"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Having an S rank in Axes let you use a 22 Mt, 75 acc, 15 Crit Axe that halves your strength every other time you use it and +20 Crit, -5 Crit Evade for being a Berserker. And Crit is Skill/2-2. Don't let the Crit fool you, you are actually more likely to crit in this game compared to awakening.

I meant as in what passive attack and hit rate bonuses I'd get from having S Rank instead of A-Rank, not what weapon I could use and the Berserker's inherent stats.

But thanks for the Crit clarification though.

Edited by Folt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant as in what passive attack and hit rate bonuses I'd get from having S Rank instead of A-Rank, not what weapon I could use and the Berserker's inherent stats.

But thanks for the Crit clarification though.

OH, I've been told the bonus is +2 Mt, +15 Hitrate.

What? I thought this game was anti-crit to the point where you'd need to build around it to have any real chance of doing so? Either way, it sounds like from where I'm standing, I'm not missing out on much if I don't have a Berserker... Though that mentality might come from most axe mainers having serious issues that result in axes being one of my less used weapon types, a trend that Fates didn't seem to buck.

No, the game isn't anti crit, it just doesn't have as many obtainable skills available to increase crit. However, there are some personal skills, a few obtainable skills, and killing weapons(which are actually better than a lot of other weapons statistically). Berserkers are also very very good units. They actually have skill this time around so they have a better chance of hitting, their passive crit bonus is absolutely useful, there are useful skills that increase hitrate, and the higher Mt(12+) axes are scaled better so that they aren't lacking in overall effectiveness compared to other weapon types.

EDIT: Luck is equal to 1 Crit Evade just like Awakening, but due to Luck's lower cap and the possibility of Luck's cap being variable, it is overall less effective at reducing criticals than Awakening. (From stats alone, a critical is basically 8% more likely to happen with the lower caps for skill and luck)

Edited by Psyruby

I was wondering if it's possible to have this skill/class combination for Midoriko?

Class: Maid

Stubbornness

Smithy Skill

Easy Life

Flamboyant

Extravagance

Also, would you say that Midoriko is less useful in the Nohr path than the Hoshido path since there aren't a lot of Luck skills that would make use of her personal skill, Lucky Charm? If so, it is recommended to make Midoriko a Maid in the Nohr path?

I was wondering if it's possible to have this skill/class combination for Midoriko?

Class: Maid

Stubbornness

Smithy Skill

Easy Life

Flamboyant

Extravagance

You could have Rinkah marry Kaze, which gives Midoriko access to Smithy Skill in the Oni Savage (Blacksmith specifically) line.

Have Midoriko A+ Support with Female Kanna (means you have to pick a Male Avatar), with Mercenary as the secondary chosen option. Then you can grab Stubborness.

And lastly, have Midoriko marry Foleo, so she has access to Rod Knight, which promotes into Maid. And then Easy Life and Extravagance, which are naturally a part of the Herb Merchant line, promoted Great Merchant.

Not sure about your optimization question, though. But I know all those skills are possible with her.

EDIT: forgot about Flamboyant. She can be a Maid with the skills you listed, minus Flamboyant. If you want Flamboyant, you could replace Mercenary with Lance Fighter, but that doesn't allow Midoriko to get Stubborness.

Edited by Carter

So for people wondering what S rank weapon bonuses are, I believe we have some concrete proof now. In this video there is a Holy Lancer Oboro with a silver naginata equipped and Trueblade Ryoma with his Raijin Katana. When adding their stat modifers and weapon power/hitrate, you get 3 less attack and 10 less hitrate for the Holy Lancer, and 4 less attack and 5 less hitrate. Meaning S rank in Lances = +3 Attack, +10 Hitrate, S rank in Swords = +4 Attack, +5 Hitrate. You could then deduce that an S rank in Axes would give +2 Attack and +15 Hitrate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYc6WanElZk

Edited by Psyruby

No, the game isn't anti crit, it just doesn't have as many obtainable skills available to increase crit. However, there are some personal skills, a few obtainable skills, and killing weapons(which are actually better than a lot of other weapons statistically). Berserkers are also very very good units. They actually have skill this time around so they have a better chance of hitting, their passive crit bonus is absolutely useful, there are useful skills that increase hitrate, and the higher Mt(12+) axes are scaled better so that they aren't lacking in overall effectiveness compared to other weapon types.

Oh.. I thought it'd be anti-crit in the way Radiant Dawn was (sky high enemy luck meaning you'd have to go out of your way to have any respectable crit rate against enemies). That being said... I'm not very sure I'd like either of the potential Berserkers. And I'm not sure that a weapon that nerfs my offense to hell after being used is worth having one, either...

Oh.. I thought it'd be anti-crit in the way Radiant Dawn was (sky high enemy luck meaning you'd have to go out of your way to have any respectable crit rate against enemies). That being said... I'm not very sure I'd like either of the potential Berserkers. And I'm not sure that a weapon that nerfs my offense to hell after being used is worth having one, either...

The weapon only nerfs your strength for the next round. It doesn't keep nerfing it each time you use it. So you have an Axe with 22 Mt one round, and 2 Mt the next round. Then it goes back to 22 Mt the next round. Basically making the axe have 12 Mt average with 75 Acc, 15 Crit.

Edited by Psyruby

The weapon only nerfs your strength for the next round. It doesn't keep nerfing it each time you use it. So you have an Axe with 22 Mt one round, and 2 Mt the next round. Then it goes back to 22 Mt the next round. Basically making the axe have 12 Mt average with 75 Acc, 15 Crit.

When you put it that way, I'm even more unimpressed with the S rank axe than I already am. Also, doesn't that need me to actually be able to attack for the half strength effect to wear off?

When you put it that way, I'm even more unimpressed with the S rank axe than I already am. Also, doesn't that need me to actually be able to attack for the half strength effect to wear off?

It doesn't need you to activate the round, it just needs to be the next battle where you are attacking. Here is the kicker tho, it's better statistically than every other axe.

S rank Axe: 12 Mt(avg), 75 Acc, 15 Crit. No Downside(cause we averaged the might already)

Steel Axe: 12 Mt, 65 Acc, 0 Crit, -5 Avoid, -3 to Double Attack.

Silver Axe: 16 Mt, 70 Acc, -5 Crit Evade, Stats Down

Brave Axe: 8 Mt, 55 Acc, double attacks on your turn, -4 Def/Res.

It's much better to just carry the S rank Axe in your hand all the time than use another Axe, unless you were unsure if you could 2HKO the enemy(ie a General, Great Knight, or Wyvern Lord).

Edited by Psyruby

You could have Rinkah marry Kaze, which gives Midoriko access to Smithy Skill in the Oni Savage (Blacksmith specifically) line.

Have Midoriko A+ Support with Female Kanna (means you have to pick a Male Avatar), with Mercenary as the secondary chosen option. Then you can grab Stubborness.

And lastly, have Midoriko marry Foleo, so she has access to Rod Knight, which promotes into Maid. And then Easy Life and Extravagance, which are naturally a part of the Herb Merchant line, promoted Great Merchant.

Not sure about your optimization question, though. But I know all those skills are possible with her.

EDIT: forgot about Flamboyant. She can be a Maid with the skills you listed, minus Flamboyant. If you want Flamboyant, you could replace Mercenary with Lance Fighter, but that doesn't allow Midoriko to get Stubborness.

Actually, given you suggested having Rinkah as her Mother, it's possible to reclass Rinkah into Basara with her A+ to either Oboro or Orochi to get Flamboyant in order for Midoriko to inherit it.

Okay, thanks for the tip, I'm going to the unit optimization thread for further discussion about this.

Also, in regards to Treasure of the Ruins DLC map, is it any harder than the Golden Gaffe DLC map from Awakening in the similar vein how Terrifying Spirit Mountain is harder than EXPonential Growth in Awakening? If so, how is the Treasure of the Ruins map harder? Also, do the enemies in Treasure of the Ruins map scale based on your story progress in a similar vein like Terrifying Spirit Mountain?

Also, in regards to the class/skill combination I've mentioned for Midoriko, is it possible for to pull this kind for Midoriko in Nohr path? And can I pull this off in the Hoshido path (And I know I can definitely pull this optimization off in the Invisible Kingdom path)?

Edited by Dark Paladin X

It doesn't need you to activate the round, it just needs to be the next battle where you are attacking. Here is the kicker tho, it's better statistically than every other axe.

S rank Axe: 12 Mt(avg), 75 Acc, 15 Crit. No Downside(cause we averaged the might already)

It's much better to just carry the S rank Axe in your hand all the time than use another Axe, unless you were unsure if you could 2HKO the enemy(ie a General, Great Knight, or Wyvern Lord).

That isn't what I meant - I meant would I need to be in a situation where I can take a swing at the opposing unit before it wears off. Though personally, I might pass over it entirely anyways if I'm not fond of either of the potential Berserkers - how good a class is doesn't mean much if I'm not fond of any of the units that can be in that class.... Oh, and the -5 Crit evade innate to Berserkers is pretty much an out-and-out dealbreaker. I already find being on the receiving end of a critical hit bad enough without weapons that up the critical damage boost from triple to quadruple damage... I'll pass, thank you very much.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

It should probably be noted that it's average MT decreases further if you add statues to the play, but in that case, half the time you attack, you will do incredibly high damage which will be great if you need to get that one enemy out of the way fast, and the other half of the time, you will still do higher damage to enemies than you would if the statues weren't in play.

At least that's what I conclude based upon how Aurgelmir and the statues work.

Okay, thanks for the tip, I'm going to the unit optimization thread for further discussion about this.

Also, in regards to Treasure of the Ruins DLC map, is it any harder than the Golden Gaffe DLC map from Awakening in the similar vein how Terrifying Spirit Mountain is harder than EXPonential Growth in Awakening? If so, how is the Treasure of the Ruins map harder? Also, do the enemies in Treasure of the Ruins map scale based on your story progress in a similar vein like Terrifying Spirit Mountain?

Also, in regards to the class/skill combination I've mentioned for Midoriko, is it possible for to pull this kind for Midoriko in Nohr path? And can I pull this off in the Hoshido path (And I know I can definitely pull this optimization off in the Invisible Kingdom path)?

In Hoshido, yes it's entirely possible to get what you're looking for.

Have Rinkah A+ with Oboro, so she can reclass to Basara and grab Flamboyant. You can then marry Kaze and Rinkah, so Rinkah passes down Flamboyant, and Midoriko inherits Oni Savage.

Midoriko can then reclass to Oni Savage and promote to Blacksmith to get Smithy Skill. She can A+ support with Female Kanna to obtain Mercenary and get Stubborness (so make sure you pick a male avatar and mercenary secondary).

And she already has access to Easy Life and Extravagance because of her natural promotion path. Lastly, have Midoriko marry Deere so she can use a Marriage Seal to end off with Maid. She'll them have all the skills you want and the finishing class.

In Nohr, I'm not quite sure. I've been trying to figure it out, but she needs access to both Basara and Blacksmith (to obtain Flamboyant and Smithy Skill), but those classes are Hoshido exclusives, and there aren't any Lance Fighters or Oni Savages in the Nohr path. I'd love to be proven wrong though...?

Edited by Carter

Where do you get Beast Stone +s in the game?

There's one (irregardless of route) in the story. The other two appear to be dropped by the boss of Kinu and Velour's Paralogues, I think.

Hoshido: Asura's Inventory at the end of Chapter 22

Nohr: Dropped by Nishiki in Chapter 19

Invisible Kingdom: Chest from Chapter 26

Guard Beaststone, you get 1 irregardless of route in the story, and Kinu and Velour start with them

Hoshido: Dropped by Generic in Chapter 15

Nohr: Flannel Inventory in Chapter 14

Invisible Kingdom: Chest from Chapter 22

Just blabbering here, Dragonstone+ is just one it seems

Hoshido: Dropped by Camilla in Chapter 23

Nohr: Chest from Chapter 20

Invisible Kingdom: Chest from Chapter 20

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

I should marry Azura off to someone that'll have a daughter just for that skill.

If Nishiki A+ Flannel in IK, I assume he gets Flannel's Fighter branch?

What's the least amount of EXP you can get from defeating an enemy?

Edited by Magician Lugh

I should marry Azura off to someone that'll have a daughter just for that skill.

If Nishiki A+ Flannel in IK, I assume he gets Flannel's Fighter branch?

What's the least amount of EXP you can get from defeating an enemy?

Nishiki would get Fighter, yeah.

You can get 1 EXP. Happens very often when fighting enemies a few levels below you. You can also get 0 if you are fully leveled, of course.

You can get 1 EXP. Happens very often when fighting enemies a few levels below you. You can also get 0 if you are fully leveled, of course.

So this game encourages training multiple units. This makes me wonder how much more tedious grinding will be post game, even with the Paragon skill.

So this game encourages training multiple units. This makes me wonder how much more tedious grinding will be post game, even with the Paragon skill.

Once you hit 20/20 the exp no longer drops off (I believe anyway, but it should be accurate)

Okay, I have 4 questions regarding skills and how they apply to support units in the different Stances:

1.) Are skills that activate when below 1/2 HP like Awakening still in effect if you're the support unit in an Attack Stance?

2.) Does Sun God heal support units in a Guard Stance or only the main units?

3.) Is the game like Awakening where Rally skills apply to both units in a pair up?

4.) If skills like Deadly Breath or Snake Venom activate after attacking a Guard Stance pair, does it affect both or only the unit out front?