The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

It's not that I don't WANT to try it. It's that I CAN'T, because my PC wasn't made for playing games on it. It struggles with a DS emulator, the PSP emulator just didn't work whatsoever, and thus I probably have a good reason to doubt a PS2 emulator would work on it.
Not to mention that the actual PS2 we used to have (it belonged to my father, not me) broke a long, looooong time ago.

Why can I never read properly?!

Yeh, PS2 would likely be a bit of struggle for your computer; it didn't slow mine down as much as a Wii emulator did, but I'm pretty sure that it would be rather slow.

Not to mention that PS2 emulating is complicated.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hmm

will probably play around with both a bit (like 1 dungeon with that then one dungeon with the other) then decide

FYI, you have separate options for the area music and the battle music. So there's that to keep in mind as well.

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

For me, it depends on whether or not I like the characters. If the story just happens to be mediocre or bad, I can still enjoy the game if the characters are likeable enough (CS3 is an example). When the characters aren't likeable to me, that's practically a death sentence. And that was exactly the case in Fates for me. I could excuse the absolute travesty that is the story, because I will say that the game is at least enjoyable to play (outside of lategame Conquest), but the atrocious characters, especially the ones that are the main focus of the game, just kill the entire thing for me.

Oh yes, the characters are a bigger factor in making or breaking the game.

Luckily for me, I don't think I've played a game where I hated every character. Even Fates has a decent amount of characters I like.

Seriously I hate emulating.

That's why I purchased a PSP to play both Crossbell games.

I use SNES and GBA emulator only for Fire Emblem, though latter has been deinstalled for a couple of years already.

Otherwise I feel better playing games on my consoles.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Why can I never read properly?!

It's fine!

Just now, Armagon said:

Oh yes, the characters are a bigger factor in making or breaking the game.

Luckily for me, I don't think I've played a game where I hated every character.

That is indeed lucky.
So far, I've had two games where the characters were so bad, they just made me quit playing the game altogether. In one of those two cases, one character sufficed.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Even Fates has a decent amount of characters I like.

Believe it or not, but I have those, too.
It's just that they are 1) overshadowed by what I think to be absolute garbage, and 2) absolutely in the minority.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

<--is trying to run a PS3 emulator

and failing, since PS3 emulators require literal monsters

That is interesting to me, since PC games require higher-end specs than PS3 games do. Though I guess the emulator itself is a different story, huh?

On that note, I'm sad my PS3 isn't working properly anymore. I would have loved to revisit Tales of Xillia.

2 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Seriously I hate emulating.

That's why I purchased a PSP to play both Crossbell games.

I use SNES and GBA emulator only for Fire Emblem, though latter has been deinstalled for a couple of years already.

Otherwise I feel better playing games on my consoles.

If the emulator works properly, it's fine.
If it doesn't... oof.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

That is interesting to me, since PC games require higher-end specs than PS3 games do. Though I guess the emulator itself is a different story, huh?

On that note, I'm sad my PS3 isn't working properly anymore. I would have loved to revisit Tales of Xillia.

PS3 games themselves, when properly ported, don't require a strong pc. A Weak pc can run them fine (Cold Steel games being an example). However most companied don't know how to port xD

And Emulating is a completely different matter.

Will probably be a decade before i can play Tears to Tiara lol

I haven't tried the big ones like Dolphin because I know they wouldn't run anyways.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That sucks!

However I also have to say it's not too expensive anymore nowadays.

I think you could get a used one for 100 €.

A Weak pc can run them fine (Cold Steel games being an example). However most companied don't know how to port xD

I was shocked when mine can run Tokyo Xanadu (which uses the same engine as Cold Steel) and Berseria.

Though at cost of my battery, after one hour I can reload my laptop.

Edited by Falcom Knight

This reminds me when I tried trying out my Ace Combat PS2 discs on my laptop.

Would run slow at times, run quite fine at others... then it couldn't decide which graphic settings it wanted to have if I wanted to see things properly.

At least I have a backup once my PS2 finally kicks it.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

<--is trying to run a PS3 emulator

and failing, since PS3 emulators require literal monsters

Honestly, any seventh Gen console and onwards (that isn't the Wii) is just not worth it to emulate. Not right now anyway.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

PS3 games themselves, when properly ported, don't require a strong pc. A Weak pc can run them fine (Cold Steel games being an example). However most companied don't know how to port xD

PC port of Tales of Symphonia.
Switch port of Atelier Lydie & Suelle.
Those are the first that come to mind here, though I haven't played these myself.

And Emulating is a completely different matter.

Thought so.

Will probably be a decade before i can play Tears to Tiara lol

That one is already on PC, though. It's just the sequels that aren't.

5 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

That sucks!

However I also have to say it's not too expensive anymore nowadays.

I think you could get a used one for 100 €.

That is good news, but I have had terrible experience with used consoles before (I got a used N64 way back when, when the one I had went the way of every living thing. The used one lasted maybe a week).

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Aye. I really, really dislike FE4. I was really hesitant to try another one of his games, but Berwick Saga was actually enjoyable!

DB7BB20F-6426-4A9B-87F0-8DA85251A7A1.jpeg

Just now, Wraith said:

DB7BB20F-6426-4A9B-87F0-8DA85251A7A1.jpeg

The story's fine, but the gameplay...I finished the prologue as fast as possible, thought that it would get better, took one look at the second map and gave up.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That one is already on PC, though. It's just the sequels that aren't.

Yeah, i meant Tears to Tiara 2.

looks like something i would play

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I thought that was Rean on the thumbnail for a sec.

Black haired sword protag

checks out

6 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

The main heroine looks a bit like a guy.

LOL