The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

saw someone made an undub patch for Baten Kaitos EWatLO a few years ago. Wonderful.

Might actually look into that for when I jump back into the game. Baten Kaitos' English dub is very not good.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Armagon said:

Might actually look into that for when I jump back into the game. Baten Kaitos' English dub is very not good.

Is it at least "so bad it's good" levels of very not good or is it just godawful?

me yesterday when this started: dances and headbanging, headphones on max
Boss last 10%: time to end this man's whole enjoyment
I almost ended up hating the track thanks to the boss lol

Edited by Shrimperor

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Is it at least "so bad it's good" levels of very not good or is it just godawful?

It's not very good. It has the energy of high school students popcorn reading excepts of a textbook.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Here is a link to it I found, hopefully it works.

I saw Origins has an undub too, but I don't think it needs it. I'm certain a specific character got Yuri Lowenthal as their VA, and no, which is indicative of a major quality boost.

So, I've continued my campaigns against the Umayyad. Took Lisboa and Murcia from Holy Wars. Although now I'm in a kinda race with the Byzantine Empire. They took Tunis years ago, and now the guy put in charge there has been expanding westwards. I hope to take at least the rest of Iberia... and Tangiers. Gotta control the Pillars of Hercules, after all.

In the meantime, I had joined the Hermetics... and now the time had come to be making all the cool stuff. Already created Plate Armor, a Cipher Disc, and Glasses. There's six inventions in total you can create while with the Hermetics, and I hope to get them all before my character dies. Speaking of, the son did had more sons, so now all their Kingdom titles will be split once he dies. Unless he creates the Empire of Francia... but who knows if he will. Or, if my character dies first, I can change all those titles to Primogeniture. Although I don't actually intend to keep them all. I'll hand them over to the guy's second son, and set him free. I want to stay within Hispania's de jure borders... but I having my dynasty itself expand? Oh yes.

Though that's it for now.

---

Well, decided to play a bit further today. As it turns out, the Queen's son died; and with four sons, his five kingdom titles got spread out. Well, not the worst of border-gores. His firstborn was the one who got the extra one. Why did he had to make Burgundy his main title... now my new heir only has Burgundy and Austrasia. Makes his kingdom quite vertical, going from the Mediterranean coast to Frisia. Though he's the only adult and his brothers are still children. Perhaps it's only a matter of time before... accidents happen.

In any case, I decided to the prime chance I had in uniting the two bloodline carriers of my dynasty. Thing is, this means marrying the Queen's heir, the oldest grandson, with... her oldest niece. YEP. They're only thee-years apart, because the queen's sister (and her husband too, either or both) really took her time in getting pregnant. They're only half-sisters, and the marriage is between first cousins once removed. Chances aren't that high for the child to get the inbred trait. The formula is like percentage based depending on how many great-grandparents they share or don't share in common. Or was it with great-great-grandparents? It checks like the last 4 or 5 generations, in any case. Although, that niece is how the heir of the Petty Kingdom of Mercia, over there in Anglo-Saxon lands. Hmm, if I get inherited that too, I could put another dynasty member in the isle. Although the one who is likeliest to form England is Northumbria, not Mercia. Meanwhile Pictland is gobbling up the Irish tribes. Oh well!

Also, since I assigned their spawns as dynamic, both Seljuks and Mongols have arrived centuries ahead of schedule. Although, it seems Temujin died not soon after because the lands they were targeting... are no longer in war and still independent. Well, that's the RNG for ya.

Okay, really now stopping for the day.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Here is a link to it I found, hopefully it works.

Seems it's pre-patched, which helps. Thanks.

Continuing on in Cold Steel 3, i've reached Crossbell. Really cool to see this place in 3D, though i can tell the layout has been slightly changed in some parts. Less cool is that you don't get to explore the entire city. It seems you can only visit the harbor, Orchis Tower, East and West Street and Central Square. This leaves the Residential, Adminsitrive, and Entertainment Districts off-limits, as well as Back Street and Downtown. Bummer, though i do know the Entertainment District is visitable in Cold Steel 4.

The new Break system has indirectly buffed Tio's Absolute Zero Beam, because it instantly Breaks targets, for a measly 80 CP. What is it with Crossbell characters having busted Crafts? First Dudley and his 40 CP Deathblow Craft and now this. Awesome. 

Also, i'm starting to hate when bosses Enrage. I get the buffed stats but do they really have to heal as well? C'mon.

Edited by Armagon

Also, i'm starting to hate when bosses Enrage. I get the buffed stats but do they really have to heal as well? C'mon.

This is the typical design of a bad bossfight.

It just makes a battle unnecessarily and artificially long.

That's why I prefer to play the CS games on lowest difficulty because bosses don't do it there.

I'm also playing Zero on easy because I assume this could be a thing there, too.

Can't remember that bosses in Sky games buffed and healed theirselves simulteanously on higher difficulties.

Edited by Reisalin Stout

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Because (modern) Falcom has no idea how to balance bosses, so instead of nerfing overpowered stuff, they buff bosses instead and give them annoying stuff

2 hours ago, Reisalin Stout said:

Can't remember that bosses in Sky games buffed and healed theirselves simulteanously on higher difficulties.

they didn't, neither in zero. The only way they could heal is if they had minions casting healing Arts in them, which you could impede, or Jägers using Tear Balm, but that doesn't heal much

Ao had one annoying boss with guard + self heal craft, and final boss with his guard + reflect minions <.<

Edited by Shrimperor

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, that stuff is really annoying. Especially when they do it when they're almost dead.
Their turn speed seems to mysteriously increase when they use Enrage as well.

---

As for me, I had my main squad (Alice, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Kaguya, and Thumbelina) undergo Blood Devolution, because I wanted to redo their skill sets as I wasn't entirely satisfied with them. Now they're starting back at level 2, which means now I have to grind them for levels again. Yay!
Luckily, due to their advanced equipment, I can go to higher areas, so the first few levels should be really fast.

34 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Their turn speed seems to mysteriously increase when they use Enrage as well.

makes sense if it buffs stats, as turn speed depends on Speed + Action base delay

11 minutes ago, Reisalin Stout said:

I forogt to mention that I found each Jaeger fight in Sky FC bullshit too because they could give my team no single turn, if they used shadow strike (or what the name of their delay craft was) over and over.

Spread out party + confuse = win^^

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

makes sense if it buffs stats, as turn speed depends on Speed + Action base delay

True, I forgot about that.

36 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Unbenannt.PNG

That looks adorable.

---

Deciding what skills and classes I would like to have on each character is harder than I thought it would be.
Like, for example, do I want Sleeping Beauty to be in a class that has a chance of attacking twice with normal attacks or do I want one that has a passive skill that increases the Attack stat? Do I want Alice to have a skill that does "minor" damage to every enemy at a low cost of 16 SP a pop or one that does "regular" damage to every enemy at a costly 41 SP, when her class' passive ability basically doubles damage output? Decisions, decisions.

Screenshot_20200409-074836_1.png

Technically, Ghidorah is an invasive species but shhhh.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Because (modern) Falcom has no idea how to balance bosses, so instead of nerfing overpowered stuff, they buff bosses instead and give them annoying stuff

Yeah, I don't think I've ever had a lot of fun with Cold Steel bosses. They were already just too tanky so whenever they got healed, it was ugh. But now, every boss gets to heal and buff itself simultaneously.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, that stuff is really annoying. Especially when they do it when they're almost dead.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was just a one-and-done thing but they Enrage repeatedly. I guess it's because it wears off? But still, it's just very annoying.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

confuse = win^^

Sky FC in a nutshell.

God, I wish Confuse was still as busted as it was in the beginning.

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, I don't think I've ever had a lot of fun with Cold Steel bosses. They were already just too tanky so whenever they got healed, it was ugh. But now, every boss gets to heal and buff itself simultaneously.

Biggest problem with Cold Steel Boss design:

You either cheese & destroy them, or they will destroy you. Every S-craft, player & enemy alike, just destroys everything like that.

From FC to Ao, on higher difficulties, S-crafts weren't ''i win'' buttons, and the number of bosses who could destroy you like that can be counted on one hand, and the player usually had some way to counter those (Like Guard, or spreading around + Kloe, etc.). The only Boss where it's bs unfair is Ao's final  boss, where they introduced that bullshit All cancel concept with it's last attack, something the player never has access to.

Also, in older games offensive S-crafts where either Low power + Big Aoe/All, or High power + Small Aoe/Single Target. Like, Estelle, Richard and Anelace buffed could probably take like 20% of a Boss HP on Nightmare in Sky, but they were also the only ones who could do that, as they were the high power single target/Small Aoe S-crafts. You couldn't just jolo whole Screen with 4-Scrafts.

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sky FC in a nutshell.

God, I wish Confuse was still as busted as it was in the beginning.

They were fun, but damn were they broken. But fun xD
Then SC made it useless.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

That looks adorable.

https://i.imgur.com/ID788js.png

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, in older games offensive S-crafts where either Low power + Big Aoe/All, or High power + Small Aoe/Single Target. Like, Estelle, Richard and Anelace buffed could probably take like 20% of a Boss HP on Nightmare in Sky, but they were also the only ones who could do that, as they were the high power single target/Small Aoe S-crafts. You couldn't just jolo whole Screen with 4-Scrafts.

Yeah, i noticed this when i replayed the Sky trilogy a few months ago. I was surprised at how many small/single target S-Crafts there were, because from Zero and onwards, pretty much everyone had a big AoE S-Craft. Crossbell also had the Duo Crafts, which were basically just S-Crafts but now there are two of them. This is getting out of hand.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

They were fun, but damn were they broken. But fun xD
Then SC made it useless.

Along with pretty much every negative status effect. Falling blunder to the classic "bosses are immune to pretty much everything but raw damage" thing that plauges most of the genre.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Along with pretty much every negative status effect. Falling blunder to the classic "bosses are immune to pretty much everything but raw damage" thing that plauges most of the genre.

Yeah, i wasn't happy with that iirc. Even normal mobs resisted everything lol.

Honestly, i am fine with how Crossbell did it. Most Boss minions could get status'd but not Bosses themselves. I found that to be a good compromise.

And then CS added RNG to the mix, something i not sure if i like or not lol. Some stuff i am fine with being RNG based, but stuff like stat downs or AT-Delay should be either 0% or 100% imo, as those usually require the player to use costly Crafts/Arts.

This discussion reminds me of the write up on Trails gameplay i wrote on r/Falcom a few days ago lol

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Honestly, i am fine with how Crossbell did it. Most Boss minions could get status'd but not Bosses themselves. I found that to be a good compromise

Sometimes (not exclusive to Crossbell btw), you can inflict bosses with a negative status effect, but it's usually just there for one turn so it doesn't end up mattering in the long run. Still, if it's something like paralysis (I hate that they call it Seal), that one turn can actually be really good for you. But this usually tends to happen to more minor bosses. 

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And then CS added RNG to the mix, something i not sure if i like or not lol. Some stuff i am fine with being RNG based, but stuff like stat downs or AT-Delay should be either 0% or 100% imo, as those usually require the player to use costly Crafts/Arts.

I don't recall ever seeing stat downs be RNG but agreed on the AT-delays. Especially when an AT-delay would've saved you.

I don't even think you can see the chances for that on the info tabs either.

Just now, Armagon said:

I don't recall ever seeing stat downs be RNG but agreed on the AT-delays. Especially when an AT-delay would've saved you.

I don't even think you can see the chances for that on the info tabs either.

Status, AT-Delay and S-Down (for stat downs) are shown for every enemy in Cold steel info.

Usually every unit has a random chance for any of those to be inflicted.  I would've taken a pic if my game was still installed xD

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Status, AT-Delay and S-Down (for stat downs) are shown for every enemy in Cold steel info.

Usually every unit has a random chance for any of those to be inflicted.  I would've taken a pic if my game was still installed xD

Oh, you're right. Idk why I never saw it.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Why does the US version of the Xenoblade DE collectors edition get so much less than UK? That's not fair!

Traditionally, the US Special Editions tend to be better than the UK ones. Let's let them have this one.