Whats your childhood video game?

Gold Vanguard

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

came home early every day from school to play seiken densetsu 3 on an emulator

before that was sonic(s), streets of rage, street fighter, mortal kombat, nfl blitz, madden and some random ninja gayme on the sega genesis

also had pokemon etc on gameboy color

but i didn't really stare at pixels 24/7 until i discovered emulators and classic rpgs around middle school, starting with sd3

Edited by CrossKnightsAtFortSilvail

For me it was the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon trilogies, owned by my aunt. I wasn't even in elementary school yet (well, close to, but not yet there) when I first started playing them. Of course I sucked and just saw my aunt play at first, but hey, I still got hooked when I could finally got better and better at it.

Pokemon Gold was the one of my early childhood, but I can't really say yet, I'm only 16, and I still game regularly.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 I'd wager was my first game, others were Streets of Rage 2, Sonic 1 and 3 and eventually Knuckles

Haha, pretty much this. With an addition to one of the NES Mega Man games (I can never remember which one it was I played first) and Super Mario.

And OMG another SoR fan here! The second was my favorite too.

Haha, pretty much this. With an addition to one of the NES Mega Man games (I can never remember which one it was I played first) and Super Mario.

And OMG another SoR fan here! The second was my favorite too.

Heehee it's the only one I owned so it can only be my fav XD

Mario RPG, Illusion of Gaia and Mario All Stars, I remember waiting for my older siblings to come home from school, and then watch my eldest sister play those games.

Also, my mom was big into the Donkey Kong Country series, and time to time, I'd watch her and her best friend play it together if anyone cares.

Mario RPG, Illusion of Gaia and Mario All Stars, I remember waiting for my older siblings to come home from school, and then watch my eldest sister play those games.

Also, my mom was big into the Donkey Kong Country series, and time to time, I'd watch her and her best friend play it together if anyone cares.

Thank you for also playing Illusions of Gaia. You are now one million times cooler in my book.

Illusion of Gaia is freakin' awesome. If only it wasn't so linear... D:

Oh yeah, topic: I don't really have a childhood game, as I was into gaming since I can remember. I remember my parents beating Super Mario Bros. 3 and booting up Super Mario World for the first time.

I guess the most iconic moments for me though, were all of Final Fantasy IV, scenes and fragments from both Final Fantasy VI and Donkey Kong Country, but most of all, the original Final Fantasy I for being so... nifty. Granted, I sucked at it and always chose all fighters to try and bumrush as far as possible... I actually got past the Elfking once, and it was amazing--a whole new thing I've never seen or explored before. Got right into Melmond, saved it, and the next day, data erased.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Suikoden II was probably the most significant, then Pokemon Blue/Silver and some of the older Zelda games (LttP, OoT and MM). I also played a lot of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro.

I was pretty scared to die in video games for a long time though, to this day I still hate the sound that plays when Link faints in LttP. My actual -first- game was the original Doom. My dad bound the fire button to tab, I think, and I'd sit next to him and he'd aim and let me shoot monsters. Lol parenting

Suikoden II was probably the most significant, then Pokemon Blue/Silver and some of the older Zelda games (LttP, OoT and MM). I also played a lot of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro.

I was pretty scared to die in video games for a long time though, to this day I still hate the sound that plays when Link faints in LttP. My actual -first- game was the original Doom. My dad bound the fire button to tab, I think, and I'd sit next to him and he'd aim and let me shoot monsters. Lol parenting

Thanks to you I now remeber the dungeon theme from Link to the past.

That song haunted my childhood.

Word of adivce....don't play it a night!!

Eyegore_%28A_Link_to_the_Past%29.gif

That song makes me imagine these enemies and it is terrifying. Also the boss theme ugghg why. I completely forgot how scary the music is in that game, I've given the faint sound clip too much credit

First game I ever played was Super Mario All-Stars + World, which set the bar pretty high! Thankfully the SNES is the best console ever, so I had no problem finding other games to enjoy just as much. But if I had to pick just one game to live with on a deserted island, it'd be that one.

Pokemon.

1st/2nd/3rd gen were the best.

I remember liking Blastoise, Primeape, Nidoking, etc.

Now come to think of it, I didn't own any until recently, it was always at a friends house. Lol.

Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Snap.

SSBM, Kirby Air RIde.

And there was this one piece fighting game...

I didn't get my first video game until I was 7-8 years old. All the kids on my block got them at the same time, but I was 2 years older than most of them. Anyway, pokemon, although I still play it now....

• 8 months later...