I called Game Stop today.

Replica Model

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want an Awakening 3DS sequel :D . Is it too early to wish for this?

Not really. The game has been out for almost a year in Japan, I would imagine Intelligent Systems have to be doing something other than just SMTxFE.

Giving gamestop a call around 3 PM, maybe sooner since they usually get shipments around noon or 1 PM.

Fingers crossed. (will rage if they get it but won't sell it)

Well I imagine they were also busy with all the DLC and other minor stuff as well but yeah SMTxFE didn't look like it had much and I'd like to see another 3DS FE game as well... (the quicker the better :D)

Dev team for the games isn't based in America where the localization team is that is busy with the DLC you know.

Not Gamestop, but it's worth noting that Best Buy has swapped the release date to 2/1, and while it's not on the normal site, the mobile site does reflect this. Called the Best Buy closest to me and they noticed that but didn't have the game in yet.

@Shadowofchaos uh, what? so you're saying IS wasn't busy making the DLC for a couple months after FE13 came out? if they actually had it all made beforehand that'd kind of be crap, I expected some of it to be "pre-made" but not all of it

and what does that have to do with the localization team at all?

@B00TE came to the same conclusion, they're aware of the release date change and supposedly people have been notified they can pick the game up yet when called they don't actually have it and no one's actually reported successfully getting it yet

my friend summed it up pretty well (I was hoping to get the game today because GS said they'd have it in today, and they don't get it Sat or Sunday ever, so...)

"I just think this whole thing is way over complicated. It's bugging me. I JUST WANT THE DAMN GAME." - Jacob K.

Well, now I'm sad. I just called the GameStop that I preordered my copy of the game at (I live in Chicago), and they said that due to some technical issues with the shipping, the game is going to be shipped any time between February 5th and February 8th. So I ain't getting the game on release day after all. ;_;

1359738757[/url]' post='2268857']

Not Gamestop, but it's worth noting that Best Buy has swapped the release date to 2/1, and while it's not on the normal site, the mobile site does reflect this. Called the Best Buy closest to me and they noticed that but didn't have the game in yet.

You are talking about the site you see on things like iPads right? Well I just checked and it says 2/4. Release date on best buys site on my iPad.

A friend of mine got an email it was ready to pick up, and then a second email saying he couldn't.

Turns out they got permission to break date, and it's in their systems as such, however, a number of stores don't have stock in. Because the release date is today, the system auto sends out an email saying "It's here!", and then the system at the store he ordered at went "Wait a sec, no it's not!" and sent him the second email.

EDIT: His actual quote about it

What the hell bestbuy. >_>

So 30 minutes ago I got an email saying I could pick it up as the release date has been changed.

Then 20 minutes ago (so basically within 10 minutes) I got an email saying it's in no pick status.

So what I did was call them and apparently what happened is bestbuy got the okay to break release date today, their system even changed to reflect that. This then triggered the auto-responder to tell people they can pick up their game today. But the thing is they haven't received their shipment today yet. So the system knowing its not in stock then proceeded to send out emails saying it's in no pick up status.

I don't think I've ever gone from elation to depression that fast in my life.>_>

Edited by Wheels

So just to be clear, only Best Buy has changed the release to today? I checked GS and it hasn't changed. .....ah well, I guess I'll just have to wait until Monday; I refuse to wait for Tuesday. If it is in stock by then (and SHOULD be) and they refuse to sell it, hell will be raised and heads will roll!

Well, I'm sure none of us will be forgetting about this for a very long time...

Called my Gamestop again today and talked with someone who has been working there for 5 years and she told me that all Gamestops have a contract with USP that orders will arrive at or before 12:00pm. They still gave me the same story that their systems show the release date as 2/4/13 so I should expect it on 2/5/13....

It also seems that I've called enough times for the store to offer to call me as soon as they get the FEA shipment. I know I'm supposed to get an automated message when my pre-orders are ready to be picked up but I've never gotten one when I've pre-ordered in the past so at least this means I don't have to call everyday.

@Shadowofchaos uh, what? so you're saying IS wasn't busy making the DLC for a couple months after FE13 came out? if they actually had it all made beforehand that'd kind of be crap, I expected some of it to be "pre-made" but not all of it

and what does that have to do with the localization team at all?

I thought you meant what the teams were working on right now. I apologize, misread the tense on your post.

Just like you said I'm sure they were busy working on DLC and working on other projects other than FE related things. Like Paper Mario: The Sticker Star for Intelligent Systems.

I don't expect Intelligent Systems to shove out an FE title so soon, especially with SMT x FE coming out for the WiiU.

Hell, the things I'm learning in class right now are about business models of developing software. Some of the crap they go through is freaking stressful... and I'm just reading/getting lectures about it. I'm even MORE scared to imagine to combo that with the business Japanese etiquette I learned a year ago... and the strict requirements that Japanese companies are known for. Geez, no wonder some people die from overwork there.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Reading this thread reminded me of something.

Last summer, I was in New York, and I stopped by the Nintendo World store (truly one of the most amazing stores I've ever been in), and found out they do early releases all the time, typically a day early. That's how I got my hands on Pokémon Conquest.

With all these GameStop and Best Buy shenanigans, what's the Nintendo World store going to do? And why can't I have enough money saved up to go back there again?

^oh okay no problem I was like "lolwut we talkin' bout the same thing here?" XD

@Taiyou

I came to the same conclusion and called a little after 12, with no dice. I'm getting sick of dealing with it but out of paranoia I might call around 8:30 tonight before they close just to make sure they didn't secretly get it. Aside fromt hat I think I'll cancel my pre-order and settle for the bundle and the eShop version; I'm not into waiting several days past a release date to get a game when the damn Canadians get it almost a week early

EDIT: yes iMad

Edited by Burning Gravity

^oh okay no problem I was like "lolwut we talkin' bout the same thing here?" XD

@Taiyou

I came to the same conclusion and called a little after 12, with no dice. I'm getting sick of dealing with it but out of paranoia I might call around 8:30 tonight before they close just to make sure they didn't secretly get it. Aside fromt hat I think I'll cancel my pre-order and settle for the bundle and the eShop version; I'm not into waiting several days past a release date to get a game when the damn Canadians get it almost a week early

EDIT: yes iMad

You mean you're going to switch your pre-order to the bundle and just play the eShop version on a different 3DS until you get your order?

Okay, I was able to use Gamestop's website to see if any here had FE: Awakening yet, but none within a 100 mile radius do. So no early release for NC...yet.

That will only show you if they have any on the shelves (meaning it will only show the games that haven't been claimed by pre-orders). I wouldn't expect the GS search to show anything for about a week at least seeing as most of the Gamestops will be getting their next FEA shipment around next Friday.

Okay, I was able to use Gamestop's website to see if any here had FE: Awakening yet, but none within a 100 mile radius do. So no early release for NC...yet.

...That is a thing. I never really realized that's actually the best way to check.

Edited by Diortem

That's why I usually don't pay for my preorders right away. So I'm not out of any money if I want to cancel it. I only completely paid for my 3DS bundle on the day of preorder because I know I'd NEVER cancel that. <3

Also, I thought about that search only meaning there aren't any games on the shelf, but I also thought that the stores couldn't have sold out THIS fast. I doubt everyone looking to get the game here would even know of an early release anyway.