Awakening Localized Name Discovery Thread

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still wondering what they changed it to.

Sumia

"Ribald Tales of the Faith War."

She mentions lots of book names in her C and B, but I'm assuming this is the one in question.

EDIT: And according to google...

Ribald: Referring to sexual matters in an amusingly rude or irreverent way.

So yeah, this is definitely it. Wondering what it'll be called on the spotpass team.

Edited by pichupal

Sumia

She mentions lots of book names in her C and B, but I'm assuming this is the one in question.

So yeah, this is definitely it. Wondering what it'll be called on the spotpass team.

blink.gif What... ...Hopefully they won't call FE4 that... I mean, "Fire Emblem: The Stemma Crusades" would sound much cooler, IMHO...

(Stemma = "family tree" (originally referred to the scrolls containing ancient Roman family genealogies), and well, the 12 heroes are called Crusaders anyway... (and I mean, it's in a medieval setting, so...))

Sumia

I... really hope that's supposed to be IS's idea of a funny corruption... and that it's not the actual name they've chosen for FE4...

EDIT: Double ninja'd!

Edited by Aethin

Zigludo's Descent of the Jihad....

If this was the case, I would have totally paid for copies of FE13 for my friends who didn't get the game just so they could see that.

To spread the word.

Edited by shadowofchaos

What are the rest of the Nonrecruited enemy bosses named in the English version that we haven't seen yet in the name chart nor in the this thread (like the ones we already know like Vincent, Victor, Raimi, Garrick, Orton, etc.)?

Edited by King Marth 64

Random thoughts:

- Judging from IGN's video, I think Einherjar refers to the spirits themselves more than the talismans that summon them? Hmm...

- I'm curious about the names of the Dark Warlords. I feel that they'll be named after numbers, but in a language other than German.

- Asked this before, but is Blazing Sword called so in the Communications menu? I think they may just call it Fire Emblem there, without subtitles.

Sumia

Ahahahhahaha.

It seems that the localization team is fully aware of what FE4 is about.

I was hoping for "Blood of the Crusade", but I guess that's probably a bit dark for a Nintendo game.

I was surprised Nintendo allowed FE4 to be published in the first place, given the story. Post-Kaga IS wouldn't try something that dark (Super Paper Mario and FE13 are nowhere close to that level of darkness). It amused me that this game is rated All Ages by CERO when FE5 and FE13 got a more reasonable 12+.

- Judging from IGN's video, I think Einherjar refers to the spirits themselves more than the talismans that summon them? Hmm...

I believe "spirits" and "talismans" are used interchangeably in the dialogue, because they both refer to the same thing--the past heroes (which gives me a headache when I think of the word "Spirit Talisman"). The Japanese version uses "talisman" most of the time, while it seems the English version prefers "Einherjar".

Just to clarify, the actual 'talismans' themselves are 'cards', and the Einherjar is referring to the spirits themselves, if that helps.

@Enemies: Cervantes is still Cervantes. I'll speed run the game in order to find out the rest of the main chapter bosses in a bit. Off of the top of my head, Gecko from S5 is the same.

Also, I believe the Pedestal of Flames is the Fire Emblem now, if it's referring to the Shield of Seals from the previous game.

Edit:

Bosses:

Chapter 5 boss is Orton.

Chapter 12 boss is Dalton.

Chapter 14 boss is Ignatius.

Chapter 15 boss is Farber.

Chapter 17 boss is Pheros.

Chapter 21 boss is still Algol.

The Chapter 22 boss collection is known as the Deadlords. They are, ordered by their positions given by their names:

Mus, the General.

Bovis, the Bow Knight.

Tigris, the Warrior.

Lepus, the War Cleric.

Draco, the Sniper.

Anguilla, the Dark Knight.

Equus, the Paladin.

Ovis, the Sage.

Simia, the Swordmaster.

Gallus, the Sorcerer.

Canis, the Valkyrie.

Porcus, the Assassin.

Paralogue 9 boss is Ruger.

Paralogue 10 boss is still Nelson.

Items:

Sol is still Sol.

Potions are Tonics, I can confirm that.

Slime is now Mire, I can confirm it.

Classes and Skills:

Walhart's class is named "Conqueror".

The Conqueror skill is now listed as "Conquest".

Edited by Snike

Just a quick note: When I said "..., the X", X is the class of that unit.

Divine Falchion is now the Exalted Falchion.