Rate the Unit, Day 15: Rutger

WTF PWNAGE!

When I compared Rutger to any other Navvare, I came to the conclusion Rutger is the best because he has to fight the best. He's Shiva in a game where Shiva is far and few.

9.5/10

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best boss killer. Has enough speed to double almost anything, enough skill to actually hit a boss on a throne, durable enough, decent str. Honestly his only problems are he hits defense like most the cast, no 1-2 range that doesn't suck, sword lock but you need the accuracy, and no mount. So ya he is arguably the best unit in the game, his only competition comes so much later then him that its hard to compare.

10/10

Rutger is so good that not having a horse doesn't even hurt him.Because FE6 bosses suck dick and Rutger makes them suck significantly less dick with his super critical powers and the ability to, you know, actually hit those fuckers.30%str hurts, but he has a fucking base of NINE (most of the time). You know who else has a base of NINE? MARCUS. This is a man who can be used for a good portion of the game without any growths, so having them at all just makes him BETTER. He's got low luck, but he has no competition for the goddess icons because he makes the best use of them. So unless you're selling them for MORE BOOTS they're his. And you can still tack on a Clarine (and a Dieck if you are willing to slow down a bit) for CEv supports. And enemies can't crit Rutger when they're DEAD.And his durability isn't even shit. It's not holyfuckamazing tank, but he's got pretty high HP and okayish defense and he's not dying in two hits like some other people.And his availability starts in CHAPTER FUCKING FOUR.So 10/10 (+bias because he's a sexy motherfucker but that doesn't fit unless you want to count this 11/10)Because fuck yeah.

This said practically everything I had to say, so count it as my vote too

fe6 SM crit.

Promo gains.

Dem bases.

Growths are decent.

Best foot unit next to Dieck.

Henning, Monke and Gel cry when he comes.

When you have the best PP offense ever, it sorta makes up for meh EP.

10/10

One of the best (if not the best) units in this game. Amazing boss killer and an INSANE crit chance given the proper supports and a KE

10/10 easily

He makes an excellent boss-killer with that crit and supports, but has a swordlock and no mount. And, he refused to gain a single point of Strength on my first playthrough, so -1 bias for that.

9/10 normally, but 8/10 with bias

I don't have much of value to add. Everyone knows why Rutger is amazing. I don't plan to give a perfect score, and it's only because he's sword locked lategame. He's he only melee unit I use aside from Miledy who cannot use axes, and the only one period who's forced into constant wtd against lategame wyverns. The rest of my team typically consists of Alan, Lance, Garret, Gonzales, Percival, sometimes Geese (I know he's really bad), sometimes Noah, usually Echidna. I don't claim to be a paragon for speed and efficiency but I do pretty darn well.

And as other people have noted, Rutger is the best boss killer there is. Most of the time his overkill hit goes to waste but several bosses very nearly need it. I love Gonzales but that man is never killing bosses and when we get around to him, that will be reflected in his score.

Rutger is so good that not having a horse doesn't even hurt him.

Because FE6 bosses suck dick and Rutger makes them suck significantly less dick with his super critical powers and the ability to, you know, actually hit those fuckers.

30%str hurts, but he has a fucking base of NINE (most of the time). You know who else has a base of NINE? MARCUS. This is a man who can be used for a good portion of the game without any growths, so having them at all just makes him BETTER.

He's got low luck, but he has no competition for the goddess icons because he makes the best use of them. So unless you're selling them for MORE BOOTS they're his. And you can still tack on a Clarine (and a Dieck if you are willing to slow down a bit) for CEv supports. And enemies can't crit Rutger when they're DEAD.

And his durability isn't even shit. It's not holyfuckamazing tank, but he's got pretty high HP and okayish defense and he's not dying in two hits like some other people.

And his availability starts in CHAPTER FUCKING FOUR.

So 10/10 (+bias because he's a sexy motherfucker but that doesn't fit unless you want to count this 11/10)

Because fuck yeah.

^this

I find it when you're Rutger, you don't even care about WTD. Who cares about lances when they're dead? Enemy accuracy is terrible and by that I mean he sometimes faces 20-30% WITH WTD, and while it's not impossible that he gets hit, the chances are small enough that not enough are gonna hit to kill. And it's not like you can't take Silver Card and buy him a bullshitton of Killing Edges and watch him have ~70 crit before supports on everything aka Rutger murders the map and doesn't give a fuck.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

9.5/10

It has already been stated way too many times why he's invaluable, but I am going to dock half a point for not having a mount; he's near perfect otherwise -- I can't even mind 30% STR growth with a decent STR promo bonus and 9 base and an early hero crest...also, lol at WTD when you double everything and ORKO almost everything with a killer edge and obscene crit.

9.5/10, loses 0.5 for his slow support growths with Dieck and Clarine. He's still great without them, but things could have been better.

what

Dieck really can't compete with rutger at all

Still, Diecks not a bad option either, but Rutger would be best for those damn bosses.

Dieck has 1-2 range, Rutger has OP'd PP

Still, Diecks not a bad option either, but Rutger would be best for those damn bosses.

Dieck has 1-2 range, Rutger has OP'd PP

You're right about Dieck having 1-2 range, but hand axes have godawful accuracy.

You're right about Dieck having 1-2 range, but hand axes have godawful accuracy.

He's got like 11 skill base and promo gains are like +4 skill.

and then theres the fact that early promoted Dieck can be dropped over in ch 11 echidna route with hand axes to clear out the area.

Still, I'd say Rutger wins through his Bosskilling.

If he had a horse he would effectively have no flaws. As it is, he's a foot unit people seriously call best in game and best in series. And they are right; Rutger has one role - kill otherwise hardened targets utterly dead - and every possible tool in his kit to make it happen. On HM you'd sweat without him; with him, no sweat. And he joins in chapter goddamn 4. 4!

9.9/10. I can overlook his flaws because he is the best there is at what he does, but the flaws exist. They just barely matter.

(not directed at anyone, just random musing)

I feel Rutger actually would not be improved by being in one of the preexisting mounted classes. His entire selling point is being super epic critcal man of bosskilling, and his bosskilling value would drop significantly if he lost that 30% crit that makes up for his mediocre strength growths. So unless there's a secret 30 crit mounted class with 29skl/30spd, whereas many other units could be improved by being stuck into a mounted class instead, SM is pretty much the optimal class for him to be in.