt means nothing if you get hit twice by 50 ATK. It's like getting hit once while having 20 Prt. And Armors don't even have the no double attack skill they have in Fates (unless they learn it after mastering)

These particular ones will make you wish for a map-wide Gate of Babylon-like spell...

That reminds me...

I miss Meteor. Dorothea was always there with Meteor to help me. Her and Hubie did cover alot of range, with 1-3 Attacks (+Range skill/equipment up to 5 range), status effects, and Ballista.

BL Mages are kinda lackuster in that regard, even if Mercia is the best healer in the game and Annette the one true rally bot.

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Deadeye doesn't improve hit rate xD

So if we take range penalty, that's -80 hit at 6 range... and he still had 86 xD

That's the beauty of a high Dexterity stat and (most likely) Hit+20, which is one of the best skills in the game in my opinion.

Yeah, got it, didn't use it yet however. Could give it to Gilbert if i decide to use him. For now, he is an Adjutant for Annette for Support.

I'd give it to Annette, honestly. If you want her to reach people to rally them, it couldn't hurt to give her some more options.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Just as i thought, Amors are extra Bleh. 35 Prt means nothing if you get hit twice by 50 ATK. It's like getting hit once while having 20 Prt. And Armors don't even have the no double attack skill they have in Fates (unless they learn it after mastering)

Yeah, that is true.
And no, Armors don't get Wary Fighter here. Their class mastery skills are Armored Blow (Armored Knight) and Pavise (Fortress Knight).

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That reminds me...

I miss Meteor. Dorothea was always there with Meteor to help me. Her and Hubie did cover alot of range, with 1-3 Attacks (+Range skill/equipment up to 5 range), status effects, and Ballista.

BL Mages are kinda lackuster in that regard, even if Mercia is the best healer in the game and Annette the one true rally bot.

The trade-off is that Annette gets the lightest and most accurate spells along with Excalibur, which is great if you want to delete some fliers. For additional range, you could give her the Caduceus staff from Flayn's paralogue. Or forge a Levin Sword. She won't reach 5 range like Dorothea and Hubert, but 3 range is still pretty good, I'd say.

Also, the rallies, of course.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I'd give it to Annette, honestly. If you want her to reach people to rally them, it couldn't hurt to give her some more options.

probably. She already has 6 MoV, which is more that half the Team, so will take a look. 

And no, Armors don't get Wary Fighter here. Their class mastery skills are Armored Blow (Armored Knight) and Pavise (Fortress Knight).

Rip. Effie, Gatrie, you didn't get a successor.

For additional range, you could give her the Caduceus staff from Flayn's paralogue.

Just gave her that. I had her run March ring before, but now that she's MS, i switched that over to Mercie and gave the staff to Annette

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, the rallies, of course.

RALLY EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:
probably. She already has 6 MoV, which is more that half the Team, so will take a look.

The more mobile she is, the more she can rally, right?

Rip. Effie, Gatrie, you didn't get a successor.

Nnnnope.

Just gave her that. I had her run March ring before, but now that she's MS, i switched that over to Mercie and gave the staff to Annette

3-range Wind spell. R.I.P. everything.

RALLY EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!

The memes!

Out of curiosity, what Chapter are you currently on?

The more mobile she is, the more she can rally, right?

The more she can kill.

Especially with Gambit. 2nd highest Cha on my team iirc. So i have one delete enemy button with her incase i need it xD

3-range Wind spell. R.I.P. everything.

If only she was fast enough to double non armors :/

20 SPD is kinda slow

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

what Chapter are you currently on?

Valley of torment

The more she can kill.

Especially with Gambit. 2nd highest Cha on my team iirc. So i have one delete enemy button with her incase i need it xD

Nice!

If only she was fast enough to double non armors 😕

20 SPD is kinda slow

Oof.
Then again, her Speed growth is only 35%, so... I guess this is to be expected. I'm used to Annette getting ridiculously Speed blessed, so I tend to forget that her growth rate is actually kind of bad. XD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Valley of torment

Ah, that one. I actually kinda like that map. It's pretty cool.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm used to Annette getting ridiculously Speed blessed

Honestly, i expected Annette to be pretty fast, because when i faced her in Battle of Eagle and Lion when i was playing BE, she could double alot of my dudes xD

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I actually kinda like that map.

I like it as well, but i played it like 5 times by now...

It reminds me of that one Radiant Dawn Map as well.

Honestly, i expected Annette to be pretty fast, because when i faced her in Battle of Eagle and Lion when i was playing BE, she could double alot of my dudes xD

That's because she has Darting Blow in that battle. It increases attack speed by 6 when you attack on player phase.
I gave that skill to Flayn and she became a monster.

I like it as well, but i played it like 5 times by now...

It reminds me of that one Radiant Dawn Map as well.

Yeah, the Dorothea/Ingrid paralogue uses it and it appears in Silver Snow, as well.
That's the thing about Three Houses: a lot of the maps are reused.

That's because she has Darting Blow in that battle. It increases attack speed by 6 when you attack on player phase.

Darting blow only increases AS by 6 when they initiate, as you said.

She could double when i attacked her...

Yeah xD.

a lot of the maps are reused.

Definetly the game's biggest weak point

Edited by Shrimperor

Darting blow only increases AS by 6 when they initiate, as you said.

She could double when i attacked her...

Yeah xD.

... Holy crap.

Though no enemy on that map will ever be as annoying as Ingrid with her absolutely busted stats. It gets to the point where recruiting her prior to the Battle of the Eagle and Lion is an actual strategy to make that battle less painful on any non-Blue Lions playthroughs.

Definetly the game's biggest weak point

True.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Though no enemy on that map will ever be as annoying as Ingrid with her absolutely busted stats.

I've seen so many people complain about Ingrid on that map and/or having trouble with her.

Me: Bernie, time for a solo Mission. I will be with you in spirit xD

The scary one on that Map is Hilda. Damn is she strong xD

Golden Memes on that map are strong in general, and have pretty good skills.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I've seen so many people complain about Ingrid on that map and/or having trouble with her.

Me: Bernie, time for a solo Mission. I will be with you in spirit xD

Yeah, Bernie straight up kills her, that's true.
Ignatz and Claude on the other hand... don't. For whatever reason. I don't know.

And now that I'm seeing that quote, here's a thought on Byleth's A-support with Bernie (spoilers just in case, though you could have seen it if you played both BE routes):

Bernie's A-support is the one support where I kinda don't like male Byleth. The girl practically confesses to him right then and there and he trolls her. What a d***. XD

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The scary one on that Map is Hilda. Damn is she strong xD

Golden Memes on that map are strong in general, and have pretty good skills.

Hilda is pretty accurate to how she performs when she's on your side.
Everyone else, however...

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:
Spoiler

The girl practically confesses to him right then and there and he trolls her.

Tbf though, Byleth has been teasing/trolling her all the time to get her out of the room, so it's in character xD

And teasing a person who started to bloom can be fun xD

And yeah, i got her support.  I got almost all supports with everyone in BE

I love how easy it is to get supports now 😄

Edited by Shrimperor

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

There is a paralogue that utterly destroyed me on my GD Hard Mode run, because of that very reason.

Which one?

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I love how easy it is to get supports now 😄

Oh yes, definitely. In a New Game+ run, you can unlock nearly every one of Byleth's B-supports with your house by the time Chapter 7 rolls around. And I love it!

24 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Which one?

Save the Green Units on a Defend map with a house where over half the units are practically worthless in combat. And you're forced to deploy a little kid who wishes to be Mozu or Donnel but spectacularly fails at it.
A.k.a. the Hilda/Cyril paralogue.
I ultimately decided to skip it because in that particular playthrough, Hilda wasn't using axes anyhow and I won't play a map that is frustrating to no end if all I really get out of it is a Relic I'm not using anyway.