General US Politics

Ansem

7 hours ago, Dai said:

And that’s if he actually has an infection. He could still very well be faking it. Nonetheless, it’s ridiculous.

They’ve got him on dexamethasone, now. I’ve heard it’s got some bad side effects, mental in particular.

I don't think that's likely. Its true Trump getting corona distracts from his numerous blunders but it also forces the narrative to be about corona which is what Trump doesn't want. Corona is a policy aspect Trump has always been weak on. He'd rather talk about other things like ''law and order'' or the economy. 

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno what happened, but it looks like he got his phone back. He’s been tweeting incessantly for a half hour.

Edit: And, as usual, nothing of substance, or truth.

Edited by Dai

If what the others are saying about dexamethasone having mental consequences is true, then yeah, he probably would feel pretty invincible, especially since he beat a virus that others couldn't.

Wait, has he already recovered? Or are we still in the dark on that?

We don't even know how long he had it tbh. 

Its likely he knew he was positive several days before the official announcement on Friday. Tried to hide it.

And then only  made the public disclosure on Friday when his symptoms became so severe that he had to be hospitalized for treatment.  (from what little we know about how his symptoms progressed and how often he tests himself, I'd say its almost certain that he knew but didn't say anything earlier in the week)

Edited by Shoblongoo

In case anybody's impressed by the president's recovery and wants in on that medicare

White House staff are being told you're not allowed in our state of the art facility that exists in your place of work.

Also, regarding questions being raised about Trump's last negative test the previous week, I can totally believe he'd skimp on protocol to test every day, and that's why they don't have daily results to provide. Folks with thin skin tend to hate needles.

Edited by Glennstavos

Ooooh ho. Oooh, ho ho ho. Fuuuck you. FUUUCK you. Tell the 200,000+ and rising this bullshit. No one else gets the kind of treatment you got for this. Ooh, this makes me so mad.

People couldn't even be in the same room as dying family members to say goodbye, to avoid risk of further vectors of infection and community spread.

Trump made his motorcade drive around Walter Reed for a photo-op with exposed agents and staff crowded in with him while he was symptomatic. Because he was bored and wanted to wave to his supporters.

Trump passes supporters in motorcade outside Walter Reed

(i.e. this is just peak narcissist behavior. He can't even pretend like he cares about anyone but himself, or expend the slightest modicum of effort to avoid knowingly risking the health of his staff)

Edited by Shoblongoo

1 hour ago, Dai said:

Ooooh ho. Oooh, ho ho ho. Fuuuck you. FUUUCK you. Tell the 200,000+ and rising this bullshit. No one else gets the kind of treatment you got for this. Ooh, this makes me so mad.

7 days later.

President Donald J Trump passed away last night at the age of 74 due to Covid. 

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

White House staff are being told you're not allowed in our state of the art facility that exists in your place of work.

Then they would (assumedly) just be turned down by other places if they seek medical care elsewhere. Dang.

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

7 days later.

President Donald J Trump passed away last night at the age of 74 due to Covid.

Only to resume rage-tweeting from the grave the very next day.

Hey, if it worked for Herman Cain...

Though seriously, people are pointing out he certainly wasn't looking fine.

Well, only time will tell... because they won't, likely.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hey, if it worked for Herman Cain...

Though seriously, people are pointing out he certainly wasn't looking fine.

Well, only time will tell... because they won't, likely.

I hate being that guy, but this is also somewhat funny-looking.

https://twitter.com/SailorZZtar/status/1313234717106470917

Edited by Dai

59 minutes ago, Crysta said:

he's so desperate to look like a big strong man that he's going to end up killing himself and his staff to maintain appearances jfc

I honestly wouldn't give a shit if it weren't for the part about killing his staff. It's so stupid. Even worse is when they spread it to their families. He's a living super-spreader.

Well here's some good news.

Between the NYT expose on his taxes, 90 uninterrupted minutes of acting like a crackhead at the first debate, and the COVID outbreak running through Trump's inner circle while they continue to downplay it:  the bottoms falling out from Trump's poll numbers in the last leg of the race.

Biden's expanding his lead in Pennsylvania, Michigan,  and Wisconsin.

He's pulling ahead in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina.

And all the new polls coming out now after Trump's hospitalization have Biden up nationally somewhere in the range of +8% to +16%  (i.e. his biggest lead of the race so far, and landslide numbers if that holds up)
____

Fingers crossed thats how it is, and voters are done with this clown. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

In Trump's family, there is the strange notion that being sick is seen as weakness, or a moral failing of some kind. I believe that he forced the doctors that were treating him to release him prematurely instead of remaining in care for longer.

Trump may do well to remember that his grandfather passed from Spanish Flu back in 1918. "Good genes" don't prevent you from sickness that doesn't discriminate.

Edited by Tryhard

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

Well here's some good news.

Between the NYT expose on his taxes, 90 uninterrupted minutes of acting like a crackhead at the first debate, and the COVID outbreak running through Trump's inner circle while they continue to downplay it:  the bottoms falling out from Trump's poll numbers in the last leg of the race.

Biden's expanding his lead in Pennsylvania, Michigan,  and Wisconsin.

He's pulling ahead in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina.

And all the new polls coming out now after Trump's hospitalization have Biden up nationally somewhere in the range of +8% to +16%  (i.e. his biggest lead of the race so far, and landslide numbers if that holds up)
____

Fingers crossed thats how it is, and voters are done with this clown. 

Would sound good, but even if turnout is record-shattering high, always prepare for the possibility that it might not matter.

They're doing everything possible to undermine the results. Everything.