Fire Emblem Fates Weapons/Items Thread

Bovinian

Yep, got another inquiry for you. This one concerns the Exorcist Arrow. The Serenes site wording in the yumi listing stating "Effective against monsters, ineffective otherwise" implies that it may take the precedent of the Hunter Bow (anti-beast, but not anti-flight) in that it doesn't deal effective damage against flight units; however, the yumi listing does not state that there are any exceptions to the yumi's ability to deal effective damage to flight units (actually, the listing doesn't even state that yumi even do effective damage against flight units, but I figured this quality was a given since the yumi is the Hoshido counterpart to the Nohr bows). I've gone ahead and, as far as the weapon pages on the wiki are concerned, assumed that Hunter Bow precedent does apply to the Exorcist Arrow and reflected accordingly:

http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Exorcist_Arrow

http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Hunter_Bow (included for comparison)

Question is, am I right in assuming the Exorcist Arrow is indeed anti-monster only?

EDIT: Sorry to have to add a second inquiry to this post, but concerning the Mikoto's Spirit-bow, has an exact HP recovery figure been found? I've gone ahead and guessed 10 for the wiki article ( http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Mikoto%27s_Spirit-bow) based on Awakening precedent, but if Awakening precedent doesn't hold for Fates (similar to my Spirit Katana and similar inquiry from earlier), it'd be handy to know what the actual figure is so the wiki can be reflected correctly...

Edited by shiningpikablu252

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually thought the Exorcist Arrow was anti-magic, based on this description (破魔矢: 魔法特効/他には弱い/守備-4) but someone should check that for me. As for whether it's effective against flight units, all you'd need to do is check for the pegasus icon. Unfortunately I myself don't have the game so I can't do that

That's a mistake I forgot to fix; the Exorcist Arrow is essentially the reaver weapon for bows. In other words, it's effective against Tome wielders.

Wait... that doesn't add up. If it is a reverse weapon, there is already a reverse bow, if it is a Tomeslayer, then it shouldn't be a bow. All the slayers beat their effective target in the weapon triangle. If this is true, then this would be way more useless than the other slayers as you would have weapon triangle disadvantage(which destroys your hitrate).

On a different note entirely. Reverse weapons seem to be hilariously good against S rank classes. Due to a couple reasons.

1) They can't do anything about the dis/advantage. If they use their reverse weapon, the dis/advantage is 4x not 1x.

2) Since the weapon triangle advantage and disadvantage is doubled and the weapon rank bonus is denied, you essentially destroy the advantages created by S ranked weapons AND their natural Hitrate/Avoid/Crit/CritEv bonuses. (Granted I'm assuming the weapon triangle dis/advantage is the same as Awakening.)

3) Reverse weapons aren't even bad to start out with. They are on par with Iron Swords in terms of raw power level.

Edited by Psyruby

I don't get the part about reverse weapons beating S Rank classes though

Reverse weapons make the S rank class have -2 Mt, -30 Hitrate and deny them their Weapon Rank Bonus, and they make you have +2 Mt, +30 Hitrate. This is a huge calculation swing to the point that Blacksmiths can defeat Trueblades the majority of the time just by holding a Reverse Club. (Once again, assuming the dis/advantage is the same as Awakening)

Edited by Psyruby

Reverse weapons make the S rank class have -2 Mt, -30 Hitrate and deny them their Weapon Rank Bonus, and they make you have +2 Mt, +30 Hitrate. This is a huge calculation swing to the point that Blacksmiths can defeat Trueblades the majority of the time just by holding a Reverse Club. (Once again, assuming the dis/advantage is the same as Awakening)

Can't Trueblades just use a Reverse Katana to beat the Reverse Club?

Reverse Katana makes them WEAK to Axes, and STRONG to lances. Making it 4x effective.

Is it the same as Lancereaver vs Swordreaver

When I tested that, the weapon triangle is reversed twice. Thus, cancelling the effect.

Is it the same as Lancereaver vs Swordreaver

When I tested that, the weapon triangle is reversed twice. Thus, cancelling the effect.

I can't answer this fully as I do not have the game, but if they both reverse the weapon triangle, it shouldn't cancel.

I can't answer this fully as I do not have the game, but if they both reverse the weapon triangle, it shouldn't cancel.

Lancereaver beats Swordreaver

Reverse Club are strong against swords and magic except Reverse Katana

And are weak against lances and concealed weapons except Reverse Naginata

Lancereaver beats Swordreaver

Reverse Club are strong against swords and magic except Reverse Katana

And are weak against lances and concealed weapons except Reverse Naginata

Man, apparently, I'm not allowed to insert logic in this game. *goes to corner* *draws circle with stick*

Edited by Psyruby

It's as simple as multiplication of integers.

The multiplication of integers says it should be 4x.

If Reverse Sword is weak to axes, and Reverse Axe is strong against Swords, then the Reverse Axe should have 4x bonus against Reverse Sword, not 1x. By logic, but if you wanted to balance them, you could say they form their own triangle(which is what I am guessing they did.)

Edited by Psyruby

If Reverse Sword is weak to axes, and Reverse Axe is strong against Swords, then the Reverse Axe should have 4x bonus against Reverse Sword, not 1x.

Someone should really test that. Reverse sword should beat Reverse Axe.

If Reverse Sword is weak to axes, and Reverse Axe is strong against Swords, then the Reverse Axe should have 4x bonus against Reverse Sword, not 1x. By logic, but if you wanted to balance them, you could say they form their own triangle(which is what I am guessing they did.)

Your logic is failing because you're assuming Reverse Katana has the static effect of being weak to axes. What it's actually doing is reversing the weapon triangle. So while it would be weak to axes with a single reverse, if it were opposed by another Reverse weapon, it would flip back to it being strong against axes again.

Wait. So if a sword user uses a Reverse Katana against an axe user's Reverse Club, the weapon triangle gets reversed twice, and weapon triangle effects get doubled twice = Sword user gets 4x the normal WTA bonus against axe users? God damn.

Your logic is failing because you're assuming Reverse Katana has the static effect of being weak to axes. What it's actually doing is reversing the weapon triangle. So while it would be weak to axes with a single reverse, if it were opposed by another Reverse weapon, it would flip back to it being strong against axes again.

Wait. So if a sword user uses a Reverse Katana against an axe user's Reverse Club, the weapon triangle gets reversed twice, and weapon triangle effects get doubled twice = Sword user gets 4x the normal WTA bonus against axe users? God damn.

Okay, but yeah, the second part is right then.

EDIT: Weird, I'm going to have to run some more calculations to see how you can trick your opponent into doing stupid things.

Edited by Psyruby

For reaver weapons i always think of it as the Lancereaver sword is an Axe and the swordreaver axe is an lance. And since Axe beats Lance, lancereavers bear swordreavers. (And of course an AxeReaver counts as a sword.) i don't think it is totally accurate in a technical sense but it seems to work for me. I think it is still semi accurate for this game you just need to add the corresponding ranged weapon to the triangle and remberer that for skill and weapon rank purposes a reverse club is still an Axe.

For reaver weapons i always think of it as the Lancereaver sword is an Axe and the swordreaver axe is an lance. And since Axe beats Lance, lancereavers bear swordreavers. (And of course an AxeReaver counts as a sword.) i don't think it is totally accurate in a technical sense but it seems to work for me. I think it is still semi accurate for this game you just need to add the corresponding ranged weapon to the triangle and remberer that for skill and weapon rank purposes a reverse club is still an Axe.

But a Lancereaver is weak against axes and neutral to swords, while an axe is the opposite.

Last I checked if you do clash reverse-triangle weapons in the older games the weapon triangle appears to be normal in the end. (I guess you can call it cancelling out.)

Alright question about weapons that halve your attacking stat.
If you used the weapon 3 rounds in a row would it be
Full Str, Half Str, Full Str or
Full Str, Half Str, Half Str?

Edited by Psyruby

Found some interesting tidbits.

Something I noticed from Japanese sites; you can get the

Demonic (aka) Ganglari

upon reaching 400 Battle Renown. Doesn't sound too hard, although you only get up to 3 Battle Renown per fight. So... you need 130 ish battles?

I was fiddling around a bit and I found a list of items that require an unknown value.

1 Boots
5 Witch's Circle
7 Wing Shield
10 Divine Dragon Herb
15 Strength Drain
20 Ballista Turret
25 Paragon
30 Armour Shield
35 Luck Drain
40 Witch's Circle
45 Divine Dragin Herb
50 Magic Drain
60 Boots
70 Skill Drain
80 Ballista Turret
90 Beast Shield
100 Speed Drain
125 Attack and Guard Stance
150 Boots
175 Resistance Drain
200 Proximity Shot
250 Defence Drain
300 Boots
341 Bond Emblem

Related to DLC, maybe?

Going by the previous patterns, it appears you can only have 2 Ballisticians and 2 Witches per save file.

Edited by VincentASM

They keep throwing Boots at you, huh. Seems like each story gives two in the main game, plus two along with the Dread Fighter and Dark Falcon scrolls and four here for a total of eight?

Sorry to bring up another inquiry. While looking over the Fates tome listing on the Serenes site while creating the Brunnhilde article for the wiki:

http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Brunnhilde

I noticed that a number of entries list alterations to "Critical Evade". Brunnhilde itself lists an alteration to "Critical Avoid". At least as far as Fates is concerned, does anybody know what the difference between "Critical Evade" and "Critical Avoid" is? (Yes, "a stupid mistake" is one of the possible answers I think it could be...)