• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Falcom Knight said:

I don't get it.

But yeah, it's her last name.

I think I mentioned before that Tio was Uncle in Spanish, no?

Well, Plato is Spanish for Plate/Dish. So yeah.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I don't know how, but Neptunia games have this uncanny ability to make me tear up.
For context: I got the Ascension Ending for Megadimension Neptunia VII, which was the last thing I needed to finally get the Platinum trophy for the game (yay).
Plat.jpg

Guess how the final boss died:

Reveal hidden contents

Megadimension-Neptunia-VII-2020050417050

Glorious.

That your first platinum? Because I have yet to get even one. Blame my shitty living situation. I certainly do.

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

695330473009741904.png?v=1

Oh my, how lewd!

I'm guessing in a few years, the only thing I'll remember about CS3 is how hilariously shameless and thus oh so very memeable Musse was.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

That your first platinum? Because I have yet to get even one.

It's my second, actually. My first was Warriors All-Stars.
Though you could say that Megadimension Neptunia VII was the first game I consciously wanted to get the platinum trophy for. With Warriors All-Stars it was more a coincidence, since I saw that getting it wasn't actually all that hard and I was already on my way there anyway.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm guessing in a few years, the only thing I'll remember about CS3 is how hilariously shameless and thus oh so very memeable Musse was.

thirsty dragon girl

CS is a fe spin off all along

Just now, Shrimperor said:
thirsty dragon girl

A thirsty dragon girl with a gun, no less.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

CS is a fe spin off all along

The final secret is unearthed.

And speaking of Musse... here's another meme template:
Musse-Meme.jpg

I found this while browsing through my "Funny Moments-Screenshots" folder. I cropped out the spoiler-y part of the picture, though, so no worries!

On 5/2/2020 at 10:25 PM, DragonFlames said:

*before checking out the gameplay* Huh, doesn't look too bad. It kinda looks like any old platformer from that era.

*after checking out the gameplay* ... I have SEVERAL questions...

On 5/2/2020 at 11:02 PM, Armagon said:

IMG_20200331_195838.jpg

I never thought i'd see "using boobs as a helicopter propeller" would be one of the things i see during my time on this Earth. What the fuck.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I... have no words. Only this:

SAnn6WYOlyNe8V2kVngKMoWfdTbMuCwhcBJmLBF7

Yeah guys I don't know, I'm just as confused. Game's also only rated 15+.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Huh. The other day, I saw my little brother, who got the game before I did, fighting the ghost ship boss at level 24 or something - something I couldn't do without a shitload of grinding originally as the enemies at that point aren't even half that level (well, the ghost ship enemies are higher level, but you're stuck there until you defeat the boss).

Yeah seems like they changed the level balance? I saw some people mention in other places how it's difficult to get the final Lv. 38 class in the Original game because by the time you'll reach the final boss you'll be around that level. From what I remember in the remake Lv. 38 is also around the same time you'll unlock the ability to promote to the Lv. 38 class.

The third EF Exceed boss battle brought memories back to life- every boss can OHKO a person if they so choose. Never run out of revival items and return to town to buy more if thou must. The bosses that followed confirmed this. Random enemies can tear off 50% or more to boot. Without a designated healer role existing in this game, that sounds bad, but Spirits don't waste your turn, Suzuka, Haken, and Aschen all have Trust, Kaguya starts when equipped with SP boosters able to cast Love three times, and Alady and Neige have Vigor and Guts. Add in cheap and plentiful- if costing COM and having a limit of 15 each- consumable items and it's all manageable.

On the very positive side, Forced Evasion is now predictable! Baddies can only do it when you've maxed out the Enemy Gauge, no more casting Soul on Reiji only to see a Forced Evasion waste the SP I had spent for a powered up Battou Ougi Shinra Bansho. And if someone is low on HP I could use Forced Evasion myself if I save the FP Gauge for it.

Overall, the battle system has received some good touchups from the first Endless Frontier with no downsides.

And,

Spoiler

Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-first sighting of the inevitable other android. 

Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-

Chocolate Bod here, to borrow Haken's language, walked away when informed KOS-MOS wasn't here and by slip of the tongue, was told where she actually was. 

Of course, she seriously wasn't going to leave peacefully. Why when she knows the heroes are KOS-MOS's friends and would come to her defense? So, I had to beat the aluminum foil out of her, and so I did, she was a relatively joke of a boss even. Turns out she wasn't concentrating and giving it her all- no KOS-MOS around dulled her instinct to fight. 

When she retreated afterwards, this:

Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-

Honestly, why does she always have to show up? Doesn't Xenosaga have other not-spoilery villains it could use? Her face isn't plastered on the boxart of every Episode like KOS-MOS's was. Sexy cool android and pairs well with KOS-MOS are the only, very superficial reasons I would think. I am going to imagine that come the Awaited Day I play XS, I'll see her for what a minor and pathetic villain she truly is. I will delight in her final destruction then, not because of her in herself, but because of her infinite crossovering at the expense of better choices.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

17 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

Yeah seems like they changed the level balance? I saw some people mention in other places how it's difficult to get the final Lv. 38 class in the Original game because by the time you'll reach the final boss you'll be around that level. From what I remember in the remake Lv. 38 is also around the same time you'll unlock the ability to promote to the Lv. 38 class.

Far as I know, endgame level was originally level 50 or thereabouts (that's the highest level enemies you see); also, putting aside the grinding that might be needed for class change seeds (iirc, that's another aspect the remake fixes), level 38 was what I could expect to reach near the end of the Benevodon smiting.

Edited by Shadow Mir

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Far as I know, endgame level was originally level 50 or thereabouts (that's the highest level enemies you see); also, putting aside the grinding that might be needed for class change seeds (iirc, that's another aspect the remake fixes), level 38 was what I could expect to reach near the end of the Benevodon smiting.

Huh, then perhaps I misunderstood what that poster meant. Kind of difficult to understand what people mean when you haven't played the game itself.

Pretty sure that I was Lv. 38 when I found the Sanctuary of Mana because I remember thinking "Damn, I still need an item to promote". 

You sadly can't rig what you get from the ??? seeds anymore. So while you do get like two per Benevedon dungeon you need to hope you get the ones you want. I got Kevin and Duran's items very quickly but it took me 4 or 5 Benevedon dungeons to get Charlotte's.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Honestly, why does she always have to show up? Doesn't Xenosaga have other not-spoilery villains it could use? Her face isn't plastered on the boxart of every Episode like KOS-MOS's was. Sexy cool android and pairs well with KOS-MOS are the only, very superficial reasons I would think.

The bolded part is pretty much the reason. She's portrayed as KOS-MOS' archrival except that, likely due to Xenosaga being cut short, doesn't really fill her role of being an archrival very well. And honest to God, if Xenoblade 2 is anything to go by, T-elos is a better character in her crossover appearances than in her own game.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The bolded part is pretty much the reason. She's portrayed as KOS-MOS' archrival except that, likely due to Xenosaga being cut short, doesn't really fill her role of being an archrival very well.

Also, doesn't T-elos only appear in Xenosaga Episode 3 despite being hinted at in Episode 1?

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Also, doesn't T-elos only appear in Xenosaga Episode 3 despite being hinted at in Episode 1?

Yes. She was likely meant to have a bigger role in the story but we didn't get to live in the timeline where it happened.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yes. She was likely meant to have a bigger role in the story but we didn't get to live in the timeline where it happened.

Guess that explains why their story continues in the Endless Frontier and Project X Zone games, the former of which ALSO featured Reiji, Xiaomu and Saya (the former two are the main characters of Namco x Capcom, and the latter the Big Bad; Saya dies at the end of NxC, but is alive again in Endless Frontier with no explanation. The kicker? Even Saya doesn't know why she's back).

Developing plotlines that go beyond the normal crossover barriers... beautiful.

Which makes things like only half of them being available for certain markets just more annoying...

If were talking about platinumed games, I've got Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, BBS 2 away, FF Type 0, Megadimension Neptunia is right on, Super Neptunia RPG is done. So 4 so far, with a few almost done.

Edited by lightcosmo

3 hours ago, Strullemia said:

Yeah guys I don't know, I'm just as confused. Game's also only rated 15+.

I'd like to think there's no way a game like this would have made it out of Japan, but...

Edited by Shadow Mir