QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

I'm in the process of looking for an FE section mod, but this thread isn't a recruitment tool and Integ likely didn't intend it that way lol. Starman is retiring, he's mostly still on the staff now because I like changing his group name. Maybe I'll just keep him there permanently and he can be our mascot.

i think you should keep him like that, having a mascot is nice

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's mostly still on the staff now because I like changing his group name.

Oh shit I had no idea this was a thing, I've been missing out :(

I noticed his most recent group name now because of this at least!!

actually thinking about it i could probably be a decent moderator since i have moderated small groups and stuff in the past but really it depends on how big the thing i'm moderating is

i'm generally pretty decent at knowing what things people should not do and what things are okay although i'm probably too light on the latter

although i do tend to tell people when they are doing a bad thing they should stop so i guess yes????? really i don't know now that i actually thought about it

Edited by maybe

but this thread isn't a recruitment tool and Integ likely didn't intend it that way lol.

hahahahahaha yeah of course he wouldn't do such a thing haha.....ha...

now i'm wondering how he's gonna answer today's question

*puts the section mod badge on Freohr's head*

Would be super ironic. :)

*throws in a non-existant vote for Fre*

Edited by ErrantShepherd

as a section moderator probs decent depending on the board

as a global i'd probably end up changing the titles of every thread to something related to bees or outdated memes and using my mods powers to annoy users I don't like.

I could moderate at least in the FE section since I know what someone may do and may not, but my mediocre English skills could be a problem.

If I was a mod, I'd change a few things like

• vanishing the necropost rule for all sections
  • therefore adding similar topics together to make a big topic to save topics with the same or similar content
  • pinning all videogame reviews
  • starting and pinning a FAQ thread for each FE game where members can answer any questions from other members immediately. So maybe the one or other topic can be saved

I could moderate at least in the FE section since I know what someone may do and may not, but my mediocre English skills could be a problem.

• therefore adding similar topics together to make a big topic to save topics with the same or similar content
  • starting and pinning a FAQ thread for each FE game where members can answer any questions from other members immediately. So maybe the one or other topic can be saved

@Ayama if anything we need to start making threads for gamexplain videos for whenever the next FE game comes out

Whoa, whoa! Slow down, you guys.

So, everyone who wants to be a mod:

You'll have to take care of Serious Discussion, too. :P:

As for me. . .it depends. Tee-hee~!

So, everyone who wants to be a mod:

You'll have to take care of Serious Discussion, too. :P:

this is the exact reason I added "depends on what the thing i'm moderating is" or whatever

Really depends on how much I'm modding tbh.

Like, I can handle small stuff, but something as big as SF would be overwhelming.

So shout out to the SF mods, props to you guys.

I think I'd be a pretty good mod.

However, I'd probably be way too lenient as a mod.

Like so long as they're not being extremely disruptive or toxic, I'll probably just give them a slap on the wrist.

Edited by ~Summer~

Uhhhhhh you know this forum's been around for over 8 years, right? And might even still go on for much longer

That's a LOT of content to deal with (pinning every review?? that would probably take up multiple pages, that's way too crowded and it sounds like a crowd is what you're against considering your stance on necroposting)

At the very least I'm assuming you mean merging topics that were made recent and from that point onward...

I'm still confused why people think the necroposting is leading toward a bunch of repeated, spammed topics. The topic has to be months inactive, which means that in active forums it'll be pages back and out of sight. Otherwise, the topic ALSO has to be off the first page, which means that in inactive forums (looking at you general forum) any long inactive topics are still going to be out of sight. Which means that shouldn't be clogging forums up at all, because the old topics will start disappearing. Any repetitive topics are likely just somebody not reading that another topic like it already exists and if you have a problem with that report it to the staff because they might not have noticed yet and if they see your point they'll take care of it. I've seen similar topics merged before. The staff don't magically see everything that's going on, that's way too much work. That's why the report function (sorry but this feature can't get emphasized enough because many of the complainers about stuff going on on the forum don't even bother to use it, when using it could help fix the problem) is very very helpful. Or also helpful, if reporting doesn't really work conveniently, is to message one of the staff whether that to you is PM or skype or some other form of contact.

But anyway if you want it to be easier to find reviews, suggest to the staff to give it its own little forum section (but of course I guess you'd have to be convincing enough as well)

But if you were to become a moderator, you'd have to suggest your changes to the staff anyway! You don't get the final say in anything, everybody has to consult each other. So mod or regular member, you'd have to make the suggestion to the other mods/admins either way. The staff is a team, everybody has to work together.

As for the pinned FAQ threads, I think depending on how it's set up that could work fine and help avoid an excessive amount of topics. And if you don't make it onto the staff, just remember it's still a suggestion you could make to them!

you are not hired, op

qotd: i believe i am already the best mod

QUESTION EIGHT HUNDRED AND EIGHTY: Are you a good listener?