General US Politics

Ansem

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... I got a lot of things I wanna say about this country right now. But if I said them all here... well, I think I'd be instabanned. And I don't even like getting into political talk, it all goes over my head.

Just for the sake of knowing that someone out there has dedicated brain cells to knowing this about me... this country sucks. I'd leave if I could.

Honestly, Trump's response is more like WIlly Wonka than a head of sstate.

And I'm pretty sure like Willy Wonka he doesn't care what actually happens.

It's odd realising that they had to abandon things so fast they left accounts open.

2021-01-06.jpg

And there was also this. Just....... I'm going to put it there without context. I can't caption it.

Spoiler

2021-01-06.jpg

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

... I got a lot of things I wanna say about this country right now. But if I said them all here... well, I think I'd be instabanned. And I don't even like getting into political talk, it all goes over my head.

Just for the sake of knowing that someone out there has dedicated brain cells to knowing this about me... this country sucks. I'd leave if I could.

If you really want to vent, feel free to PM me.  As long as you're not going into detail about how you're going to commit terrorist acts, I'll listen.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

If you really want to vent, feel free to PM me.  As long as you're not going into detail about how you're going to commit terrorist acts, I'll listen.

Is it bad my first, immediate thought to this was "god no, I'm not a Trump supporter?"

I'm not that badly in need of venting, but you might wanna keep your PM box open if things keep going the way things are...

51 minutes ago, Phoenix Wright said:

ask yourself, if there were violence occurring in your state capitol and you're head of state, would you simply respond with, "stop," via twitter?

Yes, you are right and I agree with you. Frankly, I’m used to nothing good coming from Trump’s Twitter, and I’ms used to the overwhelming partisanship of our country, that it surprised me. Quite a bit. But there’s no guarantee of motivations for anyone other than himself.

Edited by Sooks

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Honestly, Trump's response is more like WIlly Wonka than a head of sstate.

Reminds me of the time when one newscaster compared him's mind to the one song from the classic movie. The song that goes, I'm paraphrasing "Come with me into a... world of pure imagination, what you see will defy... ex-plan-nay-tion".

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And there was also this. Just....... I'm going to put it there without context. I can't caption it.

It's a black wire on a brown pole, they'd want a different kind of power.

Stupid! I thought they were tearing down a power line, not raising the American Inquisition.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Is it bad my first, immediate thought to this was "god no, I'm not a Trump supporter?"

Eep.  I'm sorry, that's NOT what I meant!  I figured that you had less-than-stellar words for the Cheeto in Chief.

Heads seriously need to roll in whatever agency is in charge of the security in congress. That congress could even get stormed to begin with is a huge blunder. If not evacuated people like Pence or Pelosi could possibly have been murdered. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

4 minutes ago, Excellen Browning said:

So, no trumpers willing to speak out for their god-emperor?

They may have been banned a while ago.  Oops.  Sorry.

9 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Heads seriously need to roll in whatever agency is in charge of the security in congress. That congress could even get stormed to begin with is a huge blunder. 

True. Although if it's filled with Orange appointees, they'll have to be removed first, and funding allocated to turning the beautiful National Mall into Fortress America should it be necessary. Evacuate the Smithsonians to a strip of land in Virginia or Maryland if they must become redoubts, send the Monuments and Memorials too. If some of them must be destroyed, I suppose they can bulldoze the Sackler galleries outright, take some pills if you'd feel anguish about that.

Dedicating funding might be difficult, it is defense spending, thats popular, but it is for a cause the Right wouldn't support. Jihadists are the only right-wing terrorists that exist for them, radical right terrorists can only be found aboard, none at home.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Excellen Browning said:

I noticed a few recent joiners who haven't posted much else lurking this thread.

Hey, I’m one of those!

1 minute ago, Excellen Browning said:

Those are usually trumpers.

Not one of those. 😬

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

True. Although if it's filled with Orange appointees, they'll have to be removed first, and funding allocated to turning the beautiful National Mall into Fortress America should it be necessary.

Mall of America > National Mall  😛

3 minutes ago, Excellen Browning said:

I noticed a few recent joiners who haven't posted much else lurking this thread. Those are usually trumpers. Ssjbardock is also still around.

You can always cross-reference the list between a certain other popular thread.  I'm pretty sure that these are regulars on another part of the forum!

7 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

So, I thought the White House had better security than this?

The day the police goes as hard against the right as they go against anything slightly left of the right is the day i start hating seafood

Aka will never happen.

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Armchair General said:

I meant like going into lockdown as soon as someone gets past the fences.

considering how quickly everyone had to evacuate the chambers i don't think they even had the time to consider it -- they were also kind of in the middle of something pretty important

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

The day the police goes as hard against the right as they go against anything slightly left of the right is the day i start hating seafood

Aka will never happen.

Depends on where those police are.  Pretty sure ours wouldn't take it, but that's because my state has a very low opinion of Trump.  If anyone tried to storm the state capitol under that pretense, they'd be laughed at, then arrested.  And THEN the local news outlets would shame them.