• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh my...

indeed xD

there are also some arguements going on in the fanbase looool

some i have seen in many other fanbases with a big rift

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Dunban's Peerless aura, I don't remember if that ever killed me, but it is a weaker Mad Taunt aggro effect with a damage buff for Dunban. My old strat starting a battle controlling the guy was Peerless + every attack I threw on him, followed by Serene Heart during the subsequent cooldown period.

For XCX, you had two Arts on foot (three, but one- Infuriate- was Cross exclusive and basically redundant with Decoy Round) that could inflict the Taunt debuff: Trash Talk on the Shield, Decoy Round on the Assault Rifle. 

Decoy Round was single target. Trash Talk was AoE- which might cause the AI to not use against a lone foe and to attract peaceful nearby unwanted company. The cooldown vs. duration of the debuff was 22.8 vs 14.0 for Trash Talk and 22.8 vs. 12 for Decoy Round at level 3. At level 5 it was 18.0 vs. 14.0 for Trash Talk and 18.0 vs. 18.0 for Decoy Round. Extend Taunt Augments are very easy to craft (not that I ever made on ingame) and very strong for boosting duration by 5-25 seconds.

That pair of Taunt-having Arts (and some more for Skells) are the only form of enemy aggro control in XCX, maybe. The game didn't explain aggro at all in the manual, and there is a total absence of aggro increasing or decreasing passive skills when I think about it. So while I first went into XCX thinking the XC1 aggro system still existed, I think it doesn't exist at all now, just Taunt, I've read a few people saying that. A questionable move for sure.

Peerless raises the entire parties strength, actually, which is broken on so many levels.

Yeah, i'm glad they brought aggro back in 2, not that X's system is bad, as I enjoyed it a lot. I can say I actually used Decoy Round setups for some Tyrants, that was fun stuff. Using the Purple Soul Voice to ignore debuff immunity and than watching them target a tank for a long time made those easy.

Edited by lightcosmo

I found a new ringtone:

Anyways when I read Xin and Calvard...

Spoiler

I thought instantly on Zin Varthek from the Sky triology. He was named Xin for some mistranslation. The similaraties are more than obvious. Though they are total different people against my expectations.

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

*reads through FF7R reactions*

weeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Haha........yeah.

Honestly, I'm not surprised. Mr. Kingdom Hearts was at the helm after all. Which is why I say "allowing Nomura to write and direct a game should be considered a criminal offense".

Hey, at least the gameplay looks dope.

35 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Don't jinx it.

Hey don't worry. Now that both Scramble and Royal are out, Atlus finally has no excuse to not talk about SMT 5.

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

indeed xD

there are also some arguements going on in the fanbase looool

some i have seen in many other fanbases with a big rift

The FF fanbase is already a very divided place that makes the FE fanbase look positively united.
It's a good thing I don't have any part in that, nor do I want to.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hey don't worry. Now that both Scramble and Royal are out, Atlus finally has no excuse to not talk about SMT 5.

I legit didn't know Scramble was out already, too.
Let's hope there will be some news on SMT 5 in the near future then!

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It is, just not outside of Japan.

That explains why I haven't seen anything about it yet.
I am legitimately interested in playing that game, actually. A Persona-themed Warriors game sounds like a fun idea.

Edited by DragonFlames

MMEfJCp.png

Enough EXP to share with Characters in the whole series lol

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The FF fanbase is already a very divided place that makes the FE fanbase look positively united.

tbf the FE fanbase is pretty united atm. FE16 did well to unify old and new.

Pls Falcom do the same thanks.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, I'm not surprised. Mr. Kingdom Hearts was at the helm after all. Which is why I say "allowing Nomura to write and direct a game should be considered a criminal offense".

That Nomura guy sounds like something for sure xD

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

But yeah, I think the only "non-anime" games I have on my Switch are Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Celeste and Stardew Valley.

Not sure where Smash falls into this tbh.

I guess this means with your mention of action platformers before that you haven't played Shovel Knight? I recommend if you haven't played it before. You can rather frequently find it on sale.

No super invincible guide exists if you get stumped beyond all effort, but frequent checkpoints exist (and other than King of Cards, levels are few but long), and the only cost of death is money, which you can reclaim if you get back to where you last died. Treasure Trove edition gives you four different modes to play through too. I'm no platforming genius and I got through it just fine with some tight thrill, if far short of meeting the elite achievements.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Don't jinx it!

Don't worry, SMTV is only to be delayed for 13 months because COVID forces them for reasons of sensitivity to rename the Sick ailment and all associated skills, especially Pandemic Bomb. Sorry Mad Gasser! You're now using Happy Bomb 🌈 to inflict the Happy status, happiness is contagious and takes you out of a battle-focused mindset, lowering your stats.

55 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

How much of an otaku who lives in their basement and whose failure to interact with real girls is directly contributing to the birthrate decline and aging and die off your nation's population and with its potential on the world stage are you? Anime girls is a yellow warning light, anime cat girls is a 5 alarm red.

33 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That explains why I haven't seen anything about it yet.
I am legitimately interested in playing that game, actually. A Persona-themed Warriors game sounds like a fun idea.

I think it sold kinda poorly in Japan (~190k copies), maybe b/c it's a Musou. And, it might be the case that Atlus isn't going to bring it out of the land of the Amatsukami and Kunitsukami.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

53 minutes ago, Reisalin Stout said:

Reveal hidden contents

I thought instantly on Zin Varthek from the Sky triology. He was named Xin for some mistranslation. The similaraties are more than obvious. Though they are total different people against my expectations.

Spoiler

Xin is Rixia!? WTF!?!?!?!?

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

whose failure to interact with real girls

engineering student

15 minutes ago, Reisalin Stout said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Xin is Rixia!? WTF!?!?!?!?

that was revealed in CS2, too, though

42 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

guess this means with your mention of action platformers before that you haven't played Shovel Knight? I recommend if you haven't played it before. You can rather frequently find it on sale

No, I have, on 3DS. Great game. I played though the Plauge Knight campaign as well though I don't think I ever finished that one.

Only real negative thing I can say about Shovel Knight is that sometimes the retro visuals are to it's disadvantage.

It sucks playing Crossbell more about a year after Liberl's and Erebonia's parts (except Sky 3rd) because I already lost most some content of their story.

I already have missed some obvious connections due to that.

I really should start Cold Steel 3 immediately once I'm done with Crossbell.

Anyways I'm physically and mentally done for today after seven hours playing almost without interruption.

Though it was a good run after all.

Came to mid of chapter 3. 

Edited by Reisalin Stout

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

tbf the FE fanbase is pretty united atm. FE16 did well to unify old and new.

True.
Just don't start talking about Edelgard or Rhea. You might as well be walking on a mine field with a broken metal detector.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don't worry, SMTV is only to be delayed for 13 months because COVID forces them for reasons of sensitivity to rename the Sick ailment and all associated skills, especially Pandemic Bomb. Sorry Mad Gasser! You're now using Happy Bomb 🌈 to inflict the Happy status, happiness is contagious and takes you out of a battle-focused mindset, lowering your stats.

I would simultaneously love and hate if that happened.

Edited by DragonFlames

>playing Mario Maker
>actually having a good time
>goes online versus mode
>wins some, then unholy lag
>plays endless
>Kaizo Block

Time to Lulua

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You might as well be walking on a mine field with a broken metal detector.

That will explode before the mines xD

25 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Time to Lulua

That is a good decision.

25 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That will explode before the mines xD

Exploding metal detectors.
Oh my. XD

---

So... remember how I complained that it would take a long, long while to get back to the level you were at before having your characters undergo Blood Devolution?
Turns out it's faster than I expected. I went from level 32 to level 2 and back in a matter of two hours earlier. I suspect this will take longer the more levels you go down, but I am pleasantly surprised that it's not as hard to get back to where you were as I feared it would be.