Fire Emblem Fates Weapons/Items Thread

Bovinian

Ah, okay thanks a lot! Just to make sure, no Hoshidan mage-classes like Spellcaster and Exorcist can wield Nosferatu right?

If you want certainty:

Here are two pictures. Resire (Nosferatu) is a D-level tome. Here is Spellcaster Kamui unable to use it (it is the tome at the very bottom, greyed out). Also, here is a picture of Exorcist Kamui unable to use it.

EDIT: If you want even more confirmation, here is a picture of Dark Knight Nyx unable to use Resire.

post-16773-0-07326100-1436794730_thumb.jpg

post-16773-0-06694300-1436794793_thumb.jpg

post-16773-0-39037800-1436795323_thumb.jpg

Edited by gayserbeam

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I bought the three routes, do you guys know where I can get the Dread Fighter / Dark Pegasus scrolls ?

Go to the blue orb in the area of My Castle with Felicia/Jacob and select the "Bonus" option on the right.

Thank you very much!

Can you use them once per save file? Or are they a one-file offer?

Each save file has access to two of each.

Whew... time to fix the weapon pages again... Just finished the sword and katana page, but gonna take a break.

Can anyone help me confirm a few things?

1. Ganglari cannot be unequipped, right?

2. What happens if you dump all multiple divine weapons (Yato, Fuujin Bow, Raijin Katana, Brunnhilde and Siegfried) on one character? Or even all 5? Does the character receive crazy stat boosts?

3. Bronze weapons and weapons that cannot critical also cannot trigger proc skills (Astra, Luna, Sol, etc.)?

I can tell you only Nosferatu is locked to Dark Mages. No other tome in-game is locked, except Brunnhilde to Leo, Missiletainn to Ophelia, etc.

There was or is going to be a Mire tome though.

How would you stack the divine weapons?

Are you sure about the weapon rank for Vanished Disaster? I have a baton that seems to resemble it except it's E rank, but there are no E rank 1-10 range baton listings.

Whew... time to fix the weapon pages again... Just finished the sword and katana page, but gonna take a break.

Can anyone help me confirm a few things?

1. Ganglari cannot be unequipped, right?

2. What happens if you dump all multiple divine weapons (Yato, Fuujin Bow, Raijin Katana, Brunnhilde and Siegfried) on one character? Or even all 5? Does the character receive crazy stat boosts?

3. Bronze weapons and weapons that cannot critical also cannot trigger proc skills (Astra, Luna, Sol, etc.)?

I can tell you only Nosferatu is locked to Dark Mages. No other tome in-game is locked, except Brunnhilde to Leo, Missiletainn to Ophelia, etc.

There was or is going to be a Mire tome though.

2: I'm pretty sure the stat boosts aren't applied unless the weapon is equipped, like all the other games were

3: I think they still can trigger the skills

Also Vincent, where did you get the information on buying online from? I'd like to know if it also applies the other way around (other players buying your brave sword means you don't get it? Or is it that we can buy as many brave swords as we want from other players?)

How would you stack the divine weapons?

Are you sure about the weapon rank for Vanished Disaster? I have a baton that seems to resemble it except it's E rank, but there are no E rank 1-10 range baton listings.

1: Yeah, Vanished Disaster appears to be E rank from what I've seen

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Also Vincent, where did you get the information on buying online from? I'd like to know if it also applies the other way around (other players buying your brave sword means you don't get it? Or is it that we can buy as many brave swords as we want from other players?)

The way I interpreted it is, you can only ever buy one Brave Sword per file, so even if you come across other players who have a Brave Sword up for sale in their own castle, you won't be able to see it if you already bought the one from your own castle (I guess also if you bought one from someone else's castle before getting one from your own). There are probably other ways to obtain Brave Swords within the game though? Or am I completely wrong?

The way I interpreted it is, you can only ever buy one Brave Sword per file, so even if you come across other players who have a Brave Sword up for sale in their own castle, you won't be able to see it if you already bought the one from your own castle (I guess also if you bought one from someone else's castle before getting one from your own). There are probably other ways to obtain Brave Swords within the game though? Or am I completely wrong?

Well now that you mention that, it does appear that you can only ever have that limited supply.

I suppose 1 weapon is still better than none.

Items:

There's 1 Brave Sword, Lance, Axe in IK26, among a number of other things

So that means that the supply of any staff not called Heal/Bloom/Mend/Summer is limited, meaning they'll probably never be used (not that you would want to use anything else)

Theoretically speaking, we could just shop from other players and upgrade our own later, though it's not exactly that much, I think, plus weapon ranks seem like a damn annoyance to get without using arms scrolls (which are limited in supply, dammit game, why do you have to make things so difficult for us) or grinding

Like, maybe I've been babied a little when it comes to weapon ranks, but B>A seems to take forever.

Also carrying 10 kodachis still feels a bit like overkill, do you really have that many sword users in your party? Keep in mind the max party is 16.

On another note, does anything think that they'll never be using the Warrior Version of weapons?

The 3 range bow seems mainly to be used for either utility or cheap shots on stationary bosses.

Also I guess I should add that Silver Weapons debuff isn't that debilitating as long as you don't make 1 character do everything

Sorry for the long wall of text, but has anyone figured out if there's any tricks to the "halved strength/magic for next attack"?

As it looks right now, it seems to be, hit once hard, and then switch to another weapon, do rubbish damage, continue as normal.

Rabbit>Dragon looks like this though, because why use Dragon when you can shoot them with a bow?

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

2: I'm pretty sure the stat boosts aren't applied unless the weapon is equipped, like all the other games were

Hmm, I'm just curious, since the description says "while in possession".

Can you benefit from the Fuujin/Wind God Bow without equipping it? I think the Yato, Siegfried or Raijin Katana would be easier to test though : P

3: I think they still can trigger the skills

The item description doesn't mention it, but the hidden flag does. I'm curious which is more accurate.

The wording is a tiny bit strange, but it's meant to be read from your perspective.

Like if you buy a Javelin from your shop or another player's shop, there will be one less Javelin in your shop or another player's shop [in your game].

Edited by VincentASM

Sorry, I can't tell, I'll try to get more information from Hama's stream, which I'm going through for enemy data anyway, omega's playthrough uses too much guard stance to tell. Maybe Linkmastr's playthrough? Er..for now, I figured out that Yato's +speed/def/res stack in addition to the Katana modifiers, so yes

Hmm, I'm just curious, since the description says "while in possession".

Can you benefit from the Fuujin/Wind God Bow without equipping it? I think the Yato, Siegfried or Raijin Katana would be easier to test though : P

The item description doesn't mention it, but the hidden flag does. I'm curious which is more accurate.

The wording is a tiny bit strange, but it's meant to be read from your perspective.

Like if you buy a Javelin from your shop or another player's shop, there will be one less Javelin in your shop or another player's shop [in your game].

Wow, looks like I have to eat my words, the boosts (from yato hoshido anyway) apply even while they're not equipped. I'll have the images up in a minute
Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Just tested a few of these things:

I rigged my Femui to have 100% chance of Breaking Sky like so:

39 skill = 58% chance to activate Breaking Sky, 29% chance to activate Dragon Fang

With Skill+2

41 skill = 61% chance to activate Breaking Sky, 30% chance to activate Dragon Fang

After a "Rally Skill"

45 skill = 67% chance to activate Breaking Sky, 33% chance to activate Dragon Fang

With a Support that gives +4 skill

49 skill = 73% chance to activate Breaking Sky, 36% chance to activate Dragon Fang

After a Skill Tonic

51 skill = 76% chance to activate Breaking Sky, 38% chance to activate Dragon Fang

After Hoshido

86% chance to activate Breaking Sky, 48% chance to activate Dragon Fang

After Flamboyance

100% chance to activate Breaking Sky, 63% chance to activate Dragon Fang

With a Bronze Katana, Breaking Sky never activated.

Also, regarding Ganglari, you can't even open the inventory till chapter four. Once you can, you can unequip it but not trade or discard it (see attached picture).

post-16773-0-67869800-1436817145_thumb.jpg

When you use the class change items to become Dread Fighter or Dark Falcon, does the class get permanently added to the character's class set, or does it become such that if you then Second Seal out you'd need to henceforth use your other item if you wanted to return to it (i.e., making it basically only good as an ending class or if you honestly don't plan to use it again).

I'm assuming Pieri's little lance "Cannot double attack, ability to double attack -5", isn't actually super redundant because the doubling threshold drops just having it in your inventory, correct? It makes sense seeing as Yato gives boosts unequipped. (btw, does it need to be on Avatar to do that or can you stick it in anybody's inventory and get monster stat boosts?)

It's really odd, but no, other misc weapons like Guard Naginata won't give their bonuses without being equipped.

Also those category (Javelins, etc) were stated wrongly, what it means is that your opponent gets +5 ability to double attack

When you use the class change items to become Dread Fighter or Dark Falcon, does the class get permanently added to the character's class set, or does it become such that if you then Second Seal out you'd need to henceforth use your other item if you wanted to return to it (i.e., making it basically only good as an ending class or if you honestly don't plan to use it again).

Marriage seals add the class to your Parallel Seal set, so I imagine scrolls would too. Let me quickly test this

Yup, in the attached photo is Elite Ninja Nishiki using a Parallel Seal to turn back into a Dread Fighter.

post-16773-0-29691700-1436818481_thumb.jpg

Wait a moment…. Yato gives unequipped stat boosts? Really? Does this work with other weapons?

It works with Yato and Ryoma/Xander's weapons as far as I've seen. They just have to be in the inventory.

When does Yato get is various upgrades? How far into each route?

For example, when does the Yato on Hoshido Route get its +2 Str/+2 Spd bonuses, intermediate between its starting form and its

final form in the last missions

….

If its just in the inventory, then I imagine you could use it to help salvage the speed of slower sword-using classes…. particularly if you then equip other speed boosting items, like Quick Draw Katana (+5 speed katana) or Horse God (+3 speed spell)…. or do they not stack….

I assume the non-legendary items don't have these constantly active bonuses…