Thinking of trying FE5.

CrashGordon94

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt it, considering I tried this same exact thing and failed every time without the Hero Axe.

Elaborate. What exactly was your strategy and what was so ruined about it?

In the numerous times I've beaten FE5 I've never given Dagda the Hero Axe. An Iron Axe and a vulnerary (maybe an extra axe just in case) is all he needs.

I really don't know what to tell you, dondon.

Elaborate. What exactly was your strategy and what was so ruined about it?

Bumrush Asvel, Lifis, Leaf up the right side of the map and Othin up the left side?

You need the brigands in the throne room cleared in order for this to work, and to do that, Dagda needs to leave no enemy standing so that he's free to actually go into the throne room (otherwise Tanya will get molested when Dagda's not looking). I got the entire map done in 7 turns with the Leg Ring obtained and no movement stars used. I highly doubt that this is reliably achievable with an Iron Axe in lieu of a Hero Axe: Dagda is not guaranteed to double all of the brigands, he is not guaranteed to activate Charge if he gets hit a couple of times, he is not guaranteed to even 2HKO all of the brigands, and above all, if the previous requirements are met, he is not guaranteed to be able to hit them. The Hero Axe skyrockets the likelihood of success.

But Crash is not doing it in GOTTA GO FAST mode. Regardless of how you did it in your run, the whole point is moot because he said he's going to take his time with the maps.

But Crash is not doing it in GOTTA GO FAST mode. Regardless of how you did it in your run, the whole point is moot because he said he's going to take his time with the maps.

I know dondon doesn't need defending, but

As a disclaimer, you can put the Hero Axe wherever you want if you're playing super casually, but if you want to bumrush through the chapter, you're going to need the Hero Axe on Dagda so that that area of the map is completely clear.

Just play it on normal. The reduced exp is not too much of a disadvantage.

Yeah... thanks! I actually decided to do that even before you responded. It just wouldn't be right to do it any other way--I feel like it would upset the delicately balanced system the game has in place. Plus, it wouldn't feel like I actually "beat" the game if I used easy mode.

I don't mean "balanced" in terms of gameplay. I mean "balanced" in terms of the whole stat system. The capturing, stealing, trading, uniform stat caps, etc. make the whole framework feel like a well-made machine. I didn't mean to describe what you can actually use the machine to do... in fact, the ability to break the game actually kind of reflects well on the game engine. It shows how versatile it is.

At any rate, I thought it wouldn't feel right to have too much EXP for the point in the game that I'm at. I want to play the game more "as it was meant to be played."

Plus you don't get bragging rights if you beat the game on easy mode.

Plus you don't get bragging rights if you beat the game on easy mode.

A rank on Elite Mode is more deserving of bragging rights than E rank on Normal Mode.