The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

1 minute ago, Lysithea said:

I like dark synth beats, but FE is the wrong place for them imo. 

Yup, which is why it took me multiple repeats of the theme till I managed to play through the map without laughing my ass off.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Done with Golden Deers!

Final boss

Spoiler

...was easier than I thought. I expected him to have 4-5 HP gauges and +300 HP, but he only had some evasion that is it! And apparently he starts to move after attacking. Not special at all. 

Final map way not exciting either, especially since some enemies are stationary for some reason. The swamp was no issue at all. Byleth got 75% of the kills. Yeah, yeah, no Lys-solo. Technically she was even not needed. If I was a monster as I was to Marianne, I really could let her be dead.

4 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

Done with Golden Deers!

Final boss

Hide contents

...was easier than I thought. I expected him to have 4-5 HP gauges and +300 HP, but he only had some evasion that is it! And apparently he starts to move after attacking. Not special at all. 

Final map way not exciting either, especially since some enemies are stationary for some reason. The swamp was no issue at all. Byleth got 75% of the kills. Yeah, yeah, no Lys-solo. Technically she was even not needed. If I was a monster as I was to Marianne, I really could let her be dead.

I found that the map a lot more difficult on hard. The boss has HUGE stats on that one. Definitely hardest map.

The Chapter 21 music was grating, I agree. If there is any kind of music I dislike (next to rap and hip hop), it's dubstep. Just... ugh. Not my thing. The map itself was pretty cool, though.

@Lysithea Congrats on finishing Golden Deer! Which one will you pick next?

---

As for my endeavors in Super Neptunia RPG (in case anybody cares), are any of you familiar with Blanc? Represents Nintendo, is a bookworm, normally shy and soft-spoken (in Japanese, anyway), but snaps easily and swears like a sailor when she does? There was a scene with her, where she thought about "strategy" and "an upcoming battle" (which turned out to be a comic convention, of all things) and had a "mind council" with herself. Now, you could be excused for assuming Blanc has a split personality due to her... uh, frequent lapses, but it turns out there is not two different Blancs in her mind, but FOUR. And they all have the same personality (though Blanc D seems to be the most reasonable one, apparently). If Neptunia guarantees one thing, it's a good laugh.
Picture here:

latest?cb=20181221065506

22 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

I found that the map a lot more difficult on hard. The boss has HUGE stats on that one. Definitely hardest map.

Someone already told that he can oneshot almost everyone.

In normal a few units like Hilda or Claude could take two hits by him. Btw the dealt damage was perfect to give the final blow to Byleth. 

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The Chapter 21 music was grating, I agree. If there is any kind of music I dislike (next to rap and hip hop), it's dubstep. Just... ugh. Not my thing. The map itself was pretty cool, though.

@Lysithea Congrats on finishing Golden Deer! Which one will you pick next?

latest?cb=20181221065506

I think Black Eagles because I want to play as a male avatar next.

(gender of avatar is opposite to house leader's) 

Edited by Lysithea

1 minute ago, Lysithea said:

In normal a few units like Hilda or Claude could take two hits by him. Btw the dealt damage was perfect to give the final blow to Byleth.

I killed him with Byleth alone, while Marianne healed him with Physic every turn. Took a bit, but it was worth the trouble.

2 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

I think Black Eagles because I want to play as a male avatar next.

(gender of avatar is opposite to house leader's) 

Good luck with Wei the Black Eagles! They're super fun to play around with.
Petra ended up with 50 speed in my last run.

7 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

Someone already told that he can oneshot almost everyone.

On hard I could only damage the boss with Lys, Claude and Byleth. However Lys got killed after an attack and Byleth could only do damage with his special combat art. Claude was pretty much the star there.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pft, comparing Black Eagles to Wei...

I mean, Edelgard is literally Cao Cao (his Dynasty Warriors depiction, anyway). Sure, the color doesn't match if we go by Dynasty Warriors colors (where Wei is blue), but otherwise, I feel like the comparison isn't THAT far-fetched.

Also, the Church route, which splits off from Black Eagles, sees Byleth create a fourth faction in the war. Jin started out similarly, with the Sima family usurping power from the Cao family, creating Jin on the basis of Wei and in the process unifying China, the same thing Byleth does by the end: killing Edelgard and unifying Fodlan.

I was planning to make a topic about this for discussion purposes, but I thought to myself "Nah, people won't be interested in that", so I didn't.

Edited by DragonFlames
added info for clarity

5 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

Lys would have been oneshotted in normal too (+50 damage). 

She did the most damage of all with one hit (70), but her hitrate was only 60%.

My hit rate was also around that, I think 64% but my damage was definitely lower than that.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I mean, Edelgard is literally Cao Cao. Sure, the color doesn't match if we go by Dynasty Warriors colors (where Wei is blue), but otherwise, I feel like the comparison isn't THAT far-fetched.

Reveal hidden contents

Also, the Church route, which splits off from Black Eagles, sees Byleth create a fourth faction in the war. Jin started out similarly, with the Sima family usurping power from the Cao family, creating Jin on the basis of Wei and in the process unifying China, the same thing Byleth does by the end: killing Edelgard and unifying Fodlan.

I was planning to make a topic about this for discussion purposes, but I thought to myself "Nah, people won't be interested in that", so I didn't.

Not that its far-fetched. Just the idea of starting to compare Fodlan with Sanguo Era China. Likely wouldn't hear the end of it.

5 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

I just hope I will be able to recruit Lys... 

I am already a bit scared of failing. 

Failing and being forced to fight and kill her is the last thing I want to see happen. 

Marianne is also a big want since she died in my GD run. 

If you have enough renown, you can carry over your support level with the two from your previous run. An A-support means they'll join without any hassle when you try to recruit them. I think it was 400 renown points per support level, so for an A-support, that's 1,200 points. If you have that, you can recruit her as early as Chapter 2.
I think that's how it works, anyway.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not that its far-fetched. Just the idea of starting to compare Fodlan with Sanguo Era China. Likely wouldn't hear the end of it.

Been doing that since the game was announced and the parallels just kept on piling up while playing it.
Admittedly, it's also fueled by the fact that Koei Tecmo is involved with the game's writing.

Edited by DragonFlames

9 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

Huh, so somethimg like grades (earned points from a completed file for a new game+ run) do exist?

It is great to know, thanks! 

Yeah, if you've got the renown points you can buy some stuff like professor levels, class skills, support levels and stuff like that. I always buy out my professor level first and some support levels.

Oh, and over the course of three runs I've also used my renown to max out the four statues.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

FE16 was suppossed to be the chosen one! unite the fanbase!
And not create Edel wars right after uniting elitists and newbies

Well, what do you expect when the game itself is about paths and choices.

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

FE16 was suppossed to be the chosen one! unite the fanbase!
And not create Edel wars right after uniting elitists and newbies

You were my brother Dimitri! I loved you!

Edited by Hekselka

Chapter 26 TRS might be one of the better desert chapters in all of FE. You don't actually have to go into the desert terrain itself, barring recruiting two characters and finding hidden treasure. You can otherwise just ram through gates and archers on a mobile green rim and get to the seize point that way. I haven't played it yet, it just looks this way from previewing the map.

Oh man, this brings me back:

I think I played the PSX port of this back when I was a kid. Though I think I only did like 2-3 levels. I hardly remember.