I guess I always just preferred the GBAFEs because I preferred the animations and the way the game looked, as stupid as that sounds.

FEDS games never "grabbed" me the same way GBAFE did. Maybe it was the lack of character development (not to beat a dead horse) or maybe it was the way they did the weapon triangle. I'll admit that dodging in the GBA games was pretty broken, as it was relatively easy to have a dodge tank character put in work and take out a majority of the map's units, but in the DS games I almost never have a character dodge. From my own experience, it really slows down the way I have to play, which isn't very enjoyable to me.

I definately wouldn't say I hate the FEDS games, because I love the series so much, but in comparison to the rest of the series, I can't find myself replaying them over and over again.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Othin- the game was made with the Prologue in mind. Would you rather start the game with everyone as a scrub in Ch1 in Lunatic?

I'd rather be able to start at Ch1 with the characters at appropriate levels. A bit of auto-leveling like if you skip Lyn's Mode in FE7 could easily make that happen.

11 is not that great, but i like it better now then i did before

12, is great,

my big issue is the way avoid and hit are handled, theres to to little dodging

Edited by Cyron

fe12 bores me, honestly. The prologue pretty much kills any enthusiasm i had to actually play the maingame.

fe11's fine, probably among my favourites.

Yeah, pretty much this for me too. I feel like I should like FE12, but ughhhh...

people dont like shadow dragon because of lack of story and character development, but if you're looking for that you're playing the wrong series

Not everyone can be a Sonic fan, Horace!

The only thing separating fe from any other strategy series is that you're supposed to be controlling an army full of characters that aren't each totally faceless, and hopefully actually have something to them.

The characters are actually kind of important

But it's not like most characters really have that much development or even do that much in the story.

They're remakes, one being the remake of a game that's already been remade, which is why my opinion on both isn't exactly high, with FE11 at the bottom of the barrel with FE7. FE12 is pretty average for me as far as FE games go.

Also I'm not fond of reclassing, MU doesn't "wow" me, missing characters because you didn't kill yours isn't a very good reason and as a whole they could've introduced more stuff to the old classics like skills, defense maps, etc.

I guess they introduced harder difficulties into the game which is enjoyable enough sometimes.

Edited by Woodshooter

I haven't had a chance to play FE12, but I know the story. Anyway...

Shadow Dragon's story is more developed than people give it credit for. I personally like it a lot better than FE3/12's. The script is simple and subtle, and I don't know about everyone else, but I have fun with creating personalities for the characters. I love the user interface, the soundtrack, and savepoints (Awakening, why do you have no savepoints?). The game plays rather smoothly for me. I don't see why people complain about the animations when you can turn them off.

All in all, I can see why people would complain about it (lol Gaiden requirements), but I think FE11 is seriously underrated.

Edited by Crizix

Shadow Dragon is the worst piece of shit that I've ever had the opportunity to play (let alone put in my DS). As for New Mystery, I haven't played it, but from what I've heard about it (specifically that "ninety-five per cent of the cast are entirely worthless") leads me to believe that it's not much better.

people dont like shadow dragon because of lack of story and character development

I hate the game for entirely different reasons than it's lack of character development or story (neither of which I care about).

It doesn't force you to sacrifice people...you don't have to kill off your units if you don't want to.

Unless you are playing on Normal, in which case sacrificing someone in the prologue is mandatory.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Since when do people hate FE12? I mean, I'm not hugely fond of it, as evidenced by the fact that I stalled it and haven't seen it since over a month ago, but I mostly hear good things about it.

Shadow Dragon, though, just isn't very good. It's totally bland and forgettable.

Theres something about Shadow Dragon's interface that make it unenjoyable. This same thing can be said for Sacred Stones

you know, now that I think about it FE12's interface is also massively superior to FE11's

another reason for the vast difference in opinions between the two

Since when do people hate FE12? I mean, I'm not hugely fond of it, as evidenced by the fact that I stalled it and haven't seen it since over a month ago, but I mostly hear good things about it.

Shadow Dragon, though, just isn't very good. It's totally bland and forgettable.

since PKL said so, of course :Kappa:

i have no idea what people are talking about with fe12's interface being better, they've always felt the exact same to me.

Hmm, is it because the prologue is like a puzzle? I find the Prologue one of the most enjoyable parts of the game.

it's too linear and you really just lack options on higher difficulties, and honestly it just feels like a massively drawn out tutorial

@ Othin- the game was made with the Prologue in mind. Would you rather start the game with everyone as a scrub in Ch1 in Lunatic?

fe3 started on chapter 1, they could easily have done it here.

i have no idea what people are talking about with fe12's interface being better, they've always felt the exact same to me.

it looks smoother, each part of the top screen (stats/inventory/weapon ranks/etc.) meshes well, unlike FE11 which looked sort of blocky

dunno how to explain it really, just an aesthetic feel

What the Fox said.

+SacrificeyourunitstotheDarkGodforGaidenChapters dislike

I like FE12.

I like it enough to praise it... but not to finish it. Or at least, I'm just procrastinating. Simply because FE13 has my soul... asleep or awake.

Edited by shadowofchaos

What the Fox said.

I like FE12.

I like it enough to praise it... but not to finish it. Or at least, I'm just procrastinating. Simply because FE13 has my soul... asleep or awake.

make a female MU named Olivia, you'll finish it

FE11 is ok, I enjoyed it enough there was good writing when the writing existed. The characters while kinda blank other then the few backstories we know, were enjoyable as well because alot of us have made our own headcanon versions of the characters.

FE12... Ehhhhhhhh that long ol prologue, seriously it drains me before I even get to the main game. While FE12 has the best uses for my 2 favorite classes Swordmaster and Sniper, that prologue drains me wayyyyy too much. It's a fun game don't get me wrong, I'd just rather play the others. It was really well done for a revamp of Book 2 though. But it started a new trend that I dislike with a passion, the MU/Avatar stuff.

...why do so many people hate the DS games? Is it a bandwagon? Is it because they blame Shadow Dragon for almost making the series die? Is it because of the sales? is it because they're remakes? I honestly don't understand the hate. I personally enjoy both DS games so much. Mostly because their gameplay and difficulty are top-notch. The interface of it all is so sleek and awesome, with the top screen showing your character's stats and can be switched to a mini-map on the press of a button. The OST of both games is amazing. The multiple difficulties make them pretty challenging and replayable. Is lack of supports really that big of a deal when the rest of the game is so good, gameplay-wise?

Really boring maps. The maps are bland, you feel like you're always in the same grey-green field, the level design is blah, with small numbers of enemies spread over way too big a map. Many of the classes are completely useless and you'd never want to reclass to them (like Archer or Dark Mage). 99% of the enemies you fight are cavaliers, archers and knights. Most of the levels, you can just warpskip, and none of them are actually interesting enough to stick around and play through, so I find myself warpskipping... just because I wanted the game to end.

This all applies to FE11, btw.

But it started a new trend that I dislike with a passion, the MU/Avatar stuff.

My Unit is kind of broken, if you ask me.

I read somewhere on this site that there were plans to start the My Unit thing in SD. I can't help but wonder how different the game would be if they did.

I'm biased towards FE11 because it was my first sooooooo...

That and it has Horsemen which are my favorite class ever.

FE12 is middle ground for me. The prologue is pretty drawn out. But they added of because lolMU, which I can rant about a other day. FE12 was enjoyable the first 2? times I played mainy because I can kill Medeus in FE12 with WRYYYYYYYS and Maria, but it is not my favorite by a long shot. Though it isn't my least favorite

Edited by Rikiya Busujima