"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

I don't think it's been mentioned anywhere. All we've got are the names of different kingdoms and regions. It really makes one wonder why it hasn't been mentioned.

And considering all of the reincarnation shenanigans...

and considering the amount of dairy that IS is producing from all the cows they're milking...

I'm betting it's going to be revealed in the third path..... Unless someone who has played the third path can justify...

I wouldn't exactly bet on that. I mean, it's not like it is really significant to the plot that it warrants to be something revealed in only the 3rd path as it is only a name. Unless the 3rd path does something in its ending that signifies the world as a prequel to another one that's already established.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BIG THIRD PATH SPOILER

With Kamui being the child of Mikoto and Hydra, it's possible that Mikoto actually has this precognition, seeing how Hydra can see the future.

But I've no clue to Mikoto's exact relationship to Hydra.

But wouldn't she have foreseen Kamui coming back to Hoshido with an exploding sword in that case

Question: Post Nohr Campaign is it open map? Or Hoshido for that matter? I rarely grind "durging game" but post game I like to max all my units if possible- both in 8 and 13. I would love to do that after Nohr... Make them all 20/20! ( or did I hear that there were three tiers? If so 20/20/20.)

Question: Post Nohr Campaign is it open map? Or Hoshido for that matter? I rarely grind "durging game" but post game I like to max all my units if possible- both in 8 and 13. I would love to do that after Nohr... Make them all 20/20! ( or did I hear that there were three tiers? If so 20/20/20.)

From what I understand, post game Nohr doesn't really have any exp grinding... You could always grind supports though through My Castle battles...

[spoiler=big spoiler?]...which would unlock paralogues for child units assuming you paired up couples to get their S ranks and respective kids after completing the main game.

For Hoshido, apparently you have to pay for skirmishes but can keep grinding... I don't know where the third tier of 20 levels idea came from.(unless that's the cap from eternal seals?) Speaking of which there is an item called the eternal seal which raises the level cap by 5 levels but apparently costs 12,000 gold.

this has almost certainly been answered, but i haven't had the internet in awhile and so i'm behind in information. i don't wanna sift through everything.

[spoiler='the question]how are the ages of children explained in this game? it's not time travel right?

this has almost certainly been answered, but i haven't had the internet in awhile and so i'm behind in information. i don't wanna sift through everything.

[spoiler='the question]how are the ages of children explained in this game? it's not time travel right?

It's time travel. ;p

Of a sort. Or rather more like the hyperbolic time chamber from Dragonball Z. The kids age quicker in a parallel dimension, whether this is My Castle itself or some other dimensions I am slightly fuzzy on.

But basically like Narnia or the Hyperbolic chamber time goes by far faster in that dimension while the normal world may have very little time pass at all.

...so not quite time travel, or at least a slightly different method than Awakening. Hope that helps? >.>

[spoiler=Question regarding other route's characters in a given route]

Are they any consequences for killing Hoshido characters in Nohr (besides bosses) and vice versa? I'm been avoiding it as a matter of principle but tbh the exp could be useful. >_>

Edited by XeKr

[spoiler=Question regarding other route's characters in a given route]

Are they any consequences for killing Hoshido characters in Nohr (besides bosses) and vice versa? I'm been avoiding it as a matter of principle but tbh the exp could be useful. >_>

There's no known consequences for killing them so far, not that it could get any worse. Some of the subordinates don't actually die the first time you face them because they'll appear again on a later map. If the requirement isn't rout all enemies, you usually can spare them and go directly for the boss (as long as they don't kill you in the process...). In the Hoshido route,

There's a map where you can turn Arthur and Effie into NPC allies by talking with Kamui (this happens because Elise is also there), however keeping them from suicide-charging into the enemy can be a problem... I don't know if there's any reward for them surviving that particular map though.

Also on the Hoshido route, if a Nohrian sibling survives, their subordinates will also be alive in a narrative way even if you kill them.

Edited by Ryo

Regarding Grinding:

In both Hoshido and Nohr, the last chapter you can save is Chapter 27, there is no epilogue to save over (I'm pretty sure about this.)

As such, when you beat the game, you continue from this save file, before Chapter 27.

In Hoshido, generally speaking the monsters will drop more gold than you paid to open the map

The Wing Shield Skill has the Delphi shield effect, with the added bonus of giving the unit terrain bonuses. There is currently no known way to get the skill though, it seems to be attached to an item in a dlc sort of manner, so it might be dlc.

Hello good sirs and Madams,

would someone be so kind and show me the male / female berserker models? the main page pics are incredibly small. As i would like to play a secondary fighter class Kamui. reason for that whole thing are the ugly awakening models, and my love for berserkers :)

also im not sure if that was asked before but how does this skill buy mecahnic work?

any way to spread aptitude around? ´

as the supports of Mozume are limited, for example could i end up with giving rinkah aptitude?

thank you very much for your answers :)

Edited by Lord of Riva

I asked this earlier, only to get ignored:

Does Kanna's starting class depend on who the player married, like Morgan's did in Awakening? And if so, if you marry Felicia, what is her starting class?

I asked this earlier, only to get ignored:

Does Kanna's starting class depend on who the player married, like Morgan's did in Awakening? And if so, if you marry Felicia, what is her starting class?

Kanna starts as a Dark Prince(ss), the same as Kamui, regardless of Kamui's partner.

Apart from the Nohr/Hoshido/Third path choice in the game, are there any other choices that affect the story?

Just the usual saving or not saving certain characters, I guess. For example, in the Nohr route you can execute or recruit Asura.

Edited by NeonZ

So I asked earlier, but I think my questions got eaten up in the sea of others and went unanswered, so I will ask this one again as I think it is the one I am most curious about.

Do katanas count as swords? (And spells as tomes and maces as axes and so-on?) Can a spellcaster use tomes? Can a paladin use katanas, maces, naginatas, swords, axes, and lances?

^^That's yes, though I think Paladins only get Sword/Lances and their equivalent. The difference between Hoshido/Nohr variants is small stat buffs and availability (like from the armory). And a few unique/exclusive effects.

[spoiler=question re: exp mechanics]

Might make a topic about this later but I figure I'll ask in case I missed it. Does it seem like promotion doesn't automatically add 20 levels now (with respect to exp gain)? I noticed some weirdness in the amounts of exp prepromos like Camilia, and obviously Felicia, got vs Kamui. I then briefly tested a 11/1 Elfie and she was getting decent exp per kill, like 20+, unlike 20/1 Kamui who got like none, on the same enemy.

So it seems early promotion is a decent idea, though presumably you won't get extra levels past 20 automatically like Joker/Felicia?

And I missing something or is there any better-researched information regarding this?

edit: It's a few levels though, not 1 or 2, but also not auto 20/1-like exp gain. This particular file is Hard/Classic.

level 11 Elfie vs. level 14 Myrm: 40 exp

level 12 Elfie vs. level 14 Myrm: 37 exp

level 11/1 Elfie vs. level 14 Myrm: 22 exp

level 20/1 Kamui level 14 Myrm: 1 exp Noble Lineage is no Veteran

Edited by XeKr

Is Flora actually a part of the Nohr campaign?

To clarify, I'm not asking about the story, but more about her use as a unit (so no story spoilers, please!):

Can she participate in battles once I unlock her on My Castle or the such? Can she support/marry other units?

^^That's yes, though I think Paladins only get Sword/Lances and their equivalent. The difference between Hoshido/Nohr variants is small stat buffs and availability (like from the armory). And a few unique/exclusive effects.

[spoiler=question re: exp mechanics]

Might make a topic about this later but I figure I'll ask in case I missed it. Does it seem like promotion doesn't automatically add 20 levels now (with respect to exp gain)? I noticed some weirdness in the amounts of exp prepromos like Camilia, and obviously Felicia, got vs Kamui. I then briefly tested a 11/1 Elfie and she was getting decent exp per kill, like 20+, unlike 20/1 Kamui who got like none, on the same enemy.

So it seems early promotion is a decent idea, though presumably you won't get extra levels past 20 automatically like Joker/Felicia?

And I missing something or is there any better-researched information regarding this?

edit: It's a few levels though, not 1 or 2, but also not auto 20/1-like exp gain. This particular file is Hard/Classic.

level 11 Elfie vs. level 14 Myrm: 40 exp

level 12 Elfie vs. level 14 Myrm: 37 exp

level 11/1 Elfie vs. level 14 Myrm: 22 exp

level 20/1 Kamui level 14 Myrm: 1 exp Noble Lineage is no Veteran

I've noticed something similar about EXP gains.

In chapter 18 I had Xander(level 4), Camilla(level 7) and Gunther(level 12) each defeat level 2 enemy Heroes and Xander would get 19 EXP, Camilla gets 30 EXP and Gunther gets 45 EXP

Edited by arvilino

Kanna starts as a Dark Prince(ss), the same as Kamui, regardless of Kamui's partner.

Doh. I thought for whatever reason that the spouse's class would influence Kanna's initial class.

Is the Hoshido story good, or did Nohr just really drop the ball?

I'm going to partially link my post to this one, how is Nohr's alleged "mature and intricate" plot (I'm not asking how many people die senselessly trying to be mature and edgy, but the general plot quality)? How is Hoshido? How do they fare compared to Awakening (dear god better I hope)