Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question idk if this is already asked but what lv requirement you need to get the base class skills and advance class skills, is it the same with awakening lv 1 and 10 for base as for advance 5 and 15?

Yes.

Do you just get everything that comes before the skill (for the class) at certain level since there's no level reset? Or if you get something at, say, level 5 and then go into another class, you're shit out of luck for the other class's level 5 skill?

Do you just get everything that comes before the skill (for the class) at certain level since there's no level reset? Or if you get something at, say, level 5 and then go into another class, you're shit out of luck for the other class's level 5 skill?

If you class change, you get all the skills you missed at a rate of 1 per level.

Ugh, things for skills these days have gotten so confusing. On another note, seems like copycat gonna become a staple skill like Galeforce was. Granted, it' a double-edged sword, but stacking healing skills or the capability of moving one away from enemy fire and into a healer's range can essentially extend the life of an OP unit you have by tenfold. Thus allowing for a one-char sweeping method to be a thing, again. Just try imagining two Nosfera-tank MUs taking out the enemy as a technical one-man army. On another note, like the idea on how much of a mage killer falcon knights are now, keeps them from dying to wind tomes, otherwise though they are still incredibly weak. But hey, get them galeforce and so long as it's only mages they're up against then they won't have trouble keeping away from other enemy types.

If you class change, you get all the skills you missed at a rate of 1 per level.

So, what about base level class skills? If we promote to a second tier class, are those skills forever unobtainable to us? Like, if I want Vantage but I've already promoted, if I reclass into a Trueblade will I first obtain the Samurai Skills before the Trueblade skills or do we not receive them at all?

No, you get the base class skills too, one per level, before you start getting the promoted class ones.

Sweet. That's reassuring. Now we can (sort of) get all of the skills aside from Singer, Garou, and Youko related classes.

Also, do the Buddy seal work inversely with the Avatar? I.e I'm a male Avatar and I A-Support with Silas, does he get my secondary classs (I know he ain't getting my Nohr Prince class).

Sweet. That's reassuring. Now we can (sort of) get all of the skills aside from Singer, Garou, and Youko related classes.

Also, do the Buddy seal work inversely with the Avatar? I.e I'm a male Avatar and I A-Support with Silas, does he get my secondary classs (I know he ain't getting my Nohr Prince class).

No, because no one can have an A+ support with the avatar. The avatar's buddy everyone only goes one way.

I tried asking in a separate topic, but its seeming to get no response, so I'll ask here, as I probably should have to begin with:

How does Open Assault interact with flying units? Is is whether or not the terrain gives terrain effects that is important, or whether or not the flying unit is receiving terrain effects that is important. (In other words, is it essentially always one for fliers?)

Likewise, Confined Defense… is it essentially always off for fliers?

Quick Question- Do the Skills which you get from items expire after a chapter, or are they permanent skills you can keep and swap out?

As mentioned, they haven't been released.

But in all likelihood, you can probably keep them like in Awakening. The developers aren't that evil XD

As mentioned, they haven't been released.

But in all likelihood, you can probably keep them like in Awakening. The developers aren't that evil XD

How will we be obtaining them though? I'm putting my money on DLC maps where you are rewarded with one of the items after beating the map.

How will we be obtaining them though? I'm putting my money on DLC maps where you are rewarded with one of the items after beating the map.

That's my guess as well.

There will be DLC maps and there needs to be a way to get these items, so put two and two together and...

Besides the skill books, there are two classes--the Ballistician and Witch--which are explicitly called Outrealm Classes (aka "gotten from DLC") in their description.

I am incredibly hyped for the Ballistician. I got a ton of mileage out of them in Shadow Dragon and New Mystery.

The drain skills sound kind of insane for regular play since you are very regularly outnumbered.

I'm seeing that for some skills under miscellaneous there is a "???" under obtain (such as motherfucking Dragonskin which got a buff, Divine Shield which is basically Awakening's Dragonskin, Freeze, Infinite Staff, etc.). I'm assuming that these are enemy only skills similar to the Lunatic(+) only skills that enemies had back in Awakening. Several of those skills are either debilitating/nigh-useless if the player had them, or they are supremely broken either way.

Edited by BlueSunStudios

So I maxed out my Avatar's skill and gave her Flamboyance, Hoshido, and Breaking Sky, and was considering this:

-Make an avatar with +SKILL asset

-Put the avatar in a class with a 35 SKILL cap

-Get Breaking Sky, Hoshido, Flamboyance, and use any means necessary to get your skill stat over 50

For example:

39 skill = 58% chance to activate Breaking Sky, 29% chance to activate Dragon Fang

With Skill+2

41 skill = 61% chance to activate Breaking Sky, 30% chance to activate Dragon Fang

After a "Rally Skill"

45 skill = 67% chance to activate Breaking Sky, 33% chance to activate Dragon Fang

With a Support that gives +4 skill

49 skill = 73% chance to activate Breaking Sky, 36% chance to activate Dragon Fang

After a Skill Tonic

51 skill = 76% chance to activate Breaking Sky, 38% chance to activate Dragon Fang

After Hoshido

86% chance to activate Breaking Sky, 48% chance to activate Dragon Fang

After Flamboyance

100% chance to activate Breaking Sky, 63% chance to activate Dragon Fang

After Robin's Rally Spectrum, assuming it still stacks with other rallies

100% chance to activate Breaking Sky, 66% chance to activate Dragon Fang

I have been running something very similar on my Avatar, just without Skill+2 and Rally Spectrum, giving me a 89% chance to activate Breaking Sky and a 57% chance to activate Dragon Fang. It's proved very effective and Saizou is running something similar without Hoshido that is almost as powerful. The only thing stopping me from pushing it further is this: is there a cap on the skill activation rate? Is it even possible to reach 100%?

Edited by gayserbeam

Alright, from lurking this thread for a bit and seeing the list of available skills, I got a question regarding buyable skills.

So my original plan was having a Dark Blood Kamui with Shadowgift, so I can make the most out of my 3 weapon types. That said, I'm not fond of playing as Femui, so after seeing the Witch Class' limitations (genderlocked DLC class), I was wondering if DLC/Genderlocked skills are buyable from people that have the class (Provided I have the corresponding DLC that allows me to identify said skill)

This applies to Demoiselle/Distinguished Son as well. If I find a Femui with Demoiselle and I want it on my Mamui, Is that possible?

Alright, from lurking this thread for a bit and seeing the list of available skills, I got a question regarding buyable skills.

So my original plan was having a Dark Blood Kamui with Shadowgift, so I can make the most out of my 3 weapon types. That said, I'm not fond of playing as Femui, so after seeing the Witch Class' limitations (genderlocked DLC class), I was wondering if DLC/Genderlocked skills are buyable from people that have the class (Provided I have the corresponding DLC that allows me to identify said skill)

This applies to Demoiselle/Distinguished Son as well. If I find a Femui with Demoiselle and I want it on my Mamui, Is that possible?

Skills aren't gender-locked, so it is almost certainly possible to purchase or inherit a gender-specific skill. However, it might be impossible to purchase DLC skills, that hasn't been confirmed yet.

Remember though that the only Dark Tome in the game right now is Nosferatu, so you are better off just getting Sol than Shadowgift.