This "Guide to Marriage and Inheritance in FE Awakening" on Tumblr written by "Fire Emblem Awakening Experts"...

Zerker

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some misconception here

Cynthia - let's get this out of the way first. Every fucking cynthia is fucking amazing. She has downright the best skillset for apotheosis off Sumia alone. However fred!cynthia IS the worst cynthia. Frederick mods put Cynthia at +2 which is the same as Cordelia(which is lacking for Dark Flier. Sumia barely reach 45+ area with AS+ 2 as a Dark flier)

The best cynthia is Gaius because Vantage and Sol. However, Gaius is needed elsewhere for moar Galeforce and he is a good father to boot. Henry sucks, so Henry is the ideal choice because Cynthia is already too good, Henry's class set did not bother her much. In return, Cynthia still get Valkyrie and Assassin off Henry

Frederick is arguably one of the better father for Yarne. This allow Yarne to skip skill selection off Wyvern tree, and +2 speed is NOT lacking when you have Assassin and Zerker. Also Taguel sucks. Why bother

Also saying Libra x Tharja is bad is actually terrible

Massive class overlap all for.... Loltomefaire

Well, if she's getting Galeforce from her mother, then with Cynthia there's no need to have her need to get it, so there's not really much point in making her a Dark Flier unless she's going to be glued to Laurent or a +magic Male Avatar. I love Frederick!Cynthia because while that Cynthia makes an excellent Falcon Knight, she's an AMAZING Griffon Rider/Wyvern Lord.

That strength.

At least with Frederick!Yarne, if he develops a speed issue the thief class can fix it. I think there's only one/two characters that are absolutely SCREWED if they don't get enough speed because their reclass options can't help it.

And the only real plus to Libra x Tharja is A) Renewal, B) Best Bride in the game, natch.

Alright, for Cynthia. . .

Chrom - Auto-Aether is peachy, as is giving herself a potential Bowbreaker/Cavalier line.

Avatar - LOL, YOU DON'T NEED MY ADVICES

Frederick - You have a problem with Luna/another flying line on top of durability? Didn't think so.

Gaius - Uh, she'll have a lot of speed to her name, as well as the thief/myrmidon line and Sol (NOT COUNTER, GAIUS HAS LOUSY DURABILITY).

Henry - She can dip into the Dark Mage line, and have some thieving utility as well. Miracle/Wrath/Vengeance is pretty gimmicky, IMO.

I think that's everyone Sumia can shack up with. Frederick gives her the best options, IMO, as she'll end up with the best skills (Luna, Deliverer, and a couple of breakers). Gaius makes her the Queen of On-Hits and Swords (she'll have Sol, Astra, Lethality, and Swordfaire, and that's not counting what Sumia gives), Henry turns her into the Trick Pony (Miracle/Wrath/Vengeance with Nosferatu, any questions?), Chrom turns her into a fairly reliable flying unit (Bowbreaker), and lolAvatar.

Eclipse speaks the truth.

It's not about Cynthia being bad, it's about Gaius doesn't giving her anything important and being needed on others places. He's like one of the best fathers for at least 4 different children. A cynthia fathered by him is actually great, but he's really needed elsewhere.

Nah, Noire, Kjelle, Yarne, Brady, Laurent, all like Gaius as well, especially the first 2, which are always the ones I give him to.

Aside from the Avatar, Gaius is the only potential husband of Sumia that can pass down Sol to his daughter, which is definitely really nifty. I do agree that Gaius can definitely give better opportunities to Nah, Noire, and Kjelle, though, since he'll give them the Pegasus knight class.

And Gaius!Brady is good? How so?

Wait Tharja x Libra is bad?

Libra doesn't give Noire the best class set to choose from.

This person is screwing over a lot of people who have never played this game. This is another guide he made.

http://askafireemblemexpert.tumblr.com/bestclasses

The biggest issue is he's telling you to keep panne and yarne as taguels. Rather than sorcerror Miriel you should go with sage. Rather than hero or falcon knight or literally any useful class severa should be an assassin.

It's not the worst guide I've ever seen; I sometimes use Libra x Tharja for high magic and sage/sorcerer/dark knight access. The biggest thing is Virion x Sully. The only people who use that are people who took their dialogue in C1 way too seriously. Virion is only good with Olivia, and Sully is best with Vaike or Donnel. Now, when I do pairings, I focus on the mods, but I don't completely ignore classes. This guide seems to completely ignore class access and focus entirely on mods. To make the best pairings, you have to balance out stats, classes, and skills.

Edited by Duck

This person is screwing over a lot of people who have never played this game. This is another guide he made.

The biggest issue is he's telling you to keep panne and yarne as taguels. Rather than sorcerror Miriel you should go with sage. Rather than hero or falcon knight or literally any useful class severa should be an assassin.

I always have Yarne as a beserker. I also use hero Inigo and Severa. Kjelle as a swordmaster or assassin? Ummmmm... what?

That's because that second guide is based off of his first one.

That's lovely.

And that explain Assassin!Severa since in his guide it seems that Gaius is Severa's father.

I can sort-of understand Sage!Miriel, as with any luck she'll probably outclass the game's two healers in healing ability/range, but that's really it.

I would rather have him as a Great knight though. There are some that are okay but there are quite a few I disagree with.

Mentions DLC characters. Lists Gangrel,Walhart and Emm.

and not Yen'Fay Priam or Aversa.

Proves how you should take this guide, with a grain of salt.

Can someone just link them to this thread in their comments or whatever section? I'll be hilarious to make them realise how horrifically wrong they are - or even better, try and defend their views.

Can someone just link them to this thread in their comments or whatever section? I'll be hilarious to make them realise how horrifically wrong they are - or even better, try and defend their views.

Can't send links in asks, and as far as I can tell, the "guide" itself isn't rebloggable. Else I'd have done so.

In all fairness, it's not that bad for the time it was created in, back in the dark ages of optimization when modifiers reigned supreme, and nobody knew that Luna existed. Chrom and Panne are pretty accurate, and Nowi and Cherche aren't bad.

Sully and Tharja are both flat-out wrong, but Kjelle is one of those kids where most of her parenting options are terrible, and Noire isn't much better in that regard. Miriel's kind of iffy, but Ricken is decent for her.

In all fairness, it's not that bad for the time it was created in, back in the dark ages of optimization when modifiers reigned supreme, and nobody knew that Luna existed. Chrom and Panne are pretty accurate, and Nowi and Cherche aren't bad.

Sully and Tharja are both flat-out wrong, but Kjelle is one of those kids where most of her parenting options are terrible, and Noire isn't much better in that regard. Miriel's kind of iffy, but Ricken is decent for her.

Can't really say it's dark ages though. "Endgame's" layout which is pretty heavily mods focused is optimal. Of course, this ain't it.

Cherche would be spot on if choice 1 is Vaike and choice 2 is Fred instead of Vaike-Stahl.

Vaike!Gerome is still beastly. (Although it's not just +7 STR. It's +7 STR, Axefaire access... And access to a class with a 50 STR cap. So effectively 62 STR before Limit Breaker. On a guy who will never lead. Ever. So all he really cares about is doing good damage. DG+ if possible but 'zerk and GK don't coexist on him without MU....)

Chrom is spot on.

Panne forgot Fred.

Nowi's not necessarily optimal with Donnel.

Ricken/Miriel is -meh- at best and is only really there for +10 Mag/Agg Morgan.

Eh, full view on that:

Chrom: Good. Olivia is preferred.

Sumia: Wrong, mostly because Henry, and Gaius is needed else where. (Note on inheritence: Sol from Gaius is -meh- as Cynthia will be using Luna. Sol is bad.)

Olivia: Good that it mentions Chrom first. Wrong otherwise as Inigo wants Luna, and stands nothing to gain from L'Q. Gaius is a complete waste on her.

Maribelle: ...meh. Brady's preset to be good. Henry isn't that great on her. Libra is meh. Either stack some speed or Mag. Like Cynth, Brady only cares about mods.

Corde: Gaius is a complete waste on her. L'Q is great though. Misses mention of Stahl, but, even then... >_>;;

Lissa: Mentions Libra and Henry, which is good. Doesn't say why though: Vengeance. Ricken is also a common use here, due to Luna. Depends on how you play though (I prefer Libra/Lissa for Vengeance/Vantage Owain)

Sully: Total Failure. No mention of Donnel, who is by far her most optimal partner. Henry is also a good choice for being out of the box, but superior with tanking ability.

Panne: Solid all around, but didn't mention Frederick, who is GREAT as Yarne's father.

Nowi: Donnel!Nah is alright at best. Kellam!Nah is still great. No mention of Stahl (yes, Stahl. That's a Vantage/Luna) or Gregor.

Miriel: Laurent wants 1 thing: Vantage. Ricken is alright on him, especially if you're planning on marrying the Laurent, but meh. Henry and Libra Laurent suck. Other than that... >_>;;

Tharja: Total Failure again. Libra/Tharja sucks. Ricken!Tharja did get a mention, and that's fairly good, but other than that... >_<;;

Cherche: First Choice is Vaike. Good. Enough said.

MU: I approve of that entire statement.

Could someone tell me the problem on Sumia x Frederick?

Honestly, I do think they are pretty good for each other.

Cynthia' Skill Set:

Galeforce

Limit Break

Luna

Dual Guard +

- N/A

Pretty good, imo.

EDIT: I would pair Sumia with Chrom if I don't already have him paired with Olivia.

Edited by Game Over

Could someone tell me the problem on Sumia x Frederick?

Honestly, I do think they are pretty good for each other.

Cynthia' Skill Set:

Galeforce

Limit Break

Luna

Dual Guard +

- N/A

Pretty good, imo.

EDIT: I would pair Sumia with Chrom if I don't already have him paired with Olivia.

It's not so much that he's bad with her, it's that he's needed/wanted elsewhere.

Cynthia stands nothing to gain from his set that she doesn't already have besides Aegis, really. She comes with a solid set as-is, and doesn't need or want what he can give.

LB, Luna, DG+, -faire (tome or lance), Galeforce are things she can get on her own.

I object on Frederick making a good Yarne... hard.

objection.jpg

Seriously, Taguels are all about speed, and Frederick has a -2 SPD modifier.

That is not a good thing!

Ive had a decent Fred!Yarne before but it involved a lot of grinding.

A Virion!Kjelle gains nothing to be honest so that just...

Placing Gaius with girls that already offer the best class/skill choice that Gaius passes down is also silly. Gaius goes well with ladies like Sully and Tharja who dont pass down pegknight to their daughters.

Best for Nowi is Avatar. Dat Nah!

Lissa's options in that guide are ok but not spectacular. Their guide for Maribelle is lulz though seriously.

No-grind runs are popular, and most of those same people make sure Noire, Kjelle, and Nah get PegKnight, just for Galeforce? Are they really talking 25 levels of grinding? That logic makes no sense to me.

Generally optimal pairings implies postgame. Ingame, you pair whichever very small set of males you're using with whatever very small set of females you're using and don't care much for the kids.

Generally optimal pairings implies postgame. Ingame, you pair whichever very small set of males you're using with whatever very small set of females you're using and don't care much for the kids.

OHH. Okay, that makes sense now! 8D; Thanks for the explanation!

"Keep in mind -while based on extensive experience, these pairings/inheritance options are still tailored to my particular playstyle and, as such, should be taken with a grain of salt."

"Keep in mind -while based on extensive experience, these pairings/inheritance options are still tailored to my particular playstyle and, as such, should be taken with a grain of salt."

Universal Disclaimer in a guide does not diffuse scrutiny of a guide.