"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

question. how does passing skills on work? do the parents have to know the skills first or does pairing allow them to get specific class sets, allowing them to learn skills on their own?

Each parent passes the last skill currently equipped*. You can use the Skills menu to change this, even if you've already entered the child's side story (just change the skills, save and reload the mission).

Children also inherit both parents sets of classes, where possible. "Where possible" meaning that males don't inherit female only classes and vice versa - there are some class substitutions in this case. See http://serenesforest.net/awakening/characters/children for a list.

Finally, Chrom and some Robin marriage only characters always pass specific skills. Chrom passes Aether to daughters and Rightful King to sons. [spoiler=Spotpass character spoilers]Aversa always passes Shadowgift to Morgan, and Walhart always passes Conquest.

These skills are passed even if they haven't been learned yet.

*If the child would already have the last skill, e.g. both parents have the same last skill or it's one the child starts with due to their class, the game goes up the list until it finds a skill they don't have. If you don't have one equipped you can pass on, you don't pass one.

Edited by Tables

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

What would happen if I played double duel( I think that is what it is called) with someone who didnt have dlc and you used a dread fighter/ bride? I heard it gets replaced with tactician on the others screen( cant back this up since I dont remember where I read this). If so what if you use a axe/lance/bow, which is a weapon tactician cant use?

Edited by Shamison

Do I want to give stat boosters to characters have poor growth in the stat, or should I use them to maximize the stat in characters who do have good growth in the stat?

Do I want to give stat boosters to characters have poor growth in the stat, or should I use them to maximize the stat in characters who do have good growth in the stat?

Give it to whoever needs it most at the time, whenever you're doing nogrind and strapped for paralogues to do for training, yet you REALLY need this one character to surpass a certain threshold beyond what tonics allow.

I usually give all those stat boosters from renown awards to Sumia so she can more easily reach dark flier before chapter 13.

On Lunatic(+), use them either when a tonic won't cut it or if you'd be needing the same tonic several times in a row. On Hard/Normal, use them to get a Magikarp started. For postgame, use them on stats with low growths.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but what is the better skill on a Grandmaster/ Dread Fighter/ Any other class that has equal Magic and Strength. Luna or Ignis? I suppose it depends on the enemy's defense or resistance stat and what will you get out of halving it versus the damage boost you get from Ignis? So yeah, what is generally the better skill for said classes?

Probably Ignis, as it does mean a significant boost in damage even against enemies with shoddy defences, which Luna doesn't improve much.

However, procstacking is a valid option, and Luna/Ignis pairs well together.

I just got a 3ds xl (with typical 4gb sd). Should I get physical copy of awakening or get the digital on eshop with dlc already provided (which is would be $38.50 + the game's cost)? The game alone I heard takes over 1gb, but I'm not that tight on memory since I'm not planning on getting a lot of games. Thanks in advance!

Sorry if this is a really financial question in comparison to others, but I guess this was the closest topic I could find...?

That's a deal right there, assuming they give every DLC to you. I believe all of the DLC came out to be around $80 if you live in the US so you're saving over half on the DLC. I would go for the digital version if that's the case unless you really want the physical copy.

That's a deal right there, assuming they give every DLC to you. I believe all of the DLC came out to be around $80 if you live in the US so you're saving over half on the DLC. I would go for the digital version if that's the case unless you really want the physical copy.

$80? Alone, maybe. Mine cost around $57 with everything in packs.

If that really is $38.50 for all the DLC, that's a fabulous deal and you should definitely go for it. If instead you meant $38.50 + the DLC's cost, it's about the same (the game should cost around that).

The eShop version does have slightly faster saving times than the retail version, but this is really only noticable if you want to play with the voice acting in Japanese because you have to turn it back on every time you power off. Also, with the eShop you can use save backups which are nice in general.

$80? Alone, maybe. Mine cost around $57 with everything in packs.

I was under the impression that the discounts for the packs are over and can only buy them individually. I do have to apologize for making that mistake.

But if they charge you $38.50 for all of the DLC, I would definitely go for it.

Hello,

It's been a long time since I've asked a question in here (I don't know if you can quote a 5 month old post so I won't do that just in case.Thank you Czar_Yoshi for the explanation on Streetpass and a bit about the FE game mechanics/history. I finally managed to set up a team and battle a bunch of people, it's a lot of fun).

I have a few questions, one again on DLC.

I was told here that in a few of the DLCs the Black Knight of PoR and RD would show up, and even have his helmet off. What I want to know, is will it spoil in any way just exactly who he is? I mean, his helmet does come off so you'd think it would! If it does, which DLCs should I avoid?

The only reason right now that I'm really interested in the DLC so much is I can't recruit some of these Avatars I streetpassed since they have DLC classes/Skills on them. It's a real bummer.

Lastly, I keep reading about reknown? What is important about it aside from using your points to buy weapons? If I remember right it also transfers over to your newest file, but I could be wrong about that.

Sorry for the newbie questions, I should be past this stage by now. :T

Oh hey, I remember you. Welcome back!

The BK's helmet does come off but his face is still a standard Avatar build and unless you're both actively in your first PoR playthrough and are good at guessing it won't spoil anything. If you're just playing Awakening now, it has even less of a chance of spoiling something- the BK's alter ego isn't among the Spotpass characters so you've got no chance of accidentally noticing that two characters look alike.

Renown doesn't buy anything, it unlocks things (as in you don't loose it for getting them). Some of these things are really important- you don't get another reliable Second Seal until Cht.8, there's 110,000 worth of gold items in there for getting some early forges and Boots are a non-renewable resource of which you only get one other pair.

Every time you clear Grima your Renown for that file is saved and when you start another file it'll already have that much Renown. If you try to save a smaller amount of Renown than you already have though (make two files, do some grinding on one, save it, then save the other with no grinding) it will lower the saved amount so do keep that in mind.

Oh hey, I remember you. Welcome back!

The BK's helmet does come off but his face is still a standard Avatar build and unless you're both actively in your first PoR playthrough and are good at guessing it won't spoil anything. If you're just playing Awakening now, it has even less of a chance of spoiling something- the BK's alter ego isn't among the Spotpass characters so you've got no chance of accidentally noticing that two characters look alike.

Renown doesn't buy anything, it unlocks things (as in you don't loose it for getting them). Some of these things are really important- you don't get another reliable Second Seal until Cht.8, there's 110,000 worth of gold items in there for getting some early forges and Boots are a non-renewable resource of which you only get one other pair.

Every time you clear Grima your Renown for that file is saved and when you start another file it'll already have that much Renown. If you try to save a smaller amount of Renown than you already have though (make two files, do some grinding on one, save it, then save the other with no grinding) it will lower the saved amount so do keep that in mind.

Hi again! Sorry for the late response, I keep getting busy! I've played through PoR once, I was kind of hoping it'd reveal who he was in that one (so many unanswered questions if you only play PoR in my opinion). I've yet to get my hands on Radiant Dawn, which is why I was really concerned over the Black Knight. Just would suck to have his mystery taken away, you know? As long as it doesn't give me a name to go by or anything I think I should be good, I currently don't have any suspects as to who the Black Knight is right now.

As for Renown, don't you just trade in the points to unlock an item once? Say you decide to trade in your points for the Book of Naga or the Boots. You can only have one of those in your game, right? You can't just use up the Book of Naga or the boots and just keep using your Renown points over and over for them. I'm sorry, I don't think I quite understand the smaller amounts part. Let's say I clear the game with 5000 Renown then go to another file, grind a little and spend so I'm around maybe 3000. If I start a new file, the Renown for the file should be 3000, right? So basically the other files Renowns will overwrite each other, is what I'm getting.

Thanks for the help, I think I'll be getting the DLC once I finish Shin Megami Tensei IV. I heard there was a promotion to get $30 in the eshop because of FE x SMT, it might be over though. Regardless, I've poured a lot of time in Awakening so I'll be getting the DLC with or without promotions. Thanks again for all your help!

Renown isn't spent, it unlocks single-use items. You know how the Bonus Items section works (where Book of Naga is)? It's exactly like that except you can only claim each item if your Renown is at the required level.

You can still only get one of each per file, but getting them doesn't change your Renown.

Renown isn't spent, it unlocks single-use items. You know how the Bonus Items section works (where Book of Naga is)? It's exactly like that except you can only claim each item if your Renown is at the required level.

You can still only get one of each per file, but getting them doesn't change your Renown.

Oh, I'm sorry I kept thinking of them like points. When you say levels it makes a lot more sense. I think I understand now why other people want a higher Renown then, me I was just curious as to how it worked. I rarely ever use it. Thanks for your help again!

No problem.

1,000 Renown is actually enough to get about half the stuff in the box (including a Bullion(L) and Second Seal, both of which are priceless earlygame on higher difficulties). If you don't have that much, I strongly recommend doing a bit of grinding for it- it'll only take 5-10 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the support point per pair cap per chapter really 27? I'm experimenting a little with stuff right now and results would seem to indicate otherwise.

Right now Cynthia and Severa have a C support. On this map, on turn 1 PP they kill one enemy (+6), then proceed to kill 4 more (+24), which would leave them at 30, which goes to the cap, which is said to be 27 by the site. If they do not do anything else together for the rest of the map, they do not reach B. However, if they fight together a little more, then after the chapter I have a B support waiting!

No event tiles were triggered at all in the course of testing.

Edited by Irysa