Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waaaait. Maybe this has already been noticed and I'm really late, but Marth and Caeda were using their Shadow Dragon art here...

Why not their new mystery art? :C

That plus the fact there is a lack of Jugdral Representation, a thought came to be it could be they only showed what the world's "general" knowledge of the series is.

There are 5 aspects I am the most curious about in this whole thing.

1. The Gameplay and Genre that it ends up being

2. The Plot

3. The Characters Put In [we saw some in the teaser yes but there are probably more]

4. What will be the Music Direction

5. What will be the art direction

Only SMT game I've played is Devil Survivor 2, and I only just started. Rest of my knowledge about it is Persona 4 Areana. I really wasn't expecting this, my best bet about new Fire Emblem on WiiU would have been a new not crossover Fire Emblem announced in half a year.

EDIT: I agree it would be awesome to see Doma in HD.

Edited by FlyingdaveNo.2

Anyone else wondering how the SMT fandom is reacting right now? I'm sure there's a fair amount of crossover between the two groups if these thread responses are anything to go by, but I know virtually nothing about SMT (except that this is God, and he looks pretty cool). As an outsider, its encouraging to see this level of optimism, and I hope that the SMT guys feel similarly.

I also hope that the concept is realized in a way that doesn't feel really dumb. Crossovers are easy to do bad, but they can also be done in a way that compliments the original works, and I remain cautiously optimistic that they'll pull it off.

I DO NOT CARE HOW MANY SOULS I HAVE TO SACRIFICE, I WANT THIS TO COME TO AMERICA!

Ahem. . .the timing of this announcement's interesting, especially given that FE13 is set to hit America in a couple of weeks. I wonder if they're riding the Awakening wave?

Ahem. . .the timing of this announcement's interesting, especially given that FE13 is set to hit America in a couple of weeks. I wonder if they're riding the Awakening wave?

Of course.

I DO NOT CARE HOW MANY SOULS I HAVE TO SACRIFICE, I WANT THIS TO COME TO AMERICA!

This is extremely likely, FE13 is getting all sorts of attention so "The Wave" is bound to get the fire emblem wheels turning faster then before [as we see here]

I can see them mixing some of the Devil Survivor gameplay with Fire Emblems brand of gameplay.

what really stands out though are the mechanics of both franchises. Turns, both gaining and losing them, play a huge role in SMT. . . so one wonders how they will handle that. And Fire Emblem is pretty straight forward with it's stats, and weapon traingle-based combat. While SMT tends to have a rock-paper-scissors base, they tend to play around with weaknesses, resistances and even nullification to absorption in enemy types as well as playable characters.

In the end, something is gonna get lost in translation by combining these powerhouse combat systems. I'm just hoping for instant death spells and perma-death. Come on, you know you want a Lunatic+Maniac difficulty~

Oh, as for the plot, um. . . as long as it isn't X Edge bad, I'm ok with any excuse they have to merge the two franchises lol

Edited by StrategistPockystix

Just saw the update saying this was going to be an RPG, but do sRPGs count as their own Genre or are forced into Strategy or RPG?

PLUS: At least it's not a fighting game :P

In Japan srpg are often referred to as simulation games.