Do you 'support' LGBT supports in "Fire Emblem: if"?

BRSxIgnition

Do you 'support' LGBT supports in "Fire Emblem: if"?  

451 members have voted

1. 1. Do you 'support' LGBT supports in "Fire Emblem: if"?

• Yes, I would like to see - or wouldn't mind - LGBT characters in "Fire Emblem: If"
    • No, I would not like to see - or would mind - LGBT characters in "Fire Emblem: If"

^Probably because FE4 introduced the Marriage and Children system that would eventually overtake Awakening and start massive arguments over who's dick should go up who's ass

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Characters had multiple pairing options and paired endings since like, FE4.

The bonuses you got from it were much less significant and it wasn't nearly as integral to the story or gameplay though.

EDIT: ^ That's an interesting way to word it, haha.

Edited by Draco

At the risk of being flamed to death and it having it held against me forever after: As a Catholic, while I am not against the existence of homosexuals, I am firmly against homosexual relationships on moral grounds.

I also would not support LGBT relationships in FE. You're a brave soul though, Aethin, for talking about this. I think honestly, in the end we can speculate all we want about what will or won't be in the game. We'll just have to wait until the game drops in Japan, and then the maddeningly anxious wait for some key things to be translated. *wriggles fingers* come to meeeeee naoooooo

You're probably right technically, but like someone above said, they look pretty ambiguous racially in general. Someone like Say'ri is clearly supposed to be Asian, but I can't that Lissa or L'arachel is clearly Japanese.

Hmm...perhaps? This is mentioning a different game, but I recall reading something about how in FFX they made Ashe's facial structure that of a French person's? But then they decided it wouldn't sit well with their domestic audience so they altered it to be more Asian. To my eyes, NONE of the characters looked really Asian to me, I'd have to stare at them intensely and analyze their faces for a long time.

^Probably because FE4 introduced the Marriage and Children system that would eventually overtake Awakening and start massive arguments over who's dick should go up who's ass

shit this sounds like something i would say.

i do have to say it is amusing how a competely optional feature overtook 13, granted most of that game is optional, but the marrage and children are one of the more optional ones.

Posted · Hidden by Tangerine, June 6, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Tangerine, June 6, 2015 - No reason given

Careful friend, with wording like that, you'd start a flame war!

Do try to be less open about that though, that's definitely the easiest way to start an argument.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Tangerine, June 6, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Tangerine, June 6, 2015 - No reason given

Careful friend, with wording like that, you'd start a flame war!

Do try to be less open about that though, that's definitely the easiest way to start an argument.

Sorry, but I'm just really against LGBT characters in video games.

Edited by YuriTails

While you say that, you should know that judging others is also against your Catholicism

Not actually the case. That quotation is always taken out of context. The specific passage is telling people not to judge without first addressing the same fault in themselves. It is actually our responsibility to correct others who have strayed from the path of righteousness.

[As Tryhard said, please don't let this evolve into a religious debate. Being religious myself, I HATE seeing people debate over homosexuality on religious grounds. Please leave religion out of this.

I don't expect to convert anyone, nor was my desire to spark a religious debate (though I wouldn't have been surprised if it had); I only intend to give my reasons and to show the other end of the spectrum, since this thread has been overwhelmingly pro-LGBT. As for "leave religion out of this," I would find it irresponsible to not bring religion into this, since it is the only truly important part of my life, and thus a major part of who I am.

And now that I've said my piece, I'm just going to go back to my normal excited fan self.

EDIT:

I also would not support LGBT relationships in FE. You're a brave soul though, Aethin, for talking about this. I think honestly, in the end we can speculate all we want about what will or won't be in the game. We'll just have to wait until the game drops in Japan, and then the maddeningly anxious wait for some key things to be translated. *wriggles fingers* come to meeeeee naoooooo

Didn't see this before. Hooray, I'm not alone! I must say, I'm really exited about the game. I won't be boycotting or anything if LGBT stuff is in it, since A) I can ignore it, and B) IntSys would not be daring enough to push it at all in such a high-publicity game. I really do have positive expectations of the games, even the Hoshido half. Edited by Aethin

As for the question, sure, why not? Nothing wrong with adding more features, as long as it's well implemented.

Can't ever go wrong with that.

Edited by Tangerine

I'd like to remind everyone that we have forum rules and you agreed to follow them when you signed up. You're free to state your opinion on a topic, but being offensive is going to get you warned.

Well... If they put in homosexual relationships in If, of course I'd be fine with it. Just as long as they don't make it stereotypical or how they usually portray it in other media. Because believe it or not, we're not all like that. It feels more...personal I guess for lack of a better word, to not have to play as a girl to romantically support a guy, and vice versa. But I do understand the other side's feelings about it, whether it makes them uncomfortable, their beliefs, etc. That's their opinion, and it's just as important as anyone else's. But it's important to have diversity as well, and most likely the supports will be optional, so it's something that can be avoided if it's not someone's cup of tea.

Not actually the case. That quotation is always taken out of context. The specific passage is telling people not to judge without first addressing the same fault in themselves. It is actually our responsibility to correct others who have strayed from the path of righteousness.

I don't expect to convert anyone, nor was my desire to spark a religious debate (though I wouldn't have been surprised if it had); I only intend to give my reasons and to show the other end of the spectrum, since this thread has been overwhelmingly pro-LGBT. As for "leave religion out of this," I would find it irresponsible to not bring religion into this, since it is the only truly important part of my life, and thus a major part of who I am.

And now that I've said my piece, I'm just going to go back to my normal excited fan self.

EDIT:

Didn't see this before. Hooray, I'm not alone! I must say, I'm really exited about the game. I won't be boycotting or anything if LGBT stuff is in it, since A) I can ignore it, and B) IntSys would not be daring enough to push it at all in such a high-publicity game. I really do have positive expectations of the games, even the Hoshido half.

hate to dive into religion but i interpreted it as sex is for procreation, no sex until after marriage. So gay relationships would only be thought of as a problem if they have sex, but then wouldn't that be the same sin as any other person who have had sex not for the purposes of procreation and were not married, which seems to me to be a quite a large portion of the population. And with modern understanding of medicine heres a question. should a woman who can't have kids be able to get married to a man under the Catholic church? And if so what is the difference between that situation and same sex relationships. Edited by goodperson707

Yeah, a post got removed.

shit this sounds like something i would say.

i do have to say it is amusing how a competely optional feature overtook 13, granted most of that game is optional, but the marrage and children are one of the more optional ones.

They're optional in that shitting in a toilet instead of on the ground is optional

^ So a modern connivence that is quite optional but is used by nearly everyone that you would get incredulous looks for thinking it as optional by most people.

Wow that sums up marriage and children in 13 near perfectly.

Except that toilet waste product is stinky/ dangerous to have around in large quantities and affects other people besides your self. While using children and marriage just makes it easier for you while not using it just barely affects things.

Edited by goodperson707

Holy cow. I did not expect this to hit 7 pages before I finished work tonight.

I'll go through and multiquote some of you instead of adding another page of just responses.

Glad to see that we're 83% to 17% in favor of LGBT supports in a FE game though, I'm happy that Serene's Forest is so inclusive.

I would love for LGBT relationships to be represented, but only if they are pulled off well. And in all honesty, I'm not confident in IS' ability to make a LGBT character without said character's sexuality being the whole basis of their personality or acting like a LGTB caricature. It would be nice if LGBT relationships were pulled off well, but I don't think it will happen sadly.

There should be LGBT characters in this. There is literally no good reason for there not to be, and I'm saying this as a straight guy.

However, I do doubt that it will actually happen (of course, pessimism is the natural state of the Clevelander, and I've been wrong about this sort of thing before).

if you can't beat awakening without the children then you are bad at fire emblem, let alone bad at awakening.

But what happens when I've never played Awakening

But what happens when I've never played Awakening

You lack perspective.

Despite that I wouldn't say you're wrong. Up until I got the game no one said anything about the gameplay, everything was about the supports. When I got it the supports were the only fun I got out of it.

then why are you arguing over a game you haven't played? that is literal internet forum silliness 101, to the point where super paper Mario makes fun of it.

I wasn't arguing over it.

I was just saying that units that inherit stats boosts and skills from earlier units while also still having a natural level progression and decent growth rates seem a bit useful

Edited by Soapbar

I was just saying that units that inherit stats boosts and skills from earlier units while also still having a natural level progression and decent growth rates are a bit useful

you can't get them over the main story, you have to stop your progress of the main story just to get them, then you got to stop it further to grind them up.

they are amelia's and ewans when you already have a team of seths in comparison.

I was just saying that units that inherit stats boosts and skills from earlier units while also still having a natural level progression and decent growth rates are a bit useful

They aren't. You can grind any unit in the game with an item called a Reeking box. Once the level is maxed out, you can use a new item called a Second Seal to change to a different class while retaining all of your stat gains.

All of the stats of one character can be higher than 40 halfway through the game. Most of the enemies outside optional maps never come close to matching you.

By the time you clear the maps that you get the kids from, they'll be too weak to be of any use outside supports.

Edited by Solkia