Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You dont find Jr.'s story interesting?

Never said that. I just wouldn't consider him the protagonist of Xenosaga. 

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Personally, I just appreciate the part where Albedo splatters his brains on the wall.

Ok so, i know the context of this scene and it is a good scene as it's an example of how fucked up Albedo is but reading the statement "i just appreciate the part where Albedo splatters his brains on the wall" without any context just makes it sound like things escalated from zero to 100 real quick.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Online- Meet the third member of the Diabolical Trinity. A new F-Zero needs online play as any racer should. Now, explain to me how you create a game with the great Switch graphics on online play wherein you experience no lag whatsoever? Nintendo would require a dev team with the wisdom and tenacity of a thousand saints to harmonize the three aspects above.

Actually, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's online is pretty solid. There are communication errors here and there but i can't say i've ever experienced lag on that. If they can get something like that, online F-Zero would work.

Technically, F-Zero already has online multiplayer on SNES Online.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

F-Zero revival? So long this happens again:

It's... something.

Ah yes, this. F-Zero GX's devs were on the strongest of crack when making this.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Really? I mean, i'd get it if it was Mechanical Rhythm but Time to Fight over Xenoblade 2's battle theme? Can't say i agree with that. Imo, Time to Fight is too "standard-y" compared to the rest of the series' battle themes. It's not a bad song by any means but it's massively overshadowed by the rest.

1's battle theme is melancholic and I'm a sucker for strings. Actually I rather find 2's battle theme repetitive after a while. Though Torna's still my favorite regular battle theme if I include this one too.

As for elite boss battle theme: 2 >>>>>>> 1

Easily in my top ten best videogame themes list.

F-Zero GX's stroy mode showed me how obnoxious racing games can be. The missions with the bomb and knocking the others out were so frustratingly hard. Only owned the game for like a month because I was so pissed off by its difficulty. 

Well, it was the last "true" racing game I played.

1 hour ago, Falcom Knight said:

Though Torna's still my favorite regular battle theme if I include this one too.

Torna's is a banger, yes. Imo, it was the best regular battle theme in the series until Future Connected dethroned it (which makes Torna's battle theme the second best now).

As for elite boss battle theme: 2 >>>>>>> 1

Interesting. Most people prefer You Will Know Our Names over You Will Recall Our Names, you don't see as many who prefer it the other way around. Well, both songs are still bangers and are great to listen to so it's just a preference thing in the end.

And speaking of preference, I actually like Uncontrollable from Xenoblade X the most out of the three UM battle themes.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And there is a lot of cheesiness in some of the Story Mode cutscenes. The last chapter's pre-race cutscene is weird too:

I'm really glad I saw that cutscene you time-stamped to completely out of context because that just enhanced the experience.

Actually, I imagine that even with context, it still doesn't make any sense.

A

Spoiler

After Felix and Laura had breakfast:

Laura: It’s about time, shall we practice now?

Felix: Only after you!

Laura: I swear to my father I’ll show you what I’ve learned from the Arseid school.

Felix: I hope so. Otherwise you would just have stolen my rare free time.

Laura: I won’t disappoint me you! I will fight with everything I have!

Felix: Good, good! I won’t hold back either. I will show you that no one can mess with me!

Laura: Alright, let’s begin then!

Felix: Hyyya

Laura: Hyyyyyaaaaaa

Five minutes later…

Laura: … I couldn’t deal a single scratch on you - how embarrassing.

Felix: Hehe, you’re as tough as a nutshell. I must admit I haven’t had as much fun in facing someone as I have now. Can’t believe you were able to dodge all my attacks.

Laura: Though I hardly could land a hit on you. You’re as skilled as I expected.

Felix: Hehe, no need to hide your light under a bushel! I couldn’t defeat you after all either.

Laura: It was a fair and even if we couldn’t find a winner. Thanks for taking the time and effort to give me the chance to test my skills on you, Felix.

Felix: It was even a bit fun for me too. I can’t remember when I fought such a strong caliber as you are. Probably against my… brother

Laura: Thanks to your compliment. I also admire your sword style and toughness, Felix. Let’s do it again sometime, Felix!

Felix: I’m in. Well, let’s cool a bit. I will spend you a dish, what’ya say?

Laura: This is a generous offer, but I would gladly take it.

Felix: Alright, let’s go off then.

Both go to the canteen and offer smoked salmon with potatoes and mustard.

Laura: Thanks for this invitation, Felix. I truly appreciate it.

Felix: It’s fine. You entertained me today, so I just want to pay you out for this.

Laura: May I ask who did teach you the sword skills? Was it your brother?

Felix: …

Laura: Oh, my apologies if my question hit a very private area of yours. I just remember that you said that it was your brother you had a close enough match, so I should have known not to mention him.

Felix: You can’t know about it, so it’s fine. I mean I’m old enough not to react like a little child to run away when someone confronts me with a topic I don’t like. Well, since you are truly an opponent I will give you an answer. Yes, I have an older brother who was a master on the battlefield and also a good brother. We had a very close relationship and he taught me how wield a sword. We trained every morning, every midday, every evening and even at nights. He was rough to me, but that’s exactly what I wanted. I need to feel pain to get stronger. Though one day… everything has changed.

Laura: …May I ask what happened?

Felix: You might have heared about the Tragedy of Duscur? Some punks assassinated some Kingdom Royals on a diplomatic mission. Duscur was literally flattened. Dimitri… and my brother… has been involved. Dimitri survived… but Glenn… not. Dimitri saw his corpse, full of “pain and regret”. It was my foolish father who let him stay on the battlefield and retreated and instead of supporting him. He’s such a piece of… I HATE HIM SOOOOOOO MUCH!

Laura: I can only imagine how hard it must have been for someone to lose their brother who cared so well and was a true warrior on the battlefield. You have my deepest condolences, Felix! But it’s not the right time and place to let out your anger on wrong people at the wrong time! You rather should continue the heritage of your brother. He taught you how to become a proud and honorable knight.

Felix: …A proud and honorable knight. Hah…hahahaha… this feels like an insult being called that way because I fight for what I think is right and wrong… but you’re not wrong… I should continue focusing on the targets Glenn had. I owe it to him! I should live as long as possible and get stronger to realize everything.

Laura: That’s what your brother would be proud of for you! If he means so much for you, then it’s the right choice. Of course everyone from the Monastery including myself of course would appreciate to support you.

Felix: Taking someone’s help who’s not my brother!? Seriously the longer the conversation goes, the weirder it becomes.

Laura: It was just an advice.

Felix: Well, I will think about it. Anyways the little fight and chat were a nice breather.

Laura: Pleasure’s on my side. It was a great opportunity to test my strength on you and get to know about your background. Honestly I admire you for having such a great brother.

Felix: Well, therefore you have a good dad!? A dad with the title “Blademaster” is definitely more worthy than someone with a stupid noble’s title who is just a coward. Anyways I’m looking forward to the next battle! I still have to settle a score with you!

Laura: And I yet have to continue my practice till I have beaten you once! We’ll see again!

Someone might have tell me about the Tragedy of Duscur again. I don't remember what happened there.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Interesting. Most people prefer You Will Know Our Names over You Will Recall Our Names, you don't see as many who prefer it the other way around. Well, both songs are still bangers and are great to listen to so it's just a preference thing in the end.

You Will Recall Our Names is way more intense. I had some battles about 15 minutes and this theme always pumped up my blood instead of tiring me.

Edited by Falcom Knight

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

And now i see his post...

Lmao. Yeah, FE fanbase can be very stingy with such matters lol.

210px-Suguri_(unit).png?version=01a25389210px-Suguri_(Ver.2)_(unit).png?version=210px-Suguri_(46_Billion_Years)_(unit).p

One more Suguri and we can have a full match of Suguris only xD

More Suguri alts! Make it happen, devs!
The 46 billion years version of her reminds me of Ethel.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

See, now that you brought that up, i'm imagining this nice song being sung by Nim and it's hilarious.

That's the beauty of recognizing voice actors. XD
When I first heard Nim's voice, I was like "wait, you know this voice actress from somewhere". Then, I check her page in the in-game encyclopedia, and sure enough, she also voiced Arnice. That fact alone was enough for me to keep Nim in my party (that, and she's pretty useful on Nia).

Fire Emblem Three Houses becomes five times more hilarious when you know that the English voice of Edelgard also voiced Vert in the Re;Birth games...
And this
LPgAxIL.jpg
B9WiLil.jpg

becomes ten times more hilarious when you imagine Celica saying it (just replace CPU with queen).

A

Hide contents

After Felix and Laura had breakfast:

Laura: It’s about time, shall we practice now?

Felix: Only after you!

Laura: I swear to my father I’ll show you what I’ve learned from the Arseid school.

Felix: I hope so. Otherwise you would just have stolen my rare free time.

Laura: I won’t disappoint me you! I will fight with everything I have!

Felix: Good, good! I won’t hold back either. I will show you that no one can mess with me!

Laura: Alright, let’s begin then!

Felix: Hyyya

Laura: Hyyyyyaaaaaa

Five minutes later…

Laura: … I couldn’t deal a single scratch on you - how embarrassing.

Felix: Hehe, you’re as tough as a nutshell. I must admit I haven’t had as much fun in facing someone as I have now. Can’t believe you were able to dodge all my attacks.

Laura: Though I hardly could land a hit on you. You’re as skilled as I expected.

Felix: Hehe, no need to hide your light under a bushel! I couldn’t defeat you after all either.

Laura: It was a fair and even if we couldn’t find a winner. Thanks for taking the time and effort to give me the chance to test my skills on you, Felix.

Felix: It was even a bit fun for me too. I can’t remember when I fought such a strong caliber as you are. Probably against my… brother

Laura: Thanks to your compliment. I also admire your sword style and toughness, Felix. Let’s do it again sometime, Felix!

Felix: I’m in. Well, let’s cool a bit. I will spend you a dish, what’ya say?

Laura: This is a generous offer, but I would gladly take it.

Felix: Alright, let’s go off then.

Both go to the canteen and offer smoked salmon with potatoes and mustard.

Laura: Thanks for this invitation, Felix. I truly appreciate it.

Felix: It’s fine. You entertained me today, so I just want to pay you out for this.

Laura: May I ask who did teach you the sword skills? Was it your brother?

Felix: …

Laura: Oh, my apologies if my question hit a very private area of yours. I just remember that you said that it was your brother you had a close enough match, so I should have known not to mention him.

Felix: You can’t know about it, so it’s fine. I mean I’m old enough not to react like a little child to run away when someone confronts me with a topic I don’t like. Well, since you are truly an opponent I will give you an answer. Yes, I have an older brother who was a master on the battlefield and also a good brother. We had a very close relationship and he taught me how wield a sword. We trained every morning, every midday, every evening and even at nights. He was rough to me, but that’s exactly what I wanted. I need to feel pain to get stronger. Though one day… everything has changed.

Laura: …May I ask what happened?

Felix: You might have heared about the Tragedy of Duscur? Some punks assassinated some Kingdom Royals on a diplomatic mission. Duscur was literally flattened. Dimitri… and my brother… has been involved. Dimitri survived… but Glenn… not. Dimitri saw his corpse, full of “pain and regret”. It was my foolish father who let him stay on the battlefield and retreated and instead of supporting him. He’s such a piece of… I HATE HIM SOOOOOOO MUCH!

Laura: I can only imagine how hard it must have been for someone to lose their brother who cared so well and was a true warrior on the battlefield. You have my deepest condolences, Felix! But it’s not the right time and place to let out your anger on wrong people at the wrong time! You rather should continue the heritage of your brother. He taught you how to become a proud and honorable knight.

Felix: …A proud and honorable knight. Hah…hahahaha… this feels like an insult being called that way because I fight for what I think is right and wrong… but you’re not wrong… I should continue focusing on the targets Glenn had. I owe it to him! I should live as long as possible and get stronger to realize everything.

Laura: That’s what your brother would be proud of for you! If he means so much for you, then it’s the right choice. Of course everyone from the Monastery including myself of course would appreciate to support you.

Felix: Taking someone’s help who’s not my brother!? Seriously the longer the conversation goes, the weirder it becomes.

Laura: It was just an advice.

Felix: Well, I will think about it. Anyways the little fight and chat were a nice breather.

Laura: Pleasure’s on my side. It was a great opportunity to test my strength on you and get to know about your background. Honestly I admire you for having such a great brother.

Felix: Well, therefore you have a good dad!? A dad with the title “Blademaster” is definitely more worthy than someone with a stupid noble’s title who is just a coward. Anyways I’m looking forward to the next battle! I still have to settle a score with you!

Laura: And I yet have to continue my practice till I have beaten you once! We’ll see again!

Someone might have tell me about the Tragedy of Duscur again. I don't remember what happened there.

Awesome support! Absolutely loved it!

As for the Tragedy of Duscur, I don't remember much beyond that Dimitri was the sole survivor and everyone else - Glen included - died.
It's been a while since I last played Azure Moon.

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Awesome support! Absolutely loved it!

As for the Tragedy of Duscur, I don't remember much beyond that Dimitri was the sole survivor and everyone else - Glen included - died.
It's been a while since I last played Azure Moon.

Nice that you liked it!

It's up.

I guess some supports tell about it too.

I just wanted to gain some infos about Glenn I couldn't find.

Though I don't think it matters too much.

1 minute ago, Falcom Knight said:

I guess some supports tell about it too.

I just wanted to gain some infos about Glenn I couldn't find.

Though I don't think it matters too much.

True, the main takeaway from it for Felix is that that was the day his brother died. And I feel that came across really well in this support.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Never said that. I just wouldn't consider him the protagonist of Xenosaga. 

Ok so, i know the context of this scene and it is a good scene as it's an example of how fucked up Albedo is but reading the statement "i just appreciate the part where Albedo splatters his brains on the wall" without any context just makes it sound like things escalated from zero to 100 real quick.

I suppose that's a fair point.

Sorry! That was supposed to sound a bit strange, with a hint of humor in there! I suppose it didn't work that well, then? 

8 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Though Torna's still my favorite regular battle theme if I include this one too.

Someone has good taste!

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

More Suguri alts! Make it happen, devs!

I see you fell in love with the Sugu already xD

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

LPgAxIL.jpg

We should be glad CPUs are good people then because they technically are the rulers of theocracies...

If they were bad, oh boy. We already have Rei as an example xD

5 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

A

👍

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

That's the beauty of recognizing voice actors. XD
When I first heard Nim's voice, I was like "wait, you know this voice actress from somewhere". Then, I check her page in the in-game encyclopedia, and sure enough, she also voiced Arnice. That fact alone was enough for me to keep Nim in my party (that, and she's pretty useful on Nia).

Yeah, it can be pretty fun to find matching voice actors. Doubly so when they have a lot of range that you couldn't recognize them off the bat. 

Though regarding Nim, i didn't recognize her actor on account of me playing Xenoblade 2 with English voice acting. And i really don't like Nim's English voice, it's one of the very few in the game i think it's legitamtely bad. I actually don't like Nim at all, she's my least favorite Blade in the game.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

And this
LPgAxIL.jpg
B9WiLil.jpg

becomes ten times more hilarious when you imagine Celica saying it (just replace CPU with queen).

Haha nice.

56 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I suppose it didn't work that well, then? 

It actually did work on account of being out of context.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Albedo may or may not be my idol, okay?!

I mean, he is a very entertaining character. He's like The Joker (the Batman one, not the P5 one), he's pretty fucked up but you can't have a bad time with any scenes involving him.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It actually did work on account of being out of context.

I mean, he is a very entertaining character. He's like The Joker (the Batman one, not the P5 one), he's pretty fucked up but you can't have a bad time with any scenes involving him.

Mmkay, that makes me happy then!

Exactly! He just has that way about him that can make you laugh! His VA does an amazing job selling him as sounding "insane", which really adds on to it. Kinda a disappointment he got shafted in III.

Edit: i'm happy he got closure with Jr., though. It was sad to see him say, "if you die, I want to die, too!" in the 2nd game. He just wants Jr. to be okay, is that so wrong? The few moments where I felt bad for him. His ending moment didn't get the love it deserved.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I see you fell in love with the Sugu already xD

She's adorable.
But my main point was that I wanted the devs to make one more of her to make it possible for OJ players to have a match where everybody is a different version of her. I imagine that would be quite fun!

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

We should be glad CPUs are good people then because they technically are the rulers of theocracies...

If they were bad, oh boy. We already have Rei as an example xD

Oh yeah, definitely.
Though on that note, I would actually like for them to (re)visit the concept of an evil CPU.
But if they do, they should definitely take the Kurome route, because Rei was kinda lame for a final boss, ngl.

Yeah, it can be pretty fun to find matching voice actors. Doubly so when they have a lot of range that you couldn't recognize them off the bat.

Definitely!

Though regarding Nim, i didn't recognize her actor on account of me playing Xenoblade 2 with English voice acting. And i really don't like Nim's English voice, it's one of the very few in the game i think it's legitamtely bad. I actually don't like Nim at all, she's my least favorite Blade in the game.

I haven't completed her Blade Quest, so I don't know too much about her (her first quest is so f***ing annoying, though...). All I have to go on is that her voice actress is the same one as Arnice. And that endeared me to her.

---

So, this morning I took the plunge and bought Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online, purely on a whim (I know I shouldn't do that, but... it's Nep, so...).
Here are some first impressions:

• Graphics look pretty from what I've seen so far. Environments are pretty, and character designs are great (Noire's Black Knight outfit in particular is awesome)
  • The plot is basically Re;Birth 1's endgame with you having to find four treasures to open the way to the realm of the Goddesses. This time it's packaged in a game within a game sort of thing, which opens the way for all kinds of funny shenanigans
  • Humor is on point, as usual for Neptunia. I've already laughed my bottom off at more than one occasion ("Descartridge" XD)
  • I look forward to the hilarity of the CPUs meeting their in-game selves
  • The town menu looks adorable. It has that pop-up book look to it that I really liked in Super Neptunia RPG
  • Controls are smooth and the combat is pretty fun and satisfying. I'm liking it so far.
  • Even though the game has "Online" in the title, multiplayer doesn't seem to be mandatory (thank god).
  • Noire's new English voice is great. But between her wielding a spear in this game, and yelling "Pierce through!" in battle, I can't help but think of Eleanor from Tales of Berseria whenever she speaks.
  • The English voice acting in general is pretty good so far, especially Neptune's. Her voice actress sounds like she had a blast voicing the character (though she did in the other games, too).

Also, Vert found a new "victim"

uTB29Rm.jpg

So... that's a thing. XD

So, in a nutshell, first impressions are mostly positive. I still have some reservations, of course, since I've been told the game isn't very... you know, good. But I'm enjoying myself so far.

Edited by DragonFlames

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Live by the RNG

Die by the RNG

xD

The motto of all Fire Emblem armies.

24 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And i see you got CyberNep. Well, enjoy 😄

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also,

xhjW7le.png

- CyberNep customing department.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The motto of all Fire Emblem armies

Orange Juice was  FE game all along xD

- CyberNep customing department

right lol

EaPHDALXkAU3XgP?format=jpg&name=large

EaPHC86UEAAkltJ?format=jpg&name=large

I feel like the unspoken rule of Xenoblade is that the best screenshots come during the sunset, with exceptions being areas that are bioluminescent at night or areas that just don't recieve sunlight.

And the one minute in between sunset and night is the best moment imo. I really like the beautiful contrast it creates.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Kinda a disappointment he got shafted in III.

Yeah, it was clear Albedo was supposed to have more to him after Episode II but it just wasn't in the cards unfortunately.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I haven't completed her Blade Quest, so I don't know too much about her (her first quest is so f***ing annoying, though...). All I have to go on is that her voice actress is the same one as Arnice. And that endeared me to her.

Her JP VA probably makes her much more bearable. The English one really plays up the furrybait aspect of Nim, contributing to one of my reasons for disliking the character.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Even though the game has "Online" in the title, multiplayer doesn't seem to be mandatory (thank god).

Pretty sure there's no online aspect period, it just has "online" in it because it's a virtual reality world and it copies the MMO aspect of it to a T (i've never played an MMO but the UI is very much like one).

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yay sequels!

Orange Juice was  FE game all along xD

It all makes sense now! Dragon lolis, characters that look young, but are actually 46 billion years old...
Oh. My. Goodness.

right lol

It's especially noticeable on Neptune and co. Not that I necessarily mind.
Not sure about the Candidates, as they only appeared for a short while in the opening, where it shows what class they are. On that note, I am very much looking forward to freaking Samurai Rom and Ninja Ram, since I only know them as magically inclined characters in the main games. Having them be physical fighters is going to be really, really weird.
On the topic of weird: Priest Blanc. Freaking Priest Blanc. Imagine in FE, a Cleric that swears like a sailor while healing you. XD

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Her JP VA probably makes her much more bearable. The English one really plays up the furrybait aspect of Nim, contributing to one of my reasons for disliking the character.

The Japanese voice makes her sound like a jovial girl that just likes to have fun. I didn't get any furrybait vibes from it at all.
Her design is a different story.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Pretty sure there's no online aspect period, it just has "online" in it because it's a virtual reality world and it copies the MMO aspect of it to a T (i've never played an MMO but the UI is very much like one).

There is. You can play online multiplayer with up to four people. But as far as I know, it has no bearing on the main story.

On the topic of weird: Priest Blanc. Freaking Priest Blanc. Imagine in FE, a Cleric that swears like a sailor while healing you. XD

Cyberdimension Blanc is just gonna be this image

im-a-healer-but-20526260.png

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

There is. You can play online multiplayer with up to four people.

Oh. Huh. And here i thought the whole "online" thing was just thematic.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yay sequels!

not really a sequel, since it's completely different kind of game

xD

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

There is. You can play online multiplayer with up to four people. But as far as I know, it has no bearing on the main story.

And the multiplayer is brooooooooooooooooooooken. atleasto n PC