Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Second phase? I don't remember that.

Yup. Insta party wipe if you let him use it. I had to cheese the boss with burst orbs and zeram capsules lol

54 minutes ago, Reisalin Stout said:

Idk if something similar like Kevin's s-craft exists in Crossbell.

There's Tio's Zero field (Max guard), Admantine Shield (Physical guard) and A-Reflect (Arts reflect)

but the boss nullifies all of them anyway. If that attack is charged, it's insta-game over.

So unlike Sky 3rd you can't just guard you way through.

Well, i finally finished, so here are some short thoughts on the Crossbell games:
Amazing games, story & pacing are top notch, characters are good, but i expected more of them. SSS interaction :OkHandTio~1: . Too much NPCs (By Kiseki standards), shitty bonding and harem stuff hurts some characterization a bit (or alot in some cases), and hides stuff and makes vague what's canon and what's not.

Lloyd: He's ok. Not the best or the worst i've seen, he is right in the middle. He had some really amazing moments, but also some moments that made me think of Rean.

Elie: Underultulized. She's like Kloe, but without the conclusion or development. Really needed alot more than her scene in ch2 of Zero. She should've been much much much more involved in the politics and stuff.

Tio:  Awesome character, deeply connected to the plot, nice development, a mini nuke and get's a continues a certain Trails tradition

Randy: Bro. Aibo. You name it. :3. Awesome, plot relevant, development and cool.

Honestly though, i expected more of all of them, even Randy and Tio, but especially Elie.

Noel: :Noel: . Not much really happens with her, so not much to say lol. Cool army chick i guess.

Rixia: Heavily underultulized and needed much much much more main story involvement and development

Wazy: too much spoilers to talk about him

SC > 3rd > Ao > Zero > FC > CS1 > CS2

I will post my full thoughts later.

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

>be me

>fight Ao final boss

>pretty darn cool might actually be my fav or 2nd fav. in the series

>10% HP remaining

>Party wipe out attack with low charge time that can't be impeded, and you can't guard against it.

>you have to kill boss before he charges, which was impossible blind really.

Instantly became my least fav. boss. 

<.<

Why do developers do this? You have this really cool boss fight with tons and tons of hype and then they just pull some kind of BS out of their ass that takes away all the enjoyment.
It's f***ing infuriating.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

So there's a sidequest in Cold Steel 3 where you have to duel Aurelia and you have to get the latter to 70% HP to get the AP points. It was going pretty well until Aurelia turned me to stone, resulting in an instant game over. After several attempts, i simply reloaded the save i made right before, set the difficulty to Very Easy, and completed the sidequest. I wanted my two AP points.

Stuff like this is the reason why Aurelia ended up being my most hated Trails character. Seriously, I can't stand that b****.

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'm glad you mentioned the other elements because without context, i would've just assumed that was an SMT enemy that made it into the game.

The big lips make it look kinda goofy ngl.

That thing would fit really well into an SMT game, I agree. The other Nightmares that have appeared so far are the same way.
And yeah, the big lips make it look goofy. Then you have the entire thing that just looks... wrong, somehow.

I started up Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2

latest?cb=20100803054602

I picked Aera the female protag, center, and Loki the oni- the dark-skinned to the left. It's kid-friendly happy anime story and characters, with a central but not elaborate weapon forging mechanic, and combat best described as 2D Tales with only one character.

It ain't sophisticated, but it doesn't have to be. The interactions between Aera and the fight-obsessed Loki are lighthearted goodness and thats all I need. A little return to a mind of youth and innocence. 😄

My Wii U is starting to make unpleasant sounds when I run it. Don't tell me it's dying...😟 If the disc drive breaks like my old Wii or worse, I'll have a ton of games with nothing to play them on, I don't want to sell them. And I know I can't run Dolphin with what I currently have.

Time to take Buddha to heart and attempt to detach from material things by selling it all if it comes to it. But even if I don't play most of the games anymore, my Wii-Wii U collection and GameCube collection are cherished memories in physical form.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My Wii U is starting to make unpleasant sounds when I run it. Don't tell me it's dying...😟 If the disc drive breaks like my old Wii or worse, I'll have a ton of games with nothing to play them on, I don't want to sell them. And I know I can't run Dolphin with what I currently have.

Time to take Buddha to heart and attempt to detach from material things by selling it all if it comes to it. But even if I don't play most of the games anymore, my Wii-Wii U collection and GameCube collection are cherished memories in physical form.

Awww, that's really sad! Sorry to hear that's happening!

updated post Crossbell tierlist (unordered)

OnZXqf3.png

(Also Elie at C not B)

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

It's f***ing infuriating.

especially when you consider the boss has 260k+ HP....

and unlike CS, you can't just deal 80k with S-craft or high level Arts. 16k at max.

Edited by Shrimperor

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Stuff like this is the reason why Aurelia ended up being my most hated Trails character. Seriously, I can't stand that b****.

I mean............she's not the only one. This duel was just bad because it was a 1v1 and since petrification doesn't have a timer, if everyone gets it, it's game over (also in the Sky trilogy, getting hit while petrified results in instant-death) but it ain't the first time Trails has thrown a bullshit fight my way. In Sky SC, Luciola and her Fog Monsters of Doom (they aren't called that but i forget what they are called) can just repeatedly put you to sleep, among other status effects. Also it's damn near impossible to hit them in the first place.

I remember a Crossbell monster boss could just stun you on contact and that was really annoying. Or in Sky 3rd, when you can easily get Vanished by a boss, resulting in your EP being deleted.

At least the Aurelia duel had the silver lining of "get her to 70% HP". All the other stuff i mentioned was all a full fight.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh that's not good. If it comes to it, hopefully you can get it repaired. I think Nintendo still offers to repair Wii U systems, though with the current global situation going on, not sure if it can be done as quickly or even done at all.

35 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

OnZXqf3.png

(Also Elie at C not B)

Can't believe you did my boy Zin dirty like that smh.

57 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

OnZXqf3.png

(Also Elie at C not B)

Here's mine (only characters that I know, obviously, and I didn't assign a specific order to it):
9XfNmU1.png7

New Class VII would all be A-tier, except Ash, who is B-tier material. Aurelia would be the F-est of Fs.

57 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

especially when you consider the boss has 260k+ HP....

and unlike CS, you can't just deal 80k with S-craft or high level Arts. 16k at max.

Oof.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean............she's not the only one. This duel was just bad because it was a 1v1 and since petrification doesn't have a timer, if everyone gets it, it's game over (also in the Sky trilogy, getting hit while petrified results in instant-death) but it ain't the first time Trails has thrown a bullshit fight my way. In Sky SC, Luciola and her Fog Monsters of Doom (they aren't called that but i forget what they are called) can just repeatedly put you to sleep, among other status effects. Also it's damn near impossible to hit them in the first place.

I remember a Crossbell monster boss could just stun you on contact and that was really annoying. Or in Sky 3rd, when you can easily get Vanished by a boss, resulting in your EP being deleted.

At least the Aurelia duel had the silver lining of "get her to 70% HP". All the other stuff i mentioned was all a full fight.

Triple oof.
I would spoiler too much if I explained all the other reasons I hate her, so I'll refrain from that for now, but that duel with her was the thing that basically kickstarted my dislike for her.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Triple oof.
I would spoiler too much if I explained all the other reasons I hate her, so I'll refrain from that for now, but that duel with her was the thing that basically kickstarted my dislike for her.

I mean, I saw a Japanese playthrough of the game with English subs months before the English version was even announced. So spoilers for CS3 and 4 aren't a concern for me cause I know then all.

I can wager a guess as to why you dislike her a lot given what you said about her when you were playing the game.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I can wager a guess as to why you dislike her a lot given what you said about her when you were playing the game.

True. I did vent my frustration a lot while playing. Thank you for reminding me! Wouldn't want to repeat that whole sermon.

---

Currently grinding for Blood Crystals in Mary Skelter. They're a thing you get after every battle along with Gold, EXP, and items. They come with different colors and blood types and they're used for pretty much everything from weapon upgrades to class unlocks. This stuff gets rough when you need a specific color and type.
While doing that, I have discovered that Kaguya shares her class line with Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella shares hers with Alice. I'm guessing the others that have yet to join (if there are) will share theirs with Red Riding Hood, Snow White, or Thumbelina. Also, I benched Red Riding Hood for Kaguya and Snow White for Cinderella, because Red Riding Hood's class line is just really weird (and not very useful; she has been falling off hard prior to Cinderella joining the party) and Snow White, while her classes are very useful, is slow as hell. I can still assign them as partners to the other girls so they can gain some bonuses, so that's a plus, at least.

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Can't believe you did my boy Zin dirty like that smh.

I mean

he is kinda just there xD

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Vanished

i fucking hate that status.

Worse than Deathblow, as revival and CP replinishing is much easier then EP replinishing lol.

Ao made me hate it even more with those vanish suicide enemies

All HP, EP and CP gone. Made the final dungeon so annoying

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean

he is kinda just there xD

True. But he is cool.

On a more gameplay note, Zin was my physical MVP throughout Sky FC and at least the first half of SC. So i guess that contributes to my personal higher ranking of him.

Hmmm, i just realized that we haven't had a brawler character since Ao. Sky had Zin. Crossbell had Wazy. Cold Steel doesn't have any brawlers, the closest we get are Millium and Altina but they are more like Stand users than actual brawlers.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i fucking hate that status

Same. I take solace in the fact that it's only for specific areas (well, Sky 3rd had it everywhere) but it's a very annoying status effect. And in the event that you Vanish every enemy in a fight, the fight ends but you don't get anything out of it. And it's not like there are equips to resist Vanished either. You can resist Deathblow, you can't resist Vanish.

Speaking of the special statuses, we have Zero Arts and Cold Steel 3 introduced Zero Brave, which lets you cast Brave Orders without expending BP and it's come to my attention that........we don't have Zero Craft. A.k.a using a Craft without using CP. You can argue that'd be busted but the same can be said for Zero Arts and Zero Brave.

Just now, Armagon said:

Cold Steel doesn't have any brawlers, the closest we get are Millium and Altina but they are more like Stand users than actual brawlers.

Angelica xD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Angelica xD

Ok true. I forgot but to be fair, she's only a temporary join. I was refering more to full time party members (and yeah, in FC, everyone but the Brights are in a rotation but they all come together for the final dungeon anyway).

I play Trails and it's my fave
Yet one thing will haunt me to my grave
Played Zero, Ao, all the games
Have memorized so many names.
The worst of it I've ever seen
Is a character named Rean
For that guy is, I don't deceive
A character I don't believe.
His existence makes me sad
It makes Cold Steel so f***ing bad.

Dedicated to @Shrimperor

I dunno. I have too much time. XD

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I play Trails and it's my fave
Yet one thing will haunt me to my grave
Played Zero, Ao, all the games
Have memorized so many names.
The worst of it I've ever seen
Is a character named Rean
For that guy is, I don't deceive
A character I don't believe.
His existence makes me sad
It makes Cold Steel so f***ing bad.

Dedicated to @Shrimperor

I dunno. I have too much time. XD

Wow xD

10/10 haha

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Glad you liked it! ^^

If i had place in my sig i would've sig'd it haha

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The quarentine will do that lmao.

i freaking finish games 3 times as fast thanks to it.

Normally i would've barely finished Zero by now lol.

I finished Zero and Ao with a break between them lol

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The quarentine will do that lmao.

Most likely. But hey, if it allows me to be creative, that's a positive in my eyes!

Here's one for the Xenoblade fans:

Accents British, girls are hot
Wacky furballs, though, are not
Because Nopon are the bestest thing!
Nothing can stand up to their bling!
Make nouns end with -pon I will petition!
To spread the love, it is my mission!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

If i had place in my sig i would've sig'd it haha

👍

11 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

but the boss nullifies all of them anyway. If that attack is charged, it's insta-game over.

So unlike Sky 3rd you can't just guard you way through.

Well, that's really mean!

Means everyone should have an auto reviving accesoire (forgot its name).

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Won't work due to Vanish xD

Vanish is straight up evil.
Is there even any way to cure it?

Though it is hilarious if you yourself get that bonus in CS3. That 20,000+ HP regular enemy that would have taken long to bring down with regular attacks because you want to save CP and EP for the boss? Gone in one simple strike!