Background update 14 September

VincentASM

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually that's exactly what I expected of serge as you can already see that during the game.

The fact Olivia's in the classic boobs and butt pose means they're clearly going for titillation over anything else. I don't know about you, but that's not what I want for the future of Fire Emblem.

At least the official artist is compositionally sound, unlike most of the DLC artists.

You mean like what the older fire emblems have already done...ok. I don't ever remembering a rule book stating gracefulness can't also have sex appeal.

Actually that's exactly what I expected of serge as you can already see that during the game.

wha

I kinda wanted her artwork to reflect her warriorness rather than the artist going for fanservice.

That's just my two cents though.

wha

I kinda wanted her artwork to reflect her warriorness rather than the artist going for fanservice.

That's just my two cents though.

By expected I mean you could tell her art would be that way based off how it was in the game. I kinda wish it went for her warrior persona as well but you can see that during the game so it doesn't really matter to me as long as its were it matters. I did wish she had more armor on tbh, but it is what it is and doesn't make her any less badass imo. Its not like all the males have battle attire for combat either and most of their artwork has boring art.

The point isn't whether or not the character is sexy. the point is whether or not the picture does anything but sexiness. A picture that is solely sexy has its place, but that place isn't (or at least shouldn't be) a game about shooting magic spells and stabbing dragons. Olivia's character isn't all sexiness all the time, and her art doesn't reflect that at all.

It should if dancing is supposed to boost moral. How else do you think it boost moral when a female dances for man on the field?, its not magical and you could argue that they shouldn't be on the battle field at all when you skill is dancing. I think you guys problem is more so the way the females are drawn in the art than the actual clothing of the characters because some of you are acting kinda like prudes.

I honestly don't see how Olivia's art has the aura of Sonia's "sex appeal all over" artwork.

Despite "dat ass" she still has the "elegance of a dancer" aura. And considering she IS a dancer for the army, she's doing her job in that artwork.

You mean like what the older fire emblems have already done...ok. I don't ever remembering a rule book stating gracefulness can't also have sex appeal.

As far as I know, the old Fire Emblem games didn't have panty shots. And probably not even a breast-butt pose like this one.

And I already criticized the art of past games for sexualisation before we even knew about FE13. So I think I would know if that was the case.

Besides, panties and grace don't mix.

As far as I know, the old Fire Emblem games didn't have panty shots. And probably not even a breast-butt pose like this one.

And I already criticized the art of past games for sexualisation before we even knew about FE13. So I think I would know if that was the case.

Besides, panties and grace don't mix.

To be fair, it looks more like she's wearting a leotard or one piece outfit, which is fairly commonly used in dance.

Also, official art of Leen says hi.

Leen_%28Super_Tactics_Book%29.png

To be fair, it looks more like she's wearting a leotard or one piece outfit, which is fairly commonly used in dance.

There are no visible panties here since the artist had the decency to use an angle that doesn't show anything from her butt.

Edited by BrightBow

That toe ring looks a bit tight, and that... thing, on her left arm, it looks dangerous, like it could cut into her skin or something. Oh, wait, that wasn't what I was supposed to notice.

There are no visible panties here since the artist had the decency to use an angle that doesn't show anything from her butt.

No, instead there's copious amounts of sidebreast, a nice shot of the curvature of her rump, a piece of fabric that looks suspiciously like an erect nipple and a pose that generously thrusts her breasts forward.

Stop being silly.

No, instead there's copious amounts of sidebreast, a nice shot of the curvature of her rump, a piece of fabric that looks suspiciously like an erect nipple and a pose that generously thrusts her breasts forward.

Stop being silly.

I was very specific about my issues with this art for a reason. I already knew how little tissue the FE4 dancers wear. And when I said "breast-butt", I meant poses that have a character twist around in an inhuman way to show of both her butt and breast.

This art obviously puts a lot of emphasis on her breasts but at least her butt is not visible. Besides, it's not much more cleavage then Catria had and she is a fighter.

The point was that the art reached a new low (as in "even lower") and will keep getting lower since we know that there are maid outfits and bikinis heading our way.

Edited by BrightBow

I was very specific about my issues with this art for a reason. I already knew how little tissue the FE4 dancers wear. And when I said "breast-butt", I meant poses that have a character twist around in an inhuman way to show of both her butt and breast.

This art obviously puts a lot of emphasis on her breasts but at least her butt is not visible. Besides, it's not much more cleavage then Catria had and she is a fighter.

The point was that the art reached a new low (as in "even lower") and will keep getting lower since we know that there are maid outfits and bikinis heading our way.

Right. Except Leen's butt is quite clearly visible from the side on, and her breasts are far more prominently displayed and revealed than Olivia's. And that's hardly an inhuman pose. Actual dancers. gymnasts and contortionists can pull off far more insane feats with ease.

I think I can pretty much say that I disagree with you on all essentially all your points, and am cutting this debate between us short before it degrades into namecalling. You can respond to this post and get the last word if you feel like it.

Edited by Onestep