Fire Emblem Fates Weapons/Items Thread

Bovinian

I think it's after "The Rainbow Sage", which is on all 3 paths at various points in midgame.

Also, the bonuses only work for the character the weapon is for and even if they can't equip it (Ryouma as Pegasus, Takumi as Lancer. I just tested in Shinonome's desert). They stack with the other weapon bonuses (that only work when actually equipped). Just tested with Quick Draw and Spirit Katana on Ryoma, plus my Hoshido Dread Fighter has 35 = 31 (capped) + 2 (yato) + 2 (shuriken) spd .

Edited by XeKr

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming Pieri's little lance "Cannot double attack, ability to double attack -5", isn't actually super redundant because the doubling threshold drops just having it in your inventory, correct? It makes sense seeing as Yato gives boosts unequipped. (btw, does it need to be on Avatar to do that or can you stick it in anybody's inventory and get monster stat boosts?)

I think it just means it makes it easier for enemies to double attack you like with the thrown weapons.

The question then would be if Leo's procs even if it's unequipped.

It's still really confusing, the Brunhilde (I assume that it's the purple proc thing that activates, I've seen it activate before and reduce incoming magic damage, but it's still confusing)

Oh, cool… so basically, after a certain mid game map, I can have Yato giving +2 Str and +2 Spd for Hoshido, +2 Def +2 Res for Nohr, or both bonuses combined and have those benefiting Kamui constantly, as long as its one of the items in his inventory, regardless of whether his class supports it or not?

So, for example, a Dark Knight Kamui (using as an example as it uses swords/katanas and spells/Tomes) could have Yato lying in his inventory, quick draw katana equipped, and he'd get +7 speed (+5 + 2). But if he then switched to Horse God he'd only have +5 speed instead (+3 +2). Is this the right idea?

Yes that looks correct. Also to addon and clarify a bit, Yato also gives the normal Katana +1 Spd, - 1 Def/Res when equipped, which then stacks with any "in possession" boosts it may give.

Edited by XeKr

Niiice.

Hmm, is it safe to assume all weapons that "reduce stats after battle" actually reduce Strength and Skill by 2 if physical or Magic and Skill by 2 if magical?

I just need any non-silver weapon (or tome) to test.

Looking at the item code, there isn't really anything to define specific stat reductions, simply a flag that determines if the weapon has this property. So I can only assume all weapons with this property have the same effect.

Bolverk and Skadi are obviously going to be attacking against the defense stat, right…

But as for the third route final boss… do his weapons attack defense or resistance?

I was just about to say something regarding that

Vincent as well, you might want to take note of this.

The final boss has two weapons, one that hits physical, and one that hits magical. (The S Rank one is the one that hits magical)

I probably shouldn't say any other spoilers though.

(And yes Bolverk and Skadi probably hit defense. Very probably)

Well that actually makes Dragonstone+ more useful since you still have Yato boosts even when using it, right?

On the Hoshido Route, the Dragonstone doesn't benefit from the +Strength, and the +Spd isn't really that important since you can't double (and being doubled is..less of your worries)
On Nohr, the Defense bonuses help I guess.
Combined, it's still what it is, I guess, just a general stat boost.
One more thing Vincent, I'd like to point out that Rainarok still debuffs it's user if it misses. I think the ranged weapons might apply if they miss as well
Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Thanks. I haven't gotten past lances yet to check the final boss weapons.

Hmm, looking at the final boss weapons, I noticed something curious. Not sure if the devs were lazy and copied and pasted code, but the final boss weapons--

namely the Nohrian Wing, Invisible Breath 1 and 2 don't have the "enemy only" flag that all other enemy only weapons have. Even stranger, they have the "cannot trade" flag.

Does this mean there'll be DLC later where you get to control these characters?

Or is it just lazily pasted from the Water Droplets weapon?

Also, all Breath weapons cannot double attack. Might be useful for Lunatic players or something.

You can see their full effects here.

Beaststone+ seems to have the usual Str/Skl -2 effect despite lacking a specific description so it's probably safe to extrapolate to other weapons if the data says they're all the same.

Thanks. I haven't gotten past lances yet to check the final boss weapons.

Hmm, looking at the final boss weapons, I noticed something curious. Not sure if the devs were lazy and copied and pasted code, but the final boss weapons--

namely the Nohrian Wing, Invisible Breath 1 and 2 don't have the "enemy only" flag that all other enemy only weapons have. Even stranger, they have the "cannot trade" flag.

Does this mean there'll be DLC later where you get to control these characters?

Or is it just lazily pasted from the Water Droplets weapon?

Also, all Breath weapons cannot double attack. Might be useful for Lunatic players or something.

You can see their full effects here.

Let's hack the breaths into Lilith! :p

^

litlth can only go up to A rank in breaths, and the A rank invis breath is physical. So hacking the weapon onto her won't help as much as lilith is pretty bad at physical.... Wait a second....

In seriousness i wonder how the physical invisbreath, nohrian wing and water droplets would work woth lilith when liliths default weapon is 1-5 and in hoshido it is a staff as lilith is Ai controlled and might have different Ai than normal. Or am i just crazy

Edited by goodperson707

So are stat boosting items still in this game? If so, where? I just beat the White kingdom path earlier today and not once did I come across a single speedwing etc.

If you do get an item like those, is there any way to enable other players to obtain them from you? In Awakening you just needed your spotpass team members to hold it to make it available to buy.

And you get a dread scroll for buying both the Hoshido and Nohr routes right? What do you do to get that? I bought and started the second route now. And chapter 10 is such a nightmare that I'm gonna have to come up with something cheap to get further since I don't have time to pray to the random number gods all day...

Edited by Amanroth

It confused me at first too, but you get quite a few statboosters in the game, they just have the same icon as each other (and as tonics). A blue/red thingy. >_>

I think buying from streetpass works similarly.

To get Dread Fighter/Dark Falcon, go to the blue orb in My Castle near the top. Right column, 3rd from the top is "bonus" I think. If you have the required routes, you should be able to pick them up (also get some statboosters).

For Nohr 10, don't be afraid to use Camilla a lot. If you need more or specific advice let us know and I'm sure someone can help.

Yeah the stat boosting items all have the same icon so it can be hard to tell which is which. Try comparing their names to the ones on the item list on the first page of this thread.

Best way to tell which stat booster is which is to look at the kanji next to the +2 or whatever and find which stat a character has that matches it.

Does anyone know where the Dread Scroll or Falcon Wing are located in the game, or are they hidden behind DLC that has been data-mined?

That was just explained on the previous page.

So on gamefaqs someone said the Armorslayer has 5 might and -10 hit if used against non-armored units.

It generally looks like 1/2 might and -10 hit. Is this the same for the other weapons with that "ineffective otherwise" modifier?

Has anyone looked into this? I can definitely see them not working the way they used to because the Hammer would be the best drawback-free axe in the game if they did.

All "effective against X, but ineffective otherwise" weapons have the same flag, so they likely share the same property.

They actually have two flags: "Might down when not effective" and "Hit rate down when not effective", which is super vague, but sounds like what you described.

ISID_非特効時威力-
ISID_非特効時命中-

Slightly related, some "effective" weapons don't have the drawback; I think it's the ones without the "ineffective otherwise" bit in their description. At the least, I know the two Falchions do normal damage against non-effective targets. Makes sense though considering they're divine weapons : P

So on gamefaqs someone said the Armorslayer has 5 might and -10 hit if used against non-armored units.

It generally looks like 1/2 might and -10 hit. Is this the same for the other weapons with that "ineffective otherwise" modifier?

Has anyone looked into this? I can definitely see them not working the way they used to because the Hammer would be the best drawback-free axe in the game if they did.

I believe it's likely -4 might and -10 hit. The Beast Slayer(10 might 85 hit) deals 4 less damage and has the same hit as the Steel Lance(10 might 75 hit) when fighting non-beast enemies.

I've seen GameFAQs user Dlordflash claim that you get to keep the Yato 7in its current state after you beat the game

i.e. the upgraded Yato

Source of Claim: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114533-fire-emblem-fates-conquest/72171652

Can anyone confirm if this is actually true?

I was about to say "it can't be true, it doesn't save when you beat the game!".

But then I just checked my Yato in my completed Hoshido save and it is in its final form. I didn't even notice till now.

So the guy is telling the truth.

post-16773-0-08223400-1436998617_thumb.jpg

On another note, gayserbeam I like your MU.

I am actually surprised that you get to keep your ultimate Yato.