The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Oh X had it too? Don't know why they took it out for the Alrest games then.

latest?cb=20150313174437

Look where Cross's belt is. Thats the indicator, which quickly changes its reading of course as you move around. Not the exact same as XCDE's approach, it won't remind you which Arts are positionals and when they get their bonus (not that you need to, just select the Art and read its description) but it gets the job done.

If FRONT/MIDDLE sounds weird (and the wording is less blocky outside of Japan), the "MIDDLE" refers to elevation, as in Above, Below, or Middle- meaning at roughly the same elevation as the enemy. Being Above or Below offers slight boosts to your attacks, as does being Behind them. Elevation only exists I'd say because XCX enemies can be more frequently bigger in size than XC1/2 for Below, and Skell flight enables approaching from Above.

I hope they keep the enemy aggro indicators back from here on out. One should always assume anyway that enemies will assail you if you get too close. Adding hidden enemies or things like Zigs (massive vision range, makes sense b/c they're radars with laser projectiles to hurt you) are arguably better if you want surprises. Not the player necessarily should be subject to the unpredictable, even if death is fairly harmless and quick in XC.

And looking for a good image which I found in the above, I didn't know the Black Knight had Skell artwork.:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160105161348

If the Black Knight is the Lone Hero, it appears the Ghost threw away the Ares or overhauled it more than I would've been expecting. This doesn't look like what I'd think an Ares that got moderately corrupted in form via alien augmentation would look like.

Not very black for a "Black Knight"; the long leg blades could make for some pretty slice and dice cutscene choreography, and an AoE sideswipe attack. The katana on the backside could be hint it's the Lone Hero, XC2 all but confirmed the LH is Japanese.

...And My Wavitect, Eryth aurora, which I had long forgotten if I had noticed it before, is prismatic perfection here enraptured in a symphony of color with the shooting stars and the rest. Satorl is breathtaking too, but that goes without saying.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

Nintendo was promoting the shit out of Arms in the early days of the Switch. IIRC they even had free betas for it before the proper release.

I noticed some icons from this game can be used as avatar for Switch profile.

Though this is where my knowledge stops.

Can't say I'm interested in any way in this game.

Too bad it wasn't popular enough to make the sequel: Legs

So, started Chapter 5. Don't know if I mentioned before; but I named the hero (chose the male one, as it were) with his default name: Solo. Been doing that so far. Although outside Arus/Arusu in III, the other two only have semi-official names, from the supplemental material, which means they have like more than one. I went with their names from the CD Dramas, so I's Hero was Alef, while II's trio were Arel, Conan, and Nana.

Anyway... man, Chapter 5 has a very downer beginning. I was like, half-tempted to not sell that Feathered Cap. Anyway, made it through Casabranca and now it's back to Endor. I suppose that's the hub place now, huh. Curiously enough, I didn't got any single monster encounter on the way. Like, really, nada. I'm pretty sure there are monster encounters already, so what gives. Drat, they finally wised up. Hero can't get strong enough to beat final boss if there's no monsters to fight! rollsafe.gif

Well, stopping there for now. Maybe. Might continue a bit later. Who knows.

Finally weekend, and even better, finally done with homeoffice.

Employer made special exception for me to permit me to go to office again next week.

Finally be able to work for real again.

Homeoffice just sucks, if I don't have the technical ressources and access to programs I need.

17 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

... Yup. 100% getting this.

---

Speaking of getting things, I extensively played the Bravely Default II demo yesterday and holy f***, this game is going to be amazing!
If the actual game is anything like the demo, of course.

The only gripe I have is that normal battles are a little bit too difficult. Each of them feels like a boss fight, which is very annoying. But the demo actually says that it cranks up enemy strength, so I'm guessing it'll be a little bit easier in the full release. It'll probably have selectable difficulty levels, too.
Gameplay is largely the same as in the 3DS predecessor, only this time you don't get to pick a character's actions in battle until their actual turn comes up, which will make battles a little more difficult than before. Your party members also speak during battle, which was a thing I missed in the 3DS games. I'm glad it's here now.
The game looks absolutely stunning, the four main characters are all very likeable to me, and the music is by the same dude who made the soundtrack for the first Bravely Default game: Revo. A.k.a. the guy and his people who made this. And this. And also this.

Here are some screenshots for anyone who's interested.
2KSZY4m.jpg
On the overworld, with all four party members visible, which is a neat change from the 3DS games where only the party leader was visible.

1nLEOyW.jpg
Battle result screen with the four main characters Seth, Gloria, Adele, and Elvis (lol) in the jobs they start with. Job outfits look great in this game, I especially like the Monk (third from the left) one, which is good, because Monk was one of my least favorite Jobs in the other two games, aesthetics-wise. 
A few words on the characters:
Seth is a seafarer who got transported to this world by complete accident. I'm guessing the ins and outs of that accident will be part of the game's story.
Gloria is a princess of a fallen kingdom. She tries to reclaim the lost crystals of fire, water, wind, and earth.
Adele is a mercenary hired by Elvis to protect him. She has a bit of a sharp tongue, particularly when it comes to her employer.
Elvis is basically the comic relief character, 35 years old, yet pretends to be an old man, and he's constantly looking for a way to get wasted, even though he's broke. And most importantly: he's Canadian, eh?

---

I also continued in Xenoblade 2, finished up Chapter 7 and got started on Chapter 8. A few comments (in spoilers, of course) as well as what is probably a bit of a hot take:

• Someone on the writing staff played Etrian Odyssey. I am convinced of that. Modern day city in ruins that implies that this story takes place in our actual Earth's future underneath the World Tree (a.k.a. Yggdrasil) is basically the great big twist of the first Etrian Odyssey game.
  • Malos using the Monado? Holy crap! (Even someone who has never played Xenobalde 1 like me can kind of understand how this is a big deal. It's a good thing I played Smash 4)
  • Nia defeating Malos despite him using the Monado? Cat Girl Waifu > Aegis confirmed
  • Hot take #1: The Malos boss fight I alluded to above is proof to me that Nia should've been the female lead. Her conflict with Malos also felt a lot more personal, thus giving this battle a lot more emotional weight than the one immediately following, even though Pyra/Mythra and Malos are technically siblings and old nemeses. A fumble on the writers' part or on purpose? The world may never know.
  • Hot take #2: It would have been more interesting if Pyra/Mythra stayed dead. In that same vein, their resurrection was kind of BS, ngl.
  • Hot take #3 (maybe, I don't know): Rex' new outfit looks kinda dumb. His original one is worse, so I'm glad it changed, but it's still not what I would call fashionable (or rather, fashionaaaabluh).
  • Pyra/Mythra's true form looks like a slightly more modestly dressed version of Vert's Next Form, only with a sword instead of a lance and no Gate of Babylon-on-steroids-esque ultimate attack (boooo!)
  • I find it funny how Pyra/Mythra's and Malos' motivations are presented. Pyra/Mythra is like "I want to go to Elysium so I can ask daddy to kill me!", while Malos is like "I want to go to Elysium so I can kill daddy!" immediately after that. I have a weird sense of humor, I know.
  • I half-expected Jin to backstab Malos during the fight.
  • This game's cutscenes really make me feel like I'm watching an anime and to be honest? If this was an anime, I'd watch it.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Gonna post Xenoblade Definitive eye candy again

EUDZy5gXkAEB0HJ?format=jpg&name=large

EUDZ7KQWoAA2q3Y?format=jpg&name=large

EUDaAm8WkAA3L7y?format=jpg&name=large

EUDaJuxX0AAJilF?format=jpg&name=large

EUDaanmWsAQoElx?format=jpg&name=large

All were taken from the JP site

I love Eryth Sea here! That looks GORGEOUS!

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I also continued in Xenoblade 2, finished up Chapter 7 and got started on Chapter 8. A few comments (in spoilers, of course) as well as what is probably a bit of a hot take:

Reveal hidden contents

• Someone on the writing staff played Etrian Odyssey. I am convinced of that. Modern day city in ruins that implies that this story takes place in our actual Earth's future underneath the World Tree (a.k.a. Yggdrasil) is basically the great big twist of the first Etrian Odyssey game.
  • Malos using the Monado? Holy crap! (Even someone who has never played Xenobalde 1 like me can kind of understand how this is a big deal. It's a good thing I played Smash 4)
  • Nia defeating Malos despite him using the Monado? Cat Girl Waifu > Aegis confirmed
  • Hot take #1: The Malos boss fight I alluded to above is proof to me that Nia should've been the female lead. Her conflict with Malos also felt a lot more personal, thus giving this battle a lot more emotional weight than the one immediately following, even though Pyra/Mythra and Malos are technically siblings and old nemeses. A fumble on the writers' part or on purpose? The world may never know.
  • Hot take #2: It would have been more interesting if Pyra/Mythra stayed dead. In that same vein, their resurrection was kind of BS, ngl.
  • Hot take #3 (maybe, I don't know): Rex' new outfit looks kinda dumb. His original one is worse, so I'm glad it changed, but it's still not what I would call fashionable (or rather, fashionaaaabluh).
  • Pyra/Mythra's true form looks like a slightly more modestly dressed version of Vert's Next Form, only with a sword instead of a lance and no Gate of Babylon-on-steroids-esque ultimate attack (boooo!)
  • I find it funny how Pyra/Mythra's and Malos' motivations are presented. Pyra/Mythra is like "I want to go to Elysium so I can ask daddy to kill me!", while Malos is like "I want to go to Elysium so I can kill daddy!" immediately after that. I have a weird sense of humor, I know.
  • I half-expected Jin to backstab Malos during the fight.
  • This game's cutscenes really make me feel like I'm watching an anime and to be honest? If this was an anime, I'd watch it.

I take it your not a fan of Pyra/Mythra's character at this point?

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

latest?cb=20150313174437

Looking at this, I can say that "Power down" as a status makes much more sense than "fatigue".

Edited by lightcosmo

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Gameplay is largely the same as in the 3DS predecessor, only this time you don't get to pick a character's actions in battle until their actual turn comes up, which will make battles a little more difficult than before.

Interesting change, you can't plan thing out so much, and the Dart Spellcraft, Ninja's Shippujinrai attack, and other things with priority can no longer exist now.

I haven't played the demo yet, and although I semi-regret buying Octopath Traveler (full price at least), I will probably spring for BD2 whenever it comes out. I definitely preferred Bravely to OT, even if the latter tried to restrain hyperoffensive blitzes via the Break system.

Elvis is basically the comic relief character, 35 years old, yet pretends to be an old man, and he's constantly looking for a way to get wasted, even though he's broke. And most importantly: he's Canadian, eh?

Then why isn't he the White Mage? I didn't know Canadians knew how to be violent. But he does rock the Black Mage attire, give him a gun if Hawkeye returns and he'd be set as some quiet old master of the Wild West.

Some comments:

Spoiler
  • It took me until I got inside the World Tree to see the Etrian Odyssey comparison. At that point, oh, I saw it, and I liked it. Although I do see one narrative difference between the XC2 World Tree and Etrian's many Yggdrasils.
    • When things first fell into the Land of Morytha, I thought "NLA? This doesn't look like any part I ever saw of it". Land of Morytha was unpleasant in gameplay, I felt weak so I just kept running and avoiding every battle I could until everyone came back. Yet, once I returned things all back to normal on the team, I found it to be very awesome and tragic ruins.
  • Malos did say he was faking the loss to Nia, though the rapid cellular generation technique, if a one-off, was cool.
    • It is cancer on a greatly accelerated basis, since cancer is cell growth without any controls, by chaotically defying biological needs and limits, cancer becomes deadly anarchy. Given cell generation means creating microscopic units of life, giving basically the power of cancer to someone of superb healing abilities makes sense. Make life to kill life.
  • My preference is Mythra > Nia > Pyra, I guess. Mythra has a definitive lead over the other two. But, I had played Torna the Golden Country before the XC2 maingame, so she was first to bond to me. It also made her and Malos personal in my eyes.
    • Nia is fine, but I wasn't fond of her being in some ways Rex's side squeeze. Thus I was fine with her being friendzoned, since it meant Rex didn't so much have a harem of 3 (since MyPy are sorta two). Maybe it'd be even better if Nia had no romantic interest in Rex at all, but I won't cast a certain opinion on that hypothetical. 
  • Rex's Master Driver attire isn't entirely bad, but I do think it looks a bit generic spacey sci-fi warrior. It needs something to distinguish it a little more.
    • And what if I said I liked Salvager Rex more than Master Driver Rex? Seriously, I think I might. Compared to the other three Xenoblade main protags, it might be the worst design, but I still like it, it's unique. Not sure if it'd work on anyone else, yet somehow it ain't terrible to me on Rex. A bit billowy on the legs, which is the opposite problem of Elma where the legs and feet are a tad too narrow, but won't call it bad.
  • 2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Pyra/Mythra's true form looks like a slightly more modestly dressed version of Vert's Next Form, only with a sword instead of a lance and no Gate of Babylon-on-steroids-esque ultimate attack (boooo!)

No Ishtar Gate of which you speak doesn't sound like a loss when your defining power is the ability to visualize all theoretical possibilities and then actualize whichever you want. I don't think the limits of that power are ever fully explained (*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* that'll be a problem in any debating of it), but it sounds like it'd be very hard to top in a war of supreme superpowers.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I take it your not a fan of Pyra/Mythra's character at this point?

It's not that I'm not a fan of them. Just some aspects of that particular story segment didn't particularly click with me.
I will admit that there are characters that I prefer over the two, however. To specify: every playable character that isn't Rex.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Interesting change, you can't plan thing out so much, and the Dart Spellcraft, Ninja's Shippujinrai attack, and other things with priority can no longer exist now.

And slower characters/jobs are sitting ducks for a while, since you can't use Default right away to mitigate damage, which will probably mean that any job with high agility will be better than any job without in the full game. Depends on how they distribute abilities.

I haven't played the demo yet, and although I semi-regret buying Octopath Traveler (full price at least), I will probably spring for BD2 whenever it comes out. I definitely preferred Bravely to OT, even if the latter tried to restrain hyperoffensive blitzes via the Break system.

I haven't played Octopath Traveler at all, since what I saw of it didn't really appeal to me, so I can't exactly make any comparisons.

Then why isn't he the White Mage? I didn't know Canadians knew how to be violent. But he does rock the Black Mage attire, give him a gun if Hawkeye returns and he'd be set as some quiet old master of the Wild West.

He starts out as a Freelancer/Black Mage, so I put the Black Mage job up front and equipped White Mage as his secondary. I did the reverse with Gloria.
And yes, he definitely rocks the attire. If the full game releases, I'll make Black Mage his main job.
Oh, one more thing I've noticed and forgot to talk about: New spells cannot be bought in shops anymore. They are tied to their respective jobs' Job Level now and learned as it increases.

Some comments:

Reveal hidden contents
  • It took me until I got inside the World Tree to see the Etrian Odyssey comparison. At that point, oh, I saw it, and I liked it. Although I do see one narrative difference between the XC2 World Tree and Etrian's many Yggdrasils.
    • When things first fell into the Land of Morytha, I thought "NLA? This doesn't look like any part I ever saw of it". Land of Morytha was unpleasant in gameplay, I felt weak so I just kept running and avoiding every battle I could until everyone came back. Yet, once I returned things all back to normal on the team, I found it to be very awesome and tragic ruins.
  • Malos did say he was faking the loss to Nia, though the rapid cellular generation technique, if a one-off, was cool.
    • It is cancer on a greatly accelerated basis, since cancer is cell growth without any controls, by chaotically defying biological needs and limits, cancer becomes deadly anarchy. Given cell generation means creating microscopic units of life, giving basically the power of cancer to someone of superb healing abilities makes sense. Make life to kill life.
  • My preference is Mythra > Nia > Pyra, I guess. Mythra has a definitive lead over the other two. But, I had played Torna the Golden Country before the XC2 maingame, so she was first to bond to me. It also made her and Malos personal in my eyes.
    • Nia is fine, but I wasn't fond of her being in some ways Rex's side squeeze. Thus I was fine with her being friendzoned, since it meant Rex didn't so much have a harem of 3 (since MyPy are sorta two). Maybe it'd be even better if Nia had no romantic interest in Rex at all, but I won't cast a certain opinion on that hypothetical. 
  • Rex's Master Driver attire isn't entirely bad, but I do think it looks a bit generic spacey sci-fi warrior. It needs something to distinguish it a little more.
    • And what if I said I liked Salvager Rex more than Master Driver Rex? Seriously, I think I might. Compared to the other three Xenoblade main protags, it might be the worst design, but I still like it, it's unique. Not sure if it'd work on anyone else, yet somehow it ain't terrible to me on Rex. A bit billowy on the legs, which is the opposite problem of Elma where the legs and feet are a tad too narrow, but won't call it bad.
  • No Ishtar Gate of which you speak doesn't sound like a loss when your defining power is the ability to visualize all theoretical possibilities and then actualize whichever you want. I don't think the limits of that power are ever fully explained (*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* that'll be a problem in any debating of it), but it sounds like it'd be very hard to top in a war of supreme superpowers.

Some comments on the comments:

• I haven't gone too far into Morytha yet, so I can't say how it is gameplay wise. I just know that it's interesting that Jin is now in the party. I wonder if that will stick. I'm guessing no, since he has "guest character" written all over him.
  • I like the Etrian Odyssey thing, too, honestly. My original post may not make it seem that way, but I do.
    When that twist first came up in Etrian Odyssey Untold, I was legitimately floored.
  • I figured Malos would survive that, since he is too important to the plot to die right then and there.
  • I won't argue taste in aesthetics, because there's no point to that, I'll just say that I find his Master Driver outfit to be a tad bit overdesigned.
    The concept of the Master Driver, on the other hand, is great. That way, I can have Rex have any combination of Blades that I need in a given area, which allows for some good strategy (and perhaps some cheese). Also, I no longer need to go through a lot of menus to find out which Driver has which Blade with which Field Skill. I can make Rex a Field Skill bot, essentially, which is pretty nice, all things considered.
  • The "Rex' harem" thing I'm also not a fan of. In general, the whole "Rex is the best thing in the universe" this story has going on can be a bit grating, particulary when you're not too invested in the guy.
    But I'm not particularly invested in the Rex/Nia ship, either (because that would require me to be invested in Rex' character, which I'm still on the fence about, tbh), it's just that I see these two as having the best chemistry together out of everyone.
  • As for Nia herself, I liked her from the beginning because of her sharp tongue and general attitude. I also like the other side characters a whole lot. They really carry the game for me.
    And I'll be honest: any segment of the story that focused on them was more interesting to me than the ones that put the spotlight on Rex and Pyra/Mythra (you may now proceed to burn me at the stake)
  • I haven't played Torna, so I can't comment on how that one handles Mythra and Malos' history together. I can only go off of what I have seen of the characters, and I understand that experiences differ depending on if you have played Torna beforehand or not.
  • The "no Gate of Babylon" thing was more of a joke than anything else, really.
  • Arguing power levels of video game characters, particularly when said characters are from different franchises, is something I tend to avoid like the plague. Nothing good will ever come of that.
    I do believe in there being such a thing as a character being made too powerful, however, to the point where it shatters suspension of disbelief or tension. Or in a worst-case scenario: both. Not that Xenoblade 2 is guilty of this, I'm just speaking in general here.
31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

just so you know, the 2nd game has the first one, too, so get that instead.

Yup, I know this. And I love it!

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Look where Cross's belt is. Thats the indicator, which quickly changes its reading of course as you move around. Not the exact same as XCDE's approach, it won't remind you which Arts are positionals and when they get their bonus (not that you need to, just select the Art and read its description) but it gets the job done.

Ah, i see. The elevation indicators do make sense for X but i feel that the way X indicates position can kinda be lost in the midst of combat. The exclamation points of DE are definitly easier to read.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Satorl is breathtaking too, but that goes without saying.

They even made Satorl during the day look not terrible

EUDZ5pNX0AAeV6r?format=jpg&name=large

EUDZ8q2WoAEIh4F?format=jpg&name=large

Bless

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I also continued Xenoblade 2, finished Chapter 7 and got started on Ch.8. A few comments (in spoilers, of course) as well as what is probably a bit of a hot take.

Spoiler
  • When Malos pulled out the Monado, every person who played Xenoblade 1, including myself, collectively lost their shit (even though it's obviously not the Monado). Granted, Malos having a Monado isn't a spoiler anymore as it's literally in the description for Torna ~ The Golden Country and in key art of that game but yeah, nobody was expecting it.
  • I disagree, i do not think Pyra and Mythra staying dead would've made the game more interesting. Would've made it a lot worse considering that'd essentially mean killing off the second lead.
    •  On a more general note, i am of the opinion that if a character is playable, you should not permanetly kill them off or otherwise permanetly remove them from playable status. Because from a gameplay standpoint, that is a very bad idea. This is because the player can invest a lot of time into the character gameplay-wise. Take Aerith, the most iconic playable character that dies. Yeah, i know it happens because of the theme of life and death and all but from a gameplay standpoint, using Aerith when she's not mandatory is bad because she dies later and any hard work you invested in her is just gone. 
      •  There are exceptions to this though. It's fine if a character leaves permanetly if it happens very early on or very near the game's end. Also, if it's obvious the character is only a temporary join.
      • If the game has multiple story routes. The CPUs leaving you in the Conquest route of Rebirth 2 is fine because you chose that route. Edelgard leaving you in the Silver Snow route is fine because you chose that route (well, assuming you met the requirements). But if the game only has one story route, than removing playable characters forever when you can genuianly invest in them is a bad idea.
        •  Unless the game starts over with a blank slate. Like in FE4.

• About Rex's new outfit, i kinda agree? I mean, i like it because it feels in unity with Pneuma (btw, Pneuma has like, my favorite design in any video game and there isn't full official art of her, Saito whyyyyyyyyyy) but i agree it's not very fashionable (and neither was Rex's first design). At the same time though, i like that Rex's design isn't meant to invoke fashion. When your job is being deep sea salvager, you kinda don't have room to look good. It's a design that invokes effectiveness over fashion, which is not something you see a lot.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I love Eryth Sea here! That looks GORGEOUS!

It really does

It needs to hide the fact that actually navigating Eryth Sea is kind of a pain.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My preference is Mythra > Nia > Pyra, I guess. Mythra has a definitive lead over the other two. But, I had played Torna the Golden Country before the XC2 maingame, so she was first to bond to me. It also made her and Malos personal in my eyes.

Minus playing Torna first, that is definitly how i feel. Not to speak badly of Pyra or anything but i would've been fine with Mythra just being Mythra and there being no Pyra. I mean, that's how it is in Torna. But then again, Torna adds a lot more context to the duality between Pyra and Mythra and split-personalities has been a staple in the series since Xenogears anyway.

Some comments on the comments:

Spoiler

In general, the whole "Rex is the best thing in the universe" this story has going on can be a bit grating, particulary when you're not too invested in the guy.

But like, is it though? I never got the feeling that the game treats Rex as if he's the best thing that ever happened to it. He gets shown multiple times that just because he's got the Aegis doesn't mean he's the best person around. Hell, he even loses Pyra and Mythra at the end of Ch.6 because he didn't truly understand what it meant being a Driver. Even Addam, the legendary hero, is like "nah bro, you can't do everything, no one can".

If i may, i think the reason you might feel that the game treats Rex like he's the best thing ever, is probably because of how the other party members gravitate to him. Rex's optimism serves as a foil to the other party members' pessimism and that's why they are with him. There's more but i don't want to ramble too much. I don't even know if that's why you feel that the game treats Rex as if he's special, i'm just guessing.

Tl;dr, i do understand your gripes with Rex but "Rex is the best thing in the universe" is something i don't get.

Also completely unrelated but you quoted Shrimperor in the Xenoblade 2 spoilers so might wanna fix that.

Edited by Armagon

9 minutes ago, Reisalin Stout said:

Trails from Zero is quite buggy unfortunately.

In some battles I can't target the enemies.

Changing camera angle solves it particullary, not every time.

moving the mouse also works

On 3/26/2020 at 11:13 AM, DragonFlames said:

EDIT: It is true. Buying Mary Skelter 2 on the Switch also gets you the first game. Compile Heart, I love you.
Welp, I know what I'm getting next.

Yeah, I've got that one in my sights as well.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

EUDZ5pNX0AAeV6r?format=jpg&name=largeIt really does

It needs to hide the fact that actually navigating Eryth Sea is kind of a pain.

More pretty land! 

Also, with as beautiful as it is, I'm sure we can overlook that a bit, right?

Game even crashed short after Estelle and Joshua appeared.

The game starts to go on my nerves.

Have to redo the entire bossfight and cutscene.

I wouldn't complain that much, if it wasn't the case that my laptop's battery is eaten after 90 minutes.

I barely can make progress, and these such issues surely don't bring me further.

Edited by Reisalin Stout

Just now, Reisalin Stout said:

Game even crashed short after Estelle and Joshua appeared.

hmmm, i didn't have that many problems, i know however that they are working on a patch for people with memory leak issues

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Reveal hidden contents
  • When Malos pulled out the Monado, every person who played Xenoblade 1, including myself, collectively lost their shit (even though it's obviously not the Monado). Granted, Malos having a Monado isn't a spoiler anymore as it's literally in the description for Torna ~ The Golden Country and in key art of that game but yeah, nobody was expecting it.
  • I disagree, i do not think Pyra and Mythra staying dead would've made the game more interesting. Would've made it a lot worse considering that'd essentially mean killing off the second lead.
    •  On a more general note, i am of the opinion that if a character is playable, you should not permanetly kill them off or otherwise permanetly remove them from playable status. Because from a gameplay standpoint, that is a very bad idea. This is because the player can invest a lot of time into the character gameplay-wise. Take Aerith, the most iconic playable character that dies. Yeah, i know it happens because of the theme of life and death and all but from a gameplay standpoint, using Aerith when she's not mandatory is bad because she dies later and any hard work you invested in her is just gone. 
      •  There are exceptions to this though. It's fine if a character leaves permanetly if it happens very early on or very near the game's end. Also, if it's obvious the character is only a temporary join.
      • If the game has multiple story routes. The CPUs leaving you in the Conquest route of Rebirth 2 is fine because you chose that route. Edelgard leaving you in the Silver Snow route is fine because you chose that route (well, assuming you met the requirements). But if the game only has one story route, than removing playable characters forever when you can genuianly invest in them is a bad idea.
        •  Unless the game starts over with a blank slate. Like in FE4.

• About Rex's new outfit, i kinda agree? I mean, i like it because it feels in unity with Pneuma (btw, Pneuma has like, my favorite design in any video game and there isn't full official art of her, Saito whyyyyyyyyyy) but i agree it's not very fashionable (and neither was Rex's first design). At the same time though, i like that Rex's design isn't meant to invoke fashion. When your job is being deep sea salvager, you kinda don't have room to look good. It's a design that invokes effectiveness over fashion, which is not something you see a lot.

• True, for the sake of the gameplay, Pyra/Mythra coming back makes sense, no arguments there. Though them staying dead would have made stuff more interesting because they're the second lead. But I also knew it wasn't going to stick, anyhow.
    As I said, feel free to burn me at the stake.
  • On Malos' Monado thing: I can imagine how much of a big deal that must've been. As I said, even I was genuinely taken aback by it.
52 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

But like, is it though? I never got the feeling that the game treats Rex as if he's the best thing that ever happened to it. He gets shown multiple times that just because he's got the Aegis doesn't mean he's the best person around. Hell, he even loses Pyra and Mythra at the end of Ch.6 because he didn't truly understand what it meant being a Driver. Even Addam, the legendary hero, is like "nah bro, you can't do everything, no one can".

If i may, i think the reason you might feel that the game treats Rex like he's the best thing ever, is probably because of how the other party members gravitate to him. Rex's optimism serves as a foil to the other party members' pessimism and that's why they are with him. There's more but i don't want to ramble too much. I don't even know if that's why you feel that the game treats Rex as if he's special, i'm just guessing.

Tl;dr, i do understand your gripes with Rex but "Rex is the best thing in the universe" is something i don't get.

It's just a feeling I'm getting sometimes. Maybe I'm a little too critical, since I'm not entirely fond of the guy in the first place.

That does tend to happen with me. When something doesn't click with me, my mind usually gravitates to finding the worst points about that thing, even when it's not necessarily true or highly exaggerated. It's something of a bad habit, admittedly.

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also completely unrelated but you quoted Shrimperor in the Xenoblade 2 spoilers so might wanna fix that.

That I can't do anything about, since for some mystifying reason, I can't edit that post anymore and the quote was outside of the spoilers when I typed it.
Serenes messed that one up. It happens.

24 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Yeah, I've got that one in my sights as well.

Nice!

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That I can't do anything about, since for some mystifying reason, I can't edit that post anymore and the quote was outside of the spoilers when I typed it.

Serenes at it again. Happens way too often. Misquouting and Mis-spoilering.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Serenes at it again. Happens way too often. Misquouting and Mis-spoilering.

Yeah and honestly, this thread feels like the buggiest SF thread at times. I've had

• Uneditable posts (which i can edit after a few hours, also this happened in other threads)
  • Incorrect quotes (i quote someone but then somehow the quote changes to what a previous quote had, even if it's from a different person)
  • Clicking on "latest post" doesn't actually take me to the latest post on this thread. It takes me to the page before it unless the latest page has enough posts, then it takes me to the latest post. Does that happen to anybody else? I need to know.

Oh that's right, i nearly forgot. @DragonFlames, now that you're in Ch.8, you can start working on getting Poppi's final form, Poppi QTpi.  If you've already seen the Heart-to-Heart about Poppi in Leftheria, the quest Powered-up Poppi will be avaliable in Tora's house (i think you have to be reuinited with the other party members first tho). It will have some Field Skill annoyance though, be warned.

Also

Spoiler

If you care enough, there are three sidequests in Indol. I bring this up because after a certain point in Ch.8, Indol won't be accessible forever and you won't be able to do those three specific sidequests. Don't worry about Indol's dev level, that gets transfered over to Leftheria.

If you don't care about the sidequests, it's fine, the ones in Indol don't matter. I'm just bringing this up as an FYI.