Where did your username come from?

Guest meibum

Because KHBBS was so...

Epic...

And, all parts of my user-everything were KH at the time.

Except, of course, my username.

Well, once I am able to name-change again, it'll probably become something ~FAIRY TAIL~ related.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part, the names of video game characters (my current UN is derived from Levant von Schweitzer and Iris Fortner, respectively from Hexyz Force and Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm).

At first, I was going to stick with Evastio when I was signing up for SF, (which was a name that I came up with in elementary school, when a friend and I were coming up with character names, and Evastio was the only name that I came up with that he liked) but since I knew that a lot of people would likely hate me for my FE4 hate (which was really hyped up at the time), I thought I should stick with something less cool, since I didn't want to taint the name Evastio. I then remembered the name Randoman that I used for my Grade 12 student council t-shirt (which I used because I did lots of random things in student council, like punch microphones during election speeches and having my hand bleed afterwards, running flour blowing contest, running jello eating contests, and the like). I figured Randoman would be a good name to use, since I wouldn't be tainting any of my cooler sounding names that I invented like Evastio, Kamundios, Tarboosnan, and the like.

Dragonball/NeonGenesisEvangellion.

I do like Rei's characteristics more than anything. Even though her characteristics leads her to commit calamity upon the universe.

Right now, I'm the Huntress Of Darkness. Using any huntress that has sin in their hearts to fight for a good cause.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

None shall no my birth name, ever. It's my only weakness. ._.

I could swear I knew your name at some point (even if it's something simple and obvious like Nicholas) but I certainly don't remember now.

I do remember that Gackt is awesome though. Not as awesome as diru but still pretty good

Oh my name? I am Light so my name is Light. Not so difficult.

Edited by Solais

At the time in two years ago, it just came to me. It's a combination of Kris and ars (As in arse without the e).

I sort of remember seeing a similar thread (and I answered in it), but I can't find it. . .HOWEVER, this is in the wrong forum, and. . .

lmao how would I know?

I joined a few days ago :p

is an absolutely terrible excuse for anything. Read the rules, and read the forums (at least up until the necroposting deadline) before making a thread.

-My username comes from the Wheel of Time series, and apparently it came from a French word before that.

-I came up with it because Narga listed himself as "The Dragon Reborn" and has an avatar from the last book in the series.

-I've probably been using it 1-2 weeks now (too lazy to check).

-I don't think anyone has used a WoT username besides me on this forum.

Edited by Lanfear

Rubidoux is actually a place in California, which is the state I live in.

Although I'm not actually from Rubidoux.

But it's basically because of CWK.

And I can easily use "Rube"/"Reub" if I'm referring to either Reuben or Rubidoux.

I could swear I knew your name at some point (even if it's something simple and obvious like Nicholas) but I certainly don't remember now.

I do remember that Gackt is awesome though. Not as awesome as diru but still pretty good

Oh my name? I am Light so my name is Light. Not so difficult.

It's not exactly a typical name, and admittedly it's not exactly fitting for a guy, which is why I don't use it.

Mm, I don't mind Dir En Grey, aside from their attempt at being western and the whole "We're so br00tal" fiasco, they've got some pretty good songs to their name.

It's funny how even though they claim to have strayed from Visual Kei, they just can't really shake off the chains. xD

-My username comes from the Wheel of Time series, and apparently it came from a French word before that.

-I came up with it because Narga listed himself as "The Dragon Reborn" and has an avatar from the last book in the series.

-I've probably been using it 1-2 weeks now (too lazy to check).

-I don't think anyone has used a WoT username besides me on this forum.

I should start calling you Mierin or Cyndane.

I suspected that's where you got it from.

Oh, and I chose my username because I hate picking usernames and I had recently played fe4 and liked +20 def/mdef and skl/spd and 30 might and junk so decided why not?

I thought I'd be clever and moved the last letter of cute to the front (eCut = Cute)~

So I guess it's kinda obvious that I've done the same thing with Pamplemousse. xD (though this username is an extension of me tormenting Eric ^_^).

So for SF, I made at account back in the old days with a name I would be embarrassed to use now. Then it progressed to a thread like say something true about the user above where Amelia was like "Isn't BK-201" so just to prove her wrong I got a name change ;p.

Now I generally use the tag Ducktape[d] depending on availability which was just because I wanted a fun name of sorts and it's one of the few usernames that probably exist I would feel comfortable using. For some reason I stress out a lot over choosing an online ID now so it's nice having one that I feel comfortable using/reusing.

I was browsing a Japanese dictionary and looked up words for 'devil' and/or 'evil spirit'. I found ma. I had a clever idea and combined it with with the word for wind, kaze, to form a word that meant 'an ill-favoured wind' or 'the storm sent by the devil'. It was an actual word. It was my first successful conjugation of the language and my first portmanteau in any language.

I looked it up because I thought it would be a cool word. When I found out that it was a real word, I realized that it was also the direct opposite of kamikaze. Kamikaze means 'a divine wind' or 'the storm sent by god'. It is commonly associated with suicide and nationalism due to being the nickname given to suicide bombers in the Japanese air forces.

If kamikaze represents the deity, self-sacrifice, and loyalty, then makaze represents the accuser, self-fulfillment and independence.

I fell in love.

I sort of remember seeing a similar thread (and I answered in it), but I can't find it. . .HOWEVER, this is in the wrong forum, and. . .

is an absolutely terrible excuse for anything. Read the rules, and read the forums (at least up until the necroposting deadline) before making a thread.

The question was in the title for Question of the Day, September 2.

Out of curiosity, what forum was it originally in?

Edited by Makaze

So i was playing Final Fantasy 8 when it was released. My older brother liked squall. Several years later we were playing Runescape he chose his username as squall and mine as "sifer" due to sibling rivalry.(wich is funny since my brother and I never fought/argued with each other once in our lives.) I did not check to see how it was spelled and thus sifer it stayed. But to leave a shroud of mystery for my username: how is it pronouced? no one shall ever know.

Thanks, Makaze~! Since that thread is constantly changing, and I wouldn't expect anyone to read through all of those answers, I'll leave this one here. This was originally. . .not in this forum, where it fits.

ellipse is a twofold joke. One involved the perfect circle deck that was going on around in Yu-Gi-Oh! (you can't have a perfect circle without an ellipse. . .I'll shut up now). The other half involves those damnable dots I type too often. . .

Since this is a FE forum, eclipse felt more fitting. It's a spell with untold power and awful accuracy, which is something that amused me. It's also a semi-tribute to my first-ever run of FE7, where Hawkeye was hit by a 5% Eclipse.

clipseykitty. . .GO READ SERENES FOREST MAFIA MAFIA IF YOU WANT TO GET THAT JOKE!

My logic hasn't changed since then.