Fire Emblem Fates Weapons/Items Thread

Bovinian

Cool!

So in any postgame (most relevant for any hypothetical high-level DLCs), that gives a +4 Strength/+4 Speed, Dragonskin damage halving effect negating, 16 Might weapon on the Hoshido route, a similar sword with +4 Def and +4 Res on the Nohr route, and a +4 Str/Spd/Def/Res sword on the third route.

And the stat bonuses apply even if not equipped!

And since supposedly the Katana bonuses/penalties stack with it, on the 3rd route that would yield the following when equipped:

+4 Str, +5 Spd, +3 Def, +3 Res, 16 Might, +10 Crit Evade, some crit and avoid rates, negate the damage halving of Dragonskin…

Basically, its one of the best weapons in the game and has no real drawbacks except that it doesn't have ranged properties…

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I checked it, and you're right… I guess the information on the website should be updated!

Going to this video, which shows a Dragonskin enemy, the player character had had 55 ATK at the start of the turn, and the boss had Dragonskin and 23 DEF (and he seems to be on a throne, I think), so that would be 33 damage before the Dragonskin and throne… apply a 0.75 multiplier (a 25% reduction), and you get 24.75 damage. If you account for a throne of some kind (I'm not sure how much defense it offers), you could get conceivably down to the 22 damage displayed in the video… although that would require the throne to have 2 defense, and that was 3 in Awakening… although things might have changed, who knows?

Assuming 56 ATK from weapon triangle advantage,

Refernce:

So yes, now I agree with you…. the sword weakens the effectiveness of Dragonskin, but does not fully disable it…..

Still, its nonetheless the only class of weapons (given its different versions) that has this effect, so its still one of the idea ways to damage such a boss, particularly when it also has so much might for helping cut through high defenses.

On another note, gayserbeam I like your MU.

I am actually surprised that you get to keep your ultimate Yato.

Those stats are after two Speedwings and three Talismans, unfortunately. She does have godly stength though, and she has a natural 75% Breaking Sky proc chance, 90% when paired up and Rally Skill.

And that is like her fourth haircut

Actually, I checked it, and you're right I guess the information on the website should be updated!

Going to this video, which shows a Dragonskin enemy, the player character had had 55 ATK at the start of the turn, and the boss had Dragonskin and 23 DEF (and he seems to be on a throne, I think), so that would be 33 damage before the Dragonskin and throne apply a 0.75 multiplier (a 25% reduction), and you get 24.75 damage. If you account for a throne of some kind (I'm not sure how much defense it offers), you could get conceivably down to the 22 damage displayed in the video although that would require the throne to have 2 defense, and that was 3 in Awakening although things might have changed, who knows?

Assuming 56 ATK from weapon triangle advantage,

Refernce:

So yes, now I agree with you. the sword weakens the effectiveness of Dragonskin, but does not fully disable it..

Still, its nonetheless the only class of weapons (given its different versions) that has this effect, so its still one of the idea ways to damage such a boss, particularly when it also has so much might for helping cut through high defenses.

If it fully negated Dragonskin, it would be perhaps a little too powerful, considering its 16 MT and 4 STR bonus. I have 63 Attack Power in that image. In that stream you showed, the target had 23 defence. In Attack Stance without Dragon Skin, I would have one-shot him.

Just checking again, do weapons that cannot crit allow procs or not?

No, you cannot proc skills with no-crit weapons. Edited by gayserbeam

No, you cannot proc skills with no-crit weapons.

That's a shame.There goes my plan for Sakura to be insanely op.

Okay I have 3 questions which are all really the same question.

1) When it says that Kunai debuffs last a turn, does it mean your turn AND the opponent's?
2) When it says "Your strength is halved next attack" on Hakagure, does that mean next battle or even the next attack if you doubled?
3) When the weapon makes your stats reduced and they come back 1 every turn, it is only on your turn?

Okay I have 3 questions which are all really the same question.

1) When it says that Kunai debuffs last a turn, does it mean your turn AND the opponent's?

2) When it says "Your strength is halved next attack" on Hakagure, does that mean next battle or even the next attack if you doubled?

3) When the weapon makes your stats reduced and they come back 1 every turn, it is only on your turn?

1) A turn is a player-opponent turn cycle. Although I was under the impression that the kunai debuffs recover 1 per turn, not entirely after a turn.

2) Next battle. The debuff takes place after the battle.

3) Yes.

1) A turn is a player-opponent turn cycle. Although I was under the impression that the kunai debuffs recover 1 per turn, not entirely after a turn.

2) Next battle. The debuff takes place after the battle.

3) Yes.

Alright, this is just wondering. For Hakagure, can you cheat and use the Levin Sword for the next battle, then switch back to the Hakagure? I can only imagine one of 3 things happening.

1) Your magic isn't halved, and it works.

2) Your magic is halved.

3) Your magic isn't halved, but your str is halved the next time you use a strength based weapon.

Edited by Psyruby

Alright, this is just wondering. For Hakagure, can you cheat and use the Levin Sword for the next battle, then switch back to the Hakagure? I can only imagine one of 3 things happening.

1) Your magic isn't halved, and it works.

2) Your magic is halved.

3) Your magic isn't halved, but your str is halved the next time you use a strength based weapon.

There's an idea. Tested with Mighty Bow and Shining Bow which seem equivalent, and it works. The second battle isn't penalized, and then the debuff is cleared.

Gotta wonder about the Yato...I noticed that some forms are stated to negate Dragonskin. Is the skill negation specific to Dragonskin, or is it able to negate Divine Shield as well? Given how Divine Shield is basically a weaker Dragonskin...

(Just recently reflected the wiki entry as far as Dragonskin: http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Yato#Stats, but if I knew about how it worked with Divine Shield, it would help...)

Sorry to bring up another question so quickly (and yes, I wasn't exactly expecting a fast answer on my previous one), but has an exact figure for the HP recovery for the Spirit Katana and other similar weapons been found? I've put the figure down as 10 on the wiki for not only the Spirit Katana, but also the Blessed Lance and Blessed Bow; however, if that figure's changed from Awakening, it would be helpful for both myself and the wiki to know.

If anyone wants to look over the wiki articles:

http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Spirit_Katana

http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Blessed_Lance

http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Blessed_Bow

EDIT: Sorry to throw on another question, but concerning the Brigand Katana and similar weapons, what does "strips enemy" mean? On the Brigand Katana's article on the wiki ( http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Brigand_Katana), I put down that it unequips the enemy (it is E-rank, after all), but is that what it actually does? Is it possible that it actually completely discards the enemy's weapon instead? Knowing now will make it easier for when the articles for similar weapons are written on the wiki in the coming days...

Edited by shiningpikablu252

It doesn't take away their weapon; it takes away their clothes. Exactly as it says.

If you're familiar with Sophie's skill, it's the same effect.

It doesn't take away their weapon; it takes away their clothes. Exactly as it says.

If you're familiar with Sophie's skill, it's the same effect.

If a unit is stripped during a My Castle battle with this weapon (or Sophie's skill), does (s)he lose the added boosts of his/her accessories?

Sorry to add yet another inquiry to the pile, especially given I've got two inquiries outstanding (Yato/Divine Shield, which I don't expect fully answered for awhile; and Spirit Katana/HP figue), but this one's on something I'm confident the site got wrong. The site listing on Pieri's Little-lance states that "Cannot double-attack, (player's) ability to double-attack -5". That would make no sense--why would you drop the player's double-attack ability on a weapon that already denies double-attacking? I personally think you might have meant that it drops the enemy's ability to double-attack by 5, which would make far more sense--and I've gone ahead and put the weapon's effect on the Pieri's Little-lance page on the wiki down to that effect. Question is, did I make the right call, or totally blow it like I did with the Brigand Katana inquiry?

If you want to look over the wiki page in question:

http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Pieri%27s_Little-lance

Sorry to add yet another inquiry to the pile, especially given I've got two inquiries outstanding (Yato/Divine Shield, which I don't expect fully answered for awhile; and Spirit Katana/HP figue), but this one's on something I'm confident the site got wrong. The site listing on Pieri's Little-lance states that "Cannot double-attack, (player's) ability to double-attack -5". That would make no sense--why would you drop the player's double-attack ability on a weapon that already denies double-attacking? I personally think you might have meant that it drops the enemy's ability to double-attack by 5, which would make far more sense--and I've gone ahead and put the weapon's effect on the Pieri's Little-lance page on the wiki down to that effect. Question is, did I make the right call, or totally blow it like I did with the Brigand Katana inquiry?

If you want to look over the wiki page in question:

http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Pieri%27s_Little-lance

It probably increases the enemy's ability to double attack by 5, just like a Javelin. The ingame description is weirdly worded and doesn't make a distinction between decreasing your ability to double attack and increasing the enemy's ability to double attack.

Edited by Othin

It probably increases the enemy's ability to double attack by 5, just like a Javelin. The ingame description is weirdly worded and doesn't make a distinction between decreasing your ability to double attack and increasing the enemy's ability to double attack.

The game does make a distinction. The only possible things that can be affected, according to the original Japanese, are 1) the user's ability to double attack, and/or 2) the user's ability to be double attacked. The latter is translated on the site as "the enemy's ability to double attack" because it is effectively the same thing and is a bit easier to understand when combined with the numerical modifier.

So a description that says in Japanese "easier to be double attacked -5" would be translated on the site as "enemy's ability to double attack +5".

That said, I checked the original description for Pieri's Little Lance and it prevents the user from doubling as well as increases the ability of the enemy to double attack by 5, same as a Javelin. It can still crit/activate procs though

Edited by Bovinian

You get Battle Renown and Visitor Renown for battling and visiting other players, which unlocks items at specific intervals. It works kinda like Awakening's Renown, but you've got two versions of it.

Once you hit 99999, you get an Emblem that does something, unlike Awakening's Supreme Emblem. I believe Battle/Visitor Renown can go beyond 99999, but you get no extra items after that point.

Edited by VincentASM

For limited weapons in the armoury, are the numbers cumulative? For example for a level 2 Nohr armoury has 1 Killing Edge, while a level 3 armoury has 2 Killing Edges. Is it 3 in total or is there only ever 2 available?