Thinking of trying FE5.

CrashGordon94

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine, he used capital letters to spell out "USE AMALDA" (which I still don't want to do), is your faith in my intellect really that low or are you messing with me?

Reading your other posts on this forum, sometimes I wonder if you're easily trolled, you let yourself get trolled, or if you do it intentionally.

There are some tricky chapters, but nothing you should need to do much to specifically prepare for beforehand. I recommend having Warp uses available going into Ch22, but that's always a good idea.

I've never even tried using the Arena in this game. I don't think it's very different from the normal one, but I don't think it's common, either.

The arena is very irregular in this game. You get matched up against enemies with bizarre stats and often the weapons you're given are blatantly unequal (talking Iron vs. Silver type inequality here). Don't be surprised if your mages get put up against Cavaliers with 15+ magic or some other weird crap.

There are some tricky chapters, but nothing you should need to do much to specifically prepare for beforehand. I recommend having Warp uses available going into Ch22, but that's always a good idea.

I've never even tried using the Arena in this game. I don't think it's very different from the normal one, but I don't think it's common, either.

I can't even imagine how to win this chapter by brute force alone without disabling some of the stuff that the chapter throws at you first. It's probably worth it to emphasize that Warp is really important in that chapter.

I can't even imagine how to win this chapter by brute force alone without disabling some of the stuff that the chapter throws at you first. It's probably worth it to emphasize that Warp is really important in that chapter.

What do you mean? I just think that you need at least some preparation, Thief staff, Fliers, Status staffs, whatever. If you don't know what to expect you might hit a brickwall here, no matter how strong your units are.

Edit: Also while watching this video it reminded me that you can never buy restore staffs and all the ones you can get are easily missable. So just enduring the status staffs is hardly an option.

Edit2: I also watched both parts of the video and I still don't understand what you were saying. The player didn't use staffs. However he used instead savestats and a Lifis who somehow got enough con to steal Master Swords.

Edited by BrightBow

What you're saying is you don't consider that brute force? All I did (besides jinky retargeting of Sleep) is shove my way through the middle of the map eventually. There wasn't "strategy" or "planning".

Edited by Integrity

No, because it was still done with ticks that are unlikely to have worked. Lifis had an highly unlikely amount of Bld to steal Reinhardts weapons. That's important since Reinhardt alone has the potential to curbstomp the whole team.

Also Savestates were used at last once, when Olwen was killed after getting the Holy Sword.

Edited by BrightBow

Savestates were probably used like there was no tomorrow - it's been the better part of a year since I recorded that, can't recall - but it's not like Lifis disarming Reinhardt is the only way to deal with him. Yeah, it was my easy cop-out way to do it, but what is - to use your example - Warp going to do to mitigate having to face Reinhardt?

And besides Lifis with his mega BLD, what "tricks" did I use? I think you're giving me a lot more credit than I'm due.

EDIT: For whatever it's worth, I'm assuming Crash would rather not Warpskip chapters the first time he plays them, even if they're motherfuckers like 22.

Edited by Integrity

Yes, there are quite a few ways to get past that chapter but it is very possible that a first time player might find himself in this chapter without having access to either of them. So it's easy to hit a brick wall if you go in without any previous knowledge.

On the top of my head:

-Most warps need to be stolen besides the one given by Corpel, which granted is the result of a sidequest most people would do.

-The good staffs aren't just handed out like candy and can never be bought. It comes again down to stealing but enemies are likely to have used them up by the time you reach them.

-Thief's would be very lucky to have enough Bld to steal Daim Thunder, even assuming one gets the bld ring and was smart enough to use it on one.

-The Thief staff is in an optional chapter and it's user is low on Magic.

-A-Staff users, assuming they are even available, might be fatigued and fatigue potions are hard to come by.

Edited by BrightBow

I was mainly suggesting Warp as a way to get Cyas to leave fast if necessary, perhaps coupled with Rescue. Even if he doesn't want to use it, it's good to have the option.

Granted, I don't know much about this chapter since I've only completed FE5 once, and it was on my SSS run.

Dude, you're making a case for a functional moron here.

1: I already challenged the relevance of Warp. EDIT: Othin explained it well enough for me, scratch this one.

2: Point well granted, and yet many (I'd venture most) people save those special staffs for occasions they can't figure out how to get past. Like, ah, chapter 22?

3: Sure. Pahn needs 5 BLD up from base (or 2 + ring) and the Ring is a little tricksy to get at. I'll grant you that.

4: He's already planning to hit Gaidens - all of them. And are we both talking about the same Tina with a 50% growth (before scrolls) and a +3 promotion gain? That's not exactly low - the only problem is a low base.

5: If he goes A route, at this point he has Safy (likely A) and Sleuf (A base). Add to that Tina (maybe, she does start with a shit-kickin' E), Sara (B), Salem ©, *maybe* Linoan ©? He's not on GOTTA GO FAST mode, which means time to raise stick ranks.

Do I need to go make a non-Elite mode record for that chapter where I beat it using nothing but Attack and Heal? I'm not saying the shit is *easy*, but you're saying it's *impossible*.

Edited by Integrity

I was mainly suggesting Warp as a way to get Cyas to leave fast if necessary, perhaps coupled with Rescue. Even if he doesn't want to use it, it's good to have the option.

Granted, I don't know much about this chapter since I've only completed FE5 once, and it was on my SSS run.

Even without Cyas there are still 9 Leadership stars to ensure the accuracy of Reinhardts army and Reinhardt himself with maxed magic, Daimthunder and Vantage. And the bridge removed behind you and the area in front of you protected by the series finest ballistas cripple your movement horribly as Reinhardts Thoron-equipped Mage Knights approach you. It's insane.

Edit:

Dude, you're making a case for a functional moron here.

1: I already challenged the relevance of Warp. EDIT: Othin explained it well enough for me, scratch this one.

2: Point well granted, and yet many (I'd venture most) people save those special staffs for occasions they can't figure out how to get past. Like, ah, chapter 22?

3: Sure. Pahn needs 5 BLD up from base (or 2 + ring) and the Ring is a little tricksy to get at. I'll grant you that.

4: He's already planning to hit Gaidens - all of them. And are we both talking about the same Tina with a 50% growth (before scrolls) and a +3 promotion gain? That's not exactly low - the only problem is a low base.

5: If he goes A route, at this point he has Safy (likely A) and Sleuf (A base). Add to that Tina (maybe, she does start with a shit-kickin' E), Sara (B), Salem ©, *maybe* Linoan ©? He's not on GOTTA GO FAST mode, which means time to raise stick ranks.

Do I need to go make a non-Elite mode record for that chapter where I beat it using nothing but Attack and Heal? I'm not saying the shit is *easy*, but you're saying it's *impossible*.

Well, I can only say, that I noticed how out of the way most things are and came to the conclusion that if I didn't know things in advance it would have been difficult, to say the least. If Crash checks all the Gaiden requirements in advance it's a lot less of an issue.

Edited by BrightBow