Do you 'support' LGBT supports in "Fire Emblem: if"?

BRSxIgnition

Do you 'support' LGBT supports in "Fire Emblem: if"?  

451 members have voted

1. 1. Do you 'support' LGBT supports in "Fire Emblem: if"?

• Yes, I would like to see - or wouldn't mind - LGBT characters in "Fire Emblem: If"
    • No, I would not like to see - or would mind - LGBT characters in "Fire Emblem: If"

I don't really see why anyone would be opposed to this.

Just the way some people are raised, I guess.

I also don't really want the return of having the avatar romance anyone (didn't like how it was handled in fe13) but that's for another thread.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter if it's the internet; It's my right as an artist.

Please use something else for your avatar.

It is a shame, but so be it. How do you like the new one?

It would seem that most people wouldn't care if it's included or not, but just vote and bounce. 85% percent of people vote for the not against/for option and do not post in the thread. Interesting.

Edit: Numbers changed. 84%

Edited by Honey Bunny

http://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-3ca5889a630d721e0ca0659bb07132c1?convert_to_webp=true

just remembered that this quote exists while keeping up on the thread, i mean do we really have to be offended?

It's funny; I actually say that I'm offended to avoid offending people. Saying that I'm offended says that I am personally hurt by certain actions and would appreciate if they acknowledge that. If I say that certain offensive actions are morally reprehensible then I'm saying that they are bad and they should feel bad.

It would seem that most people wouldn't care if it's included or not, but just vote and bounce. 85% percent of people vote for the not against/for option and do not post in the thread. Interesting.

Edit: Numbers changed. 84%

Uh what are you trying to say? your post is confusing are you saying that everyone who voted yes, left the thread, cause that is 2214 % not true. and if some people did leave after saying yes what does that matter, it just indicates that a higher percentage of people who said no are posting on this subject vs the ones who said yes. Plus how do you know who posted and voted i thought this was a non public poll.

At the risk of being flamed to death and it having it held against me forever after: As a Catholic, while I am not against the existence of homosexuals, I am firmly against homosexual relationships on moral grounds.

Romantic relationships are meant to find spouses, and so relationships that are not open to--or that cannot lead to--marriage are morally reprehensible.

At the risk of being flamed to death and it having it held against me forever after: As a Catholic, while I am not against the existence of homosexuals, I am firmly against homosexual relationships on moral grounds.

Romantic relationships are meant to find spouses, and so relationships that are not open to--or that cannot lead to--marriage are morally reprehensible.

While you say that, you should know that judging others is also against your Catholicism, as God is meant to be the ultimate judge of people, not yourself or anyone else.

Not really up for a religious debate, but I can't say people won't have a problem with you calling it morally reprehensible.

Edited by Tryhard

While you say that, you should know that judging others is also against your Catholicism, as God is meant to meant to be the ultimate judge of people, not yourself or anyone else.

Not really up for a religious debate, but I can't say people won't have a problem with you calling it morally reprehensible.

Your comment is pretty ignorant of the source material but I agree. And secondly, who cares. It's a game. For EVERYONE. In the guy's own statement, it seems like he would have to be okay with it if gay marriage was legal everywhere. He's on a funny nonsensical slope.

So yeah. Just came in to say don't throw around stuff when you clearly don't know what the source material says, because it definitely says otherwise. It's pretty rough on non-believers.

Edited by Ghostlander

Uh what are you trying to say? your post is confusing are you saying that everyone who voted yes, left the thread, cause that is 2214 % not true. and if some people did leave after saying yes what does that matter, it just indicates that a higher percentage of people who said no are posting on this subject vs the ones who said yes. Plus how do you know who posted and voted i thought this was a non public poll.

Sorry, didn't mean anything. While I am not certainly not saying that everyone who voted yes left (because that is obviously not true) there is a higher post to vote ratio on the against it side. It was just something I noted, and figured I'd share.

It's odd these days to bring in the religion card when so many people are detached from church but I understand you. I'm a religious devotee myself and due to my faith I can't exactly agree with the addition of LGBT members. I will not vote in this poll since matters of the world like videogames are decided by humans and matters of the soul are handled by God. I will respect any members of the LGBT if they are included in the game, and if even at my lowest, I could simply not pair them together. Romance is an optional event in Fire Emblem, simply let those characters reach A rank and avoid the S rank if it still exists.

Whatever the game developer decides, we'll be revealed in a matter of weeks or possibly days if the next Famitsu clears all doubts.

I don't know about where you live, but in the US (depending on state) and other countries you can marry the same gender. So is it only morally wrong where it isn't legal?

It's odd these days to bring in the religion card when so many people are detached from church but I understand you. I'm a religious devotee myself and due to my faith I can't exactly agree with the addition of LGBT members. I will not vote in this poll since matters of the world like videogames are decided by humans and matters of the soul are handled by God. I will respect any members of the LGBT if they are included in the game, and if even at my lowest, I could simply not pair them together. Romance is an optional event in Fire Emblem, simply let those characters reach A rank and avoid the S rank if it still exists.

Whatever the game developer decides, we'll be revealed in a matter of weeks or possibly days if the next Famitsu clears all doubts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion

Uhh....

I know, I know, wikipedia is not a credible source. Don't care. According to that chart, only 10 out of the displayed 63 countries have more nonreligious than religious countries. In the US, only 33% of people are nonreligious. Not sure why you say 'so many people are detached form church'. That being said, I agree entirely with the rest of your post, especially the bolded sentence.

EDIT: As Tryhard said, please don't let this evolve into a religious debate. Being religious myself, I HATE seeing people debate over homosexuality on religious grounds. Please leave religion out of this.

Edited by Blaze The Great

Your comment is pretty ignorant of the source material but I agree.

So yeah. Just came in to say don't throw around stuff when you clearly don't know what the source material says, because it definitely says otherwise. It's pretty rough on non-believers.

If you say so. I don't claim to be the best scholar around but I am aware of several quotes that are in line with what I said.

It is a pity that it will likely devolve into a religious argument. It usually does.

Edited by Tryhard

I would not mind more diversity in the Fire Emblem rosters but wouldn't limit this just to sexuality. Racial diversity, ability-based diversity, age-based diversity etc. It hardly takes much to notice that the majority of Fire Emblem characters are white, able-bodied, young, and straight (and it can probably be argued that many forms of modern popular media in the Western world follows the same trend).

I'm not saying it's any kind of competition, because that would start a flame war that could probably burn the Internet itself.

They... they're Japanese. If you compare the facial structures of the drawings between Caucasian and Asian genetics they lean more towards the latter. Sure the kingdoms are generally based on western civilization, but that doesn't mean the characters look like white people. By that logic every Japanese schoolgirl in an anime has the tumblr definition white privilege.

Anyways I'd much rather the characters be well written instead of having token options. Glorious character development is the number one goal and romantic relationships in any form don't outrank that. Sure having options would be great and I wouldn't have to play as Male!Kamui to hook up with Elfie, but who would really want to virtually hook up but not really with a one dimensional character?

Then there's the subject of race and.... yeah. Japan. Possible, yet at the same time highly unlikely. After all the entire equality demographics in businesses and such is largely a political issue in North America and to lesser extents of varying degrees elsewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion

Uhh....

I know, I know, wikipedia is not a credible source. Don't care. According to that chart, only 10 out of the displayed 63 countries have more nonreligious than religious countries. In the US, only 33% of people are nonreligious. Not sure why you say 'so many people are detached form church'. That being said, I agree entirely with the rest of your post, especially the bolded sentence.

EDIT: As Tryhard said, please don't let this evolve into a religious debate. Being religious myself, I HATE seeing people debate over homosexuality on religious grounds. Please leave religion out of this.

Don't worry, I'll try to be more concise with my idea and I don't want spark a flame war either on religious grounds. Now I know that at least in the US, one third of the population is non-religious taken from most likely a census. Still, this doesn't account for people who are more lenient in their views and are more detached from their church but they still believe God exists. These people generally agree with the matters surrounding the world or take a neutral stance at least regarding issues like these.

I say this more because of personal experience since more people I know are departing from the ideas that they were taught in Sunday school. I apologize if perhaps using most people was a bit magnanimous, but that's just how I see it personally.

Yes yes yes, please. I'm bi, and I'd love to see more representation in the game (I don't view Kamui as a self-insert but the option of same-sex romance would be nice) Although knowing most Japanese games with a similar support system, they're going to screw it up by making the lgbqt characters super tropey and borderline offensive.

I'm going to agree with an earlier comment that said "the best gay characters are the ones you didn't know were gay", which doesn't mean hidden, just that they have strong personalities outside their sexuality, and it's not the first thing you remark on. I'd cite Bill from The Last of Us as a good gay character. Gays should be in proportion to the number of characters overall, 10 gay characters in a cast of 40 is hard to swallow.

I have an idea of how it might work (this is something I came up with in a couple of minutes, so don't blame me if it is horrible.)

They can make it so that everybody can get an S-Support with everyone they can support with. Before you say, "An entire army of bisexual people doesn't make sense," I think it could be more along the lines of previous games' A-Supports, instead of Awakening's S-Supports.. S-Supports could be in one of three categories. Those categories being undeniably romantic, undeniably platonic, and vague. The vague S-Supports could be interpreted as either romantic or platonic, depending on your preferences. For example, let's say that Male Kamui can get an S-Support with Gunther, Joker, and Cyrus among others. Gunther's conversation and ending could be undeniably platonic, saying their relationship was like that of a standard father-and-son. Joker's could be vague, saying something along the lines of "Some historians claim that their relationship was odd compared to the typical master and servant." This can be interpreted as either platonic (odd because they were close friends) or romantic (odd because they were in a romantic relationship as well.) Finally, Cyrus' could be undeniably romantic, which would be relatively easy, while somewhat controversial, to explain. They could even mention the controversy in the conversation or ending. Any thoughts?

I don't know about all supports being possible to reach S rank but I would like it if they were used to mark paired endings, regardless of what that relationship is; brothers, lovers, true friends, student and mentor, what have you.