Guest meibum

94 members have voted

1. 1. What's your relationship status?

• Single and want it that way
    • Single and want a relationship
    • In a relationship and happy
    • In a relationship and unhappy
    • It's complicated

Let's talk about our relationship status! And just your opinion on being single/in a relationship/etc in general.

If you're:

1. Single and like it that way:

- do you ever want a relationship?

- what are you looking for in a partner?

- where do you want to be in your life when you do decide to settle down?

2. Single and want it to change:

- is there anyone you're interested in and what's keeping you from being together?

- what do you want in a relationship / significant other?

- when do you predict you'll be in a relationship?

3. Relationship and happy

- how did you meet?

- what do you like about them?

- how long have you been together and where do you think you're relationship will end up?

4. Relationship and unhappy

- why haven't you broke-up?

- what went wrong?

- what's your opinion on relationships after this relationship?

5. It's Complicated

- why is it complicated?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm single and like it that way, but I definitely DO want a relationship someday! :)

I kind of just want to wait and let it happen.

I do get really annoyed when people bug you when you're single though... Half the time, it doesn't even really matter to the person annoying you! ^_^;

Edited by DancingDanny

IT'S COMPLICATED.

Not really. I'm single, but I have uh... stuff. My eyes on someone. He knows. It's more of uncertainty stuff and then I also don't see myself as being emotionally prepared/stable enough right now. I don't want to ruin any more relationships. But at least being single means more fun! What I look for is communication, honesty, and trust.

But as for settling down / marriage, I still don't see myself getting married anytime soon. I'm not psychologically ready, even if I'm biologically ready. Well... not really.

Single and currently want it that way, but I would like to be in a relationship some day. Its a combination of not having enough time/being completely ready for a relationship, and I want it to wait and let it happen when its meant to happen. For now, I'm fine.

3. Relationship and happy

- how did you meet?

- what do you like about them?

- how long have you been together and where do you think you're relationship will end up?

1. Well one day I was really bored and signed onto my old Skype for the first time in a few months. My extremely socially disturbed friend Blake added me to a 'TROLL GROUP' as he called it.... well I humored him and joined the call. It was a sausage fest in there except for this one girl with a Tokyo Mew Mew avatar. She had the cutest voice I've ever heard and I kept listening to what she had to say in the call and tried to involve myself in her conversations. Eventually the call died down and it was just me and her, I didn't wanna go and it seemed like she was fine with chillin as well. I decided to go on Omegle and mess with people, I shared my screen so she could watch. I did a lot of strange things such as duct tapping my nipples, I don't know what I was thinking but it made sense at the time. She didn't seem to be bothered with it, she in fact seemed to enjoy it. So I learned her name was Katrina and I added her on Skype, I didn't think she'd accept but when she did I felt so happy <3 she loved to use Twitter so I started using my old Twitter again. I would always tweet @ her and we would always be each other's most mentioned person. We got closer and closer and eventually started Skyping nightly until like 5-6 AM. It was wonderful, we watched a lot of weird anime and movies, like the Room and School Days. Eventually I got the courage to finally ask her to be my girlfriend, even though we were very relationship-y already.

2. I love everything about you, you're so beautiful and kind and intelligent. We spend hours and hours together and I honestly believe that we were made for each other. I never get bored around you and I always feel so happy every time we get to talk. I love your laugh and all your silly mannerisms. You have such a wonderful outlook on life and amazing morals. I love you with all my heart Katrina and I always will<3

3. It feels like we've been together for our whole lives, a lot of that has to do with that when we talk we usually talk for 8 hours plus ;) I see our future together and it's beautiful and lasts til the day we die :) I love you<3

Single, but only because I have a busy life ahead of me (University and all) and I'm not even interested to have a girlfriend. I'd rather wait till I find the right woman for me and marry her.

Relationship and happy.

I was depressed from a recent break-up and visiting my family in NH during the holidays when my 4 years younger sister invited her friend over to watch a movie and later sleep over. After spending a bunch of time alone with my sister's friend because of bf issues my sister had to take care of (I think she may have intentionally hooked us up). I eventually ended up with the friend's phone # (my sister gave it to me without being asked to). After months of texting, we developed feelings for eachother and then started dating.

I love everything about her. She is basically a female version of me personality wise. She's smart, beautiful, ambitious, and she has an amazing ass.

Nearly 3 years later, marriage is definitely in our future.

Edited by Hawk King

Single, equally fine with either being in or not being in a relationship, as of this writing. Though I'm probably unhealthily fixated (ie crushing) on some people who would probably not benefit from my attention right now ever

-Currently single and plan on keeping that way for a while

My last relationship ended on good terms, so no I'm not sworn off relationships super heart-broken for life or anything. Companionship is nice, but what I need most at the moment is freedom and some breathing room between my 3 project classes and I don't have to worry about dedicating whatever little free time I have left to someone else.

And quite honestly I can function fine by myself so if I end up dying alone with an army of rabbits that's cool with me

If I don't that's quite alright too

Work comes first after all if I decide to settle down (emphasize if) I better have a goddamn good stable job that pays reasonably well first

-Preferences

I'm not picky with appearances. As long as you look somewhat presentable and not godawful and gross (in terms of hygiene) I really don't give a fuck. It's very difficult for me to get attracted to people at all unless I know them at least somewhat as a person, and my relationships have always stemmed from friendships because of that.

I have two absolute rules, and everything else is variable. Don't be a bigot and don't smoke. I have a zero tolerance policy on sexism/racism/etc and my lungs are awful enough as is you're not damaging it further with second hand shit and that shit smells nasty anyway go away

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

1. Single and like it that way:

- do you ever want a relationship?

- what are you looking for in a partner?

- where do you want to be in your life when you do decide to settle down?

I, Not at the moment, last girlfriend narrowed me down and I need a lot of freedom, I get quickly annoyed by other people.

II. Independence, reliability I guess.

III. No idea.

Sorta, but he moved away and I have no interest in long distance relationships, so...

I'm not actively seeking or avoiding relationships; I'm happy either way.

Edited by Princess Trollstool

I don't think I could handle a serious relationship for now. The girl would probably think I didn't like her, because I don't call people unless I need something from them and I kind of dislike excessive physical contact. I'm also a cold person, so it would be difficult.

Edited by Nobody

I don't want to be in a relationship until I have a decent wage or salary that lets me support my partner, or at least allows me to pitch in. I think it's a confidence thing - the only way I'll ever have any self esteem with other people is if I'm working.

I also don't have any idea how to make new friends for the most part (the ones I have are fine though). I've never had a girlfriend and don't know how to court one in any sort of circumstances, so even if I do get a job I think there's a decent chance I'll be single for life.

Finally, I have a disorder that may be genetic which has affected me significantly, which means I think having kids would be a bad idea, and I think that puts an increasing limiter on being in a relationship as I get older. Also, it would be tough for me to start a relationship by talking about this problem with a significant other, but I wouldn't know when I am supposed to actually break the news. Regarding that, the level of fairness in starting a relationship without talking about my disorder would keep me hesitant.

5. It's Complicated

- why is it complicated?

It's only complicated because I've been around alot of liars and con artists back in high school. But these things make me more alertive and cautious whenever I end up in a relationship again.

Oh my god..

I could like ha ha go on but..

All I have to say now is, if I am to end up in a relationship again, I will make sure to watch out and to be careful.

Single, want it that way, want to keep it that way. Pretty straightforward.

Single, I would like a relationship, but I'm not actively pursuing one. I've never been in a relationship, I'm forever alone.

It's a way to avoid despair later.

-----

And my vote and answer is in my first quote.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

I tentatively chose the first option. I'm single, but I wouldn't say I want to stay that way. At the same time I don't feel a strong desire to be in a relationship, nor am I actively trying to find someone. There really isn't anyone in my life that I would like to have a relationship with at the moment.

It's complicated.
Lets just say I've tried asking girls out before, most were my friends first though, but I've always gotten rejected. After that they would then ignore me, and/or stop being my friend. For the longest time I had wanted a girlfriend, as I've always wanted to find someone to love me for me. It's just that I constantly seem to be doing something wrong. By now, I've flat out given up on it.

1. Well one day I was really bored and signed onto my old Skype for the first time in a few months. My extremely socially disturbed friend Blake added me to a 'TROLL GROUP' as he called it.... well I humored him and joined the call. It was a sausage fest in there except for this one girl with a Tokyo Mew Mew avatar. She had the cutest voice I've ever heard and I kept listening to what she had to say in the call and tried to involve myself in her conversations. Eventually the call died down and it was just me and her, I didn't wanna go and it seemed like she was fine with chillin as well. I decided to go on Omegle and mess with people, I shared my screen so she could watch. I did a lot of strange things such as duct tapping my nipples, I don't know what I was thinking but it made sense at the time. She didn't seem to be bothered with it, she in fact seemed to enjoy it. So I learned her name was Katrina and I added her on Skype, I didn't think she'd accept but when she did I felt so happy <3 she loved to use Twitter so I started using my old Twitter again. I would always tweet @ her and we would always be each other's most mentioned person. We got closer and closer and eventually started Skyping nightly until like 5-6 AM. It was wonderful, we watched a lot of weird anime and movies, like the Room and School Days. Eventually I got the courage to finally ask her to be my girlfriend, even though we were very relationship-y already.

2. I love everything about you, you're so beautiful and kind and intelligent. We spend hours and hours together and I honestly believe that we were made for each other. I never get bored around you and I always feel so happy every time we get to talk. I love your laugh and all your silly mannerisms. You have such a wonderful outlook on life and amazing morals. I love you with all my heart Katrina and I always will<3

3. It feels like we've been together for our whole lives, a lot of that has to do with that when we talk we usually talk for 8 hours plus ;) I see our future together and it's beautiful and lasts til the day we die :) I love you<3

I love you too :) .

My life has never been happier since I met you <3

You're the light in my life and my best friend.

You're everything I've ever wanted in a partner <3 : smart, funny, handsome, loving, interesting, kind and shares the same values and morals that I do.

Thank you for being in my life :)

It's complicated.

Lets just say I've tried asking girls out before, most were my friends first though, but I've always gotten rejected. After that they would then ignore me, and/or stop being my friend. For the longest time I had wanted a girlfriend, as I've always wanted to find someone to love me for me. It's just that I constantly seem to be doing something wrong. By now, I've flat out given up on it.

if you haven't already, i suggest you really think about how the conversations you have with the girls you're interested in are first. even if you think someone's a great person, it doesn't mean that you two would be well together. for example, i know someone on this forum called pinkbubblegum...we're kinda friends, but we don't talk very much becuase we don't really share similar interests so we're not very close. i think she's pretty swell and talented, but shh-yeah of course we're as far from being compatable as it gets. (i used an online example becuase i'm not really an irl person and don't have irl friends)

but to be clear, i have no experience because i have never asked a girl out before, i'm just going off of general relationships with other people.