[Spoilers] Absolutely terrible implementation of MyCastle x NextGen

ninjapokemon

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can I ignore the dimensional BS exactly?

Whenever S-Rank is reached, next gen paralogues appear, do I just ignore those paralogues?

Legit question here: Will it still be canon for me and me only if I decide to ignore paralogues and the entire existence of next-gen characters?

I actually plan to just totally ignore paralogues so nextgen characters don't get recruited, don't show up and I can play my own goddamn no BS fast-growth feature.

Yes you can and it seems you already know how to do it.

It's dumb regardless. Should've been hired Yoshiki Tanaka instead that mangaka for the writer.

It's dumb regardless. Should've been hired Yoshiki Tanaka instead that mangaka for the writer.

I don't see how a writer has anything to do with IS's mechanics choices.

Thank you and Azz01. You have eased my nightmare and I may now enjoy this game without this time-travel AND speed growth BS.

I don't see how a writer has anything to do with IS's mechanics choices.

They could advice the director(s) to pick better story reason behind those said mechanics.

Maybe he did, but the director(s) didn't listen and decided to go with it anyway, which probably could've happened considering how the 2nd generation being completely optional right now and despite My Castle being a dimension in its own right (assuming the translation is true), it seems the story proceeding quite normally without any sudden time leap (as far as I can tell from the visual cues).

Thank you and Azz01. You have eased my nightmare and I may now enjoy this game without this time-travel AND speed growth BS.

They could advice the director(s) to pick better story reason behind those said mechanics.

Maybe he did, but the director(s) didn't listen and decided to go with it anyway, which probably could've happened considering how the 2nd generation being completely optional right now and despite My Castle being a dimension in its own right (assuming the translation is true), it seems the story proceeding quite normally without any sudden time leap (as far as I can tell from the visual cues).

From what I've heard too, (I haven't really spoiled much story stuff). People seem to be highly enjoying the story, so thats a good sign at least.

Really, this isn't any worse then the Hyperbolic Time Chamber from DBZ, and nobody complains about that. Only instead of serious training for a year, they have children who age rapidly while their parents are out fighting a battle. And, considering that you still have to do a side chapter to even get the children characters, I highly doubt this Hyperbolic Time Castle is how the children reach the age to join your army. It's probably a mix of time travel and parallel dimensions.

I think it might be fun to see something a little different then the usual anyways.

Dude, it's a video game. I won't be thrilled with the design choice if this turns out to be true, but your life will continue. Chill.

I don't know about that. the way some people react to things, I wouldn't be surprised if some peoples lives did end, via heart attack, from getting too worked up about this stuff.

Legit question here: Will it still be canon for me and me only if I decide to ignore paralogues and the entire existence of next-gen characters?

No, you cannot. If you do, a hole will rip open in the space-time continuum, the fabric of time itself will collapse which will cause everything to happen at once. People will be born, age, and die all at the same instant, stars will form and collapse at the same time, and everything will just be chaos. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?!

How can I ignore the dimensional BS exactly?

Whenever S-Rank is reached, next gen paralogues appear, do I just ignore those paralogues?

I actually plan to just totally ignore paralogues so nextgen characters don't get recruited, don't show up and I can play my own goddamn no BS fast-growth feature.

You can ignore it and make it your headcanon that they don't exist, but the player doesn't dictate the canon.

Seriously?

Are we really to the point of complaining about how they explain getting your kids somehow old enough to fight along side you as soon as you have sex?

Because honestly ANY way of explaining it is going to be really wierd....so either you don't get kids or just roll with it

I'd just ignore the existence of children altogether. They don't have story relevance, it doesn't affect the story significantly.

It doesn't dumb down the core game, and they are found in Paralogues aka Gaiden chapters so they are completely optional. You're also giving up free chapters to gain EXP and to support grind in Nohr.

Edited by Fanatic&Ecstatic

Im not going to say this was terribly implemented. Lets get one thing straight, we knew about children and marriage before we knew how they were gonna come about. What did you honestly expect?

They're not apart of the story, they're just bonus units you can have fun with and to a certain extent, customize.

Youre looking too deep into this, its just bonus stuff that's in the game. Nothing more, nothing less.

i dunno if i agree with characterizing the child units as "just bonuses". The children make up a third of the cast, which is one of the main draws of fire emblem and they all have unique maps. If you just ignore them, you're locking yourself out of so much content lol

In another thread I mentioned Bungie's Destiny and how it was a hacked-off end product still bleeding from it's wounds, and people are still devouring it despite the complaints and the fact that they are paying for overpriced DLC. I was one of the minority who complained of the lack of concrete narrative and real [not-recycled] content.

Fates looks like it has all of the base work finished with a lot of things that might be considered DLC elsewhere (My Castle certainly sounds like something you'd have to pay extra for on day one with American developers). And people are complaining about it?

If you order a steak dinner and get upset about having to trim the fat off, don't complain to the chef and have them cut the fat off of everyone else's steak. That's THEIR steak; let them eat it if they want. You can ignore your fat and be content.

Okay, for those wanting specifics, after making an S-support you get this message:

少しずつ絆を育んでいった

二人はついに結ばれ…

やがて二人は

子を授かった。$k$pが、まもなく(Avatar)の城は

姿なき魔物の襲撃に見舞われる…$k$p魔物の狙いが

赤子の命であることは明らかだった。$k$p子供の身を憂う彼らは、【秘境】と

呼ばれる隠れ里の存在を知る。$k$p星界には星の数ほどの小さな世界があり、

中には人々が暮らす地もある。$k$pその【秘境】に隠せば、子供たちは

成長するまで安全に暮らすことができる。$k$pだが、【秘境】の時間の流れは

ふつうとは異なっているという…$k$p両親は我が子を守るため、

いっときの別れを決意し、$k$p子供を世話役に託し、

【秘境】で育てることにした…

Roughly translated (more experienced translators feel free to correct me):

"The two's bond gradually grew close, they wed, and before long had children. But the formless demons soon attacked the Avatar's castle, clearly targeting the children. Those concerned for the children's safety knew of secluded refuges called 'hikyou' ('秘境,' as NeonZ said, either 'unexplored region' or 'isolated region', I don't feel like thinking of a good translation). Within the star ocean exist many small worlds, including places with people living peacefully. Secluded within these hikyou the children could live in safety until they reached adulthood. However, the flow of time within these hikyou differs greatly from the normal world. In order to protect their children, the parents resolved to part with them for a time and leave them in the care of the managers of these worlds, and so they grew up in the hikyou."

In short, My Castle links to a bunch of Hyperbolic Time Chambers where the parents left the kids for their own safety, though they do visit when they can (in her Paralogue Kanna remarks that her father is "coming today," while in Shigure's Aqua mentions that no matter how many times she comes she is stunned that such a vast sea exists in that world). The kids also speak with their set parent comfortably as if they've known each other all along. (E: Well, I haven't actually done any other S-supports beyond Kamui x Aqua, so I guess I can't 100% guarantee they all work like that)

Edited by egobarrier

Okay, for those wanting specifics, after making an S-support you get this message:

少しずつ絆を育んでいった

二人はついに結ばれ…

やがて二人は

【秘境】で育てることにした…

"The two's bond gradually grew close, they wed, and before long had children. But the formless demons soon attacked the Avatar's castle, clearly targeting the children. Those concerned for the children's safety knew of secluded refuges called 'hikyou' ('秘境,' as NeonZ said, either 'unexplored region' or 'isolated region', I don't feel like thinking of a good translation). Within the star ocean exist many small worlds, including places with people living peacefully. Secluded within these hikyou the children could live in safety until they reached adulthood. However, the flow of time within these hikyou differs greatly from the normal world. In order to protect their children, the parents resolved to part with them for a time and leave them in the care of the managers of these worlds, and so they grew up in the hikyou."

In short, My Castle links to a bunch of Hyperbolic Time Chambers where the parents left the kids for their own safety, though they do visit when they can (in her Paralogue Kanna remarks that her father is "coming today," while in Shigure's Aqua mentions that no matter how many times she comes she is stunned that such a vast sea exists in that world). The kids also speak with their set parent comfortably as if they've known each other all along. (E: Well, I haven't actually done any other S-supports beyond Kamui x Aqua, so I guess I can't 100% guarantee they all work like that)

So they actually do grow up and have a normal live and stuff. Alright, I'm much more OK with this one if they just grow up normally in a parallel dimension rather than being weird mutants that grow up in two weeks. It's still stupid, but Awakening-level stupid at least.

少しずつ絆を育んでいった

二人はついに結ばれ…

やがて二人は

【秘境】で育てることにした…

You sir/madame are a god(ess) among men and women.Allow me to kiss your feet.

At least it is better then Awakening and the time travel is somewhat basic and does not fuck things up.

Also it is optional and does not have an affect on the story which I really like.

However if time moves really fast, how are the 1st gen units still the same age?

Disagree.

Can't believe I'm saying this but Awakening handled it far better than this.