"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

since Brave weapons were nerfed to only activate during player initiated battles, does it work during Attack Stance if the Brave user is the support unit? or are only lead unit Braves able to attack twice?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the amiibo levels set, or do they get stronger the further you progress into the game like the DLC? I'm assuming they don't get stronger because they're really overwhelming for my current chapter progression for the file I recently started, but I'd like to make sure lol.

Edited by KP Joey

In skirmishes do you fight against Faceless like in Awakening or do you fight against real soldiers?

You fight against real soldiers in skirmishes.

Is the game like Awakening where Rally skills apply to both units in a pair up?

It applies to both units in a pair up. I'll have to double check to make sure, but it most definitely affects both units. Sorry I can't answer your other questions, though.

I did read in the DLC page that players can get Birthright or Conquest version for DLC depends on they got Conquest or Birthright version, does those two DLCs still have the same content from the other Retail/Downloadable version of Fates?

And also, if you get the Third version, can any of the characters exclusive from the Birthright or Conquest version can fight together?

Also, I did heard that those three characters were Inigo, Owain, and Severa, but, I just wanted to know that are those three are the same ones from the Alternate Timeline from Awakening or are they completely different/from Chrom's original timeline?

Plus, does Corrin's Nohr/Hoshidan Prince class can not Branch Promote in Birthright nor Conquest version, or he can do that? By the way, is Azura's Singer class cannot be promoted to an another class or she can promote to an another class?

Edited by King Marth 64

I did read in the DLC page that players can get Birthright or Conquest version for DLC depends on they got Conquest or Birthright version, does those two DLCs still have the same content from the other Retail/Downloadable version of Fates?

And also, if you get the Third version, can any of the characters exclusive from the Birthright or Conquest version can fight together?

Also, I did heard that those three characters were Inigo, Owain, and Severa, but, I just wanted to know that are those three are the same ones from the Alternate Timeline from Awakening or are they completely different/from Chrom's original timeline?

Plus, does Corrin's Nohr/Hoshidan Prince class can not Branch Promote in Birthright nor Conquest version, or he can do that? By the way, is Azura's Singer class cannot be promoted to an another class or she can promote to an another class?

why wouldn't it be? it's a ~$20 DLC to unlock the other route. Third Route (IK or Invisible Kingdom) has pretty much all the characters available in Conquest and Birthright minus 3 plus 1 iirc

spoiler: same

in Birthright/Conquest, single promotion option. branched promotion in IK

Singer is special class like Dread Fighter/Lodestar/Great Lord/Dark Flier/Grandmaster/Vanguard so no promotion options but can reclass

that reminds me. question: can Azura go Dread Fighter/reclass at Lvl 1 or must it be 10?

What are the bonuses of an A+ Support? What makes it different than the A Support?

Well, for one, a character having an A+ rank with another character lets the character with the A+ rank use a Buddy Seal to class change into the other character's class set. Characters also don't need to mutually A+ one another, avoiding situations where only one character benefits from the Buddy Seal (at least in theory).

that reminds me. question: can Azura go Dread Fighter/reclass at Lvl 1 or must it be 10?

Reclassing can be done at any level, even 1.

What are the bonuses of an A+ Support? What makes it different than the A Support?

Aside from Buddy Seals, there is no statistical bonus to A+. In battle, it shows up as an A Support, and has the same stat boosts.

So what does the small stone you get from Encounter with Awakening do?

It's a weapon.

A joke weapon afaik

Are the amiibo levels set, or do they get stronger the further you progress into the game like the DLC? I'm assuming they don't get stronger because they're really overwhelming for my current chapter progression for the file I recently started, but I'd like to make sure lol.

They start at Level 15 regardless from what I've seen.

I've heard a rumor going 'round that Pegasus Knights are bad in Fates.

Yeah, okie. But wai thou??

What... no.... They are good. Even in game, they naturally get a skill that pretty much always allows them to double on their turn, they have lances(and healing when they are Falcon Warriors), the high movement, the only thing super bad with them is the fact that their offensive stats are mediocre, but they can choose between using the magic lance or physical ones, so at least they can exploit one sided defensive weaknesses.

Edited by Psyruby

So my understanding of Buddy Seals are that:
- They can only be used on same-gendered units with A+ support.

What I don't understand is:
- If Rinka Buddy Seals Orochi and Orochi is currently in the Herb Merchant class, will Rinkah get the Spellcaster line or Herb Merchant line?

Can someone enlighten me on the details?

Edited by Mystical_Ice

So my understanding of Buddy Seals are that:

- They can only be used on same-gendered units with A+ support.

What I don't understand is:

- If Rinka Buddy Seals Orochi and Orochi is currently in the Herb Merchant class, will Rinkah get the Spellcaster line or Herb Merchant line?

Rinkah will get the Spellcaster line. The user of the buddy seal will always get the other character's base class, unless they 1) share a base class, in which they get each other's secondary class or 2) if the other character has a special class (Singer, Garou, Fox Spirit, Villager), in which then the user of the seal can get an entirely different class.

I don't know if this has been asked but does the different voices of Kamui have different personalities too? iirc Robin was like that in the Japanese Awakening but it was taken out of the NA one. I saw someone mentioning that just once but I haven't seen anyone else talk about it so I just wanted to make sure.

Rinkah will get the Spellcaster line. The user of the buddy seal will always get the other character's base class, unless they 1) share a base class, in which they get each other's secondary class or 2) if the other character has a special class (Singer, Garou, Fox Spirit, Villager), in which then the user of the seal can get an entirely different class.

Thanks for the clarification on that, it's been bugging me for a while.

I have another question, regarding Copycat Puppet this time. Can the clone use Rally Skills on the original? Will they both get the bonus? And do skills such as Renewal activate for both units if the clone stands next to the original? (Will they receive 60% HP instead of 30%?). Thanks in advance.

I don't know if this has been asked but does the different voices of Kamui have different personalities too? iirc Robin was like that in the Japanese Awakening but it was taken out of the NA one. I saw someone mentioning that just once but I haven't seen anyone else talk about it so I just wanted to make sure.

Kind of. There are 3 options for M!Kamui and F!Kamui both. They'll all say the same thing but the words they use make them sound older/younger or more formal/informal.

PCM1 = More boyish. Uses 'boku', no honorifics for peers+subordinates. Kind of similar to how Leon and Takumi speak.

PCM2 = Sounds older and tougher. Uses 'ore', more informal, no honorifics for peers+subordinates. More like Ryouma and Zero.

PMC3 = More formal. Uses 'watashi', speaks identically to PCF1, uses honorifics with everyone. Speaks more like Marx and Suzukaze.

PCF1 = Standard politeness. Uses 'watashi', honorifics for everyone. Calls their older siblings 'nii-san' and 'nee-san'.

PCF2 = Younger, more girly. Uses 'atashi', no honorifics for peers+subordinates. Uses '-chan' with older siblings (e.g. onii-chan, onee-chan). Similar to Elise.

PCF3 = More feminine. Uses 'atashi', no honorifics for peers+subordinates, but more mature sounding than 2.

Also there are slight differences between M!Kamui and F!Kamui no matter which voice option you choose. M!Kamui calls Mikoto 'haha-ue' while F!Kamui calls her 'okaa-sama'. It's the same for Garon (chichi-ue vs. otou-sama).

Edited by wvype

Kind of. There are 3 options for M!Kamui and F!Kamui both. They'll all say the same thing but the words they use make them sound older/younger or more formal/informal.

PCM1 = More boyish. Uses 'boku', no honorifics for peers+subordinates. Kind of similar to how Leon and Takumi speak.

PCM2 = Sounds older and tougher. Uses 'ore', more informal, no honorifics for peers+subordinates. More like Ryouma and Zero.

PMC3 = More formal. Uses 'watashi', speaks identically to PCF1, uses honorifics with everyone. Speaks more like Marx and Suzukaze.

PCF1 = Standard politeness. Uses 'watashi', honorifics for everyone. Calls their older siblings 'nii-san' and 'nee-san'.

PCF2 = Younger, more girly. Uses 'atashi', no honorifics for peers+subordinates. Uses '-chan' with older siblings (e.g. onii-chan, onee-chan). Similar to Elise.

PCF3 = More feminine. Uses 'atashi', no honorifics for peers+subordinates, but more mature sounding than 2.

Also there are slight differences between M!Kamui and F!Kamui no matter which voice option you choose. M!Kamui calls Mikoto 'haha-ue' while F!Kamui calls her 'okaa-sama'. It's the same for Garon (chichi-ue vs. otou-sama).

Just to clarify more, there are five options per gender, on a scale of age and "energy" (pic). It's just that only one axis decides your honorifics, the other your pitch, but they all sound very different.

post-16773-0-01039600-1439000833_thumb.jpg

post-16773-0-39059000-1439000900_thumb.jpg

Edited by gayserbeam

Just to clarify more, there are five options per gender, on a scale of age and "energy" (pic). It's just that only one axis decides your honorifics, the other your pitch, but they all sound very different.

Ah, okay. So the 3 I've posted are for honorifics, and your actual voices in-game are the pitch (the audio files have labels for N/Y/O for normal/younger/older) so they're independent of each other to a certain extent. Looks like it doesn't let you use the Older voice with PCF2 or the Younger voice with PCF3, for instance.

Edited by wvype

any idea about how the male options refer to their siblings?

Do Einhejar units from previous games keep there weapons?If so is it possible to have all final forms of Yato in one file?