New Class Introduction Videos!

rmodz

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two favorite weapon types (Lance/Bow) have been combined with a flying mount. Somebody hold me.

holds fellow squad 7 member.

my 2 favorite weapon types also.

also the mount is frekin amazing

So Garou is the class name for the Nohr shifter?

That pretty much confirms he's a werewolf.

There's a French variation of the werewolf myth referred to as Loup-Garou.

Yeah the description says werewolf (人狼) as well.

Hoshido Classes

Shura ("carnage")- Promoted Oni (clubs and magic)

Blacksmith - Hero equivalent (kanatas and clubs)

"Spear saint" - Promoted Lancer (only naginatas)

Basara ("go crazy") - Naginata and magic (Mage promotion)

Exorcist - magic and staves

Yamabushi (ascetic monk) - lances and staves

War Miko - bows and staves (Sakura and Mikoto class)

Holy Pegasus - naginatas and staves

Golden Kite warrior - naginatas and bows

"Bow saint" - sniper equivalent

Jonin (ninja master) - hidden and swords

Puppeteer - hidden and bows (they're shot out of the puppet, that's so cool!!!)

Kamui's Hoshido promotion - White Tribe - Sword, Dragonstone, Staff

I gotta thank you for the list...

So far, with 75% accuracy, the Hoshido Class Trees look like this:

Samurai [sword] (Swordmaster, Weapon Master [+Axe, +Lance])

Oni Savage [Axe] (Shura [+Magic], Blacksmith [+Sword])

Lancer [Lance] ("Spear"master, Either Weapon Master [+Sword, +Axe] OR "BASARA" [+Magic])

Spellcaster [Magic] ( Exorcist [+Staff], "BASARA" [+Lance])

Priest [staff] (Benkei-style Monk [+Lance], Exorcist [+Magic])

Shrine Maiden [staff] (War Maiden [+Bow], Exorcist [+Magic])

Pegasus Warrior [Lance] (Seraph Warrior [+Staff], "Phoenix" Warrior [+Bow])

Archer [bow] (Sniper, Either "Phoenix" Warrior [+Lance] or Puppeteer [+Concealed])

Ninja [Concealed] ("Jonin" [+Sword], Puppeteer [+Bow])

Fox-Spirit (Nine-Tailed Fox)

Villager [Lance] (???)

Edited by AstraSage

First thing first, thank you !

Crap. Hoshido have all sort of great classes. :(

Kamui's White Tribe can use staves, that's more useful than tomes. And dat Holy Pegasus and white-nine-tailed fox, just so freaking badass.

... But beyond that, Nohr is better. :p

May I point out the "Severa," in this game is depicted in what I believe is this game's Bow Knight class on the Nohr side?

What's interesting to note, is in Awakening's class roll, if I recall, Severa showcased the Bow Knight class there, too.

I'd like to think this is a nice callback and not a coincidence.

Edited by ~Silver

Some full class descriptions of the new Nohr classes:

Dark Prince/Princess - Royalty donning the equipment of the Nohrian royal family. Inside their body conceals the power of a dragon.

Garu – A werewolf cursed to eat humans. Has superior strength and speed.

Adventurer – An adventurer that seeks out treasure in ancient ruins. Using bows and staves, they show off a variety of talents.

Revenant Knight – A warrior attended by a magical dragon. Tramples and overruns the enemy with axes and magic.

Mana Garu – A high-ranking werewolf with a tenacious physical presence. Holds an even greater ability than Garus.

Dark Blood – A high-class person who holds the spirit of Nohr. Uses magic in addition to swords and dragonstones.

I'd do Hoshido too but they all have incredibly old kanji that makes translating them painful.

Edited by Sky Soldier

So maid is the only Nohr class that gets Concealed weapons? I can see Felicia being a very important character in the Nohr route, since that debuff is helpfull... unless it's actually not that helpful.

Wait, holds the blood of Nohr? But isn't Kamui or Corrin Hoshidian?

Considering Dark Blood is the Nohrian upgrade, it's possible that after fighting for Nohr for so long, Kamui considers themselves to be of Nohrian blood in spite of what their bloodline says. Kind of like how two comrades would consider themselves blood brothers even if they come from two different families.

Edited by TKHikaru13

EDIT:

Neofranky, Nohr gets Kaze as an ally.

He combined these two sentences together:

One who possesses the spirit of Nohr. Royalty of noble blood (this probably sounds less redundant in Japanese).

EDIT:

Neofranky, Nohr gets Kaze as an ally.

One who possesses the spirit of Nohr. Royalty of noble blood (this probably sounds less redundant in Japanese).

Yes, you are correct. I got careless with seeing blood everywhere in the descriptions.

I truthfully don't know much here, but how closely associated are Korea and Japan? I thought the general asia area didn't like being thought of as a single culture, but maybe I am thinking of Japan and China. Like I said, I really don't know though.

Don't conflate Korea and Japan. . .it's the fast track to ticking off both sides' elders (or the ones that remember the old days).

I really like the War Miko class! Using bows and staves reminds me of Rosa from Final Fantasy IV, which is awesome!

I like it because it emphasizes the fact that Sakura shouldn't be anywhere near the front lines!

My two favorite weapon types (Lance/Bow) have been combined with a flying mount. Somebody hold me.

k. Off to Purgatory you go~! :P:

So, if Kamui's promotions are related to which side he chooses, will he have a third promotion option in the third path?

Huh. That WOULD be interesting. Perhaps he'll just end up as some superior version of himself - better stats/caps but no new weapons?

---

I wound up not-watching the video as closely as I should've, because I was too busy concentrating on the voices. The only things I remember are:

- FLYING BOW UNIT, ALL RIGHT~!

- Don't care for the general class, because dropping your weapon in the middle of battle seems silly.

- DO care for the Knight class, because shield bashing is awesome.

- It looks like Nohr's the only one with dark magic? Unless Tsukuyomi/Orochi can wield it or something. Or perhaps dark magic isn't in the game?

- I have no idea how the hell stats play into the Puppeteer class, but its utility conflicts with the absolutely badass representation of the Jounin class. WHY DO YOU DO THIS IS?!

- Mozume amuses me, and I don't know why.

Loving the number of units that can dual wield a weapon and magic (Basara's lances and magic, Shura and Revenant Knight's axes + magic), I just hope they have good magic growths.

I personally thought that the horses in Awakening weren't that great. The way they ran was so odd and weird, so I'm glad they got around that with jumping.

Agreed.

I'm looking through the Nohr video, and oh god those mounted horse unit attack animations.

Why are the horses hopping straight up into the air and coming down for an attack? They also have that slightly modified jump turn they had in Awakening. I don't think any of these moves are something a horse could or would do anyway. Ugh... they're just so weird.

...I'm guessing you hated the GBA games than, because they did a lot more unrealistic things than anything shown in this video.

So, if Kamui's promotions are related to which side he chooses, will he have a third promotion option in the third path?

He'll be the first unit who can wield 4 weapons!

This makes a lot more sense thematically. Kamui's foreign, but they still have Nohrian spirit.

- Mozume amuses me, and I don't know why.

It's the way she's holding her lance. It looks far too big for her.

Well, the Alternative would be that Kamui's Default Class Tree is Nohr Prince/ss [sword, Stone] (Nohr Descent [+Magic], Hoshido Descent [+Staff]) and the Third Path just gives the player the Freedom of Choosing which Branch to promote into when using a Master Seal like a standard class instead of going directly into one of said Branches like the the other paths seem to imply...

Edited by AstraSage