• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Lucina has a procstack, and running that up front will far outdamage anything Morgan can offer while up front, so why are you focusing on his Spd and not hers?

Dunno about any Laurent!Yarne!Morgans, but +Spd Stahl!Yarne!Morgan has -1 Mag, while +Mag Gregor!Laurent!Morgan has +7 and +Mag Ricken!Laurent!Morgan has +10. Both of them keep 75 Spd with a DF or Valk pairup, and there is no way a +4 bonus from going DF -> Sage outweighs a +11 bonus from mods- especially if Morgan is in the back where he should be.

But Lucina has a procstack, and running that up front will far outdamage anything Morgan can offer while up front, so why are you focusing on his Spd and not hers?

Dunno about any Laurent!Yarne!Morgans, but +Spd Stahl!Yarne!Morgan has -1 Mag, while +Mag Gregor!Laurent!Morgan has +7 and +Mag Ricken!Laurent!Morgan has +10. Both of them keep 75 Spd with a DF or Valk pairup, and there is no way a +4 bonus from going DF -> Sage outweighs a +11 bonus from mods- especially if Morgan is in the back where he should be.

Well i was excluding +Mag Femu ( if i were to get +Mag and marry her to Laurent what classes would i run on them ? ) and +spdFemu laurent!morgan is only +3 mag hence why i thought that but i guess +mag Femu is better for this afterall.

Edit. Actually Scratch that im not giving Ricken to Laurent so i guess it would be Owain!Morgan for the +9 mag and he hits 75 with a DF support

so would this be Ok?

Sumia!Lucina

Ricken!Owain

Libra!Inigo

Lon'qu!Brady

Donnel!Kjelle

Chrom!Cynthia

Virion!Severa

Henry!Gerome

Stahl!Yarne

Gregor!Laurent

Gaius!Noire

Vaike!Nah

not sure about Libra!Inigo i could give him Stahl as well but idk i also have no idea how good Fred&Kellam are as dads due to the negative speed mods so i didnt even consider them so any suggestion would be appreciated..

Edited by Animaillusionaria

Well i was excluding +Mag Femu ( if i were to get +Mag and marry her to Laurent what classes would i run on them ? ) and +spdFemu laurent!morgan is only +3 mag hence why i thought that but i guess +mag Femu is better for this afterall.

Here's something to put the difference in perspective: +Spd and Tomefaire gives +0/5/2/4 Str/Mag/Skl/Spd, and +Mag and All+2 gives +2/6/2/4 to the same stats (and though they're not as important, the same Lck, 2 more Def and 4 more Res). It should go without saying, but +Mag and Tomefaire is thus even better, provided you don't need the Spd boost.

+Spd really actually isn't all that good for Apo, unless you're doing a challenge run and need both it and All+2 for something (in which case it's indispensable).

As for what you run on them, what were you planning to do with Yarne? Female Robin is fairly poor at Apo next to juggernauts like Severa, Lucina, Cynthia, Gaius!Kjelle, Gaius!Noire and Morgan-F- the only 2nd gen girl she's really better than is Nah, her mods limit her options quite a bit. With Laurent, at least, +Mag and DF x Sage will net you 69 Spd and room for a procstack (or double AT, if that's your thing).

Here's something to put the difference in perspective: +Spd and Tomefaire gives +0/5/2/4 Str/Mag/Skl/Spd, and +Mag and All+2 gives +2/6/2/4 to the same stats (and though they're not as important, the same Lck, 2 more Def and 4 more Res). It should go without saying, but +Mag and Tomefaire is thus even better, provided you don't need the Spd boost.

+Spd really actually isn't all that good for Apo, unless you're doing a challenge run and need both it and All+2 for something (in which case it's indispensable).

As for what you run on them, what were you planning to do with Yarne? Female Robin is fairly poor at Apo next to juggernauts like Severa, Lucina, Cynthia, Gaius!Kjelle, Gaius!Noire and Morgan-F- the only 2nd gen girl she's really better than is Nah, her mods limit her options quite a bit. With Laurent, at least, +Mag and DF x Sage will net you 69 Spd and room for a procstack (or double AT, if that's your thing).

Eh i wasnt sure what to do with Him and that was one of the reasons i asked, to figure stuff out. I would of prolly changed Femu to something physical and run him as a Zerker support but what you said made a lot of sense so ill go with+mag and marry Ricken!Owain.

leaves me with wether i should keep Libra!Inigo or give him soemthing else (Fred or swap with Stahl and give Yarne Libra)

Edited by Animaillusionaria

Could be (and I still hope it is) on the way. They haven't even released a 5* map, much less an "insane" one.

After all Apo came out in Japan 7 months after the release of Awakening and it's only been 5 months since Fates released. I haven't really been following much of the plans on DLC though, so I'm not sure if they're already done or what.

Edited by ckc22

So little Chloey plans to do an apo team for normal (oh god this is going to be the biggest mistake I have to have done to date D:). The only pairing that will be set is a +mag -str/-lck avatar x Chrom (because really I can't marry anyone else D:) and maybe Lissa x Lon'qu for an Owain that will get definate doubles (at least I hope so!)

Here is what I have so far:

F!Robin@Dark Flier or Sage (leaing to Dark Flier for movement and freedom of placement) with the following skills:

~Ignus

~Renewal/lifetaker

~Tomefaire

~Galeforce

~??? (this one is open ended could put lethality here but I know that there is dragonskin enemies so might put a breaker or a Hit +20)

Chrom @Great Lord:

~Dual strike +

~Rightful King

~Aether

~Hit +20

~??? (I don't have access to dread fighters or brides yet as I will have to puchase the DLC for it as well as limit breaker D:)

Robin!Lucina @Dark Flier/Sage/Dark Knight (haven't decided but I do want to make use of the +5 mag Lucina will get)

~Renewal/Lifetaker

~Aether

~Rightful King?/Dual strike +? (debatable and will likely change and/or use a breaker skill)

~Galeforce

~Tomefaire (more than likely)

Chrom!Morgan@ Sage/Dark Knight/Sorcerer? (big maybe for the sorc)

~Ingus

~Tomebreaker? (not sure might change it)

~Swordbreaker? (not sure might change it)

~Lancebreaker? (not sure might change it)

~Tomefaire

Now we come to the not so easy part. The actual pairings D: Based on the above here is who I would have left:

~Sully

~Miriel

~Sumia

~Maribelle

~Panne

~Cordelia

~Nowi

~Tharja

~Olivia

~Cherche

As well as all of the fathers (except Chrom of course :P:). With that in mind who should have what skills/partner for the best possible kids. I am not going to do what I normally do and go based on who feels right with who. This is purely optimal for Apo and well I can't break with marrying Chrom to Robin when it's F!Robin...although I could go for Henry!Morgan but It will take a lot of effort on my part which I fear may not be the most helpful...

Don't worry, there's a lot we can do to help.

First, a few things to keep in mind. Apo doesn't change based on difficulty (outside from a single forge, which doesn't matter) so it'll be the same no matter how you do it- beat it on Normal, it'll be the full experience.

Second, the enemies' stats are completely static (and in a link in my sig). They don't shift around every time you reload the map like in Normal and Hard regular chapters, so you can know ahead of time exactly what you can and can't double through careful calculations. We can do all those for you, so just remember to go in with all your stats completely capped, all Tonics used on everyone (especially Spd, HP, Skl and Atk), and your full skillset. Also forge all your weapons with +5 Mt and +15 Hit unless specifically stated otherwise. Skillsets themselves should be handled on a case-by-case basis, but in general everyone should have LB and everyone who gets it should have Galeforce and Aggressor.

The way enemy Spd is laid out is fairly straightforward: Having at least 60 Spd (40 before LB and Rally, which is very hard to miss with a pairup and Tonic) allows you to double all non-boss enemies, and from there there are only a handful of fast things to worry about: three Berserkers with 64 Spd, and two Snipers and Anna with 70. So there are a few fairly big windows where Spd increases don't actually give you anything to double, and it's also not that big of a deal if you fail to double something. Most of these setups are geared to give you 75 or 69 Spd- only the slowest units aim for 66 (not getting doubled by the 70 Spd units).

So, for Chrom and Robin: Chrom's DSt+ is one of the best skills in the game for Apo, and it's going to make him and Robin likely your best pair. Why? Because it gives him guaranteed Dual Strikes (with LB and Rallies and that stuff), which often takes away chances for the RNG to make you drop kills and take damage. So you'll want to put Chrom in the back and let him focus on strong Dual Strikes, and Robin up front for leading.

+Mag Dark Flier with a Great Lord support will hit 75. You'll need LB and GF, want Tomefaire for extra damage, and ideally Ignis and Astra for a ton more power. Since random damage boosters like them (procs) can't activate in the back, you'll want to keep Robin up front where hers can activate, and not give Chrom any since he'll be in the back. He should use LB/Agg/DSt+, and probably some +Hit moves or maybe All+2. If you want to get rid of a skill on Robin for Lifetaker, Tomefaire would be the first to go, but she's so strong you should be killing everything before it can hurt you anyway.

Lucina's Spd is a little awkward- every single Tome-using class, All Stats+2 or no, and she'll hit 69 Spd but not 75. You can make her whatever you want, then, though Dark Knight/Grandmaster for a stronger Ignis and Falchion access might be nice (even if you don't attack with Falchion, it's also an infinite-use Concoction). Her skillset should always be LB/GF/Aether/Ignis/DSt+. She'll probably want a Sage partner- a Galeboy will let her use DSt+ more, but her Dual Strikes are really weak because she lacks Aggressor, a Faire and a high class Mag cap so it's not always a good thing.

As for the rest, here's a list of generally good husbands for each mother with regard to Apo. Take a look and see what you like, and remember that you don't need a full team, only an equal number of 2nd gen boys and girls (and the fewer you use, the faster your team will be to train. Above three or four pairs, and you start seeing a reduction in how helpful it is to add more, as well).

Sully x Gaius/Donnel

Miriel x Stahl/Lon'qu/Ricken/Gregor/Libra

Sumia x Fred/Gaius/Henry

Maribelle x Virion/Lon'qu/Ricken/Gregor/Libra/Henry

Panne x Fred/Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Libra/Henry

Cordelia x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Lon'qu/Ricken

Nowi x Vaike/Stahl/Gregor/Henry

Tharja x Vaike/Ricken/Gaius/Donnel

Olivia x Fred/Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Cherche x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Ricken/Gregor/Henry

All of those will work, none are bad, while some are better than others there's nothing there I'd rate below B tier (except maybe Donnel!Noire). Most people dislike Stahl!Severa's hair enough that I've considered removing her from the list, too (he's already Cord's weakest pairing on there).

If you want to take another look at Lissa, her good pairs are Ricken, Libra, and Stahl. The former two are great at magic, the latter can do magic decently but is also your best shot if you want Owain to use his sword hand. None of them are particularly fast, but he can make up for it with a speedy support.

Don't worry, there's a lot we can do to help.

First, a few things to keep in mind. Apo doesn't change based on difficulty (outside from a single forge, which doesn't matter) so it'll be the same no matter how you do it- beat it on Normal, it'll be the full experience.

Second, the enemies' stats are completely static (and in a link in my sig). They don't shift around every time you reload the map like in Normal and Hard regular chapters, so you can know ahead of time exactly what you can and can't double through careful calculations. We can do all those for you, so just remember to go in with all your stats completely capped, all Tonics used on everyone (especially Spd, HP, Skl and Atk), and your full skillset. Also forge all your weapons with +5 Mt and +15 Hit unless specifically stated otherwise. Skillsets themselves should be handled on a case-by-case basis, but in general everyone should have LB and everyone who gets it should have Galeforce and Aggressor.

The way enemy Spd is laid out is fairly straightforward: Having at least 60 Spd (40 before LB and Rally, which is very hard to miss with a pairup and Tonic) allows you to double all non-boss enemies, and from there there are only a handful of fast things to worry about: three Berserkers with 64 Spd, and two Snipers and Anna with 70. So there are a few fairly big windows where Spd increases don't actually give you anything to double, and it's also not that big of a deal if you fail to double something. Most of these setups are geared to give you 75 or 69 Spd- only the slowest units aim for 66 (not getting doubled by the 70 Spd units).

So, for Chrom and Robin: Chrom's DSt+ is one of the best skills in the game for Apo, and it's going to make him and Robin likely your best pair. Why? Because it gives him guaranteed Dual Strikes (with LB and Rallies and that stuff), which often takes away chances for the RNG to make you drop kills and take damage. So you'll want to put Chrom in the back and let him focus on strong Dual Strikes, and Robin up front for leading.

+Mag Dark Flier with a Great Lord support will hit 75. You'll need LB and GF, want Tomefaire for extra damage, and ideally Ignis and Astra for a ton more power. Since random damage boosters like them (procs) can't activate in the back, you'll want to keep Robin up front where hers can activate, and not give Chrom any since he'll be in the back. He should use LB/Agg/DSt+, and probably some +Hit moves or maybe All+2. If you want to get rid of a skill on Robin for Lifetaker, Tomefaire would be the first to go, but she's so strong you should be killing everything before it can hurt you anyway.

Lucina's Spd is a little awkward- every single Tome-using class, All Stats+2 or no, and she'll hit 69 Spd but not 75. You can make her whatever you want, then, though Dark Knight/Grandmaster for a stronger Ignis and Falchion access might be nice (even if you don't attack with Falchion, it's also an infinite-use Concoction). Her skillset should always be LB/GF/Aether/Ignis/DSt+. She'll probably want a Sage partner- a Galeboy will let her use DSt+ more, but her Dual Strikes are really weak because she lacks Aggressor, a Faire and a high class Mag cap so it's not always a good thing.

As for the rest, here's a list of generally good husbands for each mother with regard to Apo. Take a look and see what you like, and remember that you don't need a full team, only an equal number of 2nd gen boys and girls (and the fewer you use, the faster your team will be to train. Above three or four pairs, and you start seeing a reduction in how helpful it is to add more, as well).

Sully x Gaius/Donnel

Miriel x Stahl/Lon'qu/Ricken/Gregor/Libra

Sumia x Fred/Gaius/Henry

Maribelle x Virion/Lon'qu/Ricken/Gregor/Libra/Henry

Panne x Fred/Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Libra/Henry

Cordelia x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Lon'qu/Ricken

Nowi x Vaike/Stahl/Gregor/Henry

Tharja x Vaike/Ricken/Gaius/Donnel

Olivia x Fred/Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Cherche x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Ricken/Gregor/Henry

All of those will work, none are bad, while some are better than others there's nothing there I'd rate below B tier (except maybe Donnel!Noire). Most people dislike Stahl!Severa's hair enough that I've considered removing her from the list, too (he's already Cord's weakest pairing on there).

If you want to take another look at Lissa, her good pairs are Ricken, Libra, and Stahl. The former two are great at magic, the latter can do magic decently but is also your best shot if you want Owain to use his sword hand. None of them are particularly fast, but he can make up for it with a speedy support.

I am using Gaius!Kjelle for my M!Robin run, so we'll see how she is (and Sully and Gaius' support isn't too bad but still I am trying to optimise here! Wow that changes everything D:)

I did have a look at the stat caps and I think (for some stupid reason) that I like my Owain with a bit more speed (probably because of how I tend to play).

Still it is something to consider when I do make said team and getting my play style sorted. If I get a team ready for Apo, then I can actually get the DLC and give it a good go (because it sounds like the sort of nightmare that will shake me to my core for a while! :P: And the jokes that I can make post Apo). I always find Panne and Cordelia the hardest to pair for some reason. I seriously don't mind Stalh!Severa's hair. Though if he is the weakest father then it is for the best that I don't use him.

I was thinning with Lucina to either go as a healer or a class that gives her movement or have +movement, but that might be a waste of a skill slot which I don't want to do. So Grandmaster might actually be better then? Hmm this will keep me busy for a while!

Edited by TheSilentChloey

Hello

I got a +Str Robin that i married to Stahl!Owain (not the best but i wanted to try it once) what would be the best classes for them?

i toned it down to AssasinxBerserker, PaladinxBerserker or WyvernlordxBerserker (all+2 instead of Lancefaire on Robin to hit 69)

The thing is i dont wanna waste Owain's Galeforce and turn him into a Hard support.

Would it still be good enough to run WyvernlordxAssasin support? this way i can run LB/AGR/GF/faire/Luna on him and replace all+2 on Robin for Lancefaire

i know its probably worse than just a Berserker hard support but i want him to be able to use his Galeforce too and Berserkers stink upfront.

Edited by Kordag

Female MU @ Wyvern Lord x Stahl!Owain @ Assassin is fine, you could also do Wyvern Lord x Paladin and run Swordfaire over Bowfaire so you don't lose movement when switching Female MU and Stahl!Owain.

Eh the movespeed isn't a big issue, worst case i can toss a pair of boots on him.

I generally prefer bows if only so i can take on the 69 speed berserkers.

but good to know that its fine Thanks.

Well, let's keep this thread about Awakening. FE14 has its own section for optimization threads, and I'd prefer to go in as blind as possible.

Yeah didn't mean to derail.

Honestly the fact a thread already exists is part of the problem - similar to the one we have here. It becomes very difficult to curate/organize and searching for particular posts on this forum isn't easy.

I did have a look at the stat caps and I think (for some stupid reason) that I like my Owain with a bit more speed (probably because of how I tend to play).

I seriously don't mind Stalh!Severa's hair. Though if he is the weakest father then it is for the best that I don't use him.

I was thinning with Lucina to either go as a healer or a class that gives her movement or have +movement, but that might be a waste of a skill slot which I don't want to do. So Grandmaster might actually be better then? Hmm this will keep me busy for a while!

If you like him, you can use him. The reason he's not on the list is because he lacks Luna or Vengeance, so he has no reliable way to boost his damage up front.

He's the weakest father out of fathers that are really good, though. He'll still give you a Severa with everything needed to be good, but she'll merely be average instead of above average where Severa belongs (she has very high potential).

For healers (staffbots), use Logbook Avatars, Spotpass/Streetpass units, and DLC characters. It's usually far better to have some units that are dedicated to combat and others that are dedicated to healing (and mostly Rescuing, since Fortify heals everyone) than it is to have your combat units perform mixed roles- for the same reason, self-healing skills aren't too important. Enemies in Apo spawn in 5-man clumps that are very spread out, so you shouldn't ever have to fight on enemy phase if you don't want to, and this means you have the option of healing with a staff after every fight.

Deliverer is occasionally a good skill and I've used it myself several times, but not on Lucina. Her skillset is probably the fullest in the game. Having lots of Mov is very nice though since the map is big and the enemies spread apart- odds are, your faster units will reach the enemies first, get all the KOes, and be much more useful than your slower ones simply by being the first on the scene.

I got a +Str Robin that i married to Stahl!Owain (not the best but i wanted to try it once) what would be the best classes for them?

i toned it down to AssasinxBerserker, PaladinxBerserker or WyvernlordxBerserker (all+2 instead of Lancefaire on Robin to hit 69)

The thing is i dont wanna waste Owain's Galeforce and turn him into a Hard support.

Would it still be good enough to run WyvernlordxAssasin support? this way i can run LB/AGR/GF/faire/Luna on him and replace all+2 on Robin for Lancefaire

i know its probably worse than just a Berserker hard support but i want him to be able to use his Galeforce too and Berserkers stink upfront.

Stahl!Owain is actually pretty good, he's by far the best physical Owain.

I don't usually advise Assassins, they're extremely tilted toward Spd/Skl at the cost of everything else, but the way the meta is set up, you can already get enough Spd/Skl that more doesn't matter on slow, strong classes instead. Their strengths are redundant, and they mostly wind up without any as a result.

You may want to try Owain as a Bow Knight instead (Robin as a Paladin with Ignis/Astra, I think). He'll have less Str, but do better up front himself and give the same Spd.

Another quick question.

For Apo, whats the preferred class for Chrom?

Aether Sniper is pretty hillarious but is it good enough or should i just stick to BK support for Sumia?

I'm using him as a great knight because it hits hard and gives Sumia the pair up bonuses needed to be competent at a physical class. Paladin works too. Bow knight has a faire and the neutral str/mag bonus is good if she's running magic, but then idk if she needs spd/skl.

you could also do Wyvern Lord x Paladin and run Swordfaire over Bowfaire so you don't lose movement when switching Female MU and Stahl!Owain.

That would be extremely slow, both Owain and Robin would fail to hit 69 Spd without All+2 (and Robin wants to procstack).

Honestly the fact a thread already exists is part of the problem - similar to the one we have here. It becomes very difficult to curate/organize and searching for particular posts on this forum isn't easy.

Well, it'll have to stay disorganized for a while longer.

I'm not going to care about optimization for a while after the game comes out, and even once I do I'll probably be testing stuff in a closed circle to avoid post-release weirdness like Awakening's.

For Apo, whats the preferred class for Chrom?

BK and Sniper for Bowfaire use, or GK for high Str regardless.

If you like him, you can use him. The reason he's not on the list is because he lacks Luna or Vengeance, so he has no reliable way to boost his damage up front.

He's the weakest father out of fathers that are really good, though. He'll still give you a Severa with everything needed to be good, but she'll merely be average instead of above average where Severa belongs (she has very high potential).

For healers (staffbots), use Logbook Avatars, Spotpass/Streetpass units, and DLC characters. It's usually far better to have some units that are dedicated to combat and others that are dedicated to healing (and mostly Rescuing, since Fortify heals everyone) than it is to have your combat units perform mixed roles- for the same reason, self-healing skills aren't too important. Enemies in Apo spawn in 5-man clumps that are very spread out, so you shouldn't ever have to fight on enemy phase if you don't want to, and this means you have the option of healing with a staff after every fight.

Deliverer is occasionally a good skill and I've used it myself several times, but not on Lucina. Her skillset is probably the fullest in the game. Having lots of Mov is very nice though since the map is big and the enemies spread apart- odds are, your faster units will reach the enemies first, get all the KOes, and be much more useful than your slower ones simply by being the first on the scene.

*Snip*

I didn't realise that Owain didn't get Luna or Vengance with Lon'qu, I think he does get some skills to avoid damage though, so they might be helpful... I suppose that Deliverer would be useful on Owain to help with movement without using movement + 1. I did not think to use it (because I don't use wyvern riders for my avatar and olny as training for the other units who can be wyvern riders) except for Cherche, but she is an exception to the rule.

I think though the same can be said of all the children. There is a lot that can make them above adverage, although Donnel is best to give to someone who needs Galeforce and unfortumnately hits their caps way too much for my liking D: (and I was not thinking straight when I first wrote this post. Damn being sick!). At least that is what I have been seeing in team optimization for Apo.

The funny thing is that there are some log book units that I use to train my healers if they are not at a good staff level. It is the best way rather than put my own units in danger, I'll let the log book units take a few hits and have healers heal them (keeping the healers out of enemy range) to gain staff levels.

I do like to have high movement not just for my combat units, but for my healers as well. That is why I have no real use of Dancer!Olivia because she just doesn't move far enough to be a viable option without boots!

I have some ideas on who to pair with who:

Frederick x Sumia (wow this is a go to pair but it does have a workable Cynthia)

Tharja x Gaius (for the sake of trying galeforce Noire)

Henry x Panne (Still not so sure on this one though)

Robin!Lucina x Henry!Yarne (Yarne at the back)

Chrom!Morgan x Gaius!Noire (Noire as a sniper maybe?)

Frederick!Cynthia x Lon'qu!Owain? (not so sure here)

Edited by TheSilentChloey

Well, it'll have to stay disorganized for a while longer.

I'm not going to care about optimization for a while after the game comes out, and even once I do I'll probably be testing stuff in a closed circle to avoid post-release weirdness like Awakening's.

Does there happen to be a recent-ish summary post of things around here? I'm thinking of doing another run through, kind of a final one of Awakening before February.

You may want to try Owain as a Bow Knight instead (Robin as a Paladin with Ignis/Astra, I think). He'll have less Str, but do better up front himself and give the same Spd.

is that extra movement really worth it?

because thats the only thing Pala/Bk has over WLord/Assa ( at least in this particular pairing)

WLord>Pala loses 4 Str base then another 4 from pair up bonuses

While Assa&Bk have the same Str but since Wlord gives higher pair up Bonus it would be a loss again

in either case i have enough speed to hit 69 and not enough to hit 75, the Skl&Spd pair up from Pala only put BK on equal terms to Assa

if its just the the movement i can just give him a pair of boots and Wlord does just fine with 1 less move or am i missing something else?

Edited by Kordag