• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

current absolute status of Shrimps in TX atm

20190822121649_1.jpg

Finally a challenging Boss.

The game jebaited me

first it gave me the easiest Boss in the game

Then right after it a dungeon & Boss out of Ys

The hardest Boss so far. It's like one of the harder Ys Bosses.

30 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

I found for like 5 € at GameStop and I had zero preknowledge of this series aside of several characters. 

Ah i see.

The games go on sale on steam pretty often, if you are interested. Like you can get one for like 3€.

The Series is pretty tough tho, and the 2nd Boss in R;B1 is infamous for it's difficulty (that's why i thought you were talking about it xD)

Edited by Shrimperor

Also unlike in Fates I really feel bad for fighting the other armies mainly because these characters have that much a personality that they have grown up to me. Their death scream stuns me and honestly I skip their death quote because I do not like to see them dead.

In general this game becomes really dark the nearer it goes to the end.

11 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

Lysi's A support with Byleth is incredibly sad. 

Hide contents

She will die soon due to the blood experiments done to her. 

Same goes for her support with Lorenz which also shows him from a different side. 

Are you going to S support her?

4 hours ago, Hekselka said:

At least you like planeptune characters. Those are the best!

Indeed. Add Plutia and Uzume (especially Uzume) to that list.

1 hour ago, Lysithea said:

More of Queen Lys:

Reveal hidden contents

apKFgTW.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

ciFVLoV.jpg

Chapter 19 is next.

Ah, yes. That map you posted screenshots of is my favorite in the game. It's incredibly tough, making you think about your strategies, the music and atmosphere are perfect and the cutscene preceding it is amazing.

Should have been the final chapter of each route, tbh.

I have to admit the first time I played this map was way harder because of the strong and fast pegasus knights. Ingrid was no danger anymore in her second battle. I like these clashes because, as I already said, I am feeling sorry for all the dead Houses's units. 

Apparently I can only get a good ending for Lys with a male avatar, but I will see it all the way since I definitely want to recruit her in the other two routes. 

Edited by Lysithea

@DragonFlames

DON’T FORGET MY FAV HISTOIRE!

9 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

I have to admit the first time I played this map was way harder because of the strong and fast pegasus knights. Ingrid was no danger anymore in her second battle. I like these clashes because, as I already said, I am feeling sorry for all the dead Houses's units. 

Apparently I can only get a good ending for Lys with a male avatar, but I will see it all the way since I definitely want to recruit her in the other two routes. 

Oh right I forgot you were FByleth. I’m so used to playing MByleth myself that I just forgot for a sec.

No you can get a good ending for her with other units. But only with specific units.

Edited by Hekselka

8 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

@DragonFlames

DON’T FORGET MY FAV HISTOIRE!

Right, of course! It took me 3 minutes to remember. XD
But yes, Histy's great, too.
Really the only characters I actively dislike in these games are Warechu and Underling. And that only because they were so overused to the point where it got really, really annoying. On the playable side, there's RED (her waifey-stuff is really annoying, too. Million Arthur did it better) and IF (she sometimes takes the snark too far, to the point where it really isn't funny anymore - her character is fine otherwise). And on the NPC side, there's Kei (mostly because I don't really care for her whole "I am a serious business guy" thing).
Everybody else is fine to absolutely great in my book.

Edited by DragonFlames

22 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

I see. 

Hopefully I will have a specific unit in my team since I was not able to recruit anyone from the other Houses

Golden Deer route right? 

If you really want to know which characters you need to pair her with 

Spoiler

Claude and (if you recruited him) Hanneman.

The other three are MByleth and 2 characters from another house.

Edited by Hekselka

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

K-sha?

Oh yeah, that was a thing, wasn't it?
Honestly, I completely forgot she existed. Gold Third has three members, as far as I'm concerned: S-Sha, B-Sha, and C-Sha.
But yes, you can add K-Sha to my list of characters I don't like, too.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Plot Twist: that thing was one of my guys

You almost got me with that one. Almost.

5 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

Four chapters before the end.......... I just noticed how to swap skills and that Byleth was able to steal the entire time.😵

Took me until my second playthrough to figure that one out. XD
UI in this game is one thing I wish they made a little more... accessible, so to speak. So much important stuff is hidden away in the menus. Like, why put skills, combat arts AND class change into the inventory section?

The menu is complicated because big, but is more that I never really cared much about. 

Aside of steal and breaker skills most of these skills did not really matter much for my run. 

However I could buff Lys's magic (capped btw) and attack range. It is not that she was too powerful before. 

And I totally forgot the comment box in the cathedral. 

Edited by Lysithea

3 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

However I could buff Lys's magic (capped btw) and attack range. It is not that she was too powerful before.

Thyrsus + Dark Magic Range +1 = Goodbye difficulty
Capped Magic? Well, someone is not going to have much trouble going forward...

4 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

Aside of steal and breaker skills most of these skills did not really matter much for my run.

That's down to most skills (outside of some mastery skill you'll never get unless you grind for them or promote extremely late - not that it matters) being pretty useless in general. In my opinion at least. Really the only ones I'd consider somewhat worth going for are the -faire skills (those usually come with their associated classes, anyway), Death/Fiendish/Darting Blow and Hit+20%. Everything else is kinda... eh.

If Lys can oneshot swordmasters with nosferatu, she can definitely solo now. 🙂

I never used rallies aside of movement.

As for Three Houses I mainly give breaker skills and player phase skills like darting blow, death blow, etc. to my units because I want to beat these chapters quickly. Also having all melee breaker skills (Sylvain and Leonie have them) is really nice.