Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might not mean much, but some may be interested in taking a look at this to get some idea on SMT lore.

nbcfvl.jpg

This reminds me of when Shogun appeared in Chaos;Head

Srsly, I think you should point out that all the titles to the right are the relevant ones(excluding DDS 1&2) and SMT If...

Although I'd like to see DDS and Raidou in, they might not be

Edited by Soledai

You know, I kinda missed it before but the trailer is also on the European E-Shop. Doesn't that mean that the game is essentially already decided to be localized?

Two series that are very obscure outside Japan, we don't know anything about the game except the franchises involved but we already know that it's coming over here? That's kinda surprising and I think I could get used to that.

Huh. I just noticed Chiaki there. Maybe Isamu will in this.

...And then end up having to fight

Noah... No... no thank you

Even having Chiaki(assuming she is bad guy) is bad... Baal Avatar was a PAIN

Has anyone said they'd like to see Michalis in this? Cuz I'd want to see that

I'm personally not on good terms with SMT because Devil Survivor Overclocked gave me a bad impression with its "easy" mode that doesn't seem easy to me. In any case, one thing that might be hard to guess is if the grid will be diagonal or straight.

I'm personally not on good terms with SMT because Devil Survivor Overclocked gave me a bad impression with its "easy" mode that doesn't seem easy to me. In any case, one thing that might be hard to guess is if the grid will be diagonal or straight.

Atlus has never been known to make anything easy they are notorious for extremely hard games.

As this one page will show http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ThatOneBoss/Atlus

The police station's computer defense. Which is pretty much immune to just about every element. AND has an attack that can send your entire party into shock, which means your turn won't happen. And this is only about halfway through the game!

Wait wait, that boss was supposed to be hard? >_>

Wait wait, that boss was supposed to be hard? >_>

XD

Yea, I read though that whole list and I was like "huh...", since I don't remember having that much trouble.

It's Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga's list where I can totally nod in agreement. (Though in DDS's case it was freaking Shiva!!!)

For Devil Survivor, I just wanted to speed through Yuzu's path and Belzaboul isn't letting me, which results in me grinding for the moment. dry.gif

Atlus has never been known to make anything easy they are notorious for extremely hard games.

As this one page will show http://tvtropes.org/...atOneBoss/Atlus

Before even Ouroboros, there is Asura. While he carries a weakness to Ice, he has a very annoying skill by the name of Asura Roga. Remember earlier in the sector where much of the Strike Team was affected by the Delphinus Parasite? Well now, it's your turn to experience it firsthand! Asura Roga can affect the entire party with the Rage ailment barely seen anywhere else in the game at all; Rage boosts afflicted party members Attack, but it also causes them to attack randomly either the boss or their allies. Very often the player will find that their own party wiped each other out, or came close enough so that all Asura had to do was essentially sneeze at them to win. Sure, you can spend your turns curing everyone of Rage (assuming the MC isn't affected and has the appropriate items, and/or a demon ally has a skill that cures it), but by the time everyone is healed up, Asura may use it again. While he also carries two more powerful attacks Ashura (powerful random target Physical attack that can hit multiple times) and Black Flame (basically Maragidyne except—again—hitting random targets), both of those tend to be much more bearable than Asura Roga.

Asura in Strange Journey was difficult? Oh please. Just bring a ton of demons with variations of the Bufu and Dia spells with you, and you'll be fine. Or you could do what I did, and somehow gain access to a code for a Level 1 Loki with Jihad, Trisagion, and Bufudyne as attack spells. One Jihad and a few Mabufulas later, and I was just fine. XD

Whoever fails at Asura is a bad person and should feel bad. Ourobouros is also a matter of equipping something that will make you immune to petrify. Now Zelenin.... Uuughhh. The constant healing, self buffing, and unblockable instant kill spells... strategy is pretty much out the window for the fights were it all comes down to not being insta-deathed.

Whoever fails at Asura is a bad person and should feel bad. Ourobouros is also a matter of equipping something that will make you immune to petrify. Now Zelenin.... Uuughhh. The constant healing, self buffing, and unblockable instant kill spells... strategy is pretty much out the window for the fights were it all comes down to not being insta-deathed.

No, Ourobouros is legitimately difficult, and petrify had nothing to do with it. I initially thought it was supposed to be a scripted loss battle because of its insane self-healing skill. Then let's not even talk about its second form.

Also, are you talking Pillar Zelenin or Judge Zelenin? One of these will obviously present difficulties, the other, not so much (in my experience).

I'm with Balcerzak here. Ouroboros was actually difficult. I'll just mention Wave of Death and leave it at that. Asura really relies on the right demons (if you haven't grinded enough to be huge level), so I think it's difficult in that sense, but he's doable.

Zelenin/Jimenez have strategy as well. Get Rangda for Debilitate to nullify their buffs, and if you'd like, you can also get Sleipnir for Luster Candy so you can get big self-buffs of your own. After that, it's basically a battle of endurance.

Edited by Nightmare

I did find Ourobouros hard although the first form I didn't find very difficult at all. The status spamming was a roulette of death, so nulling petrify was paramount or else there was a good chance that you would lose instantly. Even then, you could get hit by any other number of statuses, but losing to petrify is just devastating. However, its healing didn't strike me as being any more difficult than Tiamat. For the most part, it comes down to team composition. Against the bosses past the sector bosses and the Mothers, there doesn't seem to be much strategy to employ beyond making sure you have debilitate/dekaja/luster candy, though the bosses also carry dekaja/dekunda of their own. There's too much an element of luck you can't control once the game gets to a certain point, and there are no more weaknesses to exploit.

I still disagree about Asura being "That One Boss", because he has some clear cut counters.

I've only played the Persona series. That said, going by the announcement trailer it looks like they're going to focus on that department. My reaction to the annoucement was a legitimate headtilt for several seconds.

I also noticed the annoucement brought in a new wave of Persona sigs.

i've been trying to figure out how to get into this series, and apparently SMT is separate from mega10 and the persona series. i'm more familiar with persona b/c i had a friend who was a big fan of the way the characters' relationships develop, which actually sounded cool since it sounded like it could be like supports in FE. anyone care to elaborate on that aspect of that series?

also, can someone briefly explain the differences between those three series? it looks like mega10 hasn't been translated at all online, but the first two japan-only SMT games have been and then the series came over here. i've played part of the first persona game. basically, what game would you recommend for getting into the series? i'm prob. going to go back and try the first SMT game.

thanks in advance.

i've been trying to figure out how to get into this series, and apparently SMT is separate from mega10 and the persona series. i'm more familiar with persona b/c i had a friend who was a big fan of the way the characters' relationships develop, which actually sounded cool since it sounded like it could be like supports in FE. anyone care to elaborate on that aspect of that series?

also, can someone briefly explain the differences between those three series? it looks like mega10 hasn't been translated at all online, but the first two japan-only SMT games have been and then the series came over here. i've played part of the first persona game. basically, what game would you recommend for getting into the series? i'm prob. going to go back and try the first SMT game.

thanks in advance.

Megami Tensei, or megaten, was the original game, based off the novel Digital Devil Story by Aya Nishitani.

Shin Megami Tensei is a spinoff series.

Persona is a spinoff taking in the reality from Shin Megami Tensei if...

Persona 1 and 2 are very different from Persona 3 and 4, and are not for everyone. persona 1 is much more like mainline SMT than any other persona game.

Persona 3 and 4 have the social link system. it grants bonuses to fusing personas based on what rank you are with that particular social link. P3 and P3FES only have links with the female party members, but in P3P and P4 you have links with them all. P4's party links grant bonuses in battle as well.

SMT1,2, strange journey, and persona 1 are first person dungeon crawllers

Personally, i'd suggest Nocturne on the PS2 to get into the series.