Release hype thread

VincentASM

Same here? I don't know maybe I'm just a bit hurt because the story felt "proper" for me, based entirely on the characters' perspectives and it seemed to work out after seeing the Hoshido route. I jsut feel people are over-looking the fact that you can't just wake up one day and go "I'm starting a revolution to overthrow the King/my father".

and yet, that's pretty much exactly what endsup happening the way the story currently plays out by having the characters make the decision to overthrow Garon at the very end of the story, on a dime. If You could probably develop the hows and whys of said revolution much more deeply if the entire story actually revolved around it as the marketing made it seem.

Edited by butts

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and yet, that's pretty much exactly what endsup happening the way the story currently plays out by having the characters make the decision to overthrow Garon at the very end of the story, on a dime. If You could probably develop the hows and whys of said revolution much more deeply if the entire story actually revolved around it as the marketing made it seem.

Going by when it happens in the storyline, they decide this after Kamui learns that Garon is actually a slime monster, Ryouma's dead and the war with Hoshido is technically over (hence not having to worry about another enemy faction), and after you've recruited a somewhat relevant number of units, though. Makes more sense at this point in time than, say, chapter 8 or even 15.

Thankful I am not the only one who felt uncomfortable from Nohr thread. Yeah I agree with you, I feel like the chars in Nohr are more "complex" than in Hoshido.

Edited by huythekirby

Going by when it happens in the storyline, they decide this after Kamui learns that Garon is actually a slime monster, Ryouma's dead and the war with Hoshido is technically over (hence not having to worry about another enemy faction), and after you've recruited a somewhat relevant number of units, though. Makes more sense at this point in time than, say, chapter 8 or even 15.

it'd make the Most Sense imo, if overthrowing Garon involved more than making a decision on a whim to do so with a handful of personal guards and some siblings. As things stand, you're really not "changing nohr" so much as "assassinating the current king". And since the world of FE:If isn't very deep or nuanced, that's all it takes -- but I was hoping for something a little more when they kept hammering that the plot of the Nohr side was more complex.

it'd make the Most Sense imo, if overthrowing Garon involved more than making a decision on a whim to do so with a handful of personal guards and some siblings. As things stand, you're really not "changing nohr" so much as "assassinating the current king". And since the world of FE:If isn't very deep or nuanced, that's all it takes -- but I was hoping for something a little more when they kept hammering that the plot of the Nohr side was more complex.

This I can agree with, as far as I remember all the build-up is never explicitly brought up and changing Nohr did fall basically on the line of "Kill Garon, let Marx be a better king". While my personal opinion is that the characters themselves are complex and the pacing of the route sort of makes sense, I do agree that it would've been nice to see more chances at how you're trying to change things or those chances being something more than "I'll do what father wants, but in my own way".

So, any word on whether or not Hoshido characters can use Nohr weapons and vice-versa? Also, what's the deal with dual wielding? I saw a trueblade unit (Hisame) in a class overview video dual wielding katanas. Is it his personal skill, a class skill limited to trueblades, or is it a special weapon?

Enjoy it for those of us that can't, Jeremy

If I'm not mistaken, you can use weapons from the opposite game by buying them at someone else's My Castle. As for the dual wielding, I wouldn't really know what to tell you as I've seen the units too but no one exactly explained.

Edited by Leitmotif

Enjoy it for those of us that can't, Jeremy

If I'm not mistaken, you can use weapons from the opposite game by buying them at someone else's My Castle. As for the dual wielding, I wouldn't really know what to tell you as I've seen the units too but no one exactly explained.

I don't see why not, many shops like CDJapan do ship almost anywhere in the world.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/tokuten/games_JBCZ-4016

So, any word on whether or not Hoshido characters can use Nohr weapons and vice-versa? Also, what's the deal with dual wielding? I saw a trueblade unit (Hisame) in a class overview video dual wielding katanas. Is it his personal skill, a class skill limited to trueblades, or is it a special weapon?

I'm going to assume that either Hisama is the only Sword Saint (a.k.a. Trueblade) that wields two swords (or aesthetically he wields two swords when he can only equip one), that Ryoma is the only Sword Saint that attacks with one sword, or that certain swords will not be duplicated aesthetically when used by Sword Saints (like Ryoma's Thunder God Sword). Personally, my money's on the third theory.

Edited by BlueSunStudios

I don't see why not, many shops like CDJapan do ship almost anywhere in the world.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/tokuten/games_JBCZ-4016

Oh, I'm aware, the main issue for me is that I recently moved to a newly built block and our address doesn't show up on places yet, so packages have been getting lost a lot. That and Mexico can be pretty awful with shipping.

Hey quick question?

I was searching the list of available skills since I'm planning to make the most out of my Kamui and his potential Spouse & Children at least when the game hits stateside.

Do we know anything about the Witch and Ballistician classes yet? Are they usable (a'la Dread Scrolls/Bouquets in Awakening) or are these Enemy-Exclusive classes?) Cause Dark Blood with Shadowgift sounds badass as all hell, if it's female exclusive I'd even go Femui for that alone. (I personally have a hard time connecting with my character if i'm a girl, since I'm a guy and just can't relate normally).

I dunno very much about the story, but from what I can tell (this is all hearsay though, I don't know japanese)

From what I can tell, when you actually start invading Hoshido in Chapter ~22, Xander begins to "have doubts". From what I can tell, it's definitely more or less, sort of, not going to work if you try to overthrow Garon without Xander's support, so by the end of the game, Xander is fully on your side after witnessing the invasion of Hoshido, so together you all confront Garon. At this time, it's not known that he's a water familiar yet. I'm not sure about the dialogue but we all know we defeat the water familiar. That's all that's relevant here though, from what I can tell. Who knows

That's a bigger ripoff than the YAJ scalper prices lol...

http://www.play-asia.com/fire-emblem-if-special-edition/13/708pvh

...................................................................................................................................................

I thought play-asia would have scalped the price higher for that like they did for some amiibo..... that's like... $15 cheaper than what I paid on amazon w/ shipping...... damn...

Edit Plus last time I checked play-asia it said they were out of stock and weren't getting any new ones...

Edited by Xanek

...................................................................................................................................................

I thought play-asia would have scalped the price higher for that like they did for some amiibo..... that's like... $15 cheaper than what I paid on amazon w/ shipping...... damn...

Edit Plus last time I checked play-asia it said they were out of stock and weren't getting any new ones...

Play-Asia likely kept some stock, pretended they were sold out and then after some time miraculously have stock at a higher price. Of course this is baseless, but I know from experience some retailers in Hong Kong pull this stunt, other than breaking street dates as much as possible.

Play-Asia likely kept some stock, pretended they were sold out and then after some time miraculously have stock at a higher price. Of course this is baseless, but I know from experience some retailers in Hong Kong pull this stunt, other than breaking street dates as much as possible.

Yeah they "just ran out", so unless they magically get more, then they're bs'ing us lol.

Won't get my copy until next week D:

Also this whole Soleil shit is pissing me off, I get what people are saying, but it's getting out of hand from beyond it's original argument and purpose.

Edited by Xanek

Also this whole Soleil shit is pissing me off, I get what people are saying, but it's getting out of hand from beyond it's original argument and purpose.

Wait what are people saying? From what I've gathered about the character, she's just Inigo's daughter who inherited his obsession with girls (yet I dunno if she's actually les/bi due to not having any same-sex S supports)

Wait what are people saying? From what I've gathered about the character, she's just Inigo's daughter who inherited his obsession with girls (yet I dunno if she's actually les/bi due to not having any same-sex S supports)

Support with M!Kamui. Just... http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55343

And then somebody jokingly tweeted about it as if it was a massive issue only for Destructoid to pick it up.

Edited by The DanMan