Game of thrones season 2

Aizenberg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... I'd probably mark those spoilers with the books they're relevant to. They're sorta... big and important, like that.

they're spoiler-marked nonetheless, I think anyone with a bit of sense will know not to read them if they don't want spoilers. changed anyway.

I dont hate Sansa. I kinda didnt like her at first but after a while (like mid to late season 1), i felt terrible for her and shes like "wow...i was a real idiot here. Ayra was right...holy shit." so yeah. Im warming up to her and im curious to see what happens. (i did get some of the books and im gonna read em!) I actually was pretty cool with Sansa kinda shit talking to Shae because...im not liking that character. At all. So yeah. Sansa's ok. She realizes the situation shes in so shes not completely stupid or anything. A little slow on the uptake but hey...shes a kid.

as long as they get storm of swords right ill be happy.

sansas a million times better than daenerys fuckin targeryen (everyone's favorite character for some odd reason)

oh and

robb stark>jon snow by a freaking mile

I never cared too much for Daenerys because shes kinda boring. After her initial character development (read: growing a pair), she just wasnt that interesting and her story line is kinda stagnant at the moment. Her brother was so much more interesting to me.

Daenerys is there to be a plot point, that is all. As soon as Tyrion gets his act together no-one will care when Dany is in the same room, anyway.

I actually really like Jon Snow as a character. Even if the L+R=J theory isn't true, he's still going to do a lot of great things

[spoiler=Dance with Dragons and Fan Theories]if he gets back up from being stabbed four times.

For the uninitated, L+R=J is a fan theory saying that Jon Snow is the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen. There's some evidence for it, but not much. Pretty popular, though, and a good idea.

There's still more evidence for it than Syrio Forel = Jaquen H'gar = Kindly Man

I like Jon Snow as a character. I don't mind Dany either. But I dislike their parts of the books, because it feels like a disconnect from the rest of the story. It slows down the pacing of the books which are slow to begin with anyways. Also, with Dany, her story almost makes you feel the rest of it is pointless. Because what does all this scheming and plotting and warring in Westeros matter when her dragons are fully grown up and ready to absolutely decimate whoever is left? Of course, she's kinda dumb, so she's like I HASTA DO IT NOW!!!!!

You aren't alone: those are basically exactly my thoughts. Watching Sansa and Jaime evolve as characters is the most engaging part of the entire series, in my view.

I also like them much more than I thought I would. Sansa looked like an ordinary bitch and Jaime an ordinary villain stereotype but they managed to surprise me. Same about Littlefinger, Arya and Tyrion, although I knew they were important but they had less of the spotlight in the first book.

Also, about Storm of Swords:

I hope they make a good work of the Red Wedding. I mean, it must be as dramatic and sad as the fall of the Jedi, maybe because it really surprised me to see Robb die so easily and so soon.

robb stark>jon snow by a freaking mile

I also like Robb Stark, but not as much as Jon Snow. Robb looked so promissing and he failed badly, while Jon was more of a side character than anything and became a major character.

Well, same thing could be said about Tywin, but I liked him. The ending of Storm of Swords was great, but I wish he and Robb would survive longer. Joffrey can dine in hell.

Also, why so much hate for Dany but no hate for Catelyn? Or Lysa?

Funny because i was defending Catelyn earlier but seeing her actions in the last episode(s), i just...dont know anymore. Shes getting too rash i think. Lysa...never liked her. She creeps me out big time!

I like Jon Snow too. Im curious to see where his storyline goes. I just started reading the books so yeah.

I might like Dany more when her story picks up. Right now its sooooooo dragging.

Also, why so much hate for Dany but no hate for Catelyn? Or Lysa?

Catelyn can eat a dick in hell. Specifically Tyrion's. While simultaneously being on fire.

Lysa kinda goes without saying.

I just got up to date with the second season, fuck yeah! Maybe we should move discussion of the books for up-to-date people to a seperate thread?

I like it, just... I have to wonder, who was it that picked up last season's screenwriting, shook their heads and said "Nah, there isn't enough largely irrelevant sex." I mean, cutting Jacelyn and keeping That Captain's Daughter Theon Fucks A Couple Dozen Times? Really?

I liked Jacelyn, man. I really did.

Meh. At least Peter Dinklage is still being awesome.

Sidenote: Anyone watch lastangrygeek's reviews called Stark Raving? They're pretty funny.

"Haha! That's not his sister! That's the girl he was fooling around with on the ride here...Excuse me, I need to go vomit."

"I give this episode...four severed heads of Sean Bean out of five"

Because A Clash of Kings was 90% exposition? Just wait until Theon gets on a ship. You'll see what happens.

i know wot happens, and i doubt itll be as good as the book. where the fuck was renlys peach!?

are they even gonna have meera and jojen reed this season. wot about reek

reeeeeeeekkkk?!?!?!

I'm fairly certain that the three of them have not been encountered yet by this time in the books, either. It's been a while since I read ACOC, because I hated it oh so very much.

Then Storm of Swords happened, and all was forgiven.

I like it, just... I have to wonder, who was it that picked up last season's screenwriting, shook their heads and said "Nah, there isn't enough largely irrelevant sex." I mean, cutting Jacelyn and keeping That Captain's Daughter Theon Fucks A Couple Dozen Times? Really?

I liked Jacelyn, man. I really did.

who's jacelyn I forgot

man screw jacelyn bywater

they cut out brynden tully

what the fuck

holy shit you're right

this is a disgrace

Also, I have to know; does Raff the Sweetling appear? I'm... oddly invested in his existence. (Have only seen up to 3 so far)

man screw jacelyn bywater

they cut out brynden tully

He doesn't appear in Book 2, does he? If he does, it's just briefly. I understand why they took him off Season 2, since they are skipping a lot of minor things (that are important nevertheless, like Theon not pillaging first before going to Winterfell)

Also, where are the Reed siblings? I think they should've been there by now.

Also, I have to know; does Raff the Sweetling appear? I'm... oddly invested in his existence. (Have only seen up to 3 so far)

No Raff, we just get Polliver, really.

He doesn't appear in Book 2, does he? If he does, it's just briefly. I understand why they took him off Season 2, since they are skipping a lot of minor things (that are important nevertheless, like Theon not pillaging first before going to Winterfell)

Also, where are the Reed siblings? I think they should've been there by now.

David and Dan have heavily suggested that they will hold off on casting the Reeds and the Tullys until Season 3 because it would be too hard to keep actors around with very small roles until they're needed much later. I mean, look how much time we're getting with Robb and Catelyn; it's short enough as it is, and it'd be even shorter if they'd kept the Tullys in. Tullys will be in next season, probably.