Has anyone gotten bored?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you insult this site!?

...........And I just realized I was being sarcastic, myself.

Fuck.

Well then...

Any game gets boring after a while. Including the websites you visit.

Exactly.

Well not all the time mind you.

You're right, though...it gets to a point, where it's annoying. And I used to think it was funny. And it is, but not when it's just so overused (yes, SO overused). I'm fine with it, as long as you don't speak in it 24/7 to the point you can't tell when you're being serious or not. (usually, one would leave some pointers, such as bad/worse grammar or something generally having to do with different typing).

No one has gotten bored. Anyone who claims to have gotten bored is lying. You do not get bored of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Now seriously, what did you expect? To play it forever without ever getting bored? You play it enough, it's going to get boring. Just put it down and come back to it later when you feel like it. I played this game for about 200 hours over three months when it came out and haven't played it since, but I know I'll come back to it one day soon.

I got bored with it a long time ago. I can't even remember the last time I booted up my copy of Awakening. I will say that it kept me entertained for a much greater period of time than any of its predecessors.

Of course i got bored, I've beaten this game like 20 times. Around september or october of last year, I tried replaying it and though "wow, I've played this game too much. I don't want to play it again for at least two years". I haven't played it since.

I'm still playing it and I have >550 hours in the game.

I've taken breaks here and there to play other games such as pokemon, but I always come back to Awakening. And even though I might again take some break from playing it(because I've got like around 20 games that have barely been touched since I bought them, mainly because of Awakening), but I know I'm gonna come back to play it again.

Awakening is like any FE game for me; I play the shit out of it for a week or two, then get burned out on it from being overly analytical / getting bored after being stuck on a level. I give it a few months, remember that Fire Emblem is really fun, and then go back to it.

Except in the case of Radiant Dawn, for which I have year-long hiati. ~___~ Mostly because that one is hard.

Also I botched my team selections on the part where the troops are joined and then divided

No one has gotten bored. Anyone who claims to have gotten bored is lying. You do not get bored of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Sarcasm or not, this is pretty much how I feel. I played almost nothing but Awakening for an entire year after it came out.

I'm still playing it and I have >550 hours in the game.

I've taken breaks here and there to play other games such as pokemon, but I always come back to Awakening. And even though I might again take some break from playing it(because I've got like around 20 games that have barely been touched since I bought them, mainly because of Awakening), but I know I'm gonna come back to play it again.

This right here describes me perfectly. I bought the game in August and played the hell out of it for several months. I'd occasionally taken breaks for games like Final Fantasy, but for the most part, I'd always pick up Awakening again. After that, I became overly analytical about the game and didn't want to touch it for a while. I've since gotten back to playing it, though, even though I have several other games I need to beat.

I'm hoping that once I create a file I'm satisfied with and I beat it completely, I won't feel the need to pick it up again, because I still have other games (including other Fire Emblems) that I have to beat. This is terrible. I can't remember the last time I was so hooked on a game.

I guess what makes Awakening worth going back to, aside from multiple playthroughs, is support grinding. Since you aren't limited, I like to see what kind of conversations get pulled into the narrative.

I also plan on reaching my first 100th hour on it, so there's that...

I guess what makes Awakening worth going back to, aside from multiple playthroughs, is support grinding. Since you aren't limited, I like to see what kind of conversations get pulled into the narrative.

I also plan on reaching my first 100th hour on it, so there's that...

Yeah, I am close to getting my male avatar supports done. I'm not even sure if I want to start on the female avatar. :_:

Yeah, I am close to getting my male avatar supports done. I'm not even sure if I want to start on the female avatar. :_:

I'm one support away from filling my whole log(not just the in-file one). I would have it filled if I hadn't forgot to save Kellam and Brady's A support >_>

• 1 month later...

After 2 100 hour playthroughs, yeah this game got really boring for me on my 3rd playthrough. I'm just super burned out on the gameplay which I don't even think is that great.

15 months logged, near 700 hours of playing... I think I need an intervention.

I sometimes break it up with a little Kid Icarus Uprising or Link Between Worlds.

Hey, it was the game I got my 3DS for, might as well get my damn money's worth.

Edited by The Geek

I was discussing this with a friend today. Do people get bored of the game because you can do so much in one playthrough leaving a lack of luster in the following plays? In older games I don't believe it was as easy to accomplish this...

I've gotten a bit tired of the leveling process but I have not gotten to the point where I'm absolutely done with the game.

I was discussing this with a friend today. Do people get bored of the game because you can do so much in one playthrough leaving a lack of luster in the following plays? In older games I don't believe it was as easy to accomplish this...

I've gotten a bit tired of the leveling process but I have not gotten to the point where I'm absolutely done with the game.

actually its might honestly be this for me.

other then that i don't enjoy the story or think the supports are bipolar, the you can basically do anything you want on a single file, which honestly kinda ruined my excitement of looking forward to another play though like with any other game.

also i find it fun to see if my favorite characters get RNG screwed so i might be forced to use people i don't normally use, something that doesn't happen here cause literally infinite grinding and high growth rates.