NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

I'm disappointed that the Pro Bowl isn't a big thing like the NBA All-Star game. Players are too scared of injuries, it seems.

The MLB All-Star Game determines home field for the World Series.

I forgot what the NBA All-Star Game does, but I think there's something important about it.

The Pro Bowl is pretty much entirely pointless. If the NFL wants the Pro Bowl to be a huge thing, they need to make it matter somehow.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MLB All-Star game determining home field advantage in the World Series is one of the dumbest things about USA sports today, imo

I actually think it works, because it makes the players and the fans actually care about who wins.

It's still kind of dumb, because that doesn't seem like a decent incentive for players. Not everyone's making the world series. My idea is to make the first game at a neutral site, the winner hosts the second game of the world series or something, and they alternate from there.

I think the best way to make players care is money for the winning team. It's 27k extra for the winner of the Pro Bowl as opposed to the loser, but I think increasing that would make it a bigger deal, so younger players could at least go and make more money.

I think some players also go because it's a nationally televised game and I feel like making splashes in the Pro Bowl could draw attention to them. Nobody's going to be using the Pro Bowl to evaluate a player, that's what the season's film is for, but if they were a relatively low key name then they could actually get their name heard.

Edited by Lord Raven

So who do you think would be the cover of the next Madden cover if Seahawks repeat or Patriots win.

I think if the Seahawks repeat it'll be Marshawn Lynch grabbing his crotch (jk)

If Lynch was forced to be on the cover of the next Madden game, I'd love to see what he'd try to pulll to show his disapproval.

In other news, I just want to remind everyone that New Orleans has a football team that occasionally plays football, and sometimes wins games. I know it's really easy to forget.

I think it'll be JJ Watt, considering his training regimen has been a headline for the past year and he's suddenly going into the woods to train. Antonio Brown or Le'Veon Bell are another possibility. To go in the route of the surreal, in the spirit of Peyton Hillis, we could get Justin Forsett.

In other news, I just want to remind everyone that New Orleans has a football team that occasionally plays football, and sometimes wins games. I know it's really easy to forget.

I mean you guys were on primetime multiple times this year, won a Super Bowl 5 years ago, and had one of the greatest offenses in history 3 years ago. Also was supposed to be complete enough for a Super Bowl run this year before having a ridiculous meltdown...

I know there's no way it's going to happen, but I'd love for Johnny Manziel to be on the cover. Mostly so that he can miss almost all the season and then leave Cleveland like Peyton Hillis did.

Doing the money sign too with his smile.

More Steeler news! JEROME BETTIS IS IN THE HALL OF FAME. :D Yay! The Bus ftw! He finally joins Franco Harris to add to the HoF Steeler RBs!

Le'Veon Bell is also Fantasy Player of the Year and FedEx Ground Player of the year! Plenty of love for Steelers RBs lately. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Is anyone else excited to watch reddit crash tonight?

EDIT: Pats have never scored in the first quarter of a Super Bowl. The streak continues.

Edited by Lord Raven

Well, at least this Super Bowl isn't like last year's...

But dang it, the Super Bowl I wanted to watch ended up being shit because of Peyton Manning and his guys getting blown out, now a Super Bowl I don't really care to watch is competitive.

...Wow. What a crazyass finish to a Super Bowl. o.o

How the fuck did that Seahawk guy come up with that ball? (gotta be an even crazier catch than the famous Odell Beckam one!)

How the fuck did Russell Wilson throw a pick at the WORST time ever?

And then that huge fight. Just...lolwow.

Edited by Anacybele