Thinking of trying FE5.

CrashGordon94

I'm a pretty big fan of FE5 personally. That game was so hard the first time I played it. Also, why is there a topic about "which characters should I use" for your first time playing? You play the game, like I did, completely blind, and enjoy the fuck out of it. If you've already seen youtube videos and shit, you've pretty much ruined your first time. I had no idea what characters were good or not, etc. I used rewind states and a fucking ton of Arena abusing to AA Lara (That's the first thief chicks name, right?) to a 20 in every stat including CON and move. This allowed her to hilariously move around, grab an item from a chest on turn one that she shouldn't have gotten to until turn 4. It was funny as HELL lol.

But seriously, just play the damn game. Stop asking people what units to use. You might fail a lot, but it's fun failing at that game and trying a new strategy.

It depends. I personally like a bit of info in advance. It's totally not fun sending a level 5 Leaf with 5 Speed and Build through the stairs first in Chapter 4 with only his Light sword, 2 use Vulnerary and Baldo Scroll witohut knowing the implications of it.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends. I personally like a bit of info in advance. It's totally not fun sending a level 5 Leaf with 5 Speed and Build through the stairs first in Chapter 4 with only his Light sword, 2 use Vulnerary and Baldo Scroll witohut knowing the implications of it.

When did massively fucking up once in a while become a bad thing? Restarting chapters isn't a crime.

When did massively fucking up once in a while become a bad thing? Restarting chapters isn't a crime.

When the consequences may not be made apparent until after you've saved, it can be pretty awful. I've fucked up a lot in my TRS mostly blind run and continued most of the time when possible, but never to the point of eliminating my entire team aside from one weak Lord in a single action.

Now, once you know how Escape chapters work, you're probably fine.

Don't worry about keeping the Kia staff intact. Veld is the easiest FE boss ever.

I don't know man. Rivis didn't even have a weapon.

Anyway, while Veld does start with Stone equipped, it's a 3-10 range tome and you can prepare to fight him by positionning units near the center of the map, so he can't even counter with it.

Last time I fought Veld he died before he could retaliate.

Was Machua with either King Sword or Hero, dun remember. Mareeta had the other one.

Luna activation + Critical awwwhellyeah

I like Machua a lot k

But if you think you might need an uber unit, scrollspam yourself one. Else game throws one at you in the form of Galzus and you can use that free of charge.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Yeah, you can just have Sety Rewarp himself to the middle of the map before seizing all the circles then when you take the last one and the door opens you can have him run up and kill Veld before he can do anything.

Well, was not really fun resetting chapter 4x many times to get Leaf to solo the enemies and then reach the door and stare blankly at it wondering if there was some part of the plot to open it for you. Didn't realise that those that didn't come with you won't catch up. Because of how everyone but Lifis ended up with you for the dungeon part I thought it was perfectly normal that Leaf might go alone and wait for reinforcements. If I looked up the information sooner, I would not have tried to beat the chapter.

But yeah, thankfully I did not save it over the Chapter 4 file. But the hours I sank in just on part of a chapter was an experience that sucked quite a bit of my gaming vitality. Asvel actually got himself killed on turn 3 twice as an NPC.

Right, I guess that's fair enough, but does that mean that I can't keep the Staff and skip 24x?

Correct. Sidequests are not optional in this game; if you meet the requirements, you go to the chapter. And the requirements for 24x are having Sara alive and the Kia Staff obtained.

No thanks, I hate it when people say this sort of thing, I DO NOT have the capabilities to do this on my own. I already dismissed it once already (Integ said the same thing more or less).

Trial, error, and savestates. Use them if you suck that bad. You shouldn't even bother playing if you're just going to map the entire damn game out before you press start :V at that point it's no longer a game requiring strategy and brains, it's a visual novel.

I agree with Klokinator. At this point yoU might aS wEll look At guides at gaMefAqs or fewod and foLlow them step by step. You've pretty much ruineD the whole gAme already, so why bother?

I agree with Klokinator. At this point yoU might aS wEll look At guides at gaMefAqs or fewod and foLlow them step by step. You've pretty much ruineD the whole gAme already, so why bother?

hahahahah thAt'S Seriously tHe funniest thing i've read on the forum the whOLE day!!

You have to go out of your way to get the Kia Staff unless I'm misremembering. I'm about 65% sure that I had to consciously try to get the Kia instead of just playing for the boss and having it just fall into my hands.