[Spoilers] Absolutely terrible implementation of MyCastle x NextGen

ninjapokemon

Apparently MyCastle is in a dimension of its own. Technically next gen characters still dimension-leap. But the effect is actually whenever 2 characters are S-Ranked, they proceed to get married in MyCastle and consummate their marriage there.

Because apparently time goes REALLY FAST in MyCastle, the pregnancy period and the growth of next-gen characters once born are drastically increased.

Basically, the "real" timeline may have only passed a few weeks but MyCastle has passed maybe years or a decade.

This is absolutely terrible. I hate this crap. This is even more ridiculous than Amie and whatever the F*** people dislike combined.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least it is better then Awakening and the time travel is somewhat basic and does not fuck things up.

Also it is optional and does not have an affect on the story which I really like.

However if time moves really fast, how are the 1st gen units still the same age?

But I thought Next Gen unit are recruited from different world?

Still not sure about this. While the inclusion of 2nd generation unit is absolutely optional this time, I really don't like their cheap way of implementing the concept. I guess FE4 way of 2nd generation unit implementation requires too much effort.

But why don't 1st gen characters age then?

No one likes old character in their game

Plus it requires too much effort to create new sprites and design

I agree this is a simply nightmare story-wise, so might as well ignore it and consider it non-canon.

But eh, I'll give it a try, it is there after all.

Just gonna quote myself too.

Well, we got an easy way to win the war. We'll just have to do something that come from the worst hentai scenario.

... Oh geez, I already see people taking that, and doing things with it... ><

...Please, ô estimated fanfic author, if you want to gain respect point, don't ever use My Castle in your stories. Ever.

Edited by B.Leu

You could say it is non-canon since it does not affect the story.TBH, I will only use the kids if I want to make a StreetPass team that is unbeatable and there is no SreetPassers in my area so I won't be using the kids.(Especially in Nohr)

Actually, I have a question, are kids in paralouges or do they just show up?

But why don't 1st gen characters age then?

A legit question. I may be wrong but I may be correct too.

If next-gen show up as paralogues, it still doesn't change anything - they can simply show up in paralogue as having left MyCastle on their own. This is exactly what happened with Shara.

I suppose you could argue that the second gen characters stayed in mycastle until they were old enough to fight while the first gen frequently left for missions, so the second gen aged much faster than their parents.

I still would have preferred a "normal" timeskip, but at least they aren't from the future again.

Edited by EJ107

I totally wouldn't mind an army of badass old men and milfs.

Me too! If anything, we need more character like Granny Gloria from VC3 in video games:

Gloria_Durrell.png

Judging from Kozaki's past design works, I'm pretty sure the guy can make badass design for old man and woman alike. But I guess it's really depends on the director(s) on what kind story they want to tell. So even when the designer have the talent, if the director doesn't want it, it's just a pipe dream.

Ok this has gone far enough

I was about to post previously but I didn't, but what I would say is, I highly doubt the timeflow thing is true. The other one which I heard is more likely anyway

Why would you have to go to an "outer space whatever that thing really is thingy" to recruit your child character then?

So I think this is the correct explanation.

It may just be hearsay, but what I've been told is that.

The children characters you recruit come from a parallel universe.

From what I can tell, all that "really matters" is that their parents are gone (dead? in the sense that something killed them anyway)

The rest doesn't really matter, that's all that I think happens.

TL;DR It's awakening, just with parallel universe instead of time travel

They have paralogue chapters of their own. Also, their own epilogue descriptions in the ending. They really don't seem to have any main story role though, even in the third route.

You could say it is non-canon since it does not affect the story.TBH, I will only use the kids if I want to make a StreetPass team that is unbeatable and there is no SreetPassers in my area so I won't be using the kids.(Especially in Nohr)

Streetpass features also work through internet here though, remember that.

TL;DR It's awakening, just with parallel universe instead of time travel

In one of Kamui and Shara's supports Kamui mentions knowing Shara as a child and playing with her, which wouldn't make any sense if she was from a parallel universe.

Edited by EJ107

They're not integrated into the story at all though, unless I'm mistaken.

Think of them as bonus units, justified only a little more than amiibo units, guest avatars, etc.

Not integrated? They are clearly integrated! I mean if Avatar pairs up with any other character, you literally am the father of that nextgen character who just happened to age incredibly fast due to this MyCastle pathetic timeskip function?

At least it is better then Awakening and the time travel is somewhat basic and does not fuck things up.

Also it is optional and does not have an affect on the story which I really like.

However if time moves really fast, how are the 1st gen units still the same age?

is it lol? time travel seems incredibly reserved in light of Kamui's Insta-Growth Solution for Combat Babiesâ„¢

Maybe the first gen characters don't age because they are from the real world where time flows normally and the children have the "laws" of My Castle applied to them because they were born there. Time goes faster, so they age rapidly and... And... Err... Let's say that somehow going to the real world for the first time cut their important bonds to My Castle, and even when they went back to this dimension they didn't start ageing like crazy again.

Edited by Vexian

This is absolutely terrible. I hate this crap. This is even more ridiculous than Amie and whatever the F*** people dislike combined.

Well considering its not part of the main plot this time, it doesn't affect it, so I don't see the issue.

Why would you have to go to an "outer space whatever that thing really is thingy" to recruit your child character then?

I'm not exactly sure what it means, but at least some children paralogues seem to take place in a location called "秘境" (unexplored region, but maybe here it's meant to be read as "secret boundary" or something fancy like that if it's referencing some extra-dimensional locations). I guess they end up exploring those dimensions, before the paralogue is finished and then they're allowed to go to the real world.

Edited by NeonZ

The game just released today, with some leakers two days earlier. With how the internet works today, no wonder if there is rumor circulating around from irresponsible people just to stir shitstorm on certain part of the fandom.

My advice is to be patient, wait for more verified leaks and translation. Regardless, since the main plot seems not affected by the different dimensional BS, you can ignore like it wasn't there in the first place.

How can I ignore the dimensional BS exactly?

Whenever S-Rank is reached, next gen paralogues appear, do I just ignore those paralogues?

Legit question here: Will it still be canon for me and me only if I decide to ignore paralogues and the entire existence of next-gen characters?

I actually plan to just totally ignore paralogues so nextgen characters don't get recruited, don't show up and I can play my own goddamn no BS fast-growth feature.

How can I ignore the dimensional BS exactly?

Whenever S-Rank is reached, next gen paralogues appear, do I just ignore those paralogues?

Legit question here: Will it still be canon for me and me only if I decide to ignore paralogues and the entire existence of next-gen characters?

I actually plan to just totally ignore paralogues so nextgen characters don't get recruited, don't show up and I can play my own goddamn no BS fast-growth feature.

Yes it can still be considered canon.Technically, you could consider Lucina the only canon child in FE: A to.