Known Information (2nd April)

VincentASM

They'll probably be paid DLC in the US, or maybe they'll make some other product for them to come with. Maybe we just won't get them at all.

Hmm yeah. I didn't realize it, but... yeah wouldn't make sense if they released TCG only characters to an audience that doesn't have the TCG.

http://i.imgur.com/GKrEeoF.jpg

Magic arrow time :o

Edited by L95

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if this means Sakura's class will be miko.

I wonder. Her outfit is a bit different from what I'm used to see, and she has a cape.

Also, Aqua, eeeeeh... that's going to take some time to get used to... guess I'll call her Aku.

I wonder. Her outfit is a bit different from what I'm used to see, and she has a cape.

Also, Aqua, eeeeeh... that's going to take some time to get used to... guess I'll call her Aku.

Aku is Japanese for Evil

EDIT: I was beaten to it!

Edited by Dan

Yeah I noticed as well. It reminds me of the outfit the Hoshidian ruler is seen wearing in the trailer.

Aku meas evil

"was honestly expecting to find Crash Bandicoot references"

AHEM- Well I had no idea. That's okay though. Somehow I think it fits.

I found the TCG art overall good, but it's so flashy I can't exactly perceive the details. Seems like an amateur on Photoshop filled it with brushes and lightning effects and hoped it was pretty.

Will these TCG come to other regions on the same date as fe if's launch?

Neither NoA nor NoE have mentioned the TCG at all, most likely the cards will be exclusive to Japan. That said, I imagine any DLC tied to the cards will be sold for cash overseas.

Dancer's voice actress called her Aqua...Kind of feels like a let down honestly, I was expecting something more mystical for her name. I predict a lot of water symbolism with her, Aqua can be presented as a healing spring or a tsunami that washes everything away. Ergo, we still have no clue how she's aligned.

The title of singing princess leaves me intrigued. I wonder if this means Aqua's more like a Heron than a traditional dancer, singing to revitalize units rather than dancing.

I'm almost positive her name's not going to be Aqua in the localization, it sounds way too JRPG for Fire Emblem...or actually, it could be a fake name that she goes by until her real identity is revealed kinda like Lucina/Marth.

The title of singing princess leaves me intrigued. I wonder if this means Aqua's more like a Heron than a traditional dancer, singing to revitalize units rather than dancing.

Can't it be both? :awesome:

That does make sense. And gives credence to the whole "Dancer's actually a villain." theory.

Can't it be both?

Maybe? We've seen her do both, but if they did the same thing it wouldn't make sense. Maybe we're gonna see status buffs come back. A song buffs a unit while dancing gives a unit another turn.

In TearRing Saga, IIRC, dancing functioned like in FE, whereas singing buffed units within a certain radius, and the effect got better the more you used it. There was also a small chance it would let a unit move again. So FEif could do something similar.

Aqua? I hope she has a secret evil twin named Magma.

Stupid joke aside, I was not expecting her name to be something so...simple. 8U It will take some getting used to, but it's not AS bad as it could be. I guess.

By the way, has it actually been announced that Nohr won't have an overworld map

Yes Nohr will be straight linear progression like the majority of old FE titles. (They claim this as a difficulty boost with limited EXP, items and funds)

Edited by Neoleo21

Yes Nohr will be straight linear progression like the majority of old FE titles. (They claim this as a difficulty boost with limited EXP, items and funds)

Can you provide an official source? All I could find is that they mentioned the Nohr path would have higher difficulty and limited exp, funds etc. There was no mention of whether there will be a world map or not. This was just people's speculation as far as I know.

They could make it like Awakening's Lunatic where there's still a world map but it's near impossible to grind in it.

I believe its information on the Japanese Website "Limited opportunities to gain experience and Gold" There could easily be an "overworld", but it could be entirely linear. But either way the path's structure seems to take care of the complaints of the world map structure.

Yeah, it's info from the official site, which I talked about a bit here.

More specifically:

Fire Emblem if Hoshido

A story focusing on protecting your Hoshidan birthplace and royal siblings from the Nohrian invasion. Outside the main story, you can earn experience and funds and freely develop your characters.

Fire Emblem if Nohr

In this story, you work with your Nohrian royal siblings to revolutionise the unruly Nohr from the inside. Compared to Hoshido, the difficulty is higher, with limited opportunities to earn experience and funds.

There's no explicit mention of a world map, but it's possible to imagine it being in Hoshido and not in Nohr.

Edited by VincentASM

The choice to make the Nohr path linear and the Hoshido path more Awakening-style is interesting.

Hoshido: A story focusing on protecting your Hoshidan birthplace and royal siblings from the Nohrian invasion.

"The Nohrians have infiltrated the premises! We need to defend the castle and kill the enemy commander before more reinforcements show up!"

"That's cool, brb gonna go blow up some monsters halfway across the continent"

And yeah I know this is pretty much the case with Awakening (and presumably Sacred Stones/Gaiden, but I haven't played those)

Nohr: In this story, you work with your Nohrian royal siblings to revolutionise the unruly Nohr from the inside.

Now obviously the Nohr plot will also have those types of situations, but if the main goal is to overthrow the corrupt ruling system rather than drive out a bunch of bloodthirsty glory-seekers, it seems like the plot would lend itself to more opportunities for the Nohrians to train by earning experience in preparation for their mutinies or whatever.

I'm wondering, would they be able to somehow address the Hoshidans' ability to grind and the Nohrians' lack thereof from a plot perspective? Or just brush it off as gameplay differences because they decided it would be that way.

I know we know next to nothing about the story at this point, but this is the impression I got judging by the few bits of information we do have *shrug*

Edited by Bovinian

One of the Nohr cutscenes shows the king sending the avatar somewhere. Maybe in the Hoshido side you're the actual leader of an army, while in Nohr most of the time you'll be following someone else?

Edited by NeonZ