The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

That's weird. Backing up your entire system may be a different story, but if it's just about your documents, music, games and such, I don't exactly know what could go wrong there except for space running out on your SD Card.

I mean... (spoiler alert)

Reveal hidden contents

The game doesn't exactly try to hide who he is. It's pretty clear from the second he appears that he's (I mean it, don't click if you don't want to see)

Reveal hidden contents

actually Crow.

And the game does a pretty piss-poor job at hiding it if that was the intention. Which for the sake of my belief in Falcom's writing skills I hope it wasn't.

On the bright side, that gives you time to make your no Blade summon run in XC2 without CS3 distracting you.

I haven't read the spoiler but I'm pretty sure who Siegfried is supossed to be.

Trails in the Sky 3rd is a bit similar like in this regard by letting a masked villain appear early on you can indentify at once who it is.

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

340?cb=20151130052240

This is Sieg. The True Trails Sieg.

CS3 one is just a disgusting faker

I almost thought Sieg turned into a mutant.

I was wondering why at least Olivert didn't make a comment when he heared the name Sieg.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

and is probably the Grandmaster

qTAhyrk.jpg

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

accompanies best Princess

I didn't see him in accompany Meruru, though.
Comment brought to you by the shitpost association.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Thanks but it turns out, it was my TV that was the problem. Tried it on my cousins TV and I was actually able to see (though I won't be able to transfer everything in one go).

That's great! Glad you found a solution!

3 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

I haven't read the spoiler but I'm pretty sure who Siegfried is supossed to be.

I meant no offense, I assure you. I apologize if it came across that way.

---

Turns out I'm having too much fun playing Neptunia right now.
Meaning I started another playthrough of MegaNep VII to aim for the real true ending once more.

#DoitforUzume

Edited by DragonFlames
posted too early by accident

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Before XenoblaDE

IMG_20200505_235027.jpg

After XenoblaDE

IMG_20200505_235025.jpg

It's funny how truly awful the Wii's graphics were. The hair especially... oh my, does the hair look awful on the Wii version.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I meant no offense, I assure you. I apologize if it came across that way.

Reveal hidden contents

#DoitforUzume

I never would have thought that way, if you had not mentioned it.

Means I'm not offended in the slightest.

I know that one certain song I love returns in CS III which made me think one certain character is back I did not expect for good reason.

Edited by Falcom Knight

My current goal is to finish Final Fantasy VII and maybe get Knights of the Round before XCDE releases, and I have just recruited Vincent. I'm not sure how far in I am, but I can probably finish in around three weeks if I play every day. Lost Number was only the second enemy I got a game over against, the other being Sample:H0512 (because I forget to use Tifa, who had my only healing Materia).

I'm hoping to get all of Aerith's limit breaks before... you know, but the only character to have their level two limits at the moment is Cloud. I might devote some time to having Cloud watch as I give the other two party members Matra Magic/Beta/Aqualung and have them grind on groups of enemies.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

My current goal is to finish Final Fantasy VII and maybe get Knights of the Round before XCDE releases, and I have just recruited Vincent. I'm not sure how far in I am, but I can probably finish in around three weeks if I play every day. Lost Number was only the second enemy I got a game over against, the other being Sample:H0512 (because I forget to use Tifa, who had my only healing Materia).

I'm hoping to get all of Aerith's limit breaks before... you know, but the only character to have their level two limits at the moment is Cloud. I might devote some time to having Cloud watch as I give the other two party members Matra Magic/Beta/Aqualung and have them grind on groups of enemies.

Magic Breath was my go to while wiping out enemies, doing 5k damage to most bosses when you get it is great, and makes it a breeze as well!

Also, grinding isn't that bad in FF7 I don't think.

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

first image looks so cursed now

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

It's funny how truly awful the Wii's graphics were. The hair especially... oh my, does the hair look awful on the Wii version.

Yeah, the character models in the original are really not good. The environments hold up better but the character models are just oof. The eyes are textures, so it made it really hard for the characters to emote. And the times they could emote was just.....uncanny.

Like, look at this comparison

IMG_20200506_105947.jpg

Located a shop in Exceed that sells top-tier healing items for high yet affordable even now with a little grinding prices. The best revival item is Kushua's Parfait, shouldn't it KO you first? It's out of the way, but I must come back here later.

KOS-MOS rejoined for good now, leaving Reiji and Axel & Alfimi left unrecruited. I was expecting this from where the heroes were headed, and there was this:

Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-

Not bad, not bad at all. What a better way to reintroduce the mascot of a series whose subtitles were directly ripped from works by Friedrich Nietzsche? He loved his will to power, though continual sickness and eventual insanity beyond all recovery dampened his ability to exert it.

Her starting equips were updated from the Prologue:

Spoiler

Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-

Me like the reference to the Clone of Citan (I know only that of him), since me like Citan and me like two other katana-toting badass men of Xeno (Dundun and Secretary Nagi). It's purely a name with no visual effects to her fighting however. And it turns out from a check of my old copy it was in the first Endless Frontier, but didn't mention Jin Uzuki (last name required in light of Jin of Torna). I noticed there I gave her the ultimate non-character-specific armor- the Monolith.

I caught this during her rejoining conversation, snippets included:

Spoiler

Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-

Hmm? T-ELOS has something substantial behind her? Hiding XS spoilers KOS-MOS? That posture she's using in the last screenshot must be new to Exceed, because I never saw her use it in the first Endless Frontier and haven't see her use it anywhere else in Exceed so far. It's... emotive. And her eyes changed colors.

Although, this would likely not be the first XS spoiler referencing in EF. When I checked for the VB-Dawn's existence in EF1, I took a glance at her list of Mentalities- passive boosts that randomly activate, some at anytime others under certain condition. These are supposed to reflect something about the character who the Mentality belongs to, for instance, Aschen has Solar Panel because she's an android, Haken has Pioneering Spirit because he likes wandering in search of treasure and adventure. For KOS-MOS, there was one very powerful Mentality of her six of them that had a very peculiar name- "Holy Mother".

The first Endless Frontier had a few pieces of... different exclusive armor and accessories (again, no visuals for any of it) for KOS-MOS. There was a Car Ear Unit "for all those freaks out there" it said in its description. There was Secret Teddie- described as quality lingerie, and "Technophile", described as a skimpy swimsuit. Don't tell me any of this is canon in XS, I can't believe Monolith would invent a sex robot, Banpresto absolutely (and they already have- Code DTD Aschen), Monolith, no.

The anti-Gnosis android's lack of personality might honestly not be a bad thing. Currently, the talking crew members stand at: Alady, Neige, Haken, Kaguya, Aschen, Suzuka, Xiaomu, Kyon, Katze, Anne, Dorothy, and Koma, 12 people not including KOS-MOS, and it's feeling claustrophobic, despite a few more characters destined to join. Yet, I'm impressed that Banpresto and Monolith Soft showed it was possible to replicate on a smaller scale the SRW tens of playable characters with no shortage of mandatory banter aspect in a standard JRPG.

And yes, it appears this is equally Monolith Soft's hard work and not merely a legally-required mention b/c KOS-MOS usage. The MS logo appears upon game startup right after Namco's and Banpresto's. Since from afar it appears that Monolith alone was responsible for Namco x Capcom, the gameplay SRPG predecessor to Endless Frontier, their central role (Banpresto I presume wrote the story, characters, character designs, and music, and left the rest to Monolith) in both EFs makes logical sense. And it makes me feel better about KOS-MOS, because if they're gonna slave away on this, they better get something that stands for the company in it, dare I say they could've pushed for more.

One neat trait of the big roster of playables and Assist characters is the battle music. There is no singular non-boss battle theme. Instead, the game checks which playables and Assists you've assigned to active duty in the party and randomly picks the character theme of one of them. I consider this a total SRW move, a conversion of everyone in those games having a distinct in-battle theme that they use against anything not a boss and even bosses if you're Elzam.

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Before XenoblaDE

IMG_20200505_235027.jpg

After XenoblaDE

IMG_20200505_235025.jpg

Luminous and nimbus, I feel as if fluffy white clouds were injected beneath everyones' skin like silicon implants. Besides the painted-on faces, I was totally fine with the darker, slightly more "realistic" colors. I'm flexible however and will adapt to the new.

Scene that precedes this moment is classic. Need optional minigame based on said scene in next Xeno, and keep them v-balls lively.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Lost Number was only the second enemy I got a game over against

What happened that time?

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Speaking of, let me guess, there's an achievement for getting all of Aerith's limit breaks.

Talked with some acquaintances from university today after lectures, and for whatever reason, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 came up, which resulted in them discussing amongst themselves how the plot is completely stupid, which then lead to a comparatively civil debate on who would be better at doing the horizontal hula between Pyra, Mythra, and Nia. Which THEN lead to them saying how Rex is shotacon bait.

Needless to say, I regret everything. And I'm not entirely sure I want to talk to them anymore.

3 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

I never would have thought that way, if you had not mentioned it.

Means I'm not offended in the slightest.

That's good!
Sorry if I'm overly sensitive about that sort of thing.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

3fast5me

I see you focused on giving him arts-related things, while mine was more about pure stat increases. Most interesting.
Funny that we both used the Heal Quartz for his one water slot. Do you want to turn him into an evasion tank later, too, or do you not care enough to go for a specific "build"? (which would be completely understandable, considering everything)

29 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

What happened that time?

I underestimated Lost Number's physical form (it will start in a mixed physical/magic form, then changes to a specialized form depending on what attacks you use on it). The physical form has only two attacks, but those attacks will one/two shot everyone in the party if you fight it at the first possible opportunity (which I did). Its magic form isn't easy to beat, but at least didn't annihilate my party.

29 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Speaking of, let me guess, there's an achievement for getting all of Aerith's limit breaks.

There is, but I'm playing the Switch version which doesn't have achievements. I just want them all for the sake of completionism.

28 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I see you focused on giving him arts-related things

Actually, that's quite a physical build you are seeing, to make use of his perma 50% STR/SPD buff. If i went with an arts build he would've atleast 100 more ATS

Funny that we both used the Heal Quartz for his one water slot.

I have heal on almost everyone haha. Tear line spells 2gud.

Do you want to turn him into an evasion tank later

Nah, difficulty mod nerfed evasion to the ground

do you not care enough to go for a specific "build"?

I will go full physical with him thanks to his buff. Most of the arts on him now are remnants of former balanced build, or because R/SR quartz give stats i need

Gladiator belt = buff up 24/7

Edited by Shrimperor

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Actually, that's quite a physical build you are seeing, to make use of his perma 50% STR/SPD buff. If i went with an arts build he would've atleast 100 more ATS

I see, I see.
Where does the perma-buff come from, though? I don't remember his Sirius MQ giving him anything like that. It's the secondary one, isn't it?
He has a self-buff Craft, but I think that kills him after three turns.

I have heal on almost everyone haha. Tear line spells 2gud.

Definitely, especially early on, when things are still weak. Thelas is very useful early on, too, I found.

Nah, difficulty mod nerfed evasion to the ground

Even if you got it to over 100%? Wow.

I will go full physical with him thanks to his buff. Most of the arts on him now are remnants of former balanced build, or because R/SR quartz give stats i need

Makes sense to me. Sometimes, the R and SR Quartz give better boosts than the regular stat-boosting ones.
My peeps also had Quartz just because they gave stat boosts that I needed, and the Arts they gave went completely unused unless a Zero Arts bonus popped up on their turn, in which case I'd use it because why the heck not?

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

He has a self-buff Craft, but I think that kills him after three turns.

It stuns him for a turn yes, however if you keep refreshing, it will never run out 😉

You just need enough CP, which gladiator belt provides

Just now, Shrimperor said:

It stuns him for a turn yes, however if you keep refreshing, it will never run out 😉

Why didn't I think of that?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

You just need enough CP, which gladiator belt provides

Gladiator Belt is OP on nearly everybody, especially on Emma.
As weird as that may sound, but Emma's S-Craft in CS3 puts up what I like to call an "Ultimate Shield", one that nullifies all damage done to your party AND then reflects that attack back at the user. It only works for one attack per person, though, but it's great against S-Craft-spam happy bosses and those who like to utilize a lot of AOE damage.
Being able to spam that is awesome, because this allows you to go through bosses without taking any damage whatsoever. It negates ailments, too, which is nice.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Why didn't I think of that?

Hehe

It's an old trick. Lloyd's burning heart works the same way

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

As weird as that may sound, but Emma's S-Craft in CS3 puts up what I like to call an "Ultimate Shield", one that nullifies all damage done to your party AND then reflects that attack back at the user. It only works for one attack per person, though, but it's great against S-Craft-spam happy bosses and those who like to utilize a lot of AOE damage.
Being able to spam that is awesome, because this allows you to go through bosses without taking any damage whatsoever. It negates ailments, too, which is nice.

Yeah. I prefer Altina's order though

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

It's an old trick. Lloyd's burning heart works the same way

Neat!
I'll definitely keep this in mind if I ever get to that or CS4 (the latter of which is doubtful upon further reflection, but we'll see).

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah. I prefer Altina's order though

True enough. It's easier to set up, for sure.
Truthfully, I didn't do what I suggested there, either. Emma is better as an Arts spammer, anyway.
Albion Wolf for days! Though Altina can do that, too. Arguably better, since she's around more.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Emma is better as an Arts spammer, anyway.

That, and Difficulty mod nerfed Emma. No more double reflect at 200 CP lol

It also nerfed Altina's order, but it's still better haha

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Ouch.

yeah, it's one of the changes i am not happy with tbh. Most i am fine with, but some changes make go 🤔

still, much better than zzz Vanilla gameplay xD

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah, it's one of the changes i am not happy with tbh. Most i am fine with, but some changes make go 🤔

One does not simply nerf the glasses-waifu.

They most likely did it because you probably could really, really cheese bosses and even normal battles with her S-Craft at full power if you got the team composition and MQ setup just right.

Edited by DragonFlames