Lon'qu!Severa

Henry!Cynthia

Libra!Brady

Gaius!Noire

Donnel!Kjelle

Ricken!Owain

Stahl!Yarne

Gregor!Laurent

[Libra!Brady, Ricken!Owain, Gregor!Laurent] x [Henry!Cynthia, Gaius!Noire, Olivia!Lucina] -- any sage x dark flier will do.

Gerome!Morgan x Donnel!Kjelle -- Paladin!Kjelle for +str pairup.

Chrom!Inigo x Lon'qu!Severa -- utter destruction

Kellam!Nah x Stahl!Yarne -- worst kids together

With so many magical males it would behoove you to have more magical ladies, but I'm not sure how that would be achieved since you're not interested in making changes.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any idea as to final classes/skills you want on them?

Ah! That would be important, yes? I'm still deciding (Read: asking around due to my own laughable lack of experience with the series), though a few of them will be a Dark Flier at least once for Galeforce. I suppose that doesn't help.

I'm making Gerome into a Berserker. The others? I haven't any idea. I like Lucina having Falchion, but is Great Lord a good choice?

This pairing set was made with some of my desires and the help of a statistically-inclined friend, and we never discussed the final classes. I can go ahead and list the inherited skills, if it helps!

[spoiler=Inherited Skills]Inigo: Galeforce, Rightful King

Owain: Galeforce, Luna

Yarne: Swordbreaker, Vantage

Laurent: Tomefaire, Vantage

Morgan: Galeforce, [undecided]

Nah: Swordbreaker, Renewal

Severa: Galeforce, Astra/Vantage (undecided; probably Vantage)

Cynthia: Galeforce, Counter

Brady: Galeforce, Tomefaire

Noire: Luna, Vantage

Gerome: Axefaire, Renewal

Kjelle: Swordfaire, Armsthrift

Ah! That would be important, yes? I'm still deciding (Read: asking around due to my own laughable lack of experience with the series), though a few of them will be a Dark Flier at least once for Galeforce. I suppose that doesn't help.

I'm making Gerome into a Berserker. The others? I haven't any idea. I like Lucina having Falchion, but is Great Lord a good choice?

Well, knowing what classes you want them to be goes a long way toward optimizing your pairings. Donnel!Kjelle and Gaius!Noire are pretty pigeonholed, and the boys without Galeforce just have to live with it, but they and the other children can fill virtually any role. As a rule of thumb, Dark Flier/Sage is best option for magical F/M children, and Assassin/Bow Knight/Hero being best for physical kids.

And even for the role you have picked, (Berserker!Gerome) you could do better than Vaike. Gregor and Henry each provide Berserker along with a larger class pool for the price of 1-2 Str and 1 Spd. Also consider Kellam!Nah, who is basically predestined to be a pure physical wall Manakete. Yet with Vaike as a father she could take Axefaire and go Hero, or stay as a Manakete and have better magical coverage thanks to Sol keeping her healthy (all while retaining Pavise).

Basically what I'm trying to say is that picking your pairings should be one of the last things you decide. However, I understand if that simply requires more effort than you are willing to put in.

[spoiler=Inherited Skills]Inigo: Galeforce, Rightful King

Owain: Galeforce, Luna

Yarne: Swordbreaker, Vantage You probably want deliverer.

Laurent: Tomefaire, Vantage

Morgan: Galeforce, [undecided]

Nah: Swordbreaker, Renewal I'd say follow Meteor's advice here.

Severa: Galeforce, Astra/Vantage (undecided; probably Vantage)

Cynthia: Galeforce, Counter

Brady: Galeforce, Tomefaire

Noire: Luna, Vantage Definitely sol or counter.

Gerome: Axefaire, Renewal DS+ over renewal.

Kjelle: Swordfaire, Armsthrift Aptitude could be cool since she can get AT herself.

Thoughts are above.

And Meteor is right, Vaike!Nah is great, but I'd say Frederick over Gregor (To keep Gregor!Laurent) and Henry (To keep Dark Flier Henry!Cynthia) and Freddy gives paladin and good stuff like luna and DG+.

Anybody know what to do with a Virion!Kjelle and a Libra!Noire?

My specialties! :D Even though I asked for help myself on the former.

Kjelle gets most of her good skills from her mother, although Lifetaker is nice to pass along to her or Tomefaire/Bowfaire is she's going to be strictly a support unit.

If Kjelle's strong enough to tank, then you may want to go Assassin or Paladin (or Great Knight if you want to stick to original class trees) and equip Lifetaker, Luna, Vantage, Aegis and Pavise. Vantage and Luna will increase her killing capabilities, therefore enabling her to use Lifetaker to heal, while Aegis and Pavise will decrease the damage taken. If her avoid rate is high enough, you can also probably get away with replacing either it or PavGis with Limit Breaker, if you have it.

If you'd rather have her be a support unit than Bow Knight or Dark Knight are great options. She also has Sage if you want a magical Kjelle, which you can gladly use. For Bow Knight, her best skills would be Bowfaire/Swordfaire/Deliverer/Dual Guard+ and a filler skill to be replaced by Limit Breaker or something else of your choice. A Dark Knight support is the same, except replace Bowfaire with Tomefaire.

As for Libra!Noire... if you have the Bride Class, USE IT. I think out of all the times I've made Noire a Bride, Libra!Noire was the very best... and Noire's already an amazing bride as is. For a supporting/staffbot Noire the best skills for her would be Healtouch, Bowfaire, Bowbreaker (make her an anti-sniping unit), Luna and a filler skill of your choice, to be replaced by Limit Breaker if you have it. She could potentially run something more offensive with a similar skill set - replacing Healtouch with Vengeance or Pavise.

If you don't, that's fine as well. She makes a great Sage or Dark Knight thanks to her parents magic, and so for that she would want Tomefaire, Tomebreaker, Luna, Vengeance and a filler for Limit Breaker if you have it. (Limit Breaker is pretty important for Apo and other challenging DLCs).

Libra!Noire should be sage or sorc. Virion!Kjelle should be assassin, paladin, bow knight, sage or dark knight. You can make any of these work.

EDIT: Alright, so my brother just came up with his pairings for his main file based on my past ones and some other stuff. He wants me to post them here, though I already gave him some help...

Chrom x Olivia (Best non-MU father for Inigo, Vantage on Lucy)

MU x Tharja (His favorite, and galeforce maximizing)

Libra x Lissa (VVW nosferatu setup)

Lon'qu x Maribelle (I'm assuming fast vantage sage)

Donnel x Sully (Obvious)

Frederick x Sumia (Tanky Paladin!Cynthia)

Vaike x Cordelia (Severa with high STR and luna)

Henry x Cherche (Dread fighter/Dark knight support unit)
Stahl x Panne (Pretty sure he wants a zerk, but I'll ask sometime)

Gregor x Miriel (Obvious)

Gaius x Nowi (Galeforce maximization)

Edited by Duck

Chrom x Olivia (Best non-MU father for Inigo, Vantage on Lucy)

MU x Tharja (His favorite, and galeforce maximizing)

Libra x Lissa (VVW nosferatu setup)

Lon'qu x Maribelle (I'm assuming fast vantage sage)

Donnel x Sully (Obvious)

Frederick x Sumia (Tanky Paladin!Cynthia)

Vaike x Cordelia (Severa with high STR and luna)

Henry x Cherche (Dread fighter/Dark knight support unit)

Stahl x Panne (Pretty sure he wants a zerk, but I'll ask sometime)

Gregor x Miriel (Obvious)

Gaius x Nowi (Galeforce maximization)

He could sub in Ricken for Panne to free up Stahl for Severa. It sounds weird, but it's basically Stahl!Yarne that lets you put Stahl elsewhere if you need to and the only other kid who would really like to have him would be Owain,(maybe Inigo/Severa too) and I see he already has plans for that.

Doing that can let you do a shuffle of Vaike to Cherche and Henry to Sumia if he wanted, (and I guess Fred/Panne if Ricken's low strength is a dealbreaker) though I don't know if he specifically wants Cynthia to have Pavise/Aegis. Kind of tempted to say that it's a waste there since she already has Luna and Fred kills her speed, but it's still pretty good.

Besides Fred!Cynthia (stupid Sumia...) I actually quite like that setup. Looks like there is going to be an overabundance of magical males if she goes physical, unless Owain goes physical too. Here's one alternate rotation I'd like to suggest, which I think leaves a couple kids slightly better off.

Gregor x Cherche (keeps Berserker, loses Sorcerer, gains AT)

Henry x Sumia (keeps existing, gains mods)

Frederick x Panne (keeps Paladin, loses Vantage, gains Wyvern)

Stahl x Miriel (keeps VV, loses AT)

Is Lucy!Morgan really that good? It seems statistically inferior (Miriel words, FTW!) to some of the other secnd gens!Morgan. Like Maribelle!Lucy!Morgan can be replaced by Noire!Morgan, or Sumia/Olivia!Lucy!Morgan can be replaced by Cynthia/Severa!Morgan. I use second gen Morgan because I want Inigo as a son, but with all the MaMU x Lucy users out there I just thought of it.

Blue hair.

Some people like Aether, which is certainly a nice skill. I aim for a mix of supports I like and optimal pairings (at least for characters I care about), so while it's probably not the optimal 3nd-gen Morgan, I do it anyways.

Olivia!Lucina!Morgan >= Any!Cynthia!Morgan, I think, although she can be faster. While Lucina!Morgan could be replaced by the other two (Severa/Cynthia), they're very close, usually.

Honestly, for optimization I think Morgan (M) is probably superior.

Blue hair.

Some people like Aether, which is certainly a nice skill. I aim for a mix of supports I like and optimal pairings (at least for characters I care about), so while it's probably not the optimal 3nd-gen Morgan, I do it anyways.

Olivia!Lucina!Morgan >= Any!Cynthia!Morgan, I think, although she can be faster. While Lucina!Morgan could be replaced by the other two (Severa/Cynthia), they're very close, usually.

Honestly, for optimization I think Morgan (M) is probably superior.

I agree completely.

On another note, Magic Inigo. Is it good? It seems like he would only be used as a sorc tool, and I would hate to reduce my favorite child to that level. It seems to me like the only benefit is Libra!Inigo has pretty epic hair (But I fixed that with blonde MaMU).

I agree completely.

On another note, Magic Inigo. Is it good? It seems like he would only be used as a sorc tool, and I would hate to reduce my favorite child to that level. It seems to me like the only benefit is Libra!Inigo has pretty epic hair (But I fixed that with blonde MaMU).

Well, he already starts with Galeforce, Vantage and Armsthrift out of the box, top tier skills no matter what your class is.

While most magical Inigos are used as Sorcerers, (Armsthrift Aversa, hurr durr) he can make a pretty viable Sage as well, since the higher caps and staff access makes up somewhat for the special dark tomes. (The important one is Celica's Gale, and either one can use that) He'll want a father who can pass down Great Knight for Luna though, just to get that much more of a punch on his attacks. Ricken or Kellam would be ideal.

Edited by HeoandReo

Can you please stop using the phrase 'sorc tool'?

Alright, fine. I just find sorcerers to be overrated so I never use them (And complain openly about them). If I was annoying, I'm sorry.

Anyway, I find Libra!Inigo to be pretty viable as a sage, plus hair color.

It can work, but I don't see the point since there are already more males who can fit the magical role than females who want a magical partner.

This I completely agree with. I prefer not using Libra, but he's best on Owain, because I prefer physical Inigo. Also, it's problematic that the only magical females I have are Noire and Morgan, and Morgan will probably go hero like her brother anyway to use the +2 STR and +4 SKL passed down from MaMU.

Chrom x Sumia
MU x Laurent
Lon'qu x Maribelle
Ricken x Miriel
Donnel x Sully
Gaius x Tharja
Libra x Olivia
Stahl x Cordelia
Frederick x Panne
Henry x Cherche
Vaike x Nowi

Sage!Lucina - Galeforce, Dual Strike+, Tomefaire, Luna, Limit Breaker
Sage!Morgan - Vantage, Limit Breaker, Vengeance, Tomefaire, Galeforce

Vantage Vengeance on one side of the map

Dark Flier!Severa - Luna, AS+2, Galeforce, Vantage, Limit Breaker
Berserker!Gerome - Axefaire, Agressor, Anathema, Swordbreaker, Limit Breaker

Galeforce offense

Berserker!Yarne - Lance Breaker, Sword Breaker, Limit Breaker, Axefaire, Outdoor Fighter/Deliverer/DG+
Dark Flier!Cynthia - Luna, Aether, Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Tomefaire

Dedicated Anna Slayer. Cynthia's 8 mov + overkill offense means she can actively kill anything before then. Breaker on Yarne for possible accuracy issue. DG+ or Outdoor Fighter is for more evasion for lulz. Deliverer for movement.

Maybe replace ODF with Lucky Seven or Quick Burn if you want to.

Dark Knight!Brady - Agressor, Tomefaire, Luna, Galeforce, Limit Breaker
Valkyrie!Kjelle - Galeforce, Luna, AS+2, Limit Breaker, Deliverer

Lol 11 mov

Sorcerer!Inigo - Agressor, Tomefaire, AS+2 Galeforce, Limit Breaker
Dark Flier!Noire - Vantage, Vengeance, Galeforce, Limit Breaker, AS+2

Mire filler

Valkyrie!MU - Vantage, Vengeance, Tomefaire, Deliverer, Galeforce
Sorcerer!Laurent - Agressor, Tomefaire, AS+, Limit Breaker,

Galeforce + Rescue + Mire filler

Suggestion?

Edited by JSND

I'd say Gregor over Henry. For a Zerk support AT will be really cool to have. Other than that it looks good.

One more thing. I'd say Libra!Inigo should function better as sage because of the lack of VV!Laurent, and since nosfertanking isn't going to be that helpful in Apo while VV sage, well, we've all seen what that can do. Granted, this could just be my bias speaking.

Edited by Duck

Quick question: The general min/max consensus is Cherche/Fred, Panne/Kellam, and Vaike/Nowi. Isn't Cherche/Vaike, Panne/Fred Kellam/Nowi better? I mean, as a support bot, neither Gerome or Yarne really get to take advantage of Luna, and they also want Axefaire for maximum damage. Nah's only realy claim to fame is her durability, unless you pair Nowi with MU. Wouldn't the latter 3 be a superior set, or is there something I'm missing?

Quick question: The general min/max consensus is Cherche/Fred, Panne/Kellam, and Vaike/Nowi. Isn't Cherche/Vaike, Panne/Fred Kellam/Nowi better? I mean, as a support bot, neither Gerome or Yarne really get to take advantage of Luna, and they also want Axefaire for maximum damage. Nah's only realy claim to fame is her durability, unless you pair Nowi with MU. Wouldn't the latter 3 be a superior set, or is there something I'm missing?

Vaike!Nah gets luna, pavise, AT, Axefaire, and sol. If Gerome is to be a support, then Frederick's lack of speed won't hurt him and he also gets Paladin.

Paladin is one of the greatest support classes there is. For Yarne, he really wants Gregor or Stahl, but with Panne's amazing speed, he is still amazing as a zerker with Kellam as the father. Yarne is one of the lowest priority since galeforce children come first in terms of optimizing. Kellam!Nah is really only good for Kellam!Nah!Morgan.

In a strict sense, using Panne x Fred would be better because you get:

Thief for Gerome

Berserker with Breaker for Yarne

It used to be done for optimal DG+ distribution

I'd say Gregor over Henry. For a Zerk support AT will be really cool to have. Other than that it looks good.

One more thing. I'd say Libra!Inigo should function better as sage because of the lack of VV!Laurent, and since nosfertanking isn't going to be that helpful in Apo while VV sage, well, we've all seen what that can do. Granted, this could just be my bias speaking.

Gregor over Henry is considerable. How the fuck did I miss him lol

Inigo is actually set up as a Galeforce + Thrown in Mire sniper. Noire has VV for a reason

Edited by JSND

Vaike!Nah gets luna, pavise, AT, Axefaire, and sol. If Gerome is to be a support, then Frederick's lack of speed won't hurt him and he also gets Paladin.

Paladin is one of the greatest support classes there is. For Yarne, he really wants Gregor or Stahl, but with Panne's amazing speed, he is still amazing as a zerker with Kellam as the father. Yarne is one of the lowest priority since galeforce children come first in terms of optimizing. Kellam!Nah is really only good for Kellam!Nah!Morgan.

so Kellam/Cherche, Fred/Panne, Vaike/Nowi?