Known Information (2nd April)

VincentASM

When will we get more information? I am surprised we aren't getting more information from Japanese gamine magazines like we did when Awakening was going to be released. Doesn't Famitsu do coverage for game titles like this? Sorry, I hardly know a think about foreign gaming magazines.

It' has not even been two whole weeks since the Direct. Nintendo probably won't start promoting the in full force until early May.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be neat if they give us a few more tidbits for the anniversary on the 20th, but at this point, that seems pretty unlikely.

Finally got a glimpse of what appears to be Marx's map sprite:

pd9XY1N.png

It seems the only playable units at this point are Kamui, Felicia and the Great Knight(?). The rest are green units. So it's quite similar to Awakening's beginning.

Edited by Ryo

@ryo- oh wow

That's actually an amazing screenshot o:!

It looks like Marx seems more like a paladin for sure...

But also that the younger Nohr sister with the pigtails is probably a troubadour c:

Someone on GameFAQs pointed out something:

I was watching the first trailer again and something I didn't notice earlier caught my eye;

LDJG2IM.png

I'm assuming that these... I don't know what to call them, indicate spots you can use Dragon's Vein. In the more recent trailer, if you look a little closely you can see Kamui standing on another one, though a slightly different color; this is the spot he created the bridge from.

0ySKbl5.png

I'm not sure if the different colors mean anything or not. It could just be that it cycles through many different colors in its animation. Maybe the color indicates what using Dragon's Vein will do? (Yellow = build a path or something, Red means... destroy a path? I dunno.)

I initially thought the glowy... balls? were FE:A's sparkly tiles, but this guy has a point, I think? Maybe? lol

(Also, what is that brown thing under the bridge anyway?)

Edited by L95

Finally got a glimpse of what appears to be Marx's map sprite:

pd9XY1N.png

It seems the only playable units at this point are Kamui, Felicia and the Great Knight(?). The rest are green units. So it's quite similar to Awakening's beginning.

Nope that's not Marx - It's the Dark Knight character. It's similar to that Dark Knight sprite from the bridge screenshot. The sprite has a black headband, not Marx's black tiara.

Edited by Leif

Nope that's not Marx - It's the Dark Knight character. It's similar to that Dark Knight sprite from the bridge screenshot. The sprite has a black headband, not Marx's black tiara.

There are two blond haired horse riders in that screenshot. Dark knight boy is below Camilla's eye (see the hugeass signature collar for the DK class), Marx is standing right beside Kamui, that's clearly the paladin sprite. See the shield and lance.

Compare to Dark Knight boy seen on the bridge here:

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/linka.png

Edited by L95

There are two blond haired horse riders in that screenshot. Dark knight boy is below Camilla's eye (see the hugeass signature collar for the DK class), Marx is standing right beside Kamui, that's clearly the paladin sprite. See the shield and lance.

Compare to Dark Knight boy seen on the bridge here:

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/linka.png

Oh crap. I totally did not see that at all. I stand corrected! @_@

I'm sorry if someones already noticed this, but in the Bridge fight ( I'm really sorry,but I'm new here and i don't really know how to pull up stuff other people has posted ^_^U) you see some one who looks like a staff wielder (next to Linca and the green assassin/ninja character) I think this is Sakura. now from what we've seen in previous photo's there is a pink haired cleric (can be seen in the trees in the photo I'm mentioning), believed to be Felicia, so does this mean that there will be another type of healing character? or that maybe Sakura will get here own personal class?

I'm sorry if someones already noticed this, but in the Bridge fight ( I'm really sorry,but I'm new here and i don't really know how to pull up stuff other people has posted ^_^U) you see some one who looks like a staff wielder (next to Linca and the green assassin/ninja character) I think this is Sakura. now from what we've seen in previous photo's there is a pink haired cleric (can be seen in the trees in the photo I'm mentioning), believed to be Felicia, so does this mean that there will be another type of healing character? or that maybe Sakura will get here own personal class?

We don't really have any info on that unfortunately. Two clerics do seem kind of redundant for early game though. *shrug*

My theory is that Sakura's class is the Japanese equivalent to Cleric and uses a different/non-healing type of staff. Status staves please come back!

Edited by Ryo

There actually are two clerics, and it's in the form of Felicia and Sakura for the Hoshido. I'm not sure how they'll both be different, but Nohr also has a maid that's likely another cleric, though, Lissabelle might make her a bit obsolete early game due to being a troubador.

We don't really have any info on that unfortunately. Two clerics do seem kind of redundant for early game though. *shrug*

My theory is that Sakura's class is the Japanese equivalent to Cleric and uses a different/non-healing type of staff. Status staves please come back!

Even if Sakura isn't a classic cleric, Nohr is actually the side with a surprising amount of staff users shown. We have troubadour little sister, Felicia, and this person on the lower part of the screen

kamui_f.png

Felicia's sprite and his/hers carry the same staff, so I'm guessing they share the same class? But, all of this seems to be early-game, and three staff users at this point is pretty weird...

Even if Sakura isn't a classic cleric, Nohr is actually the side with a surprising amount of staff users shown. We have troubadour little sister, Felicia, and this person on the lower part of the screen

kamui_f.png

Felicia's sprite and his/hers carry the same staff, so I'm guessing they share the same class? But, all of this seems to be early-game, and three staff users at this point is pretty weird...

Unless there are perhaps offensive staffs? They'd probably deal minimal damage, so having staff-wielders early on might make sense. Maybe? Edited by Respite&Nepenthe

Unless there are perhaps offensive staffs? They'd probably deal minimal damage, so having staff-wielders early on might make sense. Maybe?

I guess that's a possibility, although that would definitely be a surprise, since staff users tend to be frail. Their promotion did get axes last time somehow, so I guess everything's possible. Another thing I was thinking of is if some of what we've seen is actually footage from the third path...

Editnotreally:

Just figured out something just before posting this. Those mages on that icy chapter are the same as those you fight in that chapter with Kazahana:

Jan_006.jpg

Unless I'm mistaken, that text above that thief's portrait was stated to read as "Nohr soldier" right? So you're apparently fighting Nohr up there, but the troubadour sister is on your side... so I guess this actually really could be the third path...

Actualedit: Now that I think about it, all of this is from the first trailer, so this may be old news. Sorry if that's the case.

Edited by Cysx

I guess that's a possibility, although that would definitely be a surprise, since staff users tend to be frail. Their promotion did get axes last time somehow, so I guess everything's possible. Another thing I was thinking of is if some of what we've seen is actually footage from the third path...

Editnotreally:

Just figured out something just before posting this. Those mages on that icy chapter are the same as those you fight in that chapter with Kazahana:

Jan_006.jpg

Unless I'm mistaken, that text above that thief's portrait was stated to read as "Nohr soldier" right? So you're apparently fighting Nohr up there, but the troubadour sister is on your side... so I guess this actually really could be the third path...

Actualedit: Now that I think about it, all of this is from the first trailer, so this may be old news. Sorry if that's the case.

Nice catch! I had not thought of that. It seems like recruitment/ character availability will be much different on this supposed third path route. I look forward to how they handle the third path.

Oh, Vincent, I noticed you added this image: serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/mysteryfigure.jpg To the January direct page.

Looking at the April Direct, I think that's the bottom half of Hinoka. The white thing to the left is probably her scarf, not sure what the vaguely scaly thing on the right is though.

serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/feif-april031.jpg

EDIT: Oh, the 'vaguely scaly thing' is probably Sakura's dress, looking again.

Edited by L95

The voice actor for the dancer (whose name is apparently Aqua) is on the stream for the TCG right now

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv216702710

The voice actress called the dancer 歌姫 which means singing princess. Right after that the guy who's kind of running it told her not to reveal too much about the game.

As far as I know, there wasn't anything else revealed about if, but I don't really understand that much Japanese.

Edited by Dan

The voice actor for the dancer (whose name is apparently Aqua) is on the stream for the TCG right now

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv216702710

They call the dancer 歌姫 which means singing princess.

Interesting...

So if she is connected to water, and her necklace is indeed the Fire Emblem, maybe she's trying to douse its power for some reason. Dark god is trapped inside